As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch 9.0] Patch/Season 4 live! Introducing new hero: Orisa!

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Somebody sent me a message saying I'm the most badass Rein player they've ever played with.

Not gonna lie. I was feeling myself.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Somebody sent me a message saying I'm the most badass Rein player they've ever played with.

Phrasing

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

Phrasing

Phrasing intended!

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    giphy.gif

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Umm...well, feeling yourself is a common turn of phrase where I'm from. And not to be confused with that.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Oh my god, I forget if it was in this thread or the SE++ one, but remember our discussion about medals not mattering if you're losing REALLY badly?

At the start of round 3 in Ilios competitive (we were getting hammered), our unfortunate Hanzo main bragged that he wasn't the problem because he had 4 kills at gold medal.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I often look at medals like that to see exactly the problem.

I had a similar situation but I was the gold with 5 elims and 3 point elims, in the 3rd round. I just told everyone to switch roles because we were all obviously in the wrong ones. Of course they responded the same way they had the whole round, which was dead silence.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Medals can be useful indicators but usually it's because there's a healer with gold/silver kills, which pretty much always means your team is losing because your DPS suuuuuucks.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Winston does like 60 a second I think

So with Lucio heal buff that's like 42 (60-18)

So...about a little under 5 seconds...then you have to add in amp.

Yeah that's about right, I tested it but didn't time. It doesn't seem to take much longer than before. I do have to reload with Winston if he amps it up, but I think that was already the case.

The biggest issue now will just be him wall riding away.
    I wish Winston's jump impacted on him hitting a wall. Also let him wall grab and then bounce again!

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »

I had a similar situation but I was the gold with 5 elims and 3 point elims, in the 3rd round. I just told everyone to switch roles because we were all obviously in the wrong ones. Of course they responded the same way they had the whole round, which was dead silence.
    The thing about this match was in round 1, the degree to which we got stomped was VERY harsh. Our initial draft was:

D.Va
    Mercy (me)
    Hanzo
    Widow
    Lucio
    Genji

It was a bad draft and I called it out as fast as I could. And it showed, because our first sortie with the enemy team consisted of D.Va being eaten alive from immediate focus fire, me dying from trying to rescue her, and Genji dying at the same time because he's not the best Genji in the world. During the next fight, Genji changed to ANA. THREE SNIPERS THREE SUPPORTS FML

So when I called it out again, two other people on the team said (at the same time as me) that we needed a complete lineup change. Everyone went along with it, except our precious goddamn Hanzo main. Who didn't say a -word-. We were begging him to change first so we could structure around him, at the start of round 2. And we got no word. So we changed things up on our own. It actually did have an impact for rounds 2 and 3, we put up as much of a fight as possible. But that goddamn Hanzo.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

Yeah that's about right, I tested it but didn't time. It doesn't seem to take much longer than before. I do have to reload with Winston if he amps it up, but I think that was already the case.

I wish Winston's jump impacted on him hitting a wall. Also let him wall grab and then bounce again!

i wish winston could throw banana peel

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017

I wish Winston could throw Genji. FASTBALL SPECIAL WITH ADDED NINJA?

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    His ult should allow him to pick up people and throw them, either off a cliff or hitting other players for damage.

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

The thing about this match was in round 1, the degree to which we got stomped was VERY harsh. Our initial draft was:

D.Va
    Mercy (me)
    Hanzo
    Widow
    Lucio
    Genji

It was a bad draft and I called it out as fast as I could. And it showed, because our first sortie with the enemy team consisted of D.Va being eaten alive from immediate focus fire, me dying from trying to rescue her, and Genji dying at the same time because he's not the best Genji in the world. During the next fight, Genji changed to ANA. THREE SNIPERS THREE SUPPORTS FML

So when I called it out again, two other people on the team said (at the same time as me) that we needed a complete lineup change. Everyone went along with it, except our precious goddamn Hanzo main. Who didn't say a -word-. We were begging him to change first so we could structure around him, at the start of round 2. And we got no word. So we changed things up on our own. It actually did have an impact for rounds 2 and 3, we put up as much of a fight as possible. But that goddamn Hanzo.

In all honesty, asking people to switch is a waste of time. If you think a comp needs to be changed, you need to switch.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    further to my comments re: DPS

I played more Pharah on Nepal, we were crushing 2-0 cuz they didn't shoot at me at all:

40eforbmm20s.jpg

my first death happened in Round 3 and from then they just kept focusing me down

so I swapped to Tracer in Round 5, who I've never played in Comp but was the best DPS I could play that fit our team's setup

and we won

OMG DPS IS SO FUN

Wait you don't main Pharah at all?

wht the fuck

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »

D.Va
    Mercy (me)
    Hanzo
    Widow
    Lucio
    Genji

In all honesty, asking people to switch is a waste of time. If you think a comp needs to be changed, you need to switch.

If you're the only healer, I don't think that'll be appreciated.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

D.Va
    Mercy (me)
    Hanzo
    Widow
    Lucio
    Genji

I did. We all did except the one guy. Asking people to switch works sometimes.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Like a single target Earthshatter effect

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Fell like 230 SR in one evening :rotate:

And every time it was either a bad pick or disconnect or some other useless thing.

At least the next evening I ended up in the plus again, but still like 180 from where I left..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Fell like 230 SR in one evening :rotate:

And every time it was either a bad pick or disconnect or some other useless thing.

At least the next evening I ended up in the plus again, but still like 180 from where I left..

this mmr volatility

u must calm the market... with junkrat...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular

I played more Pharah on Nepal, we were crushing 2-0 cuz they didn't shoot at me at all:

40eforbmm20s.jpg

my first death happened in Round 3 and from then they just kept focusing me down

so I swapped to Tracer in Round 5, who I've never played in Comp but was the best DPS I could play that fit our team's setup

and we won

OMG DPS IS SO FUN

wht the fuck

I started out playing her a lot when the game first came out, but by the time Competitive mode was released I was seeing other heroes.

But apparently Pharah is bae.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

D.Va
    Mercy (me)
    Hanzo
    Widow
    Lucio
    Genji

Yeah I've suggested changing comps plenty. More often than not if the first setup isn't working people will change in my experience.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

40eforbmm20s.jpg

and we won

OMG DPS IS SO FUN

wht the fuck

I started out playing her a lot when the game first came out, but by the time Competitive mode was released I was seeing other heroes.

But apparently Pharah is bae.

Oh come on, I know you've browsed r/pharmercy before. You always knew she was bae :p

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Pharah used to be pretty bad. Once they buffed her flight abilities she really clicked!

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    And yeah I've had plenty of success encouraging people to switch. You're generally more successful if you ask more than just one person to change. Folks (mostly) want to win and often everyone changing lets you as a team think about counters.

Main issue is that unless it's KotH, attack != defend, which is where some of the resistance can come from.

• Options
    BobbyrrrrBobbyrrrr Registered User regular
    I wish they could also implement some % rate as snipers played? Ok you play on the opposite team as your counterpart. So each team is as equally gimped.

• Options
    BobbyrrrrBobbyrrrr Registered User regular
    At least that might stop the "Actual team" vs Hanzo AND Widow.

• Options
    sanstodo wrote: »
    Found an imposter:

4nmsx2q9b9jf.jpg

this is a day late but I seriously could not figure out the joke, thought it was some inside humour and just went /shrug and moved on

rereading this page I look at it again and I'm like OH

OH RIGHT

• Options

D.Va
    Mercy (me)
    Hanzo
    Widow
    Lucio
    Genji

I find that people are usually cool about it if you're like "hey we're having trouble with this comp, can you please try something other than x." Except Hanzos. Hanzo will never swap and will act like they don't even read chat and usually aren't in voice either. I'm pretty sure most of them play with a controller too.

• Options

D.Va
    Mercy (me)
    Hanzo
    Widow
    Lucio
    Genji

I find that people are usually cool about it if you're like "hey we're having trouble with this comp, can you please try something other than x." Except Hanzos. Hanzo will never swap and will act like they don't even read chat and usually aren't in voice either. I'm pretty sure most of them play with a controller too.

Ice. Cold.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Would explain how they can't hit anything outside scatter shot.

• Options
    Half the time I watch Hanzo kill cams, they're actually misfires or aiming for something else but someone moves in the way.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Half the time I watch Hanzo kill cams, they're actually misfires or aiming for something else but someone moves in the way.

God I get so salty when they miss someone else by a mile and headshot me out of coincidence.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    You know what's awesome with Hanzo's though?

Eating their dragons as DVa.

Had a pretty hilarious one in a quickplay match today where I bumped him off some of the crates in Gibralter, and then immediately after he fell down, comes the 竜が我... so just a little tap of the DM and oopsies, no more dragon for you. Not sure how her point defense shoots magic arrows while they're still inside crates, but whatever.

Also ate a Mei ult that game too. Spooked her enough that the PotG was her literally turning around before throwing it at her feet to make sure it wasn't in my munching range.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

God I get so salty when they miss someone else by a mile and headshot me out of coincidence.
    The only aspect of that that gets me salty is when it shows my name and "100" by it. Because it means Hanzo's lucky-as-fuck heatshot, with projectile travel time, got me in one shot, unpreventable. That's kind of crap.

• Options
    hanzo had the foresight to load his bow with fucking logs, thats called planning

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

D.Va
    Mercy (me)
    Hanzo
    Widow
    Lucio
    Genji

I play with a controller... :<

Admittedly, I don't play sniper's or really any DPS, but still. It's not the dealbreaking handicap people make it out to be!

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Play how you want, obviously, but it is clearly inferior if not a deal breaker.

• Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular

D.Va
    Mercy (me)
    Hanzo
    Widow
    Lucio
    Genji

Better then asking most Widows to swap. (Yes good Widows can be a god damn terror but sometimes it's just not going to work)

"Hey we"re having some trouble do you think maybe"

Widow: "Fuck you" Disconnect.

• Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    It doesn't help, that everyone complains to widow-players. Even to competent ones.

I had a game, where whenever I died I saw Widowmaker-cam. Every time I saw her, she was headshotting 1-2 guys to death. And I mean every time.
    We still lost that match and rest of the group decided that it was that stupid widows fault...

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
This discussion has been closed.