As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yakuza: Like a Thread

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    "Man with a Big Head" for the best character in Kiwami

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Knob wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    That's rad

Fixed that for you

Alternately, "Holy shit!"

No, I'm pretty sure he meant dope, because that is in fact dope as fuck

No, I do actually mean "that's rad!", complete with dramatic zoom in and learning of new asskickery methods.

His Majima-flavored PS4 is awesome enough to teach new fighting styles on sight.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    That's rad

Fixed that for you

Alternately, "Holy shit!"

No, I'm pretty sure he meant dope, because that is in fact dope as fuck

No, I do actually mean "that's rad!", complete with dramatic zoom in and learning of new asskickery methods.

His Majima-flavored PS4 is awesome enough to teach new fighting styles on sight.

Ah, it was a reference. Sorry, thought you were trying to frown at people's choice of slang

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    "Man with a Big Head" for the best character in Kiwami

Dude's a real judo guy! They gave him a judo moveset that as far as I can tell is entirely exclusive to him

• Options
    Also those pins from a few pages back came in today and they're rad as hell!

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Edit: They deleted the tweet for some reason? Yakuza timeline site here: http://yakuza.sega.com/experience/index

AtomicTofu on
  • Options
    Oh thank fuck

• Options
    Doesnt have Mr Libido. Website is trash.

• Options
    Honestly I think stuff like Mr. Libido plays super poorly over here and I'd rather not have to look at or think about him at all

• Options
    Yakuza 7: Libido ga Gotoku

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Im going through Yakuza 0 on legend while I play Kiwami and

if your curious the choice other the Judgement at the Karaoke bar is just as good

https://youtu.be/K490mbjvSnw

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    one of the karaoke's in kiwami is amazing, it's a slow, somber song with screenshots of nishiki and kiryu from y0 in the background

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    kiwami 2 karaoke spoilers:

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    one of the karaoke's in kiwami is amazing, it's a slow, somber song with screenshots of nishiki and kiryu from y0 in the background

Bakamitai?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    That spoiler filter on that site is so awesome because I kinda forgot what the dude with the gun in his mouths deal was, since I only know him from the flashback in zero right now, so I turned off everything and clicked 1985 and got a nice, one paragraph thing and boom Im refreshed.

Actually now that I think about it, the fact that he's
    been sentenced to death
    may be a spoiler because I don't know if Majima knows that yet. Maybe. But either way, I remember whats up now.

I am at the part in 0 where Majima is gonna go see what a caberet club is like, and I'm waiting until I get home to do it. I've been playing a lot of the game on remote play at work, but I need whatever happens at the Caberet club on my big TV with good sound, I feel.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »

the better one is the one that's this but instead the pocket circuit guy

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I did that first karaoke song and i immediately said FUCK KIWAMI KARAOKE

i came here to punch nishkiyama's face through his butthole, not reminisce about what a rad pal he is

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I did that first karaoke song and i immediately said FUCK KIWAMI KARAOKE

i came here to punch nishkiyama's face through his butthole, not reminisce about what a rad pal he is

Aniki...

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I started Kiwami yesterday, and the last thing I did was unlock the MesuKing minigame

That is

Uh

Definitely an interesting take on rock-paper-scissors

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I didnt think it was possible for them to make the catfighting minigame from 0 interesting at all, but MesuKing definitely pulled it off

• Options
    I tried MesuKing and the second the menus came up my eyes went wide and I closed it in horror

which to be fair, is exactly how I responded to mahjong and shogi

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I tried MesuKing and the second the menus came up my eyes went wide and I closed it in horror

which to be fair, is exactly how I responded to mahjong and shogi

That last paragraph is why I'll never platinum Kiwami or Zero.

Just can't wrap my head around them.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    And it's based on a real series of arcade games too

https://youtu.be/Q_iiWkM5D-A

• Options
    I understand shogi. Im fucking terrible at it and cant beat easy opponents, but i at least understand whats going on

Mahjong though. Fuck me, i cannot wrap my brain about mahjong.

I will beat a man's ass at MesuKing, though. Come at me, bros.

• Options
    I only understand mahjong from playing it with my parents growing up, and that was similar enough to the Japanese variant for me to play it in Yakuza

• Options
    Play Yakuza 4 - "cool they put mahjong back in, I didnt get to play it in 3". An hour later: "FUCK THIS"

Play Dead Souls - "Maybe Ill take a break from this repetitive zombie slog with some mahjong." An hour later: "FUCK THIS"

Yakuza 5 - "I'm gonna read some online guides and stuff and learn to play Real Mahjong, instead of trying to use the ingame guides. Maybe thats the problem." An hour later: "FUCK THIS"

Yakuza 0 - "Okay, self, I'm just about tired of getting screwed out of trophies just cuz we're too dumb to play fuckin mahjong. This is what old ladies do in Japan. This is japanese bingo. We can do this." An hour later: "FUCK THIS"

Kiwami - Walking past the mahjong parlor: "FUCK YOU!"

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    In theory I know how Shogi works, but I'm fucking garbage at chess. At least I could probably use an online shogi-bot to get that trophy. Siccing a computer on a computer, basically.

Not sure if the same would work for mahjong.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    the Miracle Johnson quests singlehandedly justify Dead Souls

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    my problem with mahjong is knowing when to declare. and which declare to use. like that shit probably would make sense if I had someone there to coach me

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I can barely tell the mahjong suits apart, because I'm an idiot with idiot eyes and a dumb brain

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I can barely tell the mahjong suits apart, because I'm an idiot with idiot eyes and a dumb brain

Well, first off, mahjong is made of tiles, not suits

• Options
    I actually liked dead souls, i just couldnt play it for more than an hour or two in a single setting because it was very samey

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Well, first off, mahjong is made of tiles, not suits

Mahjong stars Gabriel Macht and Patrick J. Adams

• Options
    I haven't even gone in the fuckin kiwami mahjong parlor to look for locker keys

• Options
    In theory I know how Shogi works, but I'm fucking garbage at chess. At least I could probably use an online shogi-bot to get that trophy. Siccing a computer on a computer, basically.

Not sure if the same would work for mahjong.

It'd be tough, since mahjong also involves pouncing on opponents' discards to complete a meld for yourself. By the time you put in a move, someone else will have already taken the piece or taken their turn, making it impossible for you to claim the piece

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    yakuza mahjong should let you pull off a tsubame gaeshi as a heat move

https://youtu.be/qFy80xidbAg

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

...that's where Litchi got that technique name from?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Everything I learned about Mahjong and Shogi I learned from The Master of Killing Time.

So they probably rule.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

...that's where Litchi got that technique name from?

well, it's also a judo throw named for a swordsman's legendary technique, so take your pick

https://youtu.be/3Z5mebUtco0

uc3ufTB.png
This discussion has been closed.