As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hyperiums Hot Topic

KeromeKerome Registered User
A lot of people want a Hyperiums Hot Topic Forum. Make it so please.

Max Evans & Liz Parker
nrev3ey.jpg
Kerome on
«13

Posts

  • WallyWally Registered User
    edited September 2004
    I heartily agree with this.

    Wally on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Yes please!!!!

    We need it to coordinate against our many (and I mean MANY) enemies.

    MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • AkiraAkira Registered User
    edited September 2004
    I heartily endorse this product or service.

    Akira on
    akira.gif
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I want to feel special.

    wakkawa on
  • Krunch XPKrunch XP Registered User
    edited September 2004
    As a newbie to the game with little to no experience and little to no weight to pull, I fully endorse this idea.

    Krunch XP on
  • Spore CloudSpore Cloud Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Help us spread PA throughout the galaxys!

    Spore Cloud on
    Spore+Cloud.png
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    I endorse this new forum request. Because it's a Good Thing(tm)

    FyreWulff on
  • SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I support this idea

    Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MachiavelliMachiavelli Registered User
    edited September 2004
    I agree

    Machiavelli on
    DSC_sig.jpg
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    I disagree.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I give my full support to this new Hot Topic.

    Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I disagree.

    can we ask why?

    MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    I know how Kerome works for one. It's not a large coincidence that you all posted here asking for a forum at one time.

    Two: Is this game better than Doom 3?

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited September 2004
    Shut the fuck up Kerome. You're beginning to get on my tits.

    Tube on
    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Shut the fuck up Kerome. You're beginning to get on my tits.

    Reason number 3

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I know how Kerome works for one. It's not a large coincidence that you all posted here asking for a forum at one time.

    Two: Is this game better than Doom 3?

    True, but actually it was my idea. We're spread over mutliple threads at this point and it'd be easier to communicate.

    As far as being better than Doom 3, the only aspect that Hyperiums is better is that it is free (legally).

    MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • SargaesSargaes Registered User
    edited September 2004
    Need it

    Sargaes on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    MuddBudd wrote:
    I know how Kerome works for one. It's not a large coincidence that you all posted here asking for a forum at one time.

    Two: Is this game better than Doom 3?

    True, but actually it was my idea. We're spread over mutliple threads at this point and it'd be easier to communicate.

    As far as being better than Doom 3, the only aspect that Hyperiums is better is that it is free (legally).

    Oh that is the fucking balls right there. Kerome sends me a PM to lock his threads because it has "Gotten out of hand" then he makes a new one right after?

    I call bullshit.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • WallyWally Registered User
    edited September 2004
    I asked him to try a week ago but he said Deni wasn't replying to his PMs.

    Wally on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Wally wrote:
    I asked him to try a week ago but he said Deni wasn't replying to his PMs.

    What do you need a forum for that could not be done in TWO threads?

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    MuddBudd wrote:
    I know how Kerome works for one. It's not a large coincidence that you all posted here asking for a forum at one time.

    Two: Is this game better than Doom 3?

    True, but actually it was my idea. We're spread over mutliple threads at this point and it'd be easier to communicate.

    As far as being better than Doom 3, the only aspect that Hyperiums is better is that it is free (legally).

    Oh that is the fucking balls right there. Kerome sends me a PM to lock his threads because it has "Gotten out of hand" then he makes a new one right after?

    I call bullshit.

    Which is why we need a Hot Topic, so we don't have to do that.

    MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    MuddBudd wrote:
    MuddBudd wrote:
    I know how Kerome works for one. It's not a large coincidence that you all posted here asking for a forum at one time.

    Two: Is this game better than Doom 3?

    True, but actually it was my idea. We're spread over mutliple threads at this point and it'd be easier to communicate.

    As far as being better than Doom 3, the only aspect that Hyperiums is better is that it is free (legally).

    Oh that is the fucking balls right there. Kerome sends me a PM to lock his threads because it has "Gotten out of hand" then he makes a new one right after?

    I call bullshit.

    Which is why we need a Hot Topic, so we don't have to do that.

    . . .

    I am sorry, but could you repeat that? That made utterly zero sense.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Let me rephrase.

    The current Hyperiums threads are what we are using to inform/educate/organize members of the Hyperiums alliance. But with just two threads it gets fairly confusing, as we get people asking for help, discussions on fleet movements, etc... all jammed into those threads. It would be easier for us to have a hot topic where we could have specific threads for questions/chat, fighting, etc.... Thats why we would like a hot topic.

    We could make seperate threads for each of these topics in the main forums, but that would just clutter up the main forums and be annoying.

    MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • WallyWally Registered User
    edited September 2004
    Wally wrote:
    I asked him to try a week ago but he said Deni wasn't replying to his PMs.

    What do you need a forum for that could not be done in TWO threads?

    The same reason WoW/CoH/PAX need hot topics, we have too many subjects to cover for just one thread. We only have two threads because HR and GT are, to a certain extent, seperate communities as you well know.

    Wally on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Then make a guideline first post for newbies in each thread that will answer most of their questions.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Why not just condense AC into two threads? One for sketches, and one for complete works.

    Oh.


    :roll:

    Munkus, get off it.

    FyreWulff on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Oh roffles, I mean, it's not like AC is based on a shallow concept, a single aspect!

    It's like if there was a charcaol bandwagon in AC, and they suddenly wanted their own forum.

    It's fucking stupid.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Oh roffles, I mean, it's not like AC is based on a shallow concept, a single aspect!

    It's like if there was a charcaol bandwagon in AC, and they suddenly wanted their own forum.

    It's fucking stupid.

    Munkus, I demand a hot topic forum for sonnets, and only sonnets.

    Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • DudditsDuddits Registered User
    edited September 2004
    FyreWulff wrote:
    Why not just condense AC into two threads? One for sketches, and one for complete works.

    Oh.


    :roll:

    Munkus, get off it.
    To be honest, that's a bit extreme. A better example, in my opinion, would be to condense the writing forum with AC, since writing could be a considered a form of art.

    Duddits on
    god dammit duddits

    there is a sticky at the top of the forum and now i have to jail you
  • DudditsDuddits Registered User
    edited September 2004
    Oh roffles, I mean, it's not like AC is based on a shallow concept, a single aspect!

    It's like if there was a charcaol bandwagon in AC, and they suddenly wanted their own forum.

    It's fucking stupid.
    To be honest, we only want a Hot Topic forum, since that is what this is. A hot topic. And a lot of people on the boards are into it.

    Duddits on
    god dammit duddits

    there is a sticky at the top of the forum and now i have to jail you
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Oh roffles, I mean, it's not like AC is based on a shallow concept, a single aspect!

    It's like if there was a charcaol bandwagon in AC, and they suddenly wanted their own forum.

    It's fucking stupid.

    Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that we don't need it. If you actually took the time to look at all the shit that goes on in that game, you would know that one thread can't realistly hold it all. So back the fuck off and let us have our hot topic.

    Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    pheezer wrote:
    Oh roffles, I mean, it's not like AC is based on a shallow concept, a single aspect!

    It's like if there was a charcaol bandwagon in AC, and they suddenly wanted their own forum.

    It's fucking stupid.

    Munkus, I demand a hot topic forum for sonnets, and only sonnets.

    Damn, your logic is so astounding that I can not resist the urge, the temptation! Oh, sweet siren of the forums! Sing me your sweet lullaby of facetious musings!

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    ZeroZero wrote:
    Oh roffles, I mean, it's not like AC is based on a shallow concept, a single aspect!

    It's like if there was a charcaol bandwagon in AC, and they suddenly wanted their own forum.

    It's fucking stupid.

    Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that we don't need it. If you actually took the time to look at all the shit that goes on in that game, you would know that one thread can't realistly hold it all. So back the fuck off and let us have our hot topic.

    I don't think this comment is going to help our case. Let's keep it civil.

    MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    ZeroZero wrote:
    Oh roffles, I mean, it's not like AC is based on a shallow concept, a single aspect!

    It's like if there was a charcaol bandwagon in AC, and they suddenly wanted their own forum.

    It's fucking stupid.

    Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that we don't need it. If you actually took the time to look at all the shit that goes on in that game, you would know that one thread can't realistly hold it all. So back the fuck off and let us have our hot topic.

    Counterpoint: You are asking for a lot of kowtow for what seems in all aspects and respects to be a bandwagon.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    ZeroZero wrote:
    Oh roffles, I mean, it's not like AC is based on a shallow concept, a single aspect!

    It's like if there was a charcaol bandwagon in AC, and they suddenly wanted their own forum.

    It's fucking stupid.

    Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that we don't need it. If you actually took the time to look at all the shit that goes on in that game, you would know that one thread can't realistly hold it all. So back the fuck off and let us have our hot topic.

    Counterpoint: You are asking for a lot of kowtow for what seems in all aspects and respects to be a bandwagon.

    We have a lot of people in on this. We've actually had to split the group into 4 combined alliances just to make room for everyone.

    MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited September 2004
    Get fucked. Two topics is plenty, and you've already been over indulged. If it had been left to one thread to start with it would only just have gotten to 100 pages. Go to a hyperiums forum if that's what makes your rainbow swim, but I'm sick of fucking hearing about it.

    Tube on
    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

  • FyreWulffFyreWulff Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    ZeroZero wrote:
    Oh roffles, I mean, it's not like AC is based on a shallow concept, a single aspect!

    It's like if there was a charcaol bandwagon in AC, and they suddenly wanted their own forum.

    It's fucking stupid.

    Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that we don't need it. If you actually took the time to look at all the shit that goes on in that game, you would know that one thread can't realistly hold it all. So back the fuck off and let us have our hot topic.

    Counterpoint: You are asking for a lot of kowtow for what seems in all aspects and respects to be a bandwagon.

    The alliance of PA users is reaching near 1000 people in-game. I'd say it's gone past the bandwagon stage.

    FyreWulff on
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    ZeroZero wrote:
    Oh roffles, I mean, it's not like AC is based on a shallow concept, a single aspect!

    It's like if there was a charcaol bandwagon in AC, and they suddenly wanted their own forum.

    It's fucking stupid.

    Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that we don't need it. If you actually took the time to look at all the shit that goes on in that game, you would know that one thread can't realistly hold it all. So back the fuck off and let us have our hot topic.

    Counterpoint: You are asking for a lot of kowtow for what seems in all aspects and respects to be a bandwagon.

    Damn your logic. Well, if it is just a bandwagon, it's a damn huge one. And we really do need a place for just us.

    Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • WallyWally Registered User
    edited September 2004
    ZeroZero wrote:
    Oh roffles, I mean, it's not like AC is based on a shallow concept, a single aspect!

    It's like if there was a charcaol bandwagon in AC, and they suddenly wanted their own forum.

    It's fucking stupid.

    Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that we don't need it. If you actually took the time to look at all the shit that goes on in that game, you would know that one thread can't realistly hold it all. So back the fuck off and let us have our hot topic.

    Counterpoint: You are asking for a lot of kowtow for what seems in all aspects and respects to be a bandwagon.

    Is it really any different to the game/movie hot topics we had a while back. When/if they start to drop in popularity or a certain time had passed they were closed.

    Wally on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    It is a bandwagon.

    May I suggest one of you Hyperium elders make your own message board and just link to it from your sigs and two threads?
    The threads will still attract new people to the group and ou can have as many threads as you like.

    Accualt on
Sign In or Register to comment.