As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Transfomers: Rise of the Beast Trailer #2 is out

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The first MP I have never ever wanted

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Fuck I hope Hasbro and Paramount go full retcon with the future movies, and give us a G1 Jazz that doesn't fucking die

Also when the fuck is MP Hound being released?

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Fuck I hope Hasbro and Paramount go full retcon with the future movies, and give us a G1 Jazz that doesn't fucking die

Thats the plan iirc. Bumblebee was designed so that if it didnt do well it was juat a prequel.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular

Thats the plan iirc. Bumblebee was designed so that if it didnt do well it was juat a prequel.

One of the producers is pretty adamant about Bumblebee still being part of the Bay movies, despite all the inconsistencies. Like the designs on Cybertron, or the fact that the Autobots were on Earth 20 years before the 2007 movie.

Basically what I'm saying is they need to ignore guys like this and go full reboot moving forward.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Every single Transformers movie has a new set of Transformers being on (or around) Earth prior to 2007.

• Options
    Every single Transformers movie has a new set of Transformers being on (or around) Earth prior to 2007.

They were part of the underground rail road which just fuck whoever wrote that

• Options
    All the more reason to distance themselves from this inconsistent bullshit

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

I thought it was the opposite: Made as a prequel first, but if successful, used as the kickoff for a reboot.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

What

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »

What

KJ892J1.jpg
    TF Wiki wrote:
    Hearts of Steel is a comic miniseries published by IDW Publishing in 2006. It was the first and only story in IDW's The Transformers: Evolutions series. It is set in an alternate Generation 1 continuity in which the Transformers' first contact with humanity is in the late 19th century, rather than the 20th.

The story opens with the Transformers engaged in a battle on Ice Age Earth, and having adopted bizarre animal alternate forms as a result. When the climate cools, both sides retreat underground and enter a period of stasis, not awakening until the 19th Century. Soon both sides are making alliances with humans and utilizing the technology of the age to continue their war, with the Decepticons attempting to reach an electrical generating station in New York City to fuel their war machine. John Henry and Mark Twain, along with other historical figures, play prominent roles in the book.

• Options

What

So from the fifth movie here's the backstory I gathered. the transformers were King arthur. They made a secret society valled the Witwickians( fun fact nobody has ever cared what Spikes last name was but its a major plot point now even though he hasnt been in the franchise for 2 movies) transformers have come to earth over history on secret to help humans and one time apparently it was to emancipate slaves.

Even though with their tech they could have ended slavery in a way more direct manner and still be hidden but forget about that because baysplosions

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Ugh

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

What

So from the fifth movie here's the backstory I gathered. the transformers were King arthur. They made a secret society valled the Witwickians( fun fact nobody has ever cared what Spikes last name was but its a major plot point now even though he hasnt been in the franchise for 2 movies) transformers have come to earth over history on secret to help humans and one time apparently it was to emancipate slaves.

Even though with their tech they could have ended slavery in a way more direct manner and still be hidden but forget about that because baysplosions

You forgot about the part where super advanced intelligent robots capable of traveling through space entrusted the only defense against their deity to a man riding a horse.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    The Last Knight is a really, really stupid movie.

• Options
    Every modern transformer movie is dumb. That's fine. Transformers is dumb at its core.

The Bay ones simply stopped respecting the audiences intelligence midway through 1.

• Options
    Every modern transformer movie is dumb. That's fine. Transformers is dumb at its core.

The Bay ones simply stopped respecting the audiences intelligence midway through 1.

About the time Bumblebee pees on a dude, right?

• Options

About the time Bumblebee pees on a dude, right?

Yes.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I will never ever want the Bayformer toys, because they are needlessly ugly and messy as hell.

Rich Evans put it best "The robots all look like a junkyard explosion."

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I will never ever want the Bayformer toys, because they are needlessly ugly and messy as hell.

"But the old designs wont look good in 3D ! "Said people who owned three dimensional figures of the old designs

• Options
    It's a shame the designs suck, because those look like some good ass toys of those designs.

• Options
    It's a shame the designs suck, because those look like some good ass toys of those designs.

MP have been really awesome since they decoded to make them fun to play with in addition to looking neat.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

The best toys from the movie lines were characters that weren't even in the film.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Skyhammer is awesome.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

So they objected to a system that they could have ended single handedly

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings... eventually.
    Yeah, that seems kind of off brand. It's almost like injecting giant heroic robots into past circumstances is a bad idea.

• Options

Yeah Optimus Prime might have had some moral issue on interfering but not for long especially given people were risking their lives to help slave escapes

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

What

Spike wasn't in any of the movies; they went with Sam.

Because Spike, Buster, and Butch (plus their dad, Sparkplug) weren't enough audience surrogates with that surname.

Yeah Optimus Prime might have had some moral issue on interfering but not for long especially given people were risking their lives to help slave escapes

Optimus wasn't around in that story... on two levels, really, but that's spoiler territory.

I haven't read it in forever, but I don't remember the Underground Railroad playing much of a part, if any.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Did the underground railroad exist past the Civil War? Because I think Hearts of Steel took place in the 1870's or thereabouts.

• Options
    Im talking about the movie not the comic.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    And MP Bumblebee 2.0

XGDhHHc.jpg?1

Really like the direction they're going with the effect parts

Just wish they hadn't raised the prices

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Mp hound in the back there.

• Options
    edited February 2019

Oh schniz! Probably means Silverbolt is coming!

Edit- I guess my tax return is going to Megs and Dinobot. I want all MP beast wars

King Riptor on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Wow, I wouldn't have expected that.

• Options
    Thought I might drop this here in case anyone is interested in "potentially" getting a neat IDW inspired Fort Max figure

http://www.planetsteelexpress.com/R50token/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXzzK2oLlFs

I personally don't like participating in crowd funding projects, as I'm always afraid that the people running them will just run away with my money.

I only decided to do it here because the exclusive faces for backers look neat.

If it weren't for those exclusive faces, I probably would have waited for reviews.

In other news, I've been reading through the Optimus Prime series and it fucking sucks.

It's just one world ending event after another, the characters suck, the the human invasion arc was concentrated cringe (Action man wanting to fuck Arcee), and the title character himself is just...boring. He used to be super interesting in previous IDW books (e.g. in chaos theory, or when he had a fucking satellite dropped on Megatron) but now he's just regulated to being the water cooler topic for every other character in the book.

More than Meets the Eye/Lost Light were good because of James Roberts, but with him no longer writing Transformers books I have to worry about the quality of the new universe of books IDW are making.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    And MP Bumblebee 2.0

XGDhHHc.jpg?1

Kid me never would have guessed that the reason I stopped buying transformers as a grew up well into adulthood wasn't because I just grew out of toys, it was because I couldn't fucking afford any.

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »
    And MP Bumblebee 2.0

XGDhHHc.jpg?1

Kid me never would have guessed that the reason I stopped buying transformers as a grew up well into adulthood wasn't because I just grew out of toys, it was because I couldn't fucking afford any.

Hasbro could probably bring these over as mostly plastic for 60 bucks but they just ignore them unless you want the 80th Optimus remold every couple years.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I thought modern MPs already were mostly plastic?

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    I thought modern MPs already were mostly plastic?

Nah they're generally plastic.
    I forgot.