Options

Yakuza: Like a Thread

19596979899101»

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Right. Beat the management stuff. Now I should probably play the actual game. I have a lot of money now.

Edit. WAIT this new power is called WHAT?!?!. I need to get into a fight immediately!!

Oh Ichi doesn’t actually have enough max MP to use it yet. Sad.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Once you can use it it is a pretty great ability.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2021
    Does anyone know where you get Odd Stones in Like a Dragon?

Figured it out. Time to go beat up some crotchety geezers

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Does anyone know where you get Odd Stones in Like a Dragon?

Figured it out. Time to go beat up some crotchety geezers

After that I’m going to play Yakuza!

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    I do not understand these book publishing side cases in Judgment.

If I was an author and the publishing company refused to print and sell my book until I finished writing the entire series I would take their ass to court.

Why hasn't this author told the company that keeps hiring me to fuck off until they do their damn job and publish his books?

edit: ok just did the 3rd case and the author finally asked us what the hell was going on with his first 2 books

edit 2: nevermind this author is crazy as hell

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Alright fine I'm installing Like A Dragon

What do I need to know

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options

What do I need to know

Have fun!

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

What do I need to know

Chapter 5 is where things really open up, it's a slow burn until then.

Do the business minigame when it comes up (guides are great for this), at least the first part to start off with.

The social link stuff is great and unlocks more job options for your party.

Don't worry too much about jobs to begin with, just check out their skill lists (red dot skills carry over between classes) and mix them around and see what works. But give Kasuga the foreman job when he unlocks it if even only for a second, as it's the only class that gives him a permanent field skill (knocking down barriers).

When doing side quests some will continue at different times of day, which is story progress driven until the end.

• Options
    And have fun!!

• Options
    Mahjong in the Yakuza/Judgment games should work like gambling in Red Dead.

If somebody else wins after I already called Riichi or they call Ron on a tile I discarded I should be able to get up from the table and shoot them in the face.

It's only fair

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Mahjong in the Yakuza/Judgment games should work like gambling in Red Dead.

If somebody else wins after I already called Riichi or they call Ron on a tile I discarded I should be able to get up from the table and shoot them in the face.

It's only fair

You know what?

Yeah.

Let me roundhouse kick Gamblin' Hideaki in his smug little face.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i really wish they'd do portraits for the names of the people you gamble with, they're great

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Like a Dragon, start of chapter 12
    Ryu Ga Gotoku more like Ryu Ga Go To The Polls

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Like a Dragon, start of chapter 12
    Ryu Ga Gotoku more like Ryu Ga Go To The Polls

I hate how much I love this joke

• Options
    I am here to complain about the Honk-Honk Man never spawning after I don't goddamn know how long of running back and forth and taking taxis and forcing loading screens

• Options
    I am here to complain about the Honk-Honk Man never spawning after I don't goddamn know how long of running back and forth and taking taxis and forcing loading screens

Fuck I hated trying to get those. I had one that took me a solid 45 minutes to get

• Options
    edited August 2021
    This isn’t the thread I was looking for

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Like a Dragon chapter 14
    holy crap this Kiryu fight
    The Majima fight got a little dicey once or twice but I was way over leveled
    Kiryu doesn't have anything fancy but he's just relentless. Handed me my first loss of the game

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Like a Dragon chapter 14
    Kiryu doesn't have anything fancy but he's just relentless. Handed me my first loss of the game

Three times

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Like a Dragon chapter 14

Fun fact about that fight:
    He won't directly attack Saeko or Eri. Because he's... well, Kiryu.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Like a Dragon chapter 14

Fun fact about that fight:
    He won't directly attack Saeko or Eri. Because he's... well, Kiryu.
    Even with that information, it's still a really tough fight.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    LAD Chapter 14
    I knew the trick to the fight, but even then Kiryu targeted Adachi the vast majority of the time, so for me it was largely a matter of attrition.

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    90+ hours in I finally finished the LAD's story. A couple of thoughts
    Boy, that whole election plot just kinda didn't matter. And Tendo was kinda a weak end to Arakawa's murder.
    Other than that, it was a really really good game. Also, I will never regret playing Adachi as a musician.

• Options
    I can reach the final final final boss in Like A Dragon but beating him is another story.

I need fear and paralysis block or I have no chance it seems

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular

you're not the boss of the honk honk man

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    looking up height and weight for characters in yakuzaverse is insane

adachi and saejima are both 6'3" and saejima is supposed to only weigh 205lbs despite being built like Mr. X

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    joon-gi is supposed to be 5'11"

fucking what

• Options
    Judgment ch 11
    This fucking Kuroiwa guy. Dude spends the whole game giving me shit for getting a not guilty verdict for Okubo, who then went and and killed his girlfriend (only not really it was the weasly as hell scientist), and turns out he's been running around playing hitman this whole damn time.

I'm not sure if I will be able to physically put the game down today until I get to fight this asshole and do that heat move where I jump over him, grab him, and slam him headfirst into the ground.

Also I was real excited for a moment when I thought that Hamura was about to get shot, but then Matsugane had to go and jump in front like an asshole. Hamura shot my man Kaito. Let him get hit.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

adachi and saejima are both 6'3" and saejima is supposed to only weigh 205lbs despite being built like Mr. X

Maybe these are like their fight weightclasses... the only way it can make any sense.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular

Maybe these are like their fight weightclasses... the only way it can make any sense.

Ethan Winters is 5' 10" and that is alarming to me for some reason.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Ethan Winters is 5' 10" and that is alarming to me for some reason.

5'11" actually!

• Options
    Just beat Judgment.

Fantastic game and one of the best end credits I've seen.

• Options
    Just beat Judgment.

I cannot believe we live in a world that is so stacked I may not actually play Judgment 2 launch day.

But I will certainly still be buy it launch day and it is definitely taking the slot right after Tales of Arise.

So excited for Judgment 2.

Judgment was my fav brawler style Yakuza. Cannot wait for more(err.. I guess I can based on the above but shut up)

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Just beat Judgment.

Judgment has such a strong and satisfying climax. Might be top 3 for RGG Studios (alongside Yakuza 0 and 7)

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
This discussion has been closed.