As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MechWarrior/Battletech] The Oosik Irregulars are going to become canon! *EVACUATE THREAD*

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Haha wow those new trial mechs.

Some are fine, some are straight shit.

Inorite? I mean, who the crap uses 2xUAC10 + 2xUAC5s in a Kodiak-3?

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Uh..isnt that the meta build?

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    honestly that kodiak being a trial makes me even less inclined to log in for a while

I prefer 4xUAC10 when I drive it but the 10/5 split is better for heat management which I assume they care about on trials

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    honestly that kodiak being a trial makes me even less inclined to log in for a while

I prefer 4xUAC10 when I drive it but the 10/5 split is better for heat management which I assume they care about on trials

I run the "champion" build for the heat management and being able to alpha every click is crazy over chain firing or double tapping with 4UAC10s.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    As long as it's not another lurm 15 Kodak boat it's fine. Goddamn I'm sick of having lurm boat 100 tonners

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Oh holy shit

The Nova Trial mech is the NVA-S(C)

aka the one with triple AMS

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Hmm do you think laser AMS will have ghosts heat? If not it may be worth to have more then on on my black knight.

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Hmm do you think laser AMS will have ghosts heat? If not it may be worth to have more then on on my black knight.

I think it will, but only for more than 2.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    @Konphujun for accidentally activating 50 decades of premium time, you dont seem to play very often.

He has enough time to last to the next ice age !

Buttcleft wrote: »
    Konphujun for accidentally activating 50 decades of premium time, you dont seem to play very often.

To be honest, Russ' comment about cheapskates really turned me off from the game. I did end up reinstalling, but I haven't launched it since then. Been waiting for either the right Oosik Night theme or for you to finally break and install discord, whichever comes first.

Konphujun wrote: »
    Konphujun for accidentally activating 50 decades of premium time, you dont seem to play very often.

To be honest, Russ' comment about cheapskates really turned me off from the game. I did end up reinstalling, but I haven't launched it since then. Been waiting for either the right Oosik Night theme or for you to finally break and install discord, whichever comes first.

I'm not chasing the new shiny.

If not MWO then lets make a MWLL night.

Uh..isnt that the meta build?

Personally, I prefer either 4xUAC10s or 4xLB10Xes. Running a dual-UAC20 Mad-IIC helps with maintaining trigger discipline to avoid roasting your mech.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |

Wait, so are or are not back. Gottit.
    The call of the Phoenix Hawk was too strong. Also probably didn't hurt to see that PGI delayed the launch of the new skill tree.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Do any mechs have more than 2 hardpoints?

steam_sig.png
  • nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

IS mechs? No. Clan mechs? Yes.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

At least the Kitfox has three.

edited March 2017
    The soon-to-be trial Nova, NVA-S(C) also has one in each torso

Tox on
    edited March 2017
    The soon-to-be trial Nova, NVA-S(C) also has one in each torso

I remember I tried running the trip-AMS Nova several months back (-S CT, -A side torsos). After piloting it once, I remembered why I don't pilot Novas anymore.

Erlkönig on
    So can I hype up the Oosik drop ship by suggesting a Thursday drop theme? I know we all did LRMs last time, maybe this time we could do Light wolf packs (with an assault mother to hide behind if need be). Or just straight up light wolf packs. Or to be safe (and fair) to the rest of our teammates perhaps medium wolf packs.

Dunno, just trying to think of ideas to put some excitement back into this dull dropship of ours.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Tbh anything under 50 tons is light enough to be a "light wolf pack" to me. Especially with weight restrictions.

I'd probably still run a trial Griffin or a Linebacker anyway though :P

Hmm. Maybe we should try to run all Heavies with at least one erppc on it as a theme. Or Gauss... That would be funny to see a lot of blue balls flying about (and fit our unit name).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    I was actually thinking about that this morning, and thought it would be fun to run Mediums Only. I say we do it up proper that way.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Mediums? I'd be interested in that. I think I have just the thing.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I need to get more of you guys on my friends list. Since I dropped unit, multiple times I've been on on a Thursday and had no one on my friends list playing.

What is this I don't even.
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Hmm. Maybe we should try to run all Heavies with at least one erppc on it as a theme. Or Gauss... That would be funny to see a lot of blue balls flying about (and fit our unit name).
    Nips wrote: »
    I was actually thinking about that this morning, and thought it would be fun to run Mediums Only. I say we do it up proper that way.

These two are not mutually exclusive (aside from the heavy/medium bits). Mediums can totally mount ERPPCs or gauss and still be zippy. Blue balls and mediums sucka!

"All mechs must have at least 1 ERPPC" could be fun.

...except that none of the new Trial mechs have any PPC at all, which sucks.

Just tons and tons and tons of mostly medium lasers.

Oh and they're keeping the LRM Stalker in rotation because fuck you, apparently? Like, of all the LRM boats to run, you run that one?

"All mechs must have at least 1 ERPPC" could be fun.

...except that none of the new Trial mechs have any PPC at all, which sucks.

Just tons and tons and tons of mostly medium lasers.

Oh and they're keeping the LRM Stalker in rotation because fuck you, apparently? Like, of all the LRM boats to run, you run that one?

Ice Ferrets for days!

These two are not mutually exclusive (aside from the heavy/medium bits). Mediums can totally mount ERPPCs or gauss and still be zippy. Blue balls and mediums sucka!

Why not all three?
    Huntsman

oosik_betsuni.png

Why not all three?
    Huntsman

Those are a little slow for a wolfpack. A Hunchback-IIC is getting closer, but it's still sub-100kph (even with tweak).

Already eyeballed that one. It's, like I said, still a little slow for wolfpacking.

Yeah I think in a medium you're better off going either or. Gauss is good, ERPPC is good, both? You lose speed, probably run hotter than you'd like, and don't have as much ammo as you'd like.

Why not all three?
    Huntsman

Those are a little slow for a wolfpack. A Hunchback-IIC is getting closer, but it's still sub-100kph (even with tweak).

Drat forgot about the Wolfpack requirement. I even wrote it!!!

oosik_betsuni.png
    If we're doing ERPPCs

We should do a light ERPPC wolfpack.

COM-2D ERPPC ECM 200XL

UM-R63 2xERPPC 180XL 2xJJ

PNT-10K(C) 2xERPPC 235XL 1xJJ

RVN-3L(C) 2xERPPC 235XL ECM

to show a few potentials.

If we're doing ERPPCs

COM-2D ERPPC ECM 200XL

Could also toss in Phoenix Hawks in that list. But, I think the capstone should be: BuzzBuzz

Do a solahma night. Everyone runs Hunchback IICs

• SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    If we're doing ERPPCs

COM-2D ERPPC ECM 200XL

I remember running a Muromets with twin ER PPCs on it, in those halcyon days when PPC and gauss skipped hand in hand downrange together.

5gsowHm.png
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Well, we did the PPC thing not too long ago, so it might be a little soon to come back around on it for MWO Oosik Theme Night.

That said, I was reminded that I was planning to run a scenario in MegaMek this week, so any MWO shenanigans led by me will probably be pushed off a week.

I'm also still thinking of getting a MWLL night/weekend evening thing together. I really need to get all that installed and poke around at it.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    The best thing about friends with ppcs is focusing fire and imagining the poor bastard on the other end's reaction to it all.

I never like getting hit by those.

9KmX8eN.jpg