Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Nintendo Switch: No Zelda Talk Here

19192949697100

Posts

  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Yes, this is not Nintendo directly saying on their official channel. But I mean, your hardware is broken - would you shout that fact from the rooftops just before launch?
    Honesty and an effort to resolve the issue is an expectation people reasonably have. I dunno about shouting it, but trying to be quiet about it isn't helping.

    I agree. Though just purely guessing, they may not want to say anything until they are sure the patch is done and certified, etc. Or maybe they are just hoping to sweep it under the rug. *shrug*
    wunderbar wrote: »
    Polygon's article is click-baity sure, but the issue is legit and a gripe, and one tweet saying "Nintendo PR says...." isn't really an official comment from nintendo, unless we can be provided with an official statement. And until there is an official statement and/or we get a system update and the problem goes away, yes, we have every right to be concerned about this issue.

    Also, Polygon is right. the pay for online service launches in the fall. That doesn't mean that online doesn't happen before then, it means that the pay for online service launches in the fall.

    I do not like Polygon, and I don't like parts of this article. But there are legit gripes about the Switch that can't be ignored, and sometimes sensationalizing it is an effective way of pointing it out. I don't necessarily agree with the approach, but overall, yes, this is an issue. No, there has been no real comment on it. Yes, we should be worried.

    But that's not true. The pay online service launches before then. You just don't pay for it until the fall. They deliberately said this (and obviously they are trying to sell people on the service with the free trial). So it's disingenuous to even include that as a gripe. Are you complaining that you can't pay for it until the fall? No, he's acting like it's not out until then.

    I agree there are things to gripe about, but this article is full of so many stupid things the legitament complaints get lost in the noise.

    Have they said the full online experience will be available for free or is it a limited trial or something like they mentioned with the app? Are we getting beta online services or the whole thing and they're just tacking on the price tag later?

    http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/
    Online Play on Nintendo Switch

    You’ll be able to play compatible co-op and competitive games online by signing in with your Nintendo Account. Online play will be free for Nintendo Account holders until our paid online service launches in fall 2017.


    After the free-trial period, most games will require a paid online service subscription from Nintendo in order to play online.

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I mean, the scuttlebutt from developers this go around has been that the Switch is very easy to develop for since it's a nintendo console that finally runs normal engines, and that Nintendo has been very helpful in the process. I imagine the huge indie push is part of that.

    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Yes, this is not Nintendo directly saying on their official channel. But I mean, your hardware is broken - would you shout that fact from the rooftops just before launch?
    Honesty and an effort to resolve the issue is an expectation people reasonably have. I dunno about shouting it, but trying to be quiet about it isn't helping.

    I agree. Though just purely guessing, they may not want to say anything until they are sure the patch is done and certified, etc. Or maybe they are just hoping to sweep it under the rug. *shrug*
    wunderbar wrote: »
    Polygon's article is click-baity sure, but the issue is legit and a gripe, and one tweet saying "Nintendo PR says...." isn't really an official comment from nintendo, unless we can be provided with an official statement. And until there is an official statement and/or we get a system update and the problem goes away, yes, we have every right to be concerned about this issue.

    Also, Polygon is right. the pay for online service launches in the fall. That doesn't mean that online doesn't happen before then, it means that the pay for online service launches in the fall.

    I do not like Polygon, and I don't like parts of this article. But there are legit gripes about the Switch that can't be ignored, and sometimes sensationalizing it is an effective way of pointing it out. I don't necessarily agree with the approach, but overall, yes, this is an issue. No, there has been no real comment on it. Yes, we should be worried.

    But that's not true. The pay online service launches before then. You just don't pay for it until the fall. They deliberately said this (and obviously they are trying to sell people on the service with the free trial). So it's disingenuous to even include that as a gripe. Are you complaining that you can't pay for it until the fall? No, he's acting like it's not out until then.

    I agree there are things to gripe about, but this article is full of so many stupid things the legitament complaints get lost in the noise.

    Have they said the full online experience will be available for free or is it a limited trial or something like they mentioned with the app? Are we getting beta online services or the whole thing and they're just tacking on the price tag later?

    http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/
    Online Play on Nintendo Switch

    You’ll be able to play compatible co-op and competitive games online by signing in with your Nintendo Account. Online play will be free for Nintendo Account holders until our paid online service launches in fall 2017.


    After the free-trial period, most games will require a paid online service subscription from Nintendo in order to play online.

    Okay so most of it's available early but not everything
    Online lobby and voice chat

    Our new dedicated smart device app will connect to Nintendo Switch and let you invite friends to play online, set play appointments, and chat with friends during online matches in compatible games─all from your smart device.

    A free, limited version of this app will be available for download in summer 2017.

    So it's weird but I don't think he's completely wrong, just the wording is weird. The ability to play online will be there but not the "Full" online service. Maybe. Nintendo should just fly this thread out and let us nitpick stuff before they put it on their site.

    Twitch Streaming W/TH/F and more
    Dohaeris210 on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Sometimes, I make YouTube videos
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Awful lot of ports and not-new stuff in there. Which is fine and great for people without a PC but nothing really speaking to me with a PC and a PS4 already.

    More advance wars stuff though please. That's a great series. I'll take a knockoff, sure.

    A lot of those couch co-op or whatever we call games like Overcooked and Towerfall Ascension will be nice to have in a portable form though.

    I'll be rebuying some of these games because I can now lay them on the go.

    That's worth enough for me to at least consider a re-purchase on a title per title basis.

    Also not compromised in any way, unlike some of the 3DS versions of games. I tended to prefer them anyway for added 3D effect as well as portability, but it's undeniable that sacrifices were made for the hardware often.

    At least, probably not compromised in any way. Dunno before you play them.

    The moon might also be made of cheese. Won't know till you go there.


    I'd imagine if Zelda is not compromised then Stade Valley won't be.

    I mean I'm hearing quite a few complaints about Zelda performance so

    Plus that doesn't mean just performance. Could have all sorts of weird port issues. Moon comparison not good because we had lots of info on it before we went there. Not so much with a quick clip and title announcement of a game. I'm just saying don't assume everything will be perfect before anyone's gotten a chance to try it, especially given Nintendo's weird track record. We might be getting "Switch" versions of games instead of direct ports that have different features and stuff. Certainly hope it'll be good for a lot of those games, being able to set the thing up where ever would be hugely beneficial for some of those games.
    I wonder what Nintendo's patch policies will be for some of those indie games that tend to update a lot.

    I get you're not a fan of the system but something about this seems disingenuous. I mean you have these indies porting games to the system and saying they are the full, and in some cases more, experiences and you need to throw in a "but they might not REALLY be"

    It just seems a bit of being a goose. I mean if there are real issues I'm 100% down with holding Nintendo's feet to the fire but there's no evidence there's some mythical "switch" version lower port tier.

    I haven't seen anyone say that dude. I'm going off of the game lists posted in this thread and people talking about what I assume was some sort of video montage of announced games. If they've said that then sure, I bet it'll be awesome! I just haven't seen what you're saying, I haven't been able to watch the video stuff yet.
    And I'm totally a fan of this thing, I just think it has some issues that I hope get resolved. I think the idea is great and the hardware looks mostly great too! But I'm also totally allowed to be critical of it at the same time and realistic about the history of ported stuff often being different than the original in many different ways.

    I was just saying that "not compromised in any way" isn't something we know yet. I certainly hope it is the case!

    This is really dumb. There's a world of difference between an indie appearing on every console/PC and then 3DS, and an indie appearing on every console/PC and then Switch.

    They don't have to compromise like they used to. There are few things more blatantly obvious than this, we've got plenty of footage of a lot of indies at this point and you can compare it across platforms. The majority of indies already didn't have to compromise when they released on Wii U, and the Switch is more powerful than that. There is absolutely no reason to call this into question.

    Of course the odd game here and there will be 30 FPS instead of 60 or whatever. That doesn't diminish the difference between what indies used to have to contend with on 3DS, and the near-parity they've got now, which will be good enough in 90% of cases for these games to run identically to other platforms.

    UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    The Wii U did quite well for indie releases, especially considering it was, well, the Wii U. For quite a while it had many more indie releases than the Xbox One. (Granted Microsoft told indies to go fuck themselves for a while, but still.)

    Switch looks like it could be an even bigger indie haven. Especially since it will pretty much have the portable side of things all to themselves.

    cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Awful lot of ports and not-new stuff in there. Which is fine and great for people without a PC but nothing really speaking to me with a PC and a PS4 already.

    More advance wars stuff though please. That's a great series. I'll take a knockoff, sure.

    A lot of those couch co-op or whatever we call games like Overcooked and Towerfall Ascension will be nice to have in a portable form though.

    I'll be rebuying some of these games because I can now lay them on the go.

    That's worth enough for me to at least consider a re-purchase on a title per title basis.

    Also not compromised in any way, unlike some of the 3DS versions of games. I tended to prefer them anyway for added 3D effect as well as portability, but it's undeniable that sacrifices were made for the hardware often.

    At least, probably not compromised in any way. Dunno before you play them.

    The moon might also be made of cheese. Won't know till you go there.


    I'd imagine if Zelda is not compromised then Stade Valley won't be.

    I mean I'm hearing quite a few complaints about Zelda performance so

    Plus that doesn't mean just performance. Could have all sorts of weird port issues. Moon comparison not good because we had lots of info on it before we went there. Not so much with a quick clip and title announcement of a game. I'm just saying don't assume everything will be perfect before anyone's gotten a chance to try it, especially given Nintendo's weird track record. We might be getting "Switch" versions of games instead of direct ports that have different features and stuff. Certainly hope it'll be good for a lot of those games, being able to set the thing up where ever would be hugely beneficial for some of those games.
    I wonder what Nintendo's patch policies will be for some of those indie games that tend to update a lot.

    I get you're not a fan of the system but something about this seems disingenuous. I mean you have these indies porting games to the system and saying they are the full, and in some cases more, experiences and you need to throw in a "but they might not REALLY be"

    It just seems a bit of being a goose. I mean if there are real issues I'm 100% down with holding Nintendo's feet to the fire but there's no evidence there's some mythical "switch" version lower port tier.

    I haven't seen anyone say that dude. I'm going off of the game lists posted in this thread and people talking about what I assume was some sort of video montage of announced games. If they've said that then sure, I bet it'll be awesome! I just haven't seen what you're saying, I haven't been able to watch the video stuff yet.
    And I'm totally a fan of this thing, I just think it has some issues that I hope get resolved. I think the idea is great and the hardware looks mostly great too! But I'm also totally allowed to be critical of it at the same time and realistic about the history of ported stuff often being different than the original in many different ways.

    I was just saying that "not compromised in any way" isn't something we know yet. I certainly hope it is the case!

    This is really dumb. There's a world of difference between an indie appearing on every console/PC and then 3DS, and an indie appearing on every console/PC and then Switch.

    They don't have to compromise like they used to. There are few things more blatantly obvious than this, we've got plenty of footage of a lot of indies at this point and you can compare it across platforms. The majority of indies already didn't have to compromise when they released on Wii U, and the Switch is more powerful than that. There is absolutely no reason to call this into question.

    Of course the odd game here and there will be 30 FPS instead of 60 or whatever. That doesn't diminish the difference between what indies used to have to contend with on 3DS, and the near-parity they've got now, which will be good enough in 90% of cases for these games to run identically to other platforms.

    I think it's a really minor thing I said that a lot of people are getting very upset about! I was just saying stating concretely that all those games will be exactly the same as they are other places isn't something we know yet!

    I think your third paragraph there is an absolutely agreeable statement and much more reasonable than "Not compromised in any way"

    SniperGuy on
    Twitch Streaming W/TH/F and more
    Dohaeris210 on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Sometimes, I make YouTube videos
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Nintendo doesn't need to acknowledge any "joycon thing." As far as they're concerned, the system in the hands of press pre-release is the same as it not being in anyone's hands.

    They don't have to acknowledge any pre-launch issues. It'd be like, "hey internet, in October 2015 when we were working on the Switch, we identified a problem where the central Switch unit would slip out from the joycons and shatter on the floor. Rest assured we are working on a solution to this issue and it will be resolved before launch."

    It wasn't in our hands then, so we didn't need to know...and it's not in our hands now.

    Except they sent it to press people for the express purpose of the press people talking about it and sharing that information with the world.

    So yes, they do need to acknowledge it. It is in people's hands that other people look to for information. The information we're getting is troubling and Nintendo should be working to assuage some of the concerns.

    If they were better at messaging I'd be more concerned that their lack of a message means they don't have a fix. But since they are all weird about messaging anyway who knows?

    Austin on Waypoint said he played zelda for like 9 hours and had no problems and at hour 10 had constant sync issues. Makes me wonder if it's a battery life signal power thing. Certainly sounds like it should be fixable. But maybe they haven't figured out the best fix yet and are waiting to announce when they do. We identified a problem, we fixed it kinda thing. "looking into it" is good for now I suppose but with launch so close it is worrying.

    No, they don't have to acknowledge it if it's already fixed in the day one update. The console has not been released yet. It's not public-facing yet. Once the public start having problems with their controllers, then they need to comment on it.

    I swear this has happened multiple times in the past, and not just to Nintendo. "Several people got their hands on a PSP a month early, and the screen is really dim!" or something. I don't have a specific example, because these things always blow over, because they're fixed at launch and the world forgets about them. Partly because the company doesn't acknowledge them, because they don't need to, since it's pre-release hardware.

    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    Spoit
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Can we talk about all the moneyhats in that presentation? Because holy geez, SO MANY exclusives/timed exclusives/exclusive content.

    ...I think we can conclusively put that "Nintendo doesn't work with third parties" meme to bed.

    I thought the same thing. But when you thing about it, the amount of money you'd have to drop on a AAA developer to get a single timed exclusive could easily be split up and distributed to dozens of indie games.

    For example, say Nintendo has a $500k budget for exclusive stuff (I know, a drop in the bucket). Instead of handing it all over to EA or Activision for some exclusive content/features, they could cut that up into $50k chunks to give out to 10 indie companies (or $10k for 50). That amount of money is HUGE to a small development team.

    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
    cloudeagle
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I think it's a really minor thing I said that a lot of people are getting very upset about! I was just saying stating concretely that all those games will be exactly the same as they are other places isn't something we know yet!

    I think your third paragraph there is an absolutely agreeable statement and much more reasonable than "Not compromised in any way"

    But you know exactly what I meant. My whole post was couched in the difference between the compromise required on 3DS vs. what will be required on the Switch. It's disingenuous to read that as "100% of all games developed by any entity classified as an independent developer will run 100% identically to the way they run on other platforms, end of discussion."

    They don't have to compromise like they did on 3DS. That's all I was saying, and the "well actually" was not required.

    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • urahonkyurahonky Dayton, OHRegistered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    I mean, it's Polygon Ben Kuchera.

    Fixed.

    Anyhoo, I'm kinda disappointed that (unless I missed it) the new River City Ransom game won't be on the Switch.

    Wait there's a new River City Ransom!?

  • -Abel--Abel- Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    So I just called Best Buy Canada, and They did confirm to me that my Switch will *ship* on March 3rd. Best Buy does not ship products before release date.

    Pretty annoyed, since it ships on a friday, 99% sure I wont' see it until Tuesday at the earliest.. It isn't the end of the world, but pretty annoyed.

    If you're in Toronto you might still get it Friday. I pre-ordered most of my Wii U games at Bestbuy.ca and even though they don't ship until the release date about 80% of the time I still get them that day.

  • SeidkonaSeidkona Goddess with a blade Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Nintendo absolutely should come out and say something about the Joycon issue because the moment there are press reports about it. . . that's as public facing as you get.

    Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    SniperGuyFremKoopahTroopahDidgeridooMolybdenumAbsoluteZeroBRIAN BLESSEDDarkewolfeShadowfiredarunia106Ivan HungerVenture IndustryDarth_Mogs
  • urahonkyurahonky Dayton, OHRegistered User regular
    I'm not going to worry about the joycon issue until it's in my hands and there's no fix.

    Gennenalyse RuebenWraithvergeBrainiac 8KoopahTroopahMNC DoverImperfectDonnictonSageinaRageMolybdenumBRIAN BLESSEDdarunia106Venture Industry
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I think it's a really minor thing I said that a lot of people are getting very upset about! I was just saying stating concretely that all those games will be exactly the same as they are other places isn't something we know yet!

    I think your third paragraph there is an absolutely agreeable statement and much more reasonable than "Not compromised in any way"

    But you know exactly what I meant. My whole post was couched in the difference between the compromise required on 3DS vs. what will be required on the Switch. It's disingenuous to read that as "100% of all games developed by any entity classified as an independent developer will run 100% identically to the way they run on other platforms, end of discussion."

    They don't have to compromise like they did on 3DS. That's all I was saying, and the "well actually" was not required.

    I'm not being disingenuous and frankly I think this is a bit goosey. You stated something as fact, I pointed out it isn't actually fact yet, based on the only knowledge we have being an announcement of a game title. Apparently we have more info for some games, which is great. Doesn't mean everything will be just as good or better than the PC version or whatever. Which is all I was saying! Again, this is not a big deal.

    Twitch Streaming W/TH/F and more
    Dohaeris210 on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Sometimes, I make YouTube videos
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Nintendo doesn't need to acknowledge any "joycon thing." As far as they're concerned, the system in the hands of press pre-release is the same as it not being in anyone's hands.

    They don't have to acknowledge any pre-launch issues. It'd be like, "hey internet, in October 2015 when we were working on the Switch, we identified a problem where the central Switch unit would slip out from the joycons and shatter on the floor. Rest assured we are working on a solution to this issue and it will be resolved before launch."

    It wasn't in our hands then, so we didn't need to know...and it's not in our hands now.

    Except they sent it to press people for the express purpose of the press people talking about it and sharing that information with the world.

    So yes, they do need to acknowledge it. It is in people's hands that other people look to for information. The information we're getting is troubling and Nintendo should be working to assuage some of the concerns.

    If they were better at messaging I'd be more concerned that their lack of a message means they don't have a fix. But since they are all weird about messaging anyway who knows?

    Austin on Waypoint said he played zelda for like 9 hours and had no problems and at hour 10 had constant sync issues. Makes me wonder if it's a battery life signal power thing. Certainly sounds like it should be fixable. But maybe they haven't figured out the best fix yet and are waiting to announce when they do. We identified a problem, we fixed it kinda thing. "looking into it" is good for now I suppose but with launch so close it is worrying.

    No, they don't have to acknowledge it if it's already fixed in the day one update. The console has not been released yet. It's not public-facing yet. Once the public start having problems with their controllers, then they need to comment on it.

    I swear this has happened multiple times in the past, and not just to Nintendo. "Several people got their hands on a PSP a month early, and the screen is really dim!" or something. I don't have a specific example, because these things always blow over, because they're fixed at launch and the world forgets about them. Partly because the company doesn't acknowledge them, because they don't need to, since it's pre-release hardware.

    They don't have to but they certainly should say "hey that's a problem, but we fixed it already"

    The fact that they haven't said that easy to say thing means they're either terrible at messaging (Which is true) or they haven't actually fixed it. Which might also be true.

    These issues are not always fixed at launch such as the poor battery in the PS4 controller that was improved in a later revision. It isn't pre-release hardware, it is the same hardware you'll get just without the day one patch. If would absolutely be in their best interest to say that the issue is fixed in the day one patch.

    Giving it to the press is for the express purpose of showing it off to the public in as many places as possible. It is advertising. For them to have a problem like this and not want to correct it is worrying! It would be more worrying if Nintendo didn't suck so badly at messaging.

    Twitch Streaming W/TH/F and more
    Dohaeris210 on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Sometimes, I make YouTube videos
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    I mean, it's Polygon Ben Kuchera.

    Fixed.

    Anyhoo, I'm kinda disappointed that (unless I missed it) the new River City Ransom game won't be on the Switch.

    Wait there's a new River City Ransom!?

    Yes, indeed. Came out yesterday.

    PA Fitocracy Group: Join us to try & be healthier so we can all game for many years to come.
    Sometimes I stream but not often!.
  • WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    I wish I could shout it from the rooftops regarding Best Buy Canada and preorders but they never get them out on time (unless you are lucky enough to be CLOSE to the distribution point). I'm 2 hours from Mississauga and you can be sure it will find its way to Nunavut over the course of a week before coming to my mailbox. Bad combo of Canada Post and Best Buy :biggrin:

    3DS Friend Code: 4725 7947 2964
    PSN ID: Wraithverge
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    vamen wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    I mean, it's Polygon Ben Kuchera.

    Fixed.

    Anyhoo, I'm kinda disappointed that (unless I missed it) the new River City Ransom game won't be on the Switch.

    Wait there's a new River City Ransom!?

    Yes, indeed. Came out yesterday.

    is it any good tho? new double dragon stank on ice....

    mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Edit: *fart noise*

    cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    So I just called Best Buy Canada, and They did confirm to me that my Switch will *ship* on March 3rd. Best Buy does not ship products before release date.

    Pretty annoyed, since it ships on a friday, 99% sure I wont' see it until Tuesday at the earliest.. It isn't the end of the world, but pretty annoyed.

    Odd. My order says "Get it by Thursday, March 2nd". Though if that's the case, it needs to ship today.

    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I'm not being disingenuous and frankly I think this is a bit goosey. You stated something as fact, I pointed out it isn't actually fact yet, based on the only knowledge we have being an announcement of a game title. Apparently we have more info for some games, which is great. Doesn't mean everything will be just as good or better than the PC version or whatever. Which is all I was saying! Again, this is not a big deal.

    Man I didn't state anything "as fact." This was just a casual conversation, not a scientific dissertation on the strengths and weaknesses of the system. As you put it, it wasn't a big deal.

    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    -Abel- wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »
    So I just called Best Buy Canada, and They did confirm to me that my Switch will *ship* on March 3rd. Best Buy does not ship products before release date.

    Pretty annoyed, since it ships on a friday, 99% sure I wont' see it until Tuesday at the earliest.. It isn't the end of the world, but pretty annoyed.

    If you're in Toronto you might still get it Friday. I pre-ordered most of my Wii U games at Bestbuy.ca and even though they don't ship until the release date about 80% of the time I still get them that day.

    I... do not live near the center of the universe :wink:

    I'm actually hoping they ship some units from a BC warehouse. If mine comes from there there's a chance I get it on Monday.

    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Zython wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »
    So I just called Best Buy Canada, and They did confirm to me that my Switch will *ship* on March 3rd. Best Buy does not ship products before release date.

    Pretty annoyed, since it ships on a friday, 99% sure I wont' see it until Tuesday at the earliest.. It isn't the end of the world, but pretty annoyed.

    Odd. My order says "Get it by Thursday, March 2nd". Though if that's the case, it needs to ship today.

    could be a Best Buy Canada thing

    I preordered mine from Best Buy US and the order says "get it by march 3"

    Shorty on
    Tube wrote: »
    I was legit hoping that Shorty was somehow mistaken and the world wasn't that fucked
    FaranguKoopahTroopah
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    I mean, it's Polygon Ben Kuchera.

    Fixed.

    Anyhoo, I'm kinda disappointed that (unless I missed it) the new River City Ransom game won't be on the Switch.

    Wait there's a new River City Ransom!?

    Yes, indeed. Came out yesterday.

    is it any good tho? new double dragon stank on ice....

    Supposedly! I have been hearing high praise from friends who grabbed it. And I read some good praise in the thread someone made for it earlier.

    vamen on
    PA Fitocracy Group: Join us to try & be healthier so we can all game for many years to come.
    Sometimes I stream but not often!.
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Zython wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »
    So I just called Best Buy Canada, and They did confirm to me that my Switch will *ship* on March 3rd. Best Buy does not ship products before release date.

    Pretty annoyed, since it ships on a friday, 99% sure I wont' see it until Tuesday at the earliest.. It isn't the end of the world, but pretty annoyed.

    Odd. My order says "Get it by Thursday, March 2nd". Though if that's the case, it needs to ship today.

    could be a Best Buy Canada thing

    I preordered mine from Best Buy US and the orders says "get it by march 3"

    Well that will teach them to be Canadian.

    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    Molybdenum
  • KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    I've been unimpressed with everything surrounding the Switch. Price, lack of interesting 1st party games, lack of monster hunter, no VC, no account information and so on.

    But holy frog cakes, that indie presentation fantastic! I'll buy 80% of those games. And the fact that they are all portable makes me love the idea of the Switch again.

    Molybdenum
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Best Buy actually shipped my Pro Controller today, but it's just the controller.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Zython wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »
    So I just called Best Buy Canada, and They did confirm to me that my Switch will *ship* on March 3rd. Best Buy does not ship products before release date.

    Pretty annoyed, since it ships on a friday, 99% sure I wont' see it until Tuesday at the earliest.. It isn't the end of the world, but pretty annoyed.

    Odd. My order says "Get it by Thursday, March 2nd". Though if that's the case, it needs to ship today.

    could be a Best Buy Canada thing

    I preordered mine from Best Buy US and the orders says "get it by march 3"

    So I literally just looked at my order, and while as of 2 hours ago it had the same placeholder "get it by March 31" as it did since the pre-order day, now it says "get it as early as March 3"

    I mean if it ships March 3 I'm not getting it March 3. They haven't even taken my money yet so it's not coming by friday.

    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I'm not being disingenuous and frankly I think this is a bit goosey. You stated something as fact, I pointed out it isn't actually fact yet, based on the only knowledge we have being an announcement of a game title. Apparently we have more info for some games, which is great. Doesn't mean everything will be just as good or better than the PC version or whatever. Which is all I was saying! Again, this is not a big deal.

    Man I didn't state anything "as fact." This was just a casual conversation, not a scientific dissertation on the strengths and weaknesses of the system. As you put it, it wasn't a big deal.

    I mean you did. You stated
    Also not compromised in any way, unlike some of the 3DS versions of games.
    I pointed out we don't actually know that for certain and people jumped down my throat.

    That's apparently not what you meant though so I guess whoops?

    Anyway, I hope the indie scene flourishes on this thing. Would love to see Nintendo get more of that stuff and hopefully it'll influence them to have better online services overall. Seems promising so far even if the list of titles isn't a draw for me personally.

    Twitch Streaming W/TH/F and more
    Dohaeris210 on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Sometimes, I make YouTube videos
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I don't even know what to say about this:
    http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/28/14726580/nintendo-switch-launch-not-finished
    How bad is it? Nintendo may be releasing a system with controllers that don’t function properly. We’re all hoping the connectivity issues with the left Joy-Con can be fixed via the day-one patch that also adds all online support, but Nintendo has yet to admit there’s a problem, much less promise a solution.

    This could be a short-term issue that patched consoles will never experience, but why not say so? The radio silence on a widely reported defect that we can only hope is the software and the not the hardware is baffling. We’re just a few days away from launch; if this is a hardware problem that can’t easily be solved with a patch, does Nintendo have a plan ready for replacing defective controllers?

    Dude, it's one thing to bitch, but this is a flat out lie. Nintendo has acknowledged the issue and confirmed it will be patched before launch.... Like, what is this article even?

    jumping on the fake news train i guess.

    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Raybies666Raybies666 A bedroom in IrelandRegistered User regular
    Rogue Trooper has me being quite excited. That era of 2000ad hits me right in the nostalgia sacs.

    I was always disappointed I didn't get it on Wii. It was a decent game on PS2 (elevated by the source material), and the idea of Resident evil 4 style Wii version looked good but I just never got around to it.

    Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

    I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    Zython wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »
    So I just called Best Buy Canada, and They did confirm to me that my Switch will *ship* on March 3rd. Best Buy does not ship products before release date.

    Pretty annoyed, since it ships on a friday, 99% sure I wont' see it until Tuesday at the earliest.. It isn't the end of the world, but pretty annoyed.

    Odd. My order says "Get it by Thursday, March 2nd". Though if that's the case, it needs to ship today.

    could be a Best Buy Canada thing

    I preordered mine from Best Buy US and the orders says "get it by march 3"

    So I literally just looked at my order, and while as of 2 hours ago it had the same placeholder "get it by March 31" as it did since the pre-order day, now it says "get it as early as March 3"

    I mean if it ships March 3 I'm not getting it March 3. They haven't even taken my money yet so it's not coming by friday.

    that sucks

    they took my money Sunday night

    Tube wrote: »
    I was legit hoping that Shorty was somehow mistaken and the world wasn't that fucked
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Ok I've already got the game preordered but this further sold me on Disgaea 5. I was a little hesitant because I heard how weird it is but this sounds great.


    Holy crap... I'm probably gonna have to get that. Although I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to dedicate to that rabbit hole.

    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    Hex TCG: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Thinking of grabbing one of these for charging on the go:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019Z7RVK0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=D0VW2PYQAWHL&coliid=I2NVNSWOWJ2W56
    Will it be able to put out the juice required to charge the Switch?

    It should be able to. I actually have that charger in my work backpack if you want to hold off and wait for me to test it. AFAIK portable mode only needs 5V/2.4A and that one can do 5V/3A on the USB-C port and 5V/2.4A on the USB-A ones (so you could use a A to C cable as well).

    Apparently not?

    Let me know for sure when you get it @Naphtali.

    Xbox 360/One Gamertag: SpanWolf - PS3/PS4 Gamertag: Span_Wolf
    3DS: Span_Wolf - 4854-6434-9883/WiiU:Span_Wolf
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/ - Origin: Span_Wolf
  • urahonkyurahonky Dayton, OHRegistered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »
    Ok I've already got the game preordered but this further sold me on Disgaea 5. I was a little hesitant because I heard how weird it is but this sounds great.


    Holy crap... I'm probably gonna have to get that. Although I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to dedicate to that rabbit hole.

    You can avoid the rabbit holes if you wish. But it's so very satisfying to do everything.

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Ok I've already got the game preordered but this further sold me on Disgaea 5. I was a little hesitant because I heard how weird it is but this sounds great.


    I mean...I beat it on the PS4 and did a majority of the post-game content?

    And I'm looking forward to the Switch version of this more than I am looking forward to Zelda.

    And I'm a huge Zelda fan.

    Let that sink in.

    Drez on
    ForceVoidNitsuaeelektrik
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    Zython wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »
    So I just called Best Buy Canada, and They did confirm to me that my Switch will *ship* on March 3rd. Best Buy does not ship products before release date.

    Pretty annoyed, since it ships on a friday, 99% sure I wont' see it until Tuesday at the earliest.. It isn't the end of the world, but pretty annoyed.

    Odd. My order says "Get it by Thursday, March 2nd". Though if that's the case, it needs to ship today.

    could be a Best Buy Canada thing

    I preordered mine from Best Buy US and the orders says "get it by march 3"

    So I literally just looked at my order, and while as of 2 hours ago it had the same placeholder "get it by March 31" as it did since the pre-order day, now it says "get it as early as March 3"

    I mean if it ships March 3 I'm not getting it March 3. They haven't even taken my money yet so it's not coming by friday.

    that sucks

    they took my money Sunday night

    I paid via paypal, wondering if that's why the difference. My paypal account still has the hold on the money, the transaction just hasn't actually processed yet.

    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • KyanilisKyanilis Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I mean you did. You stated
    Also not compromised in any way, unlike some of the 3DS versions of games.
    I pointed out we don't actually know that for certain and people jumped down my throat.

    Okay, I'll be the one to say it. We do know that for certain. None of the indie game ports announced so far will be compromised. Will indie games in the future possibly be "lesser" on the Switch? It's possible, sure, so this isn't a global statement, but so far what we do know is that Shovel Knight will be Shovel Knight, Stardew will be Stardew, etc.

    How do we know this you're probably asking?

    A) We know the hardware is capable enough for the games announced so far. There's no reason to assume it has to be a "lesser version".

    B) These games have been announced....as these games! (IE, we're not getting Shovel Knight: Switch Edition) There has been nothing ambiguous in their wording. Typically, if they were removing features from a game they would say it somewhere or at least skirt around an issue. Instead we're getting games where the Switch version will have features FIRST, examples: Stardew Valley with multiplayer. I'm also pretty sure Shovel Knight's expansion is launching first on Switch to make that launch date.

    At this point, we should absolutely assume that the Switch versions of these games will be on par with the versions launched everywhere else. I get that you want to be the skeptic here but you have nothing to even suggest what you're saying, but everything suggests that it will be the same version as everywhere else, so why are you pushing your point so hard?

  • WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I mean you did. You stated
    Also not compromised in any way, unlike some of the 3DS versions of games.
    I pointed out we don't actually know that for certain and people jumped down my throat.
    We do know that for certain.

    I do not think this means what you think it means.

    3DS Friend Code: 4725 7947 2964
    PSN ID: Wraithverge
    wunderbarNitsuaIvan Hunger
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Goddess with a blade Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I mean you did. You stated
    Also not compromised in any way, unlike some of the 3DS versions of games.
    I pointed out we don't actually know that for certain and people jumped down my throat.
    We do know that for certain.

    I do not think this means what you think it means.

    I do not buy that that whole list of indie games is announced and that all of the developers are in on some conspiracy to release lower tier "switch" ports all while not saying a word about a degradation in experience.

    Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    KyanilisurahonkyGennenalyse Rueben
This discussion has been closed.