As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Rerolling until you get 5 stars or Hector

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I got a 5* bow guy (Takumi? Sounds about right? I dunno.) and a 4* healer lady and another 4* stabby lady so I guess I'm doing good?

Healer has no offensive ability though so that's kinda lame.

Edit: Oh wait she can learn one for 50sp though I have no idea how she gets SP other than leveling. I dunno.

dporowski on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Takumi is best in class. I hate him as a character but as a unit he is fantastic.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I told myself I would reroll until I got at least one 5 star character.

I think I'm on my 7th or 8th reroll...

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    The game seems to obliterate the battery on my phone, this will probably just be a laying in bed with the phone plugged in kind of game.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I got 5* Robin and Camilla, but the only tier list I can find puts Robin in last place "because he can be acquired as a 3*". What am I missing here?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Usually with this sort of gacha setup, the units that start at 5* have better stats than ones that upgrade to 5*. I don't see a problem with starting with two 5* units, even if they aren't the "best" ones available.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    I got 5* Robin and Camilla, but the only tier list I can find puts Robin in last place "because he can be acquired as a 3*". What am I missing here?

Camilla is top tier, so I'd be happy with that for a start.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I just want Lyn... :(

Seems like getting Orbs is going to be a serious grind. 1 per story mission isn't a lot.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I just want Lyn... :(

Seems like getting Orbs is going to be a serious grind. 1 per story mission isn't a lot.

It matches the FFRK model, so I guess I'm used to it, and honestly, getting 5 characters for the cost of 4 is a better trade value, so it feels like a bonus to me.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Added myself to the spreadsheet. Added some spaces to a few squares so everyone is in the 3-3-4 format and worked out the extra number in @Grunt's Ghosts code so you guys can add him now. Yay OCD!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Okay 5* Takumi, calm down, yeesh.

Opponent had one in one of my Arena matches that was getting a DEF buff every turn from a support unit backing her up. Every unit I clicked on to match her would have gotten one-shot. Had to use Stahl to eat 20-25 damage himself, just to deal all of 7 damage, which was enough for Camilla to kill her off with her double-attack.

That was tense. If Camilla didn't have double-attack, Takumi would have just solo'd my team.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Do we have any intel on whether to promote as soon as you hit level 20 or not?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    You won't have the feathers for it right now.

From people who have promoted (3*s that could reasonably be done), you do retain all purchased skills and SP levels. You lose any Merged levels, though, but it warns you about that when merging.

Characters
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    So what you're saying is I shouldn't have merged that spare Matthew I picked up?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    You're probably going to replace him with someone else unless you happen to really like Matthew.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    The final castle upgrade is 10 orbs and yields 100% increase in XP. There's nothing after that, yet.

You can also choose the appearance of your castle afterwords, between the previous upgrade appearance options.

I've merged a couple of my duplicate summonses and, if they are the same * rarity, then the merged unit gets a +1 to their level (not a level up, though they do level up, but a +1 next to their level). They also get a color glow in their portrait.

I'm curious if that all gets reset upon unlocking potential.

Man of the Waves on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Man I hate gatcha games right at the start when I don't know jack shit. Is this good? Is this bad? I don't fucking know! :)

I rerolled a few times, both on my tablet and on Nox. On my tablet, I got a 5* Tharja and a bunch of nobody 3*'s (Jagen? Your name is a slur in FE!). Is that good? I mean it's Tharja, so in a sense, yeah, but who knows as a character.

On Nox I eventually got a 5* Tiki and 4* people that are from Conquest that I'm not terribly familiar with. But I played a few rounds and they seem really damn strong, so I guess I'll stick with this game? The dragons are OP as hell I hear. I get the feeling this is the best pull I'm going to get outside of rerolling into infinity for that golden unicorn.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Damn. I got a roll with 5* Minerva and 4* Palla, but I was busy at the time and didn't link it right away. Wound up getting some kind of error when firing it up again and had to delete my data to proceed. Back into reroll hell with me!

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I got as far as I could for now because Story Mission 9-3 is wrecking my shop with Axe Knights that have high DEF and even my level 22 Blue Robin hits it for not nearly enough damage.

Rolled a bunch of new units, favoring Red (Tiki, Lyn) and Green (Camille, Hector). Didn't get what I wanted, but still got some good units out of it, including 4* Eliwood, Cecilia and Raven, and 5* Marth!

At least two of them should be able to replace the dregs (3* Gordin, 2* Anne) on my team. Marth seems quite good because he's a natural Dragonslayer getting a passive boost to all dragon types, and he recovers 10HP every 3 turns. He can also grant passive speed boots to adjacent allies.

Raven and Eliwood both have Axemaster, which gives them a follow-up attack that can't be retaliated against if their HP is above a certain amount when initiating, but Raven seems better suited to the team because he always gets 2x attacks with his weapon, and has a passive that if his health is less than 50%, he gets extra SPD. That's counter productive to his Axemaster ability, but could be handy in a pinch, I suppose. He also has a heal when his purple skill is off cooldown, and can reduce DEF from multiple units in an area.

Cecilia is just a green mage on horseback, doesn't seem to have much going for her, unfortunately.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    God damnit Takumi leave something for someone else to kill.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I got Frederick, that made me very happy. :)

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I kinda wonder what the long-term loop for this game is gonna be? Like, once I get a killer team of 5-star heroes, is it just collect 'em all and do as good as you can in the PvP?

• Options
    There was a post noting they're adding story content every two weeks. Also, games of this kind typically regularly have new banners and events or trials or special maps, with the events/trials being where the difficult is.

With the difficulties in this game going up to Hard & Lunatic, I could see special events having difficulty scaled rewards or the like.

Characters
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    So this just happened.
    IMG_0039_zpsuxcsphh5.png

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Holy shit...

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I guess my concern is more... Well, like there's 6 slots on each character, but even on my 5-stars, it seems like there's slots you can never fill, and a bunch of slots that don't seem to have many options. I'm concerned I'm gonna top out my 5-stars and then... what else will progression be? Just... get more 5-star dudes and fill 'em up?

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    For some reason my game keeps crashing when it's supposed to play a video during the summon, so now I know when I get something good because the screen turns white and forces me to close the app.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    For some reason my game keeps crashing when it's supposed to play a video during the summon, so now I know when I get something good because the screen turns white and forces me to close the app.

That just means it's a focus character from the banner. It could be a 3* Robin.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »

Reduces the cost by the same amount as the unit is worth to just send home. It's neat, but not a value add.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    GIVE ME HECTOR, PHONE GAME! the next coolest thing I got to Hector was Cherche but she isn't even close.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Imperfect wrote: »

Reduces the cost by the same amount as the unit is worth to just send home. It's neat, but not a value add.

Oh, boo. Well, back to just sending hero after hero home.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I haven't started yet because I have been busy, but I am excited to try it out. Judging by the title, I assume I delete / restart my save file if my initial "free" roll doesn't have a 5 Star Character (or Hector)? Guidance appreciated.

As someone who doesn't like Classic Fire Emblem because I am neurotic and it's hard, but was very at home with Casual Mode Awakening, how does this game rate on the AAAGHGHGDLFKSDJGLSDJKFDS scale?

TDawg on
    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »
    I haven't started yet because I have been busy, but I am excited to try it out. Judging by the title, I assume I delete / restart my save file if my initial "free" roll doesn't have a 5 Star Character (or Hector)? Guidance appreciated.

As someone who doesn't like Classic Fire Emblem because I am neurotic and it's hard, but was very at home with Casual Mode Awakening, how does this game rate on the AAAGHGHGDLFKSDJGLSDJKFDS scale?

Losing a unit only costs the XP they earned that map. It's fine. Maps play quick, and there's even an item you can buy to let you have a free second go.

And deleting your save file lets you reroll your initial hand. It's nice, but not essential. Do it if you don't like your starting batch, but if you think it's decent, it probably is.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    TDawg wrote: »

Losing a unit only costs the XP they earned that map. It's fine. Maps play quick, and there's even an item you can buy to let you have a free second go.

And deleting your save file lets you reroll your initial hand. It's nice, but not essential. Do it if you don't like your starting batch, but if you think it's decent, it probably is.

I can work with that, thanks.

TDawg on
    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    Oh. Arena offense points are your best total out of a run of up to 7 wins. They're not cumulative.

Hmm. Guess that's incentive to experiment trying the hardest difficulty eventually to try and rank up.

Characters
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Finally saved up the 300SP for Hector's ranged counterattack. The man now butchers the people foolish enough to attack from range.

Now for the other awesome but cheaper skills.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    I decided to go YOLO and stick with whatever my first roll was,
    because I've played like a dozen different gacha phone games in the past few months, trying to find one I liked.
    Never gonna stick with any of them, right?

Immediately pulled Tiki, plus two 4* units and a cute 3* samurai chick. Seems legit!

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    gVIB7GK.png?2

Meh, pretty bad roll. Two duplicates, Serra is worse than Clarine and Lissa and Fae doesn't have the "can counter at any range" skill that Tiki and Nowi have.

Think I'm gonna save my orbs for when the next focus goes live, which is probably next week.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Only Adult Tiki has the skill to counter from any range, IIRC, and she is notably weaker than Child Tiki

Personally, I've got the units I really wanted (Leo and Camilla), so I'm probably waiting until Elise shows up on a focus banner to spend more orbs

This discussion has been closed.