Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[MechWarrior/Battletech] The Oosik Irregulars are going to become canon! *EVACUATE THREAD*

19394959698

Posts

  • nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    New Battletech Q&A is up

    NipsDiplominator
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Literally took all of my free time today, but

    F0A15B1DF2E6E3C05947B95BF3EB7A79B8761EEE

    And yes, the DHS actually have an impact on heat.

    PwH4Ipj.jpg
    H3KnucklesElvenshaeKashaarNipsSpectrumSpoitMegaMekautono-wally, erotibot300Ianator
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    PPC challenge done in one game! Now to wait an hour till I get my rewards.

    EspantaPajaro on
    BetsuniGnome-Interruptus
  • Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Literally took all of my free time today, but

    F0A15B1DF2E6E3C05947B95BF3EB7A79B8761EEE

    And yes, the DHS actually have an impact on heat.

    How do you have a DHS in the head?

    sXXjb1B.png
    H3Knuckles
  • KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Literally took all of my free time today, but

    F0A15B1DF2E6E3C05947B95BF3EB7A79B8761EEE

    And yes, the DHS actually have an impact on heat.

    How do you have a DHS in the head?

    BT does not sanity check slots or tonnage.

    kashaar.pngDev Blog | Twitter | Tumblr | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

    I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
    H3KnucklesMolybdenum
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Kashaar wrote: »
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Literally took all of my free time today, but

    F0A15B1DF2E6E3C05947B95BF3EB7A79B8761EEE

    And yes, the DHS actually have an impact on heat.

    How do you have a DHS in the head?

    BT does not sanity check slots or tonnage.

    Well, not yet, right now they're just basic xml files I assume. I'm sure the mechlab will manage that

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    KashaarH3KnucklesElvenshaeMegaMekIolo
  • KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Kashaar wrote: »
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Literally took all of my free time today, but

    F0A15B1DF2E6E3C05947B95BF3EB7A79B8761EEE

    And yes, the DHS actually have an impact on heat.

    How do you have a DHS in the head?

    BT does not sanity check slots or tonnage.

    Well, not yet, right now they're just basic xml files I assume. I'm sure the mechlab will manage that

    JSON files, but yes.

    kashaar.pngDev Blog | Twitter | Tumblr | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

    I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
    autono-wally, erotibot300
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    PPC challenge done in one game! Now to wait an hour till I get my rewards.

    Yeah, it was a quick one. Played two matches: first one was in my Marauder IIC (2xERPPC, 6xMPL) and got something like 530 or so damage, but wasn't sure how much of that was done by the ERPPC, so... Round 2 was in my Shadow Cat (the usual 2xERPPC build) and racked up 377. That'll do, pig...that'll do.

    | Origin/R*SC/Steam: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum |
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Literally took all of my free time today, but

    F0A15B1DF2E6E3C05947B95BF3EB7A79B8761EEE

    And yes, the DHS actually have an impact on heat.

    How do you have a DHS in the head?

    First it was as simple as changing HeatSink_Basic to HeatSink_Double in a file. And yeah it doesn't check legality, but the files also have the DHS only occupying a single slot so who knows.

    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    good drops tonight, oosiks. That was a lot of fun.

    253J736.png
    SonorkBetsuniMagicPrime
  • DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    So...is there any particular benefit to maxing out the skill tree on multiple variants of the same chassis anymore? I kinda liked that system but also kinda hated it. It would be nice to be able to just pick a variant and stick with it.

  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    Random thoughts of the Battletech beta so far:
    The AC/2 buff is very, very important and it makes Jagermechs scary fucking mechs if you get to sit still with one and light someone up.

    Lack of ammo explosions makes me devalue SRMs and LRMs for that purpose--and this means unfortunate things for the power of backstab double turn Jenners (who are still decent but not potentially busted as they should be). IME SRMs and LRMs are best used when either trying to stack head hits for a pilot kill and/or going for knockdowns but I find you need a lot of missiles to actually get the knockdown. Enough so that I've had issues where I knock a mech down with my entire lance and it just gets up on its next turn before I can do anything. Or I do get to have someone get a turn off and try for a headshot on the downed pilot and whiff anyway.

    LRM only strats take FOREVER to play out even if they're reasonably effective and safe. Jump LRMing/PPC sniping is an okay combo and you can kite mechs around for a long time in ways that force them to open themselves up to back shots.

    Multi shot is garbage. Precision strike is okay but if you play smart/danger close against the AI you never really need it. Evasive is really good, Bulwark is really good, the initiative/unsteady one on reserving is interesting.

    I am actually a little underwhelmed by the AC/20 given how good the AC/2s and AC/10s are but YMMV.

    eUTP6eY.jpg
    MyAnimeList | PAFC Season 2 Champion and Season 3 Champion
    Let's Play/Learn: Ultimate General: Civil War - Union Campaign
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Am I weird for really wanting to see a Hearts of Iron type combined arms game for Battletech? I always loved Aerotech, have always been sad to never see that part of the game in a video game. I am also stupid interested in LAMs (blame Macross/Robotech for that one).

    Also, with Jordan making games on all the old FASA properties, can we get a Red Skies simulator? :) Or Renegade Legion?

    Bigity on
    76561198017303226.png
    Spectrum
  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    Am I weird for really wanting to see a Hearts of Iron type combined arms game for Battletech? I always loved Aerotech, have always been sad to never see that part of the game in a video game. I am also stupid interesting in LAMs (blame Macross/Robotech for that one).

    Also, with Jordan making games on all the old FASA properties, can we get a Red Skies simulator? :) Or Renegade Legion?

    I think we talked about ideas for how to translate it to even just Total War at one point in the idea churn. If we floated that, HoI, sure.

    But in both cases, it's very much more about infantry and tanks and aerospace combined arms than just mechs, so some found that unsatisfying.

    eUTP6eY.jpg
    MyAnimeList | PAFC Season 2 Champion and Season 3 Champion
    Let's Play/Learn: Ultimate General: Civil War - Union Campaign
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    Am I weird for really wanting to see a Hearts of Iron type combined arms game for Battletech? I always loved Aerotech, have always been sad to never see that part of the game in a video game. I am also stupid interested in LAMs (blame Macross/Robotech for that one).

    Also, with Jordan making games on all the old FASA properties, can we get a Red Skies simulator? :) Or Renegade Legion?

    If you're talking Crimson Skies, it might not be what you're exactly after, but the Xbone is going to be opening up original Xbox games for backwards compatibility (the headline game for the announcement was Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge), and Phil Spencer has unofficially said that he's wanting to let Windows 10 play said BackCompat games.

    | Origin/R*SC/Steam: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum |
    BigityMolybdenum
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid I didn't choose the tiki life, the tiki life chose me Inside a bottle of rumRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    So it appears PGI may have finally fixed the issue with the unit roster not correctly identifying players last login.

    If Nips wants to delegate some kicking authority, I will take a hatchet to the roster for anyone that hasnt logged in for the last 9 months.

    Then I will pour one out for our fallen comrades, and by that I mean emty some ammo bins into the vat born.

    Plz don't boot me. I'll prolly return for some drunken build trolling when I get home in a week.

    I'm sure there's something I can shove a hundred machine guns onto.

    TOGSolid on
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    So it appears PGI may have finally fixed the issue with the unit roster not correctly identifying players last login.

    If Nips wants to delegate some kicking authority, I will take a hatchet to the roster for anyone that hasnt logged in for the last 9 months.

    Then I will pour one out for our fallen comrades, and by that I mean emty some ammo bins into the vat born.

    Plz don't boot me. I'll prolly return for some drunken build trolling when I get home in a week.

    I'm sure there's something I can shove a hundred machine guns onto.

    You called?

    http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=299&l=fb822ccb30426ddf9e41010838983eef530fd596

    | Origin/R*SC/Steam: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum |
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Random thoughts of the Battletech beta so far:
    The AC/2 buff is very, very important and it makes Jagermechs scary fucking mechs if you get to sit still with one and light someone up.

    Lack of ammo explosions makes me devalue SRMs and LRMs for that purpose--and this means unfortunate things for the power of backstab double turn Jenners (who are still decent but not potentially busted as they should be). IME SRMs and LRMs are best used when either trying to stack head hits for a pilot kill and/or going for knockdowns but I find you need a lot of missiles to actually get the knockdown. Enough so that I've had issues where I knock a mech down with my entire lance and it just gets up on its next turn before I can do anything. Or I do get to have someone get a turn off and try for a headshot on the downed pilot and whiff anyway.

    LRM only strats take FOREVER to play out even if they're reasonably effective and safe. Jump LRMing/PPC sniping is an okay combo and you can kite mechs around for a long time in ways that force them to open themselves up to back shots.

    Multi shot is garbage. Precision strike is okay but if you play smart/danger close against the AI you never really need it. Evasive is really good, Bulwark is really good, the initiative/unsteady one on reserving is interesting.

    I am actually a little underwhelmed by the AC/20 given how good the AC/2s and AC/10s are but YMMV.

    One thing that confuses me is knocking a mech down doesn't seem to impact it's mobility the next turn much.

    KashaarSpectrumHandgimpIoloTOGSolidXandarElvenshaeMolybdenum
  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Random thoughts of the Battletech beta so far:
    The AC/2 buff is very, very important and it makes Jagermechs scary fucking mechs if you get to sit still with one and light someone up.

    Lack of ammo explosions makes me devalue SRMs and LRMs for that purpose--and this means unfortunate things for the power of backstab double turn Jenners (who are still decent but not potentially busted as they should be). IME SRMs and LRMs are best used when either trying to stack head hits for a pilot kill and/or going for knockdowns but I find you need a lot of missiles to actually get the knockdown. Enough so that I've had issues where I knock a mech down with my entire lance and it just gets up on its next turn before I can do anything. Or I do get to have someone get a turn off and try for a headshot on the downed pilot and whiff anyway.

    LRM only strats take FOREVER to play out even if they're reasonably effective and safe. Jump LRMing/PPC sniping is an okay combo and you can kite mechs around for a long time in ways that force them to open themselves up to back shots.

    Multi shot is garbage. Precision strike is okay but if you play smart/danger close against the AI you never really need it. Evasive is really good, Bulwark is really good, the initiative/unsteady one on reserving is interesting.

    I am actually a little underwhelmed by the AC/20 given how good the AC/2s and AC/10s are but YMMV.

    One thing that confuses me is knocking a mech down doesn't seem to impact it's mobility the next turn much.
    I have found so far that the end of matches can come down to mechs taking turns knocking each other over in melee, then one guy gets up and does it right back to the other mech. 'tis quite silly.

    Also, seriously, Hunches are bullet magnets. I don't think I've gotten more than 3 AC/20 shots off with the damn things before the hunch goes flying off. Definitely more a fan of Centurions for being bullet sponge brawler mechs because they don't become totally useless on losing a torso. (Also the fact that the stock HBK-4G splits the ammo and the gun so losing EITHER torso fucks you, so dumb.)

    Just messed around with an Awesome as my sniper mech instead of a Jagermech, which forced downselecting to a Commando as my light instead of a Jenner. Still worked out fine, the terrain was worse for the Awesome (playing on the Loch), which took its fat ass time maneuvering around on the outside for shots, but the Commando was actually still pretty punchy. The double turn backstab with that thing still has merit for knockdowns at least even if there's no ammo explosion just from all the stability damage of hitting it with 4 SRMs effectively in a single action.

    It's definitely going to be interesting in the campaign trying to balance killing mechs for salvage vs preserving your own. I've not quite managed the perfect run of no side torsos lost yet but this match came pretty close.

    Spectrum on
    eUTP6eY.jpg
    MyAnimeList | PAFC Season 2 Champion and Season 3 Champion
    Let's Play/Learn: Ultimate General: Civil War - Union Campaign
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    So...is there any particular benefit to maxing out the skill tree on multiple variants of the same chassis anymore? I kinda liked that system but also kinda hated it. It would be nice to be able to just pick a variant and stick with it.

    The new Skill Tree system has totally liberated all the mechs, you can now just choose a single mech to master, and dont have to worry about the extra variants for elite skills, nor the other mechs from that weight class for mastery.

    Just choose a mech, and take it as far as your heart desires.

    In other news, had some great games last night scouting out vat born mechs with Padre, Gorn, and Betsuni.
    I think we ended the night with around an 80% win ratio.

    Really need PGI to adjust the win conditions on scouting so that the dropship either cannot come for pickup, or cannot leave, as long as there is an enemy in the LZ. This would ruin the light rush strategy for Scouting, but would make defense less of a crapshoot.

    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    BetsuniElvenshaeH3Knuckles
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    In today's very special BATTLETECH in the Morning: Urbies; Urbies Everywhere.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    BetsuniTOGSolidBasilIoloElvenshaeH3Knuckles
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    So...is there any particular benefit to maxing out the skill tree on multiple variants of the same chassis anymore? I kinda liked that system but also kinda hated it. It would be nice to be able to just pick a variant and stick with it.

    The new Skill Tree system has totally liberated all the mechs, you can now just choose a single mech to master, and dont have to worry about the extra variants for elite skills, nor the other mechs from that weight class for mastery.

    Just choose a mech, and take it as far as your heart desires.

    In other news, had some great games last night scouting out vat born mechs with Padre, Gorn, and Betsuni.
    I think we ended the night with around an 80% win ratio.

    Really need PGI to adjust the win conditions on scouting so that the dropship either cannot come for pickup, or cannot leave, as long as there is an enemy in the LZ. This would ruin the light rush strategy for Scouting, but would make defense less of a crapshoot.

    On another note, hate that you guys dragged my butt in there. But I'm now a 500,000 C-Bills richer because of it.
    Edit: I don't hate you guys, just making fun of the fact that we actually won most of the drops. When I run Scouting during events usually it is a 20% win rate at that time of the day.

    Yeah, the dropship part of Scouting has to be the most annoying. Plus it would be nice if they made the instructions like the internet has done.

    "Attacker" Scouting has to win the match by reaching the LZ and being alive in it at 00:00.

    Dropship will come early if the Defenders gather 11 Intel, or the Attackers (Scouts) gather 10 Intel. It will come at 3:00 regardless of either of those scenarios. If the Attackers manage to kill all the enemy mechs, it'll also trigger the Dropship to come early.

    Defenders will have to look for the green smoke at the following locations:
    Caustic Valley: B5, C2, E2, E5
    Forest Colony: E8, H7, H12, I10/J11
    Grim Plexus: C3, E5, F9, I3
    Polar Highlands: H10, J7, J10, H7(?)
    River City: D5, E8, E2, H7
    Attackers/Scouts you'll see a Blue Flag on the map or on your compass.

    Also Defenders do not "keep" the Intel they gathered, it is to minimize the amount of Intel the Attackers/Scouts gain towards the Invasion rewards.

    Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Gnome-InterruptusNips
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid I didn't choose the tiki life, the tiki life chose me Inside a bottle of rumRegistered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    So it appears PGI may have finally fixed the issue with the unit roster not correctly identifying players last login.

    If Nips wants to delegate some kicking authority, I will take a hatchet to the roster for anyone that hasnt logged in for the last 9 months.

    Then I will pour one out for our fallen comrades, and by that I mean emty some ammo bins into the vat born.

    Plz don't boot me. I'll prolly return for some drunken build trolling when I get home in a week.

    I'm sure there's something I can shove a hundred machine guns onto.

    You called?

    http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=299&l=fb822ccb30426ddf9e41010838983eef530fd596

    This thread gets me <3

  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    So it appears PGI may have finally fixed the issue with the unit roster not correctly identifying players last login.

    If Nips wants to delegate some kicking authority, I will take a hatchet to the roster for anyone that hasnt logged in for the last 9 months.

    Then I will pour one out for our fallen comrades, and by that I mean emty some ammo bins into the vat born.

    Plz don't boot me. I'll prolly return for some drunken build trolling when I get home in a week.

    I'm sure there's something I can shove a hundred machine guns onto.

    You called?

    http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=299&l=fb822ccb30426ddf9e41010838983eef530fd596

    This thread gets me <3

    Or if you dont want to be a filthy Clanner..

    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    TOGSolid
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Bought a riflemen because it looks cool , then I remembered how bad I am with fragile mechs. Oh well.

  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    Bought a riflemen because it looks cool , then I remembered how bad I am with fragile mechs. Oh well.

    Which Rifleman did you buy?

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Bought a riflemen because it looks cool , then I remembered how bad I am with fragile mechs. Oh well.

    Quirked/Skilled for them, from what I've seen on the Youtubes, the -3N is a shotgunning death-machine: Kablammoman

    EDIT - and if you don't want the fragility that comes with an IS XL (ho man...can't wait for the LFEs), you could shave off that 1/2 ton of ammo and trundle along at 54kph with a 200STD engine.

    Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC/Steam: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum |
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    So it appears PGI may have finally fixed the issue with the unit roster not correctly identifying players last login.

    If Nips wants to delegate some kicking authority, I will take a hatchet to the roster for anyone that hasnt logged in for the last 9 months.

    Then I will pour one out for our fallen comrades, and by that I mean emty some ammo bins into the vat born.

    Plz don't boot me. I'll prolly return for some drunken build trolling when I get home in a week.

    I'm sure there's something I can shove a hundred machine guns onto.

    You called?

    http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=299&l=fb822ccb30426ddf9e41010838983eef530fd596

    This thread gets me <3

    Or if you dont want to be a filthy Clanner..

    @TOGSolid

    DWF-W 8xMG 3xERLL

    that's it, I'm shutting this entire forum down, everyone thank buttcleft
    TOGSolid
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    So it appears PGI may have finally fixed the issue with the unit roster not correctly identifying players last login.

    If Nips wants to delegate some kicking authority, I will take a hatchet to the roster for anyone that hasnt logged in for the last 9 months.

    Then I will pour one out for our fallen comrades, and by that I mean emty some ammo bins into the vat born.

    Plz don't boot me. I'll prolly return for some drunken build trolling when I get home in a week.

    I'm sure there's something I can shove a hundred machine guns onto.

    You called?

    http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=299&l=fb822ccb30426ddf9e41010838983eef530fd596

    This thread gets me <3

    Or if you dont want to be a filthy Clanner..

    @TOGSolid

    DWF-W 8xMG 3xERLL

    Note: it'll cost MC (real money) to build this since it uses the Hero variant Dire Wolf omnipods in the arms.

    Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC/Steam: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum |
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    What's with the 'Refire' penalty on AC10s in the last vid?

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I hope they do the Rifleman-IIC, I always liked the Round radar as opposed to the bar.

    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Kay wrote: »
    What's with the 'Refire' penalty on AC10s in the last vid?

    It seems like HBS added a to-hit penalty for Autocannons that increases with each successive turn of fire. Your first shot is without penalty, but the second one takes a +1, then the next takes a +2; I think it caps at that, but I'm not sure.

    It's probably one of their ways to balance out AC's. It's mildly annoying, but I get it.

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »
    What's with the 'Refire' penalty on AC10s in the last vid?

    It seems like HBS added a to-hit penalty for Autocannons that increases with each successive turn of fire. Your first shot is without penalty, but the second one takes a +1, then the next takes a +2; I think it caps at that, but I'm not sure.

    It's probably one of their ways to balance out AC's. It's mildly annoying, but I get it.

    ...Autocannons need balancing? I thought the high weight/low heat thing had that covered.

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    Gnome-Interruptus
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    Nips wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »
    What's with the 'Refire' penalty on AC10s in the last vid?

    It seems like HBS added a to-hit penalty for Autocannons that increases with each successive turn of fire. Your first shot is without penalty, but the second one takes a +1, then the next takes a +2; I think it caps at that, but I'm not sure.

    It's probably one of their ways to balance out AC's. It's mildly annoying, but I get it.

    ...Autocannons need balancing? I thought the high weight/low heat thing had that covered.

    In a game with random hit locations, the heavy damage that higher ACs can do is a LOT of damage to a single location. Plus, ACs have very little ammo. The refire penalty encourages not using them every round, which should slightly raise ttk

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I guess the numbers are different to tabletop, in that case. Or it's a balance tweak they figured was needed in the system.

    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Wait am I missing something

    when did the urbanmech become respectable

    Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Yeah if you watch Nips' videos, the numbers are way different. Armor values are much higher, and damage numbers were raised as well to match. Off the top missiles do like twice as much damage as in TT.

    Also I believe it was noted that the "damage curve" among autocannons was flattened. The AC20 does not appear to do 10x the damage of an AC2.

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    As a general rule, numbers from table top were multiplied by 5. So a Medium Laser hits for 25 damage. AC10's got a big damage boost to 75, whereas PPCs do the 50 damage you expect. Individual SRMs do 10 damage, but LRMs were lowered to 4 damage per missile.

    AC10's and 2's got a damage bonus for being so heavy compared to the 5 and 20. The AC2 is pretty inaccurate up close, like the PPC, but I don't think the AC5 gets the same penalty. The AC10 is a little too good at the moment, but for 2 extra tons you can get an even harder hitting AC20 :winky:

    So apparently the Piloting skill doesn't do anything right now, it isn't implemented yet. Knockdowns should be harder to come by when pilot skill starts to get taken into account. It is weird that a shutdown takes your turn, but standing up doesn't.

    Gnome-Interruptus
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Tox wrote: »
    Yeah if you watch Nips' videos, the numbers are way different. Armor values are much higher, and damage numbers were raised as well to match. Off the top missiles do like twice as much damage as in TT.

    Also I believe it was noted that the "damage curve" among autocannons was flattened. The AC20 does not appear to do 10x the damage of an AC2.

    Yeah. The damage curve for AC's in the Beta is 25/50/75/100, which in tabletop terms would be 5/10/15/20. This makes the AC/2 and the AC/5 significantly more powerful than their tabletop versions, and gives a respectable bump to the AC/10 as well. nonoffensive's got the numbers up there ^ The AC/2 and AC/5 do have minimum range penalties; the 5's range for this is quite a bit shorter than the 2, though.
    So apparently the Piloting skill doesn't do anything right now, it isn't implemented yet. Knockdowns should be harder to come by when pilot skill starts to get taken into account. It is weird that a shutdown takes your turn, but standing up doesn't.

    There's actually a value in the game files to switch this on, and another to let Guts mitigate pilot damage on a knockdown. I've turned on both, and noticed knockdowns are less and pilot damage from falls is considerably less. It was probably turned off, to let HBS continue to tune that stuff.

    As for shutdown vs. stand-up, that's right in line with TT rules. 'Mechs lose entire turns (or more) to being shut down; standing up just costs some movement (assuming you've got functional legs/arms and the movement points to spend).

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Molybdenum wrote: »
    Wait am I missing something

    when did the urbanmech become respectable

    When were they not?

    that's it, I'm shutting this entire forum down, everyone thank buttcleft
    nonoffensive
Sign In or Register to comment.