The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PAX Unplugged 2017 - what we know so far

2»

• ThatNerdyKevThatNerdyKev Director of Awesome Philly (ish)Registered User new member
    Beker wrote: »
    When do people who submitted panel ideas hear back if they are accepted or not? I'm sure there are A LOT to go through, but was just wondering if there was any kind of ETA? I'm already preparing just in case, but don't want to lock too much down without knowing!

Not sure we have any kind of ETA. I suspect they might be working on panels in the order of the PAXen, so there are 2 others before Unplugged. New things could always mix things up though. Sorry.

Thanks for the quick response and no worries! Just curious :)

• LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Approximately what time will the show end on Sunday? Will it be the same as other PAXen? Just want to make sure I give myself a reasonable amount of time to get to the airport.

index_zps2lkrfwua.png
    PAX 2017: 3-Days [x] Hotel [x] Plane [ ] Spending money [x] Pre-PAX events [ ]
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Guy and PAX VR Freeplay Manager SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    LedaXI wrote: »
    Approximately what time will the show end on Sunday? Will it be the same as other PAXen? Just want to make sure I give myself a reasonable amount of time to get to the airport.

We are planning the same hours as the other PAXen. Expo and most things closing\winding down at 6pm.

-Beker/Erick
    NDoOjUb.png
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Just found out that Adam Savage and Michael Stevens are performing their Brain Candy show in Philly Sunday night at 8. Just in time to finish up at PAX then go stand in line to get in there if you're not immediately leaving to get home for Monday. I haven't seen it, but who doesn't like Adam from Mythbusters and Michael from Vsauce?

jswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=10zfegkyoor3b.pngSteam:ArcSyn
    ilta
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    hot off the internets
    new pax websites!
    http://paxsite.com
    http://unplugged.paxsite.com

the unplugged site is now a fully featured pax website with more real information!

BjJ1TxL.png
    5ErTbVb.png
    ArcSyn
  • iamdrakeiamdrake Registered User new member
    Having just attended PAX West this last weekend, this is everything that I was missing this last weekend. If I had known this last PAX West was going to be like it was I would have saved up my money to go to PAX Unplugged instead.

• GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    Out of curiosity, did you make it over to the Olive 8 hotel at all? It was definitely small, but there was some serious tabletop action going on over there.

• WeWantTheFunkWeWantTheFunk Registered User new member
    When will the schedule go up? Itching to sign up for games.

• ltgruntltgrunt Registered User regular

My guess would be mid-October.

QeaJzyO.png
  • QuarexQuarex Registered User new member
    edited September 7
    matth06 wrote: »
    I meant boardgame auctions like Gen-Con has and Origins used to have. It's a great event.
    Tell me about it; Origins killing its auction guarantees I am done attending, considering it is my favorite part of Gen-Con and was my overwhelmingly favorite part of Origins too. Yes, I am sure they are just devastated to learn I am no longer attending. But the point is, I am hoping PAX Unplugged can fill my "but I REALLY want to go to at least one other convention besides Gen-Con!" needs, haha.

I am just happy to finally be attending a PAX; having lived near both Seattle and Boston I was repeatedly devastated that they sold out so quickly, particularly considering I was not used to the concept of conventions even being able to sell out.

Quarex on
  • LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular

The schedule will likely be made public about 3 weeks before the event.

Note however that, in general, events at PAX shows, including Unplugged, do not have pre-show signups. Signups for events and tournaments take place the morning they occur.

For the board game Tournaments area, I will be doing my best to keep everyone here informed of the exact details and format of every event, and be available to answer all questions.

Rille
2»