As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] 2016 should have been two hours long

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    king of trios 2009 was a surprise on every front for me

i didn't even know what chikara was

and then fucking glacier is there hanging out with al snow and d'lo brown

and i'm all

"yes, this is good"

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Finn is now advertised for WWE live events starting March 10th.

No official TV return date yet.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I honestly didn't even need to see them again at rumble, I'd rather not see Cena styles again.

To be clear, I'm not insane I'd watch and adore the match, but I'd rather see aj with someone new.

The only way I jump at Cena is if it's instead of vs a McMahon

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    why

slXcfTi.jpg
    Nirya wrote: »
    I mean, if Brandi is serious about being a wrestler, Joey's a pretty good opponent to get you started. Plus I'm pretty sure he has a feud going with Cody in a few promotions.

Well, he just wrestled at APW tonight as 'Stardong'...

:D

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I miss the Technical Wizard Joey Ryan. Back when he was a nice boy with a sash who wasn't sure if he'd seen Passenger 57.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I feel like they're missing out on a logical tie-in, WWE, if this new wrestling rulebook they're putting out doesn't lead to Otunga becoming the APA of Wrestle Law. Fake office, real consulting.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Went to WWE Live on Friday night. Here's what I remember.

Enzo & Cass VS Rusev & Jinder
    They gave the standard intro with no special additions for Texas or their opponents. But, then Lana came out and did her own version. Something like, "You all want me, but you can't have that. And you're fighting Rusev, but you can't beat that." Ending with spelling out C-R-U-S-H. Jinder was hindered.

Cruiserweight Title Match, Neville VS Swan
    Good match! Just the usual stuff. Neville won with a submission.

Tag Title Match, New Day VS Shesaro VS Ganderson
    New Day had a giant inflatable cereal box. Nice. This match was full of all the goofy house show stuff you'd expect. At the beginning Kofi gave a high-10 to E and Xavier. Then Cesaro. Who went to give one to Sheamus, who refused. And refused. Just flinching away like those hands were poison. Finally jumped off the apron and waved Cesaro away. Kofi and Cesaro did a lot of goofy flippy shit, it was great. Then Ganderson did slow power wrestling and played to the crowd for boos and such. Beat Cesaro with feet on the ropes to retain.

Golden Truth with Axel and Sin Cara VS Shining Stars with Titus and BO DALLAS
    This had even more goofy bullshit. R-Truth did every dance move he could, and imbued Dust with the power of dance at one point. Shining Stars tried to dance and were booed. BO DALLAS was as good as always, but only wrestled Curtis for about five seconds, sadly.

Fuck this match though, because Brock's music hit and he suplexed everyone. Paul Heymen tells us Texas sucks and Brock wants to get on a plane and get out of there, so let's get Big Show out here, F5 him and get to the airport.

Bayley & Banks VS Charlotte & Jax
    Sasha is the most over face at house shoes ever, good lord. She was hugging more kids than Bayley even, handing out shades and chains and posing for photos. Bad guys worked her injured leg the entire match, until Bayley got the hot tag and cleaned house for the win. They were giggling and having a great time the entire match (except during the injury bits).

Sami VS Joe
    Match of the night, of course. Great hint of what's to come. Wasn't expecting this match, but was so happy I got to see it live. Everything you'd expect. Sami was super over and had everyone behind him, even though Joe got a big pop and some cheers. Joe put him to sleep.

The Strowman VS The Roman
    Actually pretty good? Long match, Braun never seemed winded or slow. Sadly did not get to see the powerslam that I love, but did get to see Roman collapse into a singularity when Braun hit him with the stairs. Of course he no sold it and speared Braun through a table a few minutes later. Sigh...

All RAW people, but no Keven or Chris. Weird.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Then a drunk driver wrecked my car on the way home.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

Swerve

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options

Swerve

Into me, repeatedly, yes.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    What's Roman's reception like at live events?

• Options
    What's Roman's reception like at live events?

About the same, just tilted slightly in percentages. So instead of being a huge wave of boos followed by scattered but very persistent cheers from fans, it was a wave of kids and women cheering followed by a passionate background growl of deeper boos. Strowman did get cheered for destroying him, but then Roman got good cheers for putting him through the table.

The guy next to me was egging on and teasing the row of kids in front of me for that fight, it was pretty funny. Little kids screaming for Roman, and he would tell them there's no way Bran can lose, he's so huge and way stronger than Roman! While smiling and playing around with them. Saying that Roman was running away because he was scared when he rolled out of the ring at one point. He said, "I ain't gonna lie, I'm pretty salty now," when Roman started to finally overpower him towards the end. Then like, "Aww, I guess you were right, he got Braun after all!" at the end when Roman won and Speared him. The kids were very excited. All in good fun.

But Sasha was way more over than anyone else, it was nuts. It was probably Sasha, then Bayley, then Sami, then maybe Roman. Joe was probably slightly above Sami if you count dudes being super excited to see him there in person. A "Joe's Gonna Kill You" chant started, even though everyone was immediately into Sami's comeback right after.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    This fits together too well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccr0wHCPNQI

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I just had the words MEGAFRIENDS EXPLODE appear in my head and if Chris Jericho doesn't come out wearing ketchup and mustard ring gear this year then it'll be the worst wrestlemania ever

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    House shows are the best. They turn the carny up to 11 and the fans get to feel like they're watching a show that's unique to them and nobody else.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I'll be heading to a house show tomorrow, pretty excited. The WWE hasn't been here in like 4 years.

It's a Smackdown show. I wonder if Cena will show. I suspect a Brock appearance, because I live in Saskatchewan, which is where he has his secret farm hideout.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    We lost another wrestling legend with Ivan Koloff last night

https://youtube.com/watch?v=w20zsMoBU8w

The guy caused an entire arena to cry when he beat Bruno Sammartino in 1971. RIP.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

You ok, dude?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Thankfully me and my friend were both fine. Just dealing with all the crap now. Also the third time I've been hit since December, so that's great. At least both of our cars being undriveable that meant they couldn't just drive off like the last two.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    So Magnus is probably returning to TNA now

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    TONIGHT

CHUCK TAYLOR MURDERS THE SON OF ZACK SABRE AND BECOMES PWG CHAMPION

BELIEVE IN CHUCK TAYLOR

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I really, really hope that in this Wyatt/Orton angle we don't get the stale, expected MASTER PLANNER BABY FACE RANDY ORTON versus ENRAGED MONSTER BRAY WYATT

Use the story as an opportunity to turn Bray face like they wanted to do last year

He should be genuinely hurt by Randy betraying him and point out that he has done nothing to hurt Randy since he joined the family and even fought for him against his brother Luke. Meanwhile Randy has been lying and scheming like a goddang sociopath for like 6 months now all because he doesn't like Bray?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Problem is the crowd still loves Randy. Not that it's impossible to turn Bray fully face but going up against Randy is too much of a crowd split.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Problem is the crowd still loves Randy. Not that it's impossible to turn Bray fully face but going up against Randy is too much of a crowd split.
    Then make the crowd hate Randy

People will still pop for the RKO because it is the RKO but it is not that hard to get a crowd to boo Randy Orton against first time champ Bray Wyatt in the year 2017

Plus since when do they care about heels getting actual heel heat, AJ and Kevin have been two of the loudest cheered dudes they have for ages

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    the crowd is indifferent towards randy, they fucking love the RKO

• Options

which is how you should feel

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    you want people to boo randy orton? have him constantly tease the RKO and then not use it

• Options

Not really? He gets mostly huge reactions when he comes out.

Like sure the RKO is a big reason he's still popular but that shouldn't discount how a lot of people still like him. He's also never had a significant fan backlash.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Then make the crowd hate Randy

People will still pop for the RKO because it is the RKO but it is not that hard to get a crowd to boo Randy Orton against first time champ Bray Wyatt in the year 2017

Plus since when do they care about heels getting actual heel heat, AJ and Kevin have been two of the loudest cheered dudes they have for ages

Pretty much, yeah. Randy isn't Daniel Bryan, the crowd is perfectly willing to buy into him as a heel (even if they do pop for his big moves). They could very easily turn him if they wanted to.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    i will say the crowd at the rumble fucking loved randy orton

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    They did but I think a big chunk of that was "He isn't Roman Reigns" cheers since the #30 thing happened

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    They did but I think a big chunk of that was "He isn't Roman Reigns" cheers since the #30 thing happened

But again he got good reactions before that.

• Options
    edited February 2017

nah man, i was there

people were fucking nuts for randy before he even came out, and exploded when his music hit

i lost count of how many conversations i overheard about how great randy was the whole event

the mom of the "aj sucks" kid was cheering him on like crazy

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited February 2017
    like maybe it's just san antonio but damn it felt like he was the most over guy on the roster

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    like maybe it's just san antonio but damn it felt like he was the most over guy on the roster
    That's definitely just a San Antonio thing cause while he got cheers at TLC, Dean, AJ and even Miz got way bigger reactions.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular

I'm not saying they didn't, I'm just saying they'd also buy him as a heel. And honestly, I think that'd be the best way to go to keep him from eventually getting stale again after.

Orton could really play either side of the fence.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Randy Orton has been getting inexplicably good crowd reactions since forever. He's rarely off the charts but he's always guaranteed to get at the very minimum a really good reaction.

If we were grading it on an average, his high floor would make him one of the most over faces in the company.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options

I'm not saying they didn't, I'm just saying they'd also buy him as a heel. And honestly, I think that'd be the best way to go to keep him from eventually getting stale again after.

oh no that was me more noting on the idea that the crowd is ambivalent toward him

orton, more than anyone, could believably turn

he's a natural douchebag

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited February 2017

oh no that was me more noting on the idea that the crowd is ambivalent toward him

orton, more than anyone, could believably turn

he's a natural douchebag

Agreed. I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that it's just me who is ambivalent towards him.

Though even I have been enjoying this angle with the Wyatts.

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
This discussion has been closed.