As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Netherball Game II * MOLDY MELON AND REFEREE VICTORY!

1161718192022»

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Thoughts on the game:

I hate faction only games. The vote is pretty much crap once a team gets more members than the rest. I wouldn't have mind it much with everyone being able to kill each other, but for some of us, killing meant dying. The fact that the refs just had to survive was also annoying because they just had to get together and as a group decide to work for a one team. I would have loved to see a bribing system with Hells, where a team could spend a Hells earned to force a ref to work for them that night, but must have the higher bids. Then teams would either bribe the refs or kill them to keep others from bribing them.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Need to apologize to all the Peaches. I pretty much sank us night two when I missed the vote. Really sorry for that, especially since I was planning on dying anyways.

The only thing that was a little unbalanced in my opinion was that the refs just had to survive. Once they threw in with the melons, there wasn't much the other teams could have done to swing the game other than to get lucky with the suicides.

That said, if I hadn't screwed up so badly on day 2, it might not have mattered so it's probably a small thing.

Thanks for running @38thDoe

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Thoughts on the game:

I hate faction only games. The vote is pretty much crap once a team gets more members than the rest. I wouldn't have mind it much with everyone being able to kill each other, but for some of us, killing meant dying. The fact that the refs just had to survive was also annoying because they just had to get together and as a group decide to work for a one team. I would have loved to see a bribing system with Hells, where a team could spend a Hells earned to force a ref to work for them that night, but must have the higher bids. Then teams would either bribe the refs or kill them to keep others from bribing them.

Do the refs stay pcs or become npcs here? Not sure if it sounds fun to be forced to do things every day in addition to being hunted.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Thoughts on the game:

Do the refs stay pcs or become npcs here? Not sure if it sounds fun to be forced to do things every day in addition to being hunted.

If refs could use Hell for something, maybe that would be an interesting trade-off?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I can SPEAK AGAIN!

Everything worked out, but I was really hoping for that surprise sneak explosion on Baidol to finish the game off. Great work to Prime for catching out our traitor.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Ah, yeah, sorry, JayKaos.
    We weren't sure, and had a safe way to clarify, though it dragged it out a bit.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Thoughts on the game:

If refs could use Hell for something, maybe that would be an interesting trade-off?

There was going to be items and revives and other things to spend hell on but I did it want to go too crazy all at once. Next game might be more interesting.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I will say as a ref, we didn't influnce the outcome of the teams victory much.

Peaches had a steady point lead despite us primarily removing their points, (in an effort to keep them even).
    We actually worked against the melons points quite a bit too.

Penalty Boxing Lost Ninja for a night stopped a Durian from dropping kills I suppose.
    We forgot to issue orders to keep them in there, and they got voted out after talking about it.

Biggest effect was likely the vote, but we didn't really coordinate there until there was a clear surviving team.
    Zombie Hero, as one sole survivor of peaches next to 2 refs and 4 melons.

Biggest take away was that there was a snowballeffect with player losses.
    Revived and outed players were quickly voted out along team lines and player majorities.
    Sounds like Sir Fab did a good job aiding their team, and his team likewise did well trusting them.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Thank you @kime and @Virgil_Leads_You for playing well after all these rude and mean people voted me out. Why did ya guys have to do that? :(

At least my death showed that the Refs weren't the same color as the black kill and that I took my lynch mob gracefully and telling the truth. :(

I wanted to play longer. :(

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I will say as a ref, we didn't influnce the outcome of the teams victory much.

Peaches had a steady point lead despite us primarily removing their points, (in an effort to keep them even).
    We actually worked against the melons points quite a bit too.

Penalty Boxing Lost Ninja for a night stopped a Durian from dropping kills I suppose.
    We forgot to issue orders to keep them in there, and they got voted out after talking about it.

Biggest effect was likely the vote, but we didn't really coordinate there until there was a clear surviving team.
    Zombie Hero, as one sole survivor of peaches next to 2 refs and 4 melons.

Biggest take away was that there was a snowballeffect with player losses.
    Revived and outed players were quickly voted out along team lines and player majorities.
    Sounds like Sir Fab did a good job aiding their team, and his team likewise did well trusting them.

It was three nights (well two, one was a long day), and it had a bigger effect than you think.

The first night was the night the Durians imploded and we lost Preda, which is what led me to know what Sir Fab was up to, but I was silenced and just had to watch unable to coordinate with Gizzy, Mega, or Discrider to get him out and attempt to recover. By the time I came back I was an outed vig with only one surviving teammate (also outed), and the only play was to try and appeal to the peaches and the refs (who I had yet to realize had already thrown in with the melons).

LostNinja on