As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MechWarrior/Battletech] The Oosik Irregulars are going to become canon! *EVACUATE THREAD*

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    In regards to the game being in beta and whether or not it will be released as a full game, Harebrained Schemes is not some flash-in-the-pan little group of developers with a great idea and shitty organization and planning where they only do Early Access releases but never finish them.

HBS has people on board that helped make the original Battletech setting, and they've already released multiple quality Shadowrun games (for which they also have some of the people who basically created that setting). It would be pretty hard to find people more interested in capturing the spirit of these universes, or with more personal motivation to see new games released in those settings that aren't total shit.

So the full game getting released is a given, whether you buy it now or later. lf you buy it now, it's just a chunk of the game meant for testing, so there's no reason to get it unless you either just really want to support HBS or really want to try the beta.

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Anyone want to MWO with me?

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Anyone want to MWO with me?

Sorry Magic...in the middle of prepping dinner...but, if you're still on around 10pm or so, I should be able to hop on and join in some stompy bots.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty excited for the new Battletech game! I loved MechCommander 1 & 2 so this is exciting stuff to me.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Pfft mechcommander Johnny come Latelies

The only real battletech game:

btech_002.png

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    I'm pretty excited for the new Battletech game! I loved MechCommander 1 & 2 so this is exciting stuff to me.

Even Mitch was getting a little too excited

https://clips.twitch.tv/EnchantingWrongSwordKappaWealth

if you know what i mean ::eyebrows::

• DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    :D

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I always see people online. But it looks like group requests are very easy to miss.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    I always see people online. But it looks like group requests are very easy to miss.

I think I just missed yours Magic, sorry man.

253J736.png
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    A lot of the time I'm just looking at the mech list seeing which one I want to save up and buy. But with the new tech and me buying the night star all spending is halted for when those things drop. My nightstar is going to be epic.

Sorry @MagicPrime, I got caught up with a few other things and am on a little later than anticipated. Even still...I'm on now and ready for some stompy bots!

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular

Yeah they still haven't bothered to improve their shitty interface...

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »

Yeah they still haven't bothered to improve their shitty interface...

Also sometimes it shows people in game, or even deployed, when they are infact offline. Which you dont know or realize until you try to send them a invite/message, which returns an error about them being offline.

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I have to say, after getting over my initial misgivings about this multi week multi part event, I am enjoying it a lot. I have been getting really good at piloting my Phoenix Hawk, and am averaging over 300 damage a match, with a good match getting 450 and a bad match around 200.

On the other side, the previous Faction Play event only required me to Play 2 games, the next two Faction Play events require 5 scouting matches where I dont get immediately curb stomped (not too onerous) and then to WIN 2 Invasion matches, which is going to be super aggravating if I dont do it entirely among a FRRHUB team.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    In today's BATTLETECH in the Morning, I pose the question again: To Melee, or Not Not To Melee. Yes, we Melee.

Presenting my new ongoing miniseries: Punch Club, Episode 1 - This time, it's tricked-out Atlases

https://youtu.be/7i6xBz7UGQE

In case anyone wants this Atlas build for tabletop games: https://goo.gl/vvn18K

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    I really want to see a bandolier of small lasers around an atlases fist, that fire after its sunk its fist into the enemy mechs torso.

Buttcleft wrote: »
    I really want to see a bandolier of small lasers around an atlases fist, that fire after its sunk its fist into the enemy mechs torso.

For now, my Punch Club videos are going to stick to some semblance of "hardpoints" on the 'Mechs, even as I tweak them to be Melee-friendly. My next planned video is a Hunchback lance with the 9xSL setup.

After that? I have no problem going sillier.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular

Does Battletech have rules for mounting jump jets in the arm for a rocket punch? We need to flex our canon status to make that happen.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    How large can the battles be in the final product? Company/Trinary seems the likely limit, but regiment/cluster size would be baller.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Aren't galaxies the equivalent to regiments, not clusters (I vaguely recall IS unit sizes being lance (4 mechs)-company (3 lances)-battalion (3 companies)-regiment (3 battalions))?

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
    edited June 2017
    IS: Lance (4) - Company (4x3) - Battalion (4x3x3) - Regiment (4x3x3x(3 to 5))
    Clan: Star (5) - Binary (5x2) or Trinary (5x3) - Cluster (3 to 5 Binaries or Trinaries) - Galaxy (3 to 5 Clusters)
    [Variant: Novas (5 Mechs + 5x5 Elementals) - Supernova (2x Nova) or Supernova Trinary (3x Nova) - Cluster and Galaxy as above)]

Nips on
    Aren't galaxies the equivalent to regiments, not clusters (I vaguely recall IS unit sizes being lance (4 mechs)-company (3 lances)-battalion (3 companies)-regiment (3 battalions))?

Because I had my trusty Falcon Guard novel right behind me:

Point - 1 Mech or 5 infantry
    Star - 5 Mechs or 25 infantry
    Binary - 2 Stars
    Trinary - 3 Stars
    Cluster - 4-5 Binaries/Trinaries
    Galaxy - 3-5 Clusters
    Nova - 1 Mech Star and 1 infantry Star
    Supernova - 1 Mech Binary and 2 infantry Stars

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Binary - 2 Stars
    Trinary - 3 Stars
    Galaxy - 3-5 Clusters

Champaign Supernova - Not a song that will get you in the mood for Mech'ing.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    My memory is rusty so I referenced this.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

Binary - 2 Stars
    Trinary - 3 Stars
    Galaxy - 3-5 Clusters

Champaign Supernova - Not a song that will get you in the mood for Mech'ing.

Having spent a year at UIUC, I am imagining a star exploding and leaving a rapidly expanding cloud of corn

5gsowHm.png
    Ugh...had one of the most frustrating nights of Mechwarrioring in a long-ass time. After hopping off from Magic's group (MagicPrime, Wolvesight, MortZA, and a couple others who's names I'm afraid I can't recall), I played a few matches with one of my RL buddies (which was frustrating in its own right...he regularly pilots a LRM80 Supernova)...but then solo queue wasn't any better. All told, in the 2 hours of matches after I left the PA group, I could count the number of wins on one hand of a farm-hand who had run afoul of a combine harvester.

The most aggravating loss was a Conquest on HPG. Basically, our assaults and a couple of heavies decided to push down into Theta....except they didn't push. No, no...they would inch forward, take a shot, get shot at, then stop and step back. Repeat that until three of them died, and nobody on the enemy team had died. So, basically, we lost because the majority of our tonnage refused to actually do what they were trying to do. I mean, I just hope that they learned something from that and my...*ahem*...polite suggestions on what to do if you're trying to push a location (hint: it helps to actually push instead of stopping at the tightest bottleneck). Oh well.

• Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwR_JJW_OCk

PGI can make a decent promo video

sXXjb1B.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Ugh...had one of the most frustrating nights of Mechwarrioring in a long-ass time. After hopping off from Magic's group (MagicPrime, Wolvesight, MortZA, and a couple others who's names I'm afraid I can't recall), I played a few matches with one of my RL buddies (which was frustrating in its own right...he regularly pilots a LRM80 Supernova)...but then solo queue wasn't any better. All told, in the 2 hours of matches after I left the PA group, I could count the number of wins on one hand of a farm-hand who had run afoul of a combine harvester.

The most aggravating loss was a Conquest on HPG. Basically, our assaults and a couple of heavies decided to push down into Theta....except they didn't push. No, no...they would inch forward, take a shot, get shot at, then stop and step back. Repeat that until three of them died, and nobody on the enemy team had died. So, basically, we lost because the majority of our tonnage refused to actually do what they were trying to do. I mean, I just hope that they learned something from that and my...*ahem*...polite suggestions on what to do if you're trying to push a location (hint: it helps to actually push instead of stopping at the tightest bottleneck). Oh well.

No see you have it all wrong. You had a great night after leaving the PA group to get rolled with your friend to complain how painful it was.

Then you had this great match on HPG where the other team's Assaults decided to exchange peeking and poking with a few mechs underneath at Theta. Then your team eventually won that exchange and rolled the rest of their team to victory. It was a glorious match for the ages.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    F11217C55B2D25682D9E2707B8F057E1398639F0

Yes, it is as much fun in Battletech as it is in MWO

Two sta

I'd bet a mountain of dollars that someone from the community made that, not PGI.

Docshifty wrote: »

More importantly: Does it instantly combust when you fire all three PPCs? When you alpha strike?

Nips wrote: »

More importantly: Does it instantly combust when you fire all three PPCs? When you alpha strike?

You tell me

https://youtu.be/UcoTRh9eU6g

• Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    Two sta

I'd bet a mountain of dollars that someone from the community made that, not PGI.

Now you're just being needlessly petty. That's Tina as the dispatcher.

PGI used to do promo videos for upcoming Hero mechs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6YYaGr1JQY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=argHjbXAO64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-5ZZWvXmTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wD1xxYGdsQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXra-OHm-dE

sXXjb1B.png
    The Urbie video just earned a bunch of new customers.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Been having too much fun

16079D130BFB25856E7E5654EED59149BEA4995D

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Been having too much fun

16079D130BFB25856E7E5654EED59149BEA4995D

Hunchcat? Cannonpult? What exactly are you calling that?

I like it.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Been having too much fun

*snip*

Hunchcat? Cannonpault? What exactly are you calling that?

I like it.

That would be the infamous Boomcat.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    How does an armless mech "melee"?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

Kicks, shoulder checks, headbutts...

Mortious wrote: »

Obviously with its nose.