As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam]: Where backlog progress and sales collide.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Anyone that owns Ticket to Ride on steam, can tell me something about it? There is a lot of recent reviews saying it doesn't work since a recent update, and I wanna know if it's fixed

Let me make sure it's updated, and I'll see if it works.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    @AdditionalPylons I just played a round on the Germany map and it didn't crash on me. I didn't have any graphical flickering either (which I've had in the past).

I'm on Windows 10 in case that matters to you.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    jclast wrote: »
    @AdditionalPylons I just played a round on the Germany map and it didn't crash on me. I didn't have any graphical flickering either (which I've had in the past).

Thanks man! Recently, I got a chance to play the physical board game with some friends and loved it, so I think I'll get this

AdditionalPylons on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Been listening to the Assault Android Cactus soundtrack some the last few days and I'd just like to remind everyone that that's a good soundtrack

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Amazon has my Mass Effect Andromeda order listed as "shipping soon" ... umm, that's not cool, Amazon. It's supposed to be delivered today. I preordered it ages ago.

:evil:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Amazon has my Mass Effect Andromeda order listed as "shipping soon" ... umm, that's not cool, Amazon. It's supposed to be delivered today. I preordered it ages ago.

amazon's order statuses are about as accurate as reading chicken entrails

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular

was it Amazon that is going off the Euro release date instead of the US one for MEA?
    pretty sure that was a thing for one of the vendors and it means a delay of several days.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    I've never had a problem with them. I'm hoping this is just a fluke and it will actually show up today...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I did a side story mission in Mad Max last night which I barely completed thanks to poor instructions from the game. I had to drive a big, hard-to-maneuver truck somewhere, and since I wasn't driving my regular car, all I had access to was my shotgun. I got to the first waypoint on the map and Max muttered something about my next waypoint, but nothing appeared in the UI telling me where to go. Meanwhile, a few enemy cars approached, so I dispatched them with my shotgun. I drove around aimlessly, hoping a waypoint marker would appear, but nothing happened. I looked up the mission online and turns out a lot of people had this issue; turns out a marker actually does appear on your map! I quickly made it my active waypoint.

Unfortunately, by this point I was down to two rounds of my shotgun. And I had a long drive ahead of me. And then the game gives me an extra "fuck you".

STORM APPROACHING SEEK SHELTER

If you haven't played the game, understand that storms are no joke in Mad Max. I can survive them no problem in the default car, but in a lumbering hulk of a truck? For reference, here's a video of a typical storm:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rxdwLQx4Rk

So I'm lumbering through this storm, slowly but surely, and I took a few good hits from lightning. Since I'm not driving my car, I don't have my hunchback friend to repair the vehicle when I need it, leaving me with my only option: get out and spend scrap on instant repairs. I do this three times during the journey, to the point that I completely run out of scrap to pay for any more repairs.

By the time the goal in in sight, my truck is on fire. I take one more lightning bolt just before reaching the end, triggering the 5-4-3-2-1 countdown urging me to get out of the truck because it's about to explode. With two seconds left, the mission completes and I watch the cutscene occur in the middle of the storm. It was supposed to be a bunch of wastelanders windsailing out into The Great White, but all I could see was a vague shadow of a sail. I should see if I can watch that cutscene on youtube.

Right after that, I ran for the nearest shelter so I wouldn't get killed by lightning. Almost as soon as I reached the outside of a building, the storm ended.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    I did a side story mission in Mad Max last night which I barely completed thanks to poor instructions from the game. I had to drive a big, hard-to-maneuver truck somewhere, and since I wasn't driving my regular car, all I had access to was my shotgun. I got to the first waypoint on the map and Max muttered something about my next waypoint, but nothing appeared in the UI telling me where to go. Meanwhile, a few enemy cars approached, so I dispatched them with my shotgun. I drove around aimlessly, hoping a waypoint marker would appear, but nothing happened. I looked up the mission online and turns out a lot of people had this issue; turns out a marker actually does appear on your map! I quickly made it my active waypoint.

Unfortunately, by this point I was down to two rounds of my shotgun. And I had a long drive ahead of me. And then the game gives me an extra "fuck you".

STORM APPROACHING SEEK SHELTER

If you haven't played the game, understand that storms are no joke in Mad Max. I can survive them no problem in the default car, but in a lumbering hulk of a truck? For reference, here's a video of a typical storm:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rxdwLQx4Rk

So I'm lumbering through this storm, slowly but surely, and I took a few good hits from lightning. Since I'm not driving my car, I don't have my hunchback friend to repair the vehicle when I need it, leaving me with my only option: get out and spend scrap on instant repairs. I do this three times during the journey, to the point that I completely run out of scrap to pay for any more repairs.

By the time the goal in in sight, my truck is on fire. I take one more lightning bolt just before reaching the end, triggering the 5-4-3-2-1 countdown urging me to get out of the truck because it's about to explode. With two seconds left, the mission completes and I watch the cutscene occur in the middle of the storm. It was supposed to be a bunch of wastelanders windsailing out into The Great White, but all I could see was a vague shadow of a sail. I should see if I can watch that cutscene on youtube.

Right after that, I ran for the nearest shelter so I wouldn't get killed by lightning. Almost as soon as I reached the outside of a building, the storm ended.

Just another day in Australia.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Yeah, fuck those Mad Max storms. :(

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Annnnnd... Andromeda just arrived. Oh, Amazon, you tricksy trickster tease, you.

In other news, my kid should be arriving today, having made a 3400-mile cross-country drive in just 4 days. :o I just want to throw out a very special thanks to @destroyah87 for helping to make this move possible. You are really a special sort of special. <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    The only reason I don't have Nier is because of Zelda. And Nioh. And Horizon. And Last Guardian. And RE7. And FFXV. And what the fuck we're in like the biggest Utopia of AAA games ever.

Yup, same here. Sans Nioh and Last Guardian, i have those to start as well as Wii U stuff like Xenoblade Chronicles, XCX, Bayonetta double pack and both Wii Zeldas. Those are just the games I'm itching to play!

Ok well that didn't last long. Picked up Dirt Rally, Nioh, Watch Dogs 2 and the 3D Blu-ray of Dr Strange today :lol:

Hey if I'm driving everywhere and confronting my anxieties head on, I'm going to treat myself!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Is Destroyah gifting people family reunions now?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options

Pretty much.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I wish Bioshock 2 remaster was more stable. So much crashing. I'm on what I am quite sure is the final battle and it's crashed 2 3 times this morning mid fight.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    jclast wrote: »

Thanks man! Recently, I got a chance to play the physical board game with some friends and loved it, so I think I'll get this

There are time I prefer if I hadn't bought it on XBL. The game is fun, but the achievements are shit. XBLA games shouldn't be that hard to 100%.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Annnnnd... Andromeda just arrived. Oh, Amazon, you tricksy trickster tease, you.

In other news, my kid should be arriving today, having made a 3400-mile cross-country drive in just 4 days. :o I just want to throw out a very special thanks to destroyah87 for helping to make this move possible. You are really a special sort of special. <3<3<3

Does your kid know he is about to become an Andromeda orphan? :wink:

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

Pretty much.

Please kidnap my idiot relatives and bring then home/take them far away from their ex's so they cannot do anything else stupid.

• Options
    I wish Bioshock 2 remaster was more stable. So much crashing. I'm on what I am quite sure is the final battle and it's crashed 2 3 times this morning mid fight.

Is your save compatible with standard bioshock 2?

• Options
    Karoz wrote: »

In other news, my kid should be arriving today, having made a 3400-mile cross-country drive in just 4 days. :o I just want to throw out a very special thanks to destroyah87 for helping to make this move possible. You are really a special sort of special. <3<3<3

Does your kid know he is about to become an Andromeda orphan? :wink:

He'll be okay with that. ;)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    You don't need disks for it, Evil Genius is on Steam:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/3720/

All I remember about that game is just to overdo it on the Social Minions, and you're good.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Is your save compatible with standard bioshock 2?

Apparently, no.

I quick save scummed through the last fight and ironically it didn't crash that time.

On to see what the hype is with Minerva's Den

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Let's not forget the glorious mouse cursor for that game.

Now to Google the best traps.

• Options
    Well while Destroyah is granting Christmas wishes....

I want a pony.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Wolf of DresdenWolf of Dresden Registered User regular
    IIRC @Iolo recommended Reverse Crawl a while back and since it's on sale this week for $3, I got around to picking it up. A short (2 hrs) but delightful little turn-based strat game with the usual TBS emphasis on focus firing dangerous enemies in an efficient manner to progress. The king has been slain by invaders, but since his loving daughter was a necromancer, daddy deadest has returned as a revenant. Together he and his goth-inclined daughter are going to turn back the forces of the Red Queen even if they have to empty Hell to do it.

So while the Red Queen sics her heroes (and their supporting militia) on you, you seek... stranger... minions. There are a lot of possible minions, with the list including things like spider queens, sirens, dark elves, death knights and more undead than you can shake a cleric at. Of course, many of these minions aren't exactly eager to come and join your happy little crusade and so need some convincing (which, since this is a strat game, is primarily delivered through an excessive amount of violence).

Three things I thought it did well: (a) there is plenty of player agency - for example, the majority of the 25 fights in the questline give the player a choice among one of three different fights, with the fights offering different rewards (which can be new minions, buffs to existing minion groups or new spells); (b) the writing keeps a light touch and manages to land some of the jokes; and (c) there is some emphasis on positioning, with ranged combatants being (generally) unable to escape contact with melee enemies and a bonus applied to melee damage for having multiple friendly units next to the same target.

Your main methods for influencing battle once joined are through the clever selection of minion groups and what spells you want to cast.

Essentially, each fight is a contest between several packs of characters, with one pack being replaced by the next once it is wiped out. As a result, you can afford to spend lives in battle if you are getting kills in exchange, and certain minion groups have preferred and weak targets. Also, minion groups have a randomly shuffled set of traits which at times may make certain groups more or less attractive (for example, selfish minions don't get a flanking bonus - ranged minions won't care, but a pack of zombies may be greatly weakened if fielded with this trait).

Spells use up threat, which is generated by killing, your skill tree and certain magically inclined characters. Each time you cast a spell inside a fight, it gets more expensive (at least, until you max out the magus skill tree) so there is incentive to not just spam the same power over and over again. The biggest and baddest spells (25 pts) bring in one of two possible heavy hitters (you will pick one and play a set of two story missions) who hand out the harm like pros.

After you finish, there is an NG+ and an Endless mode - there is also the opportunity to play back through the story and take some different paths. My first playthrough relied on all the arrows with the Dark Elves as the backbone of my army while the second game saw me go heavy on the magic and summon an (excessive) number of ghouls.

Weak spots: (a) the enemies don't follow the cooldown structure, so by the late game the heroes spam an incredible number of abilities, including (at times) a truly excessive amount of healing and stun effects; (b) the developer is a one man show, so the art is cutesy in a mobile game sort of way; and (c) as mentioned above, the game is quite short (so if you expect 20 hours of game for less than a cup of coffee look elsewhere).

• Options
    f3rret wrote: »

All I remember about that game is just to overdo it on the Social Minions, and you're good.

My first Steam purchase, and thus, the longest to linger on the backlog, untouched.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »

My first Steam purchase, and thus, the longest to linger on the backlog, untouched.

Not by James Bond or Jack Bauer, the evil genius is foiled by the ultimate foe; gamer apathy.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

I want a pony.

I'm not in the pony gifting business. Not since the accident.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Select the pistol, and then, select your pony.

• Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Select the pistol, and then, select your pony.

I cry... every tiem.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I want a sale so I can get Rimworld for less than $15 because I'm cheap.

Also, can anyone tell me if either Bastion or Transistor can be played with a controller? I'm trying to come up with fun little games I can play on my laptop while sitting in the TV room with my wife, vice sitting on the desktop in the other room. I scratched the surface of both games and know they are quality games if I can give them some focus, for once.

(also I may or may not have a man crush on Greg Kasavin)

Mugsley on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I want a sale so I can get Rimworld for less than $15 because I'm cheap.

Also, can anyone tell me if either Bastion or Transistor can be played with a controller? I'm trying to come up with fun little games I can play on my laptop while sitting in the TV room with my wife, vice sitting on the desktop in the other room. I scratched the surface of both games and know they are quality games if I can give them some focus, for once.

(also I may or may not have a man crush on Greg Kasavin)

Both had console releases which normally is a good gauge of controller support. In fact, I can't even picture playing either on a keyboard.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    They play decently with KBAM but I prefer using a controller for both of those games.

• Options

I want a pony.

I can't post the screenshot cause I'm at work and don't feel like logging in, but @Pixelated Pixie took on the Destroyah gift giving mantle this time.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    A few days ago I'd been looking over my bank statements and realized I hadn't bought any games since December and felt pretty good about slowing down the habit of buying games that I then don't play or don't finish despite enjoying them.

In the space of less than a week I've purchased Nier Automata, ME:Andromeda, and the new Zelda despite not having a Switch yet. Now in all of these cases I bought them with a discount which I figured I wouldn't see for quite a while again for the latter two and the first has enough weird surprises that I didn't want to get spoiled on if I held off so long that look back articles started flowing freely but man . . . I need to finish up this Mount and Blade Prophesy of Pendor playthrough so I can put more time into Nier and then start up ME while finding time to hunt down a Switch while still doing my dailies in Elder Scrolls Online.

Help.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular

I want a pony.

I can't post the screenshot cause I'm at work and don't feel like logging in, but @Pixelated Pixie took on the Destroyah gift giving mantle this time.

Pony Island? Magic Crystals and their Secrets? Some other mystery pony game? Enquiring minds would like to know.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Oh God. The machine version of Romeo and Juliet in Nier: Automata.
    Three Romeos and three Juliets arguing over which of them is which ('Juliet, Juliet, I'm not quite sure!') and then fighting to the death ('Pisseth off!')

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Hi Steam thread, does anyone know if it's possible to refund a game that is in inventory that was purchased > 2 weeks? On mobile so my googling is limited :/

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    My understanding is if you played less than 2hrs, then you can still get a refund. But I have very little experience in this area

This discussion has been closed.