As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat], how do you make your coffee?

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    my parents have a nespresso

it's surprisingly acceptable

I really enjoy their espresso (the ones in the purple and blue pods); the other coffees vary in tastiness, but are generally too acidic for me to comfortably drink.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2017
    syndalis wrote: »
    people get mad at Keurig, but that shit is the best when you want a cup of coffee in less than a minute and with the right k cups it is totally passable.

Sure a french press or a pourover, or cold brew will produce a better cup, but sometimes you dont have time for that shit.

keurig makes the worst, most environmentally unsustainable, in the shorest amount of time

and pourover takes maybe 5 minutes

i can't abide an argument that there is any occasion in your life in which it depends upon receiving coffee in 30 seconds vs 5 minutes

Vanguard on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    the problem with nespesso is that they put Nestle right in the name

I mean, I'm not conscious enough to actually avoid nestle products, but when you put it out in the open there I'm all 'eeeeeeh'

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    my parents have a nespresso

it's surprisingly acceptable

I really enjoy their espresso (the ones in the purple and blue pods); the other coffees vary in tastiness, but are generally too acidic for me to comfortably drink.

yeah I've only had their espresso

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I could post my opinions on coffee, but I'm only posting doggos to the doggos chat. Them's the breaks, sorry.

• Options
    P10 wrote: »
    i have a nespresso machine but no pods because i just use a french press instead and the pods are expensive

They are $1.10/pod if you order in bulk. It's expensive compared to other methods but less expensive than a coffeeshop, so I'm fine with that.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i exclusively use a keurig, fight me

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    French press clean up isn't even bad if you use the spent grounds as exfoliators for your hands (or other things -- use them in the shower!)

We have a compost bucket

Coffee Grounds make a good air freshener actually

good on ya

I'd like to compost but we just don't have the space

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    people get mad at Keurig, but that shit is the best when you want a cup of coffee in less than a minute and with the right k cups it is totally passable.

Sure a french press or a pourover, or cold brew will produce a better cup, but sometimes you dont have time for that shit.

keurig makes the worst, most environmentally unsustainable, in the shorest amount of time

i can't abide an argument that there is any occasion in your life in which it depends upon receiving coffee in 30 seconds vs 5 minutes

30 sec with no cleanup whatsoever > 5min when you go to bed at midnight from a day of hard work and wake up at 5:15am to catch the 6:00 train.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Gooey wrote: »

you are everything wrong with america

• Options
    Houn wrote: »
    I could post my opinions on coffee, but I'm only posting doggos to the doggos chat. Them's the breaks, sorry.

What about drinking coffee surrounded by dogs? That sounds very cozy.

• Options
    Houn wrote: »

jokes on you, this is the internet

hey everyone look at my cool new dogs!

16298728_10208752433149479_1998691503765251302_n.jpg?oh=73af2c43363542d26d1ab0cc391b82d1&oe=594C1CA6

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    i have a nespresso machine but no pods because i just use a french press instead and the pods are expensive

They are $1.10/pod if you order in bulk. It's expensive compared to other methods but less expensive than a coffeeshop, so I'm fine with that.
    i thought about picking up some pods before i had guests over since using a machine is very fast and convenient but then i didn't
    ~*exciting story*~

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    French press cleanup is pretty simple, yeah. But having a machine that I can load my black coffee into, my wife can do her flavored coffee, and either of us could later use for teas, cocoa, or cider... It's pretty great.

That said, all of those are inferior products to making them the proper way. But depending upon the k-cup some are close enough to where the price and convenience outstrip the decline in quality. Especially if, like me, you don't live somewhere where whole bean coffee is convenient (I usually have to order online or drive 45 minutes to the closest shop that carries more than vacuum pack over-burned crap).

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    we went to a pretty gross lunch buffet and one thing on the menu was like, drink mixins

we were wondering about one called 'sweet heat' and the waitress heard us and said it was real gross and she'd let us try it if we wanted

so she brought an iced tea with sweet heat in it and I paid my coworker $2 to drink the whole thing and now his stomach hurts

and I am very pleased

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

*ahem*

51TkQTJxMoL._SX425_.jpg

That's my opinion on coffee.

Keurig, re-usable cup, whatever delicious beans you like. As the only coffee drinker in my house, this is the perfect solution.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

you are everything wrong with america

i drink exactly 1 cup of coffee each morning

i pop a pod in, hit a button, walk away, and come back to coffee

it's a miracle of modern living

do you hate the internet, too?

919UOwT.png
  • Options

30 sec with no cleanup whatsoever > 5min when you go to bed at midnight from a day of hard work and wake up at 5:15am to catch the 6:00 train.

there's this great thing called multitasking, which might get you home from work before midnight and help you make coffee

you could, for example, boil the water on your way to the bathroom first thing and then pour over the grounds as you hop into the shower

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    We use resuable K Cup with the vacuum sealed Starbucks pre ground drip stuff. All the good of Keurig at a slightly increased cleanup cost.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

what the hell is going on here

was the first part of that real?

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    Got an email from the Bush school that they are reviewing my admissions packet. After looking through their program a couple of weeks ago they edged to the top of my desired graduate programs. Specifically the Master of International Affairs.

• Options
    but i am fine with spending 10 minutes making coffee with a french press since it takes me 2-3 hours from when i wake up to leave for work

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

there's this great thing called multitasking, which might get you home from work before midnight and help you make coffee

you could, for example, boil the water on your way to the bathroom first thing and then pour over the grounds as you hop into the shower

or maybe you, specifically you, who gave me no end of shit for my opinions on toasted bagels could self reflect and realize that people like and value different things

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular

what the hell is going on here

was the first part of that real?

Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZnqBL6iYjA

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I have used all these methods, in addition to Keurig and just manually eating coffee, and I can say that they are all superior to one another.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    In order to finish packing for my trip south, I searched all over my apartment for my 3DS charger cable.

i could not find it!

Turns out it was in the big suitcase I brought to NYC last year (i'm not using it for this trip).

I 3DS often. . _.

• Options

yeah it's actually a peaceful ritual when you get used to it that I find helps give the chemical boost from the coffee a psychological boost to amplify it

basically, for me, anytime I've make things harder for myself it's better in the long run

music software is so much more immediate and accessible, but it's far too easy to mail it in and with hardware I am more present. I like shaving with a safety razor because it forces me to take 15 minutes and ends up being sort of meditative. I always try to make my own stock because the prep is another mindful period and it just smells fucking delicious (and I save scraps going "oh I'll throw this in stock later)

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

or maybe you, specifically you, who gave me no end of shit for my opinions on toasted bagels could self reflect and realize that people like and value different things

nah that's stupid

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    ludious they just declared MS
    This seams like a govvy thing.

I have no idea what that means.

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    I have used all these methods, in addition to Keurig and just manually eating coffee, and I can say that they are all superior to one another.

:lol:

(tbf I do this myself... I usually eat a bean or two when I open a new bag. Good to see how it tastes!)

• Options
    Also, I am a bit razor's edge because it isn't a multitasking problem; it is just a shitload of work that has stormed my life that I am doing real good with at the expense of literally everything else in my life including my health and well-being.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    The biggest problem were have with French Press is if you don't have a grinder all ground stuff to get is too fine.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    A true Renaissance coffee man.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Echo I demand a recount

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I propose we all do butt shots of coffee beans

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    actually i don't drink coffee

or tea

get rekd thread

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Do time codes work with YT embed?

https://youtu.be/C2s0aOhkjmY?t=47

Edit: No they do not. Skip to 47 seconds for how to make coffee.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    Echo I demand a recount
    i switch my vote to cats

This discussion has been closed.