As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cook Serve Delicious 2 can go to hell, the [Indie Game] Heat Signature is out

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Polybius is definitely a Jeff Minter game.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    okay you still need to hit play

but hmm, that embedded functionality...

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    It's pretty cool

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Polybius is definitely a Jeff Minter game.

Oh shit, that's his?

I saw it in the PSN store and it caught my eye due to the old urban legend

Awesome that it's one of his games

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh man, I saw Polybius popping up on some of my friends' PSN activity and I was like uuuuuuhhhhhhh

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    there's apparently 4 golden coins hidden in that diorama, but I can only find 3

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Hey, if you have Twitch Prime aka Amazon Prime, you can claim a free copy of Oxenfree from now until May 15th: https://blog.twitch.tv/twitch-prime-members-bring-your-friends-and-flashlights-and-start-your-adventure-in-oxenfree-bd1c522c984d

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    So a friend got me a copy of LISA, surprised myself by enjoying it but I'm stuck on
    This Russian roulette sequence, I must be missing something because I've tried three times now and I've just slowly worked through my party members until game over

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Finally started The Sexy Brutale

It's really really cool but I am already stuck

I have sated this hunger charm but NOW what

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Unlock the door.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    So a friend got me a copy of LISA, surprised myself by enjoying it but I'm stuck on
    This Russian roulette sequence, I must be missing something because I've tried three times now and I've just slowly worked through my party members until game over
    Same thing happened to me. Then the time I was successful I didn't lose anybody. I think its just luck.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular

Did you check the painting room

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    It's just luck.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    LISA is lucky it has charmed and weirded me out enough that I'll keep throwing myself at that

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    LISA is great and has a fantastic soundtrack
    There's a party member you can get by going 10 rounds in roulette, but he is not worth the effort at all

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

Found 'em
    The obvious one
    One in the blue casket
    One in the 'wooden' part. The left hand design has a hole in it you can see the coin in.
    One in the left-hand entrance area. Zoom in on the left column of the entrance.

• Options
    captaink wrote: »

Found 'em
    The obvious one
    One in the blue casket
    One in the 'wooden' part. The left hand design has a hole in it you can see the coin in.
    One in the left-hand entrance area. Zoom in on the left column of the entrance.

huh, I looked in that spot for the third one and didn't see a cavity there before, weird

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CymeVW0EZoo
    Rap Rabbit is a collaboration between the creators of PaRappa the Rapper and Gitaroo Man & Elite Beat Agents

It's on Kickstarter now asking for a million dollars to come to PS4 and PC

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    After playing more Sexy Brutale, I'm finding it pretty disappointing

They build this whole Majora's Mask structure and seem to completely fail to capitalize on it

They build this whole mansion with interconnected schedules, and the vast majority of it is window dressing

The solutions are all extremely simple and use maybe 1/3rd of the areas they take place in (I solved the second puzzle on accident)

So far, at least for the first 4 or so puzzles, it's a lot of completely wasted potential

Maybe the last few will use more of it, I dunno

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    I platinumed Sexy Brutale, a thing I almost never do with games. I loved my time with it and had a lot of fun playing it while my wife watched and helped figure out things. Some stuff comes out a bit obvious but there was enough puzzling there that I was charmed by the thing even if it won't go down as hardest puzzle game ever by any stretch of the imagination. The story and its reveal were also really good as well, at least for us anyways.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Oh no, don't tell me The Sexy Brutale completely botches and wastes its premise. It was looking so promising, too!

edit; And as someone who just beat Broken Age, I know a thing or two about botched executions of promising intros!

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    After playing more Sexy Brutale, I'm finding it pretty disappointing

They build this whole Majora's Mask structure and seem to completely fail to capitalize on it

They build this whole mansion with interconnected schedules, and the vast majority of it is window dressing

The solutions are all extremely simple and use maybe 1/3rd of the areas they take place in (I solved the second puzzle on accident)

So far, at least for the first 4 or so puzzles, it's a lot of completely wasted potential

Maybe the last few will use more of it, I dunno

That was my experience as well.
    I was expecting the puzzles to be a bit like human Rube Goldberg machines, where you shift the victim's fate a little, the killer changes their plan to adjust, you use that opening to mess with one of them again, and so on, altering the outcome bit by bit until the murder fails completely.

When I turned on the camera for the second puzzle, I was expecting that to be step one of a series of events. Discovering that was the entire puzzle deflated me somewhat, and most of the later puzzles were similarly straightforward.

Basically, I wish it was a million times more like Ghost Trick.

• Options
    yeah I was amazed that they had no prototype or gameplay footage to show in that trailer

• Options
    edited May 2017
    G1DGq8i.jpg

I really want to play this videogame where you wander through a sci-fi dystopia as a cat

https://hk-devblog.com/

Brolo on
  • Options
    wow that's gorgeous

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I'm conflicted on whether i want that to just be some random cat and the game has no story or the cat has to TAKE DOWN THE SYSTEM while still being adorable

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I'm conflicted on whether i want that to just be some random cat and the game has no story or the cat has to TAKE DOWN THE SYSTEM while still being adorable

Hack a hairball

Hack the planet

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I thought it was just the Kowloon Walled City, not a cyberpunk dystopia?

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    I thought it was just the Kowloon Walled City, not a cyberpunk dystopia?
    -Are you recreacting Kowloon Walled City ?
    -> KWC is one of our main inspiration, but we want to create our very own unique dystopian city.

on their blog page

not a whole lot of other information about the game, though

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    "Life gets Stranger"

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Life Is Stranger Things

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I thought of an unlikely candidate for the sequel title:

"Death is Strange"

Wherein the character you play as dies right at the start but then comes back to life and instead of time-travel powers you have the ability to shift between the physical and spirit world.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Hopefully they won't faceplant on the ending this time.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    "Life is pretty normal this time around, I'm not even bothered"

• Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I thought of an unlikely candidate for the sequel title:

"Death is Strange"

Wherein the character you play as dies right at the start but then comes back to life and instead of time-travel powers you have the ability to shift between the physical and spirit world.
    Soul Reaver, then?

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Crossover Life is Strange with their previous game

Create "Memory is Strange"

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Crossover Life is Strange with their previous game

Create "Memory is Strange"

I don't recall them having a previous game.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.