As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Transfomers: Rise of the Beast Trailer #2 is out

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Faaaart!

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Faaaart!

This is allegedly the status quo change that Mairghread Scott declined to take "Till All Are One" in, so that's great.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Well, at least Lost Light continues to be good.

But seriously, I wish they'd stop this.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I bought Trypticon.

He is my son now. He is a good boy

• Options
    I bought Trypticon.

He eats heads!! Heads that turn into little people!!

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I bought Trypticon.

He eats heads!! Heads that turn into little people!!

But don't we all, when you really think about it?

• Options
    Some more prototype toy reveals here: http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=32441&pic=Hascon+2017+-+VIP+Dinner+And+Hall+of+Fame+Event+Report+28.jpg&dispsize=600&start=27&sl=

Moonracer, the Terrorcons and Optimus Primal (Looks like they're going for Primal being the smaller bot and Optimal Optimus being the combined form)

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Yeah, this evolutions concept for the leaders is interesting.

Speaking of Trypticon, I think I need to contact Hasbro about replacing my chestplate. Mine was severely warped and would not stay closed. I tried straightening it using a hot water bath, but it still won't stay closed when there is weight on it -- IE when the dude is acting as his chestplate.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Loving the Optimal Optimus prototype so far.

I've been fighting myself to not get the third party figure, so this figure is welcome news

EDIT: Here's a better pic btw

68Uxqum.jpg?1

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Prototype Volcanicus:

DSC02592a.jpg

DSC02596.jpg

Just.. don't look at him from behind.

DSC02597.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I feel like Sludge's head should be able to fold down.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    It looked pretty cool until we got to the back pics.
    Chances that it'll come with some kind of cape or something to hide that motley assortment of kibble and bits?

• Options
    I suspect it is horribly mistransformed too.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I'd probably make Sludge an arm and Snarl a leg.

• Options
    Yuck.

It looks like it has the Combiner Wars Optimus Maximus squat hips.

On the plus side it looks like Grimllock doesn't have hollow legs like I had originally thought.

With regards to Sludge's head, it really does look like it should fold up, given the neck area beneath the head is hollow.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Does it make me a bad person that I kinda want this:
    Hasbro-Fidget-Its-Transformers-Bumblebee-Fidget-Cube-002.jpg

Especially when I own a legit Fidget Cube already (along with a knockoff fidget cube my mother surprised me with before finding it I already had a real one)

• Options
    That looks like a VERY evil Bumblebee.

I saw DC-branded fidget cubes a week or so ago, so this shouldn't surprise me. Hasbro didn't know a fad it wouldn't chase.

• Options
    Decided to grab some Prime/RiD toys to fill out my eventual ladybot shelf, so I got a deluxe Airachnid off of ebay and holy shit this toy sucks. She is tiny and has maybe the worst articulation I've seen since G1. My legends class Bumblebee and Cosmos have way better articulation than her.

Just bleh.

• Options
    New TF cartoon got it's first reveal

transformers-cyberverse-first-look-1038343.jpg
    “Bumblebee is on a critical mission where lives are at stake! Only, he can’t remember what it is? It’s a good thing his best friend Windblade has found him to help repair his damaged memory chips. With each recovered memory, Bumblebee rediscovers his past adventures on Cybertron before coming to Earth. He relives fun moments when he played Cybertronian sports with his friends, and even tragic ones that would change his life. His past will shape him into becoming the hero we know today."

"As each memory is repaired, another clue comes to light that will lead them both to complete their shared mission to save their friends and Earth… however, the Decepticons are hot on their heels and time is running out.”

http://comicbook.com/2017/10/14/transformers-cyberverse-animated-first-look/

Interesting that it seems they're making Windblade a major character.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Huh... is this Aligned?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    New TF cartoon got it's first reveal

transformers-cyberverse-first-look-1038343.jpg
    “Bumblebee is on a critical mission where lives are at stake! Only, he can’t remember what it is? It’s a good thing his best friend Windblade has found him to help repair his damaged memory chips. With each recovered memory, Bumblebee rediscovers his past adventures on Cybertron before coming to Earth. He relives fun moments when he played Cybertronian sports with his friends, and even tragic ones that would change his life. His past will shape him into becoming the hero we know today."

"As each memory is repaired, another clue comes to light that will lead them both to complete their shared mission to save their friends and Earth… however, the Decepticons are hot on their heels and time is running out.”

http://comicbook.com/2017/10/14/transformers-cyberverse-animated-first-look/

Interesting that it seems they're making Windblade a major character.
    Thank god the Transformers cartoons have noses now.

That design choice really annoyed me from Animated until now.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Huh... is this Aligned?

I don't believe so.

• Options
    I wish they'd give Windblade a bit of a rest to be honest.

Use Moonracer or Nautica if you want a female lead character.

Of course I kind of feel the same way toward Optimus Prime and Bumblebee.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Holy crap!

Masterpiece%20MP-41%20Dinobot%20Full%20Stock%20Photos%20Revealed%20-%20With%20Size%20Comparisons%20And%20Black%20Magic%2001__scaled_600.jpg

HOLY CRAP!

Masterpiece%20MP-41%20Dinobot%20Full%20Stock%20Photos%20Revealed%20-%20With%20Size%20Comparisons%20And%20Black%20Magic%2002__scaled_600.jpg

HOLY CRAP!

Masterpiece%20MP-41%20Dinobot%20Full%20Stock%20Photos%20Revealed%20-%20With%20Size%20Comparisons%20And%20Black%20Magic%2009__scaled_600.jpg

Price? $250!

Man, part of me wishes I was more into Beast Wars because this line is shaping up incredibly well.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    It's 22400 yen at HLJ which is about 200USD I think.

EDIT:

21,340 yen at Amiami

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-034713

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Interesting, site I saw said 28,000 yen.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Interesting, site I saw said 28,000 yen.

Yeah that's like an msrp thing but sites like HLJ and amiami always have stuff for 20-30% off.

• Options
    That's the RRP. Sites like Amiami usually offer discount.

Granted this price excludes the shipping.

I'm hoping the package weights around the same as MP Shockwave. However considering the size, electronics and display base I'm worried it'll be closer to MP Megatron, which would making the shipping more expensive.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Shit

shit I don't have two hundred bucks for stupid robot animal statues

but those are very good (the robot modes anyway)

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    There appears to be a spooky monster hiding in his backpack

bt8QFup.jpg?1

EDIT:

I think the first thing I'm going to do when I get this figure is reenact this scene

s0Rs7ud.gif

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Hey, so I got my latest batch of TF's, and I finally got all the MP toys I want (for now.)
    RrvNZIp.jpg

Here's my CHUG shelf (Pending new Power of the Primes figures.)
    P1uSOrg.jpg

And here's my misc shelf. (A pair of buds, a pair of lovers, and Windblade just kinda hanging out.)
    wtM9gwW.jpg

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Holy crap!

Masterpiece%20MP-41%20Dinobot%20Full%20Stock%20Photos%20Revealed%20-%20With%20Size%20Comparisons%20And%20Black%20Magic%2001__scaled_600.jpg

HOLY CRAP!

Masterpiece%20MP-41%20Dinobot%20Full%20Stock%20Photos%20Revealed%20-%20With%20Size%20Comparisons%20And%20Black%20Magic%2002__scaled_600.jpg

HOLY CRAP!

Masterpiece%20MP-41%20Dinobot%20Full%20Stock%20Photos%20Revealed%20-%20With%20Size%20Comparisons%20And%20Black%20Magic%2009__scaled_600.jpg

Price? $250!

Man, part of me wishes I was more into Beast Wars because this line is shaping up incredibly well.

BY THE MATRIX! I NEED THAT DINOBOT!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Apparently there are Transformers/Street Fighter II crossover figures in the works.

DPIsQjnVoAA_t5Z.jpg

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    *wanders in*

Hey... does anyone here have any experience with aftermarket upgrades for Combiner Wars figs?

Given that the Power of the Primes commanders are getting much better hands/feet, I really kinda sorta want to look into upgrade options. The Perfect Effect stuff is going to be harder to find now, but if there are other brands out there worth hunting down it would be nice.

Also, I have a friend with a 3D printer, so if there's any good designs out there for free I'd gladly hop on those.

• Options
    Transformers 6 is no longer scheduled and it sounds like Hasbo/Paramount are going to be rebooting the whole kit'n'kaboodle.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/02/16/transformers-cinematic-universe-current-movie-series-rebooted-358641

• Options
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Transformers 6 is no longer scheduled and it sounds like Hasbo/Paramount are going to be rebooting the whole kit'n'kaboodle.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/02/16/transformers-cinematic-universe-current-movie-series-rebooted-358641

Oh good maybe I can finally watch one.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    As I was scrolling through the thread a passing glance of that first Dino Bot picture made me think it was a still from the actual show.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Things to avoid in a reboot:

Racism
    Sexism
    Incoherence
    Psychotic Optimus