As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cook Serve Delicious 2 can go to hell, the [Indie Game] Heat Signature is out

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Brolo wrote: »
    oh right, happy harry turned out to be a colossal goose too, I forgot about that

the animation guy?

that's a shame

it really sucks because purely in terms of technical skill he's probably the best independent animator out there

but whoops

I give that title to Adam Phillips, personally. His work is just gorgeous. He's done a bunch of animated shorts about a made up celtic fantasy world called Brackenwood.

Some of the most notable entries in the series, one of which is I think around 10 years old now, would be these two.

This one is called The Last of the Dashkin, a story about the main character in his shorts.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efa1uX6fOmc

This is The YuYu, my personal favorite of the entire series. I believe this was ported over from the original flash on newgrounds, so the quality is not great, but it's extremely well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycq5Kp4D-xc

Also, he's behind that amazing gif of Miguel Herrera going super-saiyan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WKAtQTJwxQ

I think he may still be working on a feature-length Brackenwood film, maybe? I dunno.

(I really really like the Brackenwood series, you guys.)

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how I feel about Snake Pass yet

I'll wait on reviews

Snake Pass is a really cool-looking, creative, well-priced game that I have no idea if I will like at all.

I can guarantee the soundtrack is gonna be awesome at least.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure how I feel about Snake Pass yet

I'll wait on reviews

Yeah I think it looks neat but I kind want there to be something more interesting there than just a unique physics platformer

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I have a constant low-grade fear that my favorite LPers will turn out to be big ol' pieces of garbage

I'm always a little worried that my favorite overwatch streamer will turn out to be a dirtbag but he's friends with Ronnie filyaw so chances seem slim

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I have a constant low-grade fear that my favorite LPers will turn out to be big ol' pieces of garbage

This is basically why I've stopped watching stand up comedy.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Same but with puppet based stand up comics specifically

Hobnail on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

Especially with comedians who are like...part of the outdated "old guard".

Like man who didn't love Chappelle back in the day, but watching his latest special on Netflix is...rough. Let alone people like Seinfeld who get all worked up over "PC culture" aka "people are actually culturally and politically aware again and are sick of clueless self-entitled assholes punching down"

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Paul F. Tompkins seems like a decent dude, at least.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

That one video where he explains how "PC culture" actually makes comedians better is pretty good.

It's a shame I don't really find his comedy stuff funny. But that's okay! There are a lot of people doing things that I don't enjoy personally, and they have a right to exist. The people who don't are assholes who punch down.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I think becoming successful and middle-aged is the worst thing that can happen to an edgy comedian, material-wise. No one wants to hear a rich, middle-aged dude complain about real estate and hipsters.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Houk wrote: »

Like man who didn't love Chappelle back in the day, but watching his latest special on Netflix is...rough. Let alone people like Seinfeld who get all worked up over "PC culture" aka "people are actually culturally and politically aware again and are sick of clueless self-entitled assholes punching down"

dave Chappelle is officially Out Of Touch

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

That one video where he explains how "PC culture" actually makes comedians better is pretty good.

It's a shame I don't really find his comedy stuff funny. But that's okay! There are a lot of people doing things that I don't enjoy personally, and they have a right to exist. The people who don't are assholes who punch down.

I dunno, I'm pretty sure Mr. Peanutbutter would be a very different character without ol' PFT

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

dave Chappelle is officially Out Of Touch

In one bit he made a (non-critical) "pussy grab" joke followed immediately by an actual, literal rape joke! It was preeeetty awful! And it didn't have even a veneer of "irony" to it.

Like when the camera was showing audience reaction shots there were parts where the disdain from segments of the audience was palpable.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Like man who didn't love Chappelle back in the day

Me

He's always been the worst

I didn't know people weren't liking this new special, my friends at least all seemed to love it, but they liked the Chapelle Show so I can't really trust their opinions on it

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Dave "how old is fourteen really" Chapelle

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Like man who didn't love Chappelle back in the day

Me

He's always been the worst

I didn't know people weren't liking this new special, my friends at least all seemed to love it, but they liked the Chapelle Show so I can't really trust their opinions on it

I liked the one sketch I ever saw of his, the one with Wayne Brady

it was ok

it didn't make me want to seek out more tho

• Options
    He already started being fairly "Old Man Yells At Cloud", especially when he shit on Key and Peele for "ripping him off". Apparently ripping Dave Chappelle off means you're funny, black, and successful. I don't see Dave being angry at Chocolate News.

Also wait, I just realized this is the Indie Games thread.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    He already started being fairly "Old Man Yells At Cloud", especially when he shit on Key and Peele for "ripping him off". Apparently ripping Dave Chappelle off means you're funny, black, and successful. I don't see Dave being angry at Chocolate News.

Also wait, I just realized this is the Indie Games thread.

quick make a dave chapelle game

• Options
    I have a few Facebook friends who somehow avoided Chappelle's Show and have watched it recently as adults. They generally ask "wait, why did people love this everything-phobic show?" and I see their point. Even back then, Dave's views on things were never particularly sensitive or great. The only explanation I had was that when he hit, he hit fucking HARD.

Like I still go back and watch the Player Haters Ball, but I certainly see the show's shortcomings.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/q4INGgnK0qk

lethal league is a very, very good game and I'm glad more folks are going to have the chance to play it

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/T4-BlOgNMAg

so hey that game by former sonic fan game devs that isn't freedom planet has a release date

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

I maintain that he's always been good for sketch comedy.

Stand-up.... eh. He's all right. I've never really been into his regular comedy.

Personally, the thing that horrifies me most about a comedian is hearing they're getting a family sitcom.

SItcoms (standard issue mutil-cam sitcoms especially) are a fucking garbage fire where comedy goes to die.

I was... not thrilled when I heard Gabriel Iglesias has one in the woks.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Transistor is so good

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    absolver's debut trailer might have been the most impactful indie trailer to me personally for years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX9dPFlEvnc

every outfit was sick, the fighting looked good, the mp reveal was spot on

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Is that the one that's basically karate Dark Souls?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The coolest thing may be that you learn new moves by seeing other characters or players in the world using moves you don't know

Basically an entire game built around

maxresdefault.jpg

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Looks more like karate For Honor.

I'm loving basically everything about this, I couldn't find a release date so I guess we have quite a while to wait :(

• Options
    Deans wrote: »
    Looks more like karate For Honor.

I'm loving basically everything about this, I couldn't find a release date so I guess we have quite a while to wait :(

Sometime this year for PS4 and PC

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I can't watch the video right now but does it discuss like, matchmaking, or at least making sure your area isn't populated by a bunch of Jackie Chans when you're just starting out?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I can't watch the video right now but does it discuss like, matchmaking, or at least making sure your area isn't populated by a bunch of Jackie Chans when you're just starting out?

jackie chan is exactly who you want your city to be populated with when you're starting out, he doesn't want any trouble

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

jackie chan is exactly who you want your city to be populated with when you're starting out, he doesn't want any trouble

That's when he's the most dangerous!

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

presumably there's some sort of ladder system for the matchmaking?

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I'd be more worried about a bunch of Jet Lis tbh.

• Options
    You also kinda want to run into high-level players, cause you'll learn some new moves before they throw your ass out a window in a spectacular stunt

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    the game needs moves that look cool but are actually extremely bad, so that one possibility of your training is "wimp lo"

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I don't have time to watch the gameplay video right now, but the trailer made it look like matches aren't necessarily lethal? There was a sort of mutual respect thing with the victor helping the loser up, and that gives me some hope about the sort of community that the devs want to foster.

• Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

presumably there's some sort of ladder system for the matchmaking?

Well, sort of.

https://youtu.be/DrRFzwPE0d4?t=3m9s

Garthor on
This discussion has been closed.