As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam]: Where backlog progress and sales collide.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I love Enter The Gungeon, but I would encourage all those to wait until the beta branch gets pushed to production. It's pushes a ton of quality of life improvements that just make the game feel better. Saving in between floors being my most awaited feature.

I uninstalled it yesterday. Not going back until something is done. I'm too old to be stuck with archaic, non-optional game modes.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I feel bad for Steve Blum. He has a surprising range of voices that he never gets to use because he got so famous for his spike voice.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    From the recent Steam Auto-update (you probably have this already if you were in the beta):
    Added XBox 360, Xbox One, and Generic X-Input controller configurator support. This allows all recognized controller types to use the advanced mapping features of the Steam Controller Configurator. Note that because X-Input currently lacks per-controller means of unique identification, all controllers of that type will share personalization and configuration settings. As they share the same inputs, Xbox 360/One/Generic controllers will all see each-others configurations when browsing. Automatic conversion will be attempted when loading configurations from other controller types.

That's . . . pretty spiffy.

That is pretty neat; I've been using their DS4 support since they added it and it has made that particular controller vastly more useful. (no more DS4Windows)

For the Xbox controller, since it already has such wide support, this is basically configurable buttons + controller support for non controller games?

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    I feel bad for Steve Blum. He has a surprising range of voices that he never gets to use because he got so famous for his spike voice.

Having heard him in interviews I feel jealous of him. He gets to voice act (and is good at it) in what sounds like something very similar to his day-to-day voice.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Guys

there is Endless Legend Collection

on Steam

on - 85 % price

it's vanilla game and almost all of dlcs

im sorry for irritating way of writing

but its the only way to properly express my astonishment

i dunno when i will play it

but im afraid that if i start, i will never stop

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Man, you guys weren't kidding about Pony Island. Fired it up while waiting on hold with tech support...

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »
    Guys

there is Endless Legend Collection

on Steam

on - 85 % price

it's vanilla game and almost all of dlcs

im sorry for irritating way of writing

but its the only way to properly express my astonishment

i dunno when i will play it

but im afraid that if i start, i will never stop

There's a full on Endless Grand Collection too. Dungeon of the Endless+DLC, Endless Legend +DLC, and Endless Space +DLC for just under $18.
    That's a lot of game.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I just need to say this to someone else

But Castlevania Lords of Shadow is a gigantic piece of shit

With no hyperbole I think I can honestly say I hate this game

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I feel like I'm one of the only people who liked Castlevania - Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate. And Lords of Shadow.

I have a feeling it will be much the same for Lords of Shadow 2 when I finally get to it.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I really enjoyed Lords of Shadow (except for the DLC boss, that guy was crap) and the only thing that made me stop playing 2 was some of the weird stealth segments. That actually reminded me to reinstall the game so I can finally get around to beating it.

Sure gameplay wise it's more God of War than Castlevania but seeing as the last Castlevania I played was Aria of Sorrow and that was a long time ago it didn't spoil my enjoyment.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    I feel like I'm one of the only people who liked Castlevania - Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate. And Lords of Shadow.

I have a feeling it will be much the same for Lords of Shadow 2 when I finally get to it.

I really liked LoS (didn't finish it just yet, but I love what I got to play.) and I own MoF on 3DS and got to play quite a bit of it on plane trips last year. I've heard... things about LoS2, though.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    LoS is like, a game with poor controls, shitty design and an awful camera, but ultimately functional, playable mediocrity.

The DLC is some of the worst game design I have ever seen. It's fucking garbage. I can't rate this low enough.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    I'm still playing through Xcom2, but I just saw that Long War 2 Mod for Xcom2 just came out! It's already tempting to play it again once I beat it!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Are you playing Lords of Shadow with a controller? I felt like the controls were really tight.

The hellish area of the DLC and especially the DLC boss were horrible bullshit (that I eventually beat, for sure).

I went through the entire game on easy, and it was easily one of my favorite games I played when I got this computer and really got into Steam back in 2013.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I also really liked the first Lords of Shadow. I don't usually play character action games like that, so I had nothing recent to really compare it to. I didn't think it carried over very well to Mirror of Fate, and I felt the design of that game was a bit bland. LoS2 felt like they had improved the combat, but the often-maligned stealth sections were annoying (and you never got the opportunity to kick the crap out of those guys you had to use stealth to get past - that was a lost opportunity!), and the story seemed like it was trying to do something interesting but kind of failed.

I'd rate them LoS > LoS2 > LoS: Mirror of Fate

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular

You're not the only one. I love the Lords of Shadow games. Amazing VO and art direction and music.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I liked Lords of Shadow quite a bit. I didn;t play the DLC though, had heard poor things so I just watched a few cutscenes. Never played Mirror of Fate, but I did play Lords of Shadow 2, and it is not as good as the first.
    I wouldn't say it's terrible, but if it were the first game in the series I likely would not have gotten the sequel. It seemed pretty meh in relation to the original.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    Yeah, I never played the DLC for the first Lords of Shadow either. I've not heard good things.

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Today I finished up Analogue: A Hate Story and Epistory.
    header.jpg?t=1447355559
    Analogue is a VN in which you've come across an abandoned spaceship and need to figure out what happened to it. To do this, you read various logs and speak with the ship's AI programs. I thought it was an interesting enough story that I'm planning on picking up the sequel, Hate Plus, at some point. I'd recommend it if you enjoy VNs at all.

header.jpg?t=1481925088
    It seems as if everyone has been playing Epistory over the past few days, so I don't have much to say that hasn't been said. It's a typing game with a gorgeous papercraft aesthetic. It's a nice alternative to Typing of the Dead if you don't want something so over the top. I really enjoyed this one and would highly recommend it.

Finally, a last reminder that I'll be streaming Saints Row 3 (and possibly finishing it) tonight. This is also a Benji Costume Stream! It'll be happening in a few hours at 9:00 pm EST (BerryBea on Twitch).

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I love Enter The Gungeon, but I would encourage all those to wait until the beta branch gets pushed to production. It's pushes a ton of quality of life improvements that just make the game feel better. Saving in between floors being my most awaited feature.

I uninstalled it yesterday. Not going back until something is done. I'm too old to be stuck with archaic, non-optional game modes.

I would say its definitely not for everyone. It's more of a true Roguelike than just a roguelike because its randomized. True roguelikes expect you to die and die horribly most of the time, only really getting anywhere when you get a good rollout on your run ANd play well. Gungeon by virtue of its gameplay gives you the ability to get past that "you will die" aspect because there is a pretty high skillcap involved so potentially if you are really good you could beat the whole thing with just the starter gun. But that would be like, godly play.

I agree though the inability to save mid game, even if most last 10 or less minutes, really does suck.

• Options
    Kai_San wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I would say its definitely not for everyone. It's more of a true Roguelike than just a roguelike because its randomized. True roguelikes expect you to die and die horribly most of the time, only really getting anywhere when you get a good rollout on your run ANd play well. Gungeon by virtue of its gameplay gives you the ability to get past that "you will die" aspect because there is a pretty high skillcap involved so potentially if you are really good you could beat the whole thing with just the starter gun. But that would be like, godly play.

I agree though the inability to save mid game, even if most last 10 or less minutes, really does suck.

I saw that Enter the Gungeon is on sale via Humble Bundle, so I might finally check it out. I've watched a few videos of it and it seems like it'd be up my alley -- basically similar to The Binding of Isaac, but not gross. :)

• Options
    I think its harder than Isaac but shorter?

It really is hard, but its misleading because you think you really aren't getting far but you are. A lot of the play value comes from just how many unique and ridiculous guns there are and that makes it awesome.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »
    header.jpg?t=1447355559
    Analogue is a VN in which you've come across an abandoned spaceship and need to figure out what happened to it. To do this, you read various logs and speak with the ship's AI programs. I thought it was an interesting enough story that I'm planning on picking up the sequel, Hate Plus, at some point. I'd recommend it if you enjoy VNs at all.

You should check out her first game, Digital: A Love Story. It's really neat if you ever used BBS's back in the day.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    I think another thing that put me off of Gungeon was seeing screenshots from Koopah's playthrough that hinted at

ending spoilers:
    needing to do extra stuff in order to actually kill your characters past, which I call malarkey on.

I'm not fighting through this whole Gungeon to not get the gun I want just to have a twist that it isn't there. I don't know, it just doesn't seem thematically fitting for an otherwise happy-go-lucky setting to pull the rug out from under you, despite what the skeevy pixel art for some of the characters seems to entail.

Really bummed out that the trailer art didn't match up with the games, I guess they have someone else responsible for the former.

Karoz on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    header.jpg?t=1447355559

Obviously I quite like the series. I've yet to do the achievement in the sequel that requires baking a cake and sending a picture of it to Christine Love though.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    header.jpg?t=1447361145
    @Antoshka ......
    YOU ARE ALL MONSTERS.
    I am blaming all of you for this.

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited January 2017

Yo man spoilers, I have done a good job of not reading anything pertaining to what happens in that game yet :(

Kai_San on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    header.jpg?t=1447355559

You should check out her first game, Digital: A Love Story. It's really neat if you ever used BBS's back in the day.

Also her new game, Ladykiller in a Bind. God, that game is so good.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    If you ever want to give Gungeon a go again the best advice I can give new people is.

Roll into bullets
    Don't roll unless you absolutely have to.

• Options
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Yo man spoilers, I have done a good job of not reading anything pertaining to what happens in that game yet :(

My bad, edited it into a spoilers tag but you'll want to edit your quote.

• Options
    Bought Enter the Gungeon and played it for a bit. Died on the second level, but that's OK. I've got to get better at identifying gaps, because I kept falling into them. I didn't even notice they were there. So yeah, I need to pay better attention to details.

While I was initially comparing it to the Binding of Isaac, I'd say that it's only similar in a level structure sort of way. It definitely plays differently.

• Options
    Seasons after Fall beaten. It's a pretty and simple puzzle platformer. Hell, getting everything took me 7 hours total and I dawdled. If you're looking for something simple, give it a go.

Also note that if you play it with a controller, a tap up, down, left, or right on the Right Stick will select your season powers quickly (once you have them).

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Berry's Summer Charity Game Challenge - 2 of 6
    header.jpg?t=1479199101

Saints Row: The Third

I had so much fun with this game. I wasn't sure that I would. I tend not to enjoy playing evil/bad characters, and I bounced off of Saints Row 2. Once games get ridiculous/wacky/unrealistic enough though, I can enjoy them regardless of that. (Similarly, I don't care for shooters in general, but enjoy Borderlands.)

Anyway, I'm assuming you're all familiar with the Saints Row games. You're the boss of a gang and you run around causing mayhem. Well, you're taking down the other gangs, and the officials that get in your way. It's so utterly ridiculous though, with guns, car chases, and explosions galore (and those are the non-ridiculous parts).

One of my favorite things was that there were radio stations in the vehicles. So, I'd turn on the classical music station and go roaring down the streets, knocking over anything and anyone that got in my way. One of my favorite moments was chasing down a jet plane in my helicopter with Ride of the Valkyries playing. I also quite enjoyed running into the middle of the street, finding a fast car, standing in front of it to make it stop, then pulling the driver out and speeding off. (I might have even done that with a cop car once. Maybe.)

Anyway, true to form with games with character creation, my character was pretty hideous. I spent about an hour making her, but it didn't help. I tend to stick with my character though, regardless of how awful she looks in game (such as my pale zombie elf in Dragon Age). She doesn't look too bad on the parts without close-ups though.
    Spoiler-free:
    ?.jpg?.jpg?.jpg

This was one of my favorite missions. It just completely surprised me and made me laugh so much. (This would be a spoiler if you haven't played the game.)
    ?.jpg

Anyway, if there is actually anyone else out there who hasn't played this yet, I'd definitely recommend it if you want some ridiculous fun. I'm looking forward to playing Saints Row IV! Thank you so much to everyone that voted for this as a game I had to play for the charity drive incentive and a huge thank you to @HiT BiT for gifting me this game back in November 2013! <3

If you missed Benji's costume stream, don't worry! For a while, you can watch it here. I also took some pictures beforehand, because I wasn't sure if he was going to put up with the costume for the whole stream. So here are some pictures:
    MYq5J4L.jpg
    njWgAbs.jpg
    zQgERWW.jpg

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    This was one of my favorite missions. It just completely surprised me and made me laugh so much. (This would be a spoiler if you haven't played the game.)
    ?.jpg

I don't know if that's a spoiler, exactly. But it was pretty fun. The Septic Avenger missions from SR2 were better, though.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    So it appears that getting shot to your last bit of health and mashing a health pack will crash the gog version of the game.

I'm not sure what the steam version (which I just learned is free) is running but its something to be aware of.

I LIKE SWORD! IT'S A PERSONAL WEAPON!
    OH! SPLIT PER SON ALITY!

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I CANT BELIEVE @Berylline STAPLED THE COSTUME TO BENJI

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    If Bery was using the radio, there's a good chance most of her Twitch stream got muted, but you still get to see the bunny.

That's the important part.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Watch out, @UseR2006 is on the hunt.

Thanks for Virginia, dude.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    If Bery was using the radio, there's a good chance most of her Twitch stream got muted, but you still get to see the bunny.

That's the important part.

I took a quick look and it seems like only the last mission in muted, due to the music it uses.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    @UseR2006 just surprised me with a vague and paranoid accusation, and a gift of Eon Altar. Thanks for the confusing classiness. What did you people do to him?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
This discussion has been closed.