As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Rerolling until you get 5 stars or Hector

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    IIRC on that one I sent a strong Red to take the first hit, then pulled him out and put in a blue. Green went upper right to take on the blue knight up there.

Based on your list I'd use Marth, Effie, and Kagero, and then your favorite green.

Yeah that's what I've been thinking. I've been spamming training tier 8 to level the better heroes and have Effie, Camilla and Kagero up to 38ish now. So that should be better. I need to 15 wins for that tier anyways so might as well do it now

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular

Warlock82 wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    IIRC on that one I sent a strong Red to take the first hit, then pulled him out and put in a blue. Green went upper right to take on the blue knight up there.

Based on your list I'd use Marth, Effie, and Kagero, and then your favorite green.

Yeah that's what I've been thinking. I've been spamming training tier 8 to level the better heroes and have Effie, Camilla and Kagero up to 38ish now. So that should be better. I need to 15 wins for that tier anyways so might as well do it now

I just tried a team with a level 35 4* Kagero, and Ike's defense was too high for mine to do serious damage. Hopefully your 38 Kagero will work!

But yeah, first turn green is basically taken up by the top right, red goes two squares below Titania to make both Titania and Mist attack.

This will let red attack. If you are using Eirika as the red and have her pullback skill, she can attack Mist and pull her back out of range of Ike and Soren. Not sure if that's an advantage.

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Oh dang, so I got Camilla/Kagero/Effie up to 38/39, but then I looked and I haven't done ANY of chapter 10 hard. lol. Guess I am fine on orbs. Have a little more time to get that 10-5 quest done.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Haha - good luck on your pull!

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Haha - good luck on your pull!

It was all garbage T_T

Edit: I am super tempted to just buy orbs... my focus % is so high from getting garbage......

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    nice last set of pulls got me a 4* +spd/-def nino and a +atk/-res fir
    basically some of the best ivs for either

apprently the Sophia is also good iv, but still sophia

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Only do it if you won't regret pulling garbage with your bought orbs as well. Otherwise, come join me in the corner where we're missing the cool heroes and we'll shake our fist at people who do have them.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Fuck it, I'm going to buy some orbs. Who knows when I'll get up to a 10% pull chance again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Only do it if you won't regret pulling garbage with your bought orbs as well. Otherwise, come join me in the corner where we're missing the cool heroes and we'll shake our fist at people who do have them.

I did it and got garbage again :( (though honestly some "ok" 4 stars I can eat for decent skills... I think I got Lon'que and Male Robin)

On the plus side, my beefed up Kagero allowed me to FINALLY win lunatic Xander with 4 hours to spare :P I really wish I had leveled her sooner - she is legit nuts. Hilariously the winning ability was Reciprocal Aid which allowed Marth to stay in tanking range after taking friggin three major hits and having like 4 hp leftover. Every time I tried to pull him away (which I could) everyone else would just get slaughtered. (it also helped that she did pretty decent damage to most of the units on that map - took about half their HP with Male Robin able to clean up the rest)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Spoit wrote: »
    Fuck it, I'm going to buy some orbs. Who knows when I'll get up to a 10% pull chance again.

I regret everything. All I got for 9 pulls was a +atk/-sped (23 at max!) 5* Nowi, and a neutral 3* nino

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

I regret everything. All I got for 9 pulls was a +atk/-sped (23 at max!) 5* Nowi, and a neutral 3* nino

5* anything is better than my pull :(

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Yeah when thinking about spending on this game, it helps to do some math beforehand and think hard about it. Often you can say ahead of time you'll have like a 30% chance of getting the focus hero you want, even with a sizeable purchase, and that's pretty hard to swallow.

Since this is Fire Emblem, we all remember how solid a 30% chance to hit can feel =P

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular

giphy.gif

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    In my case, if I ever feel like I absolutely have to buy orbs for whatever reason, it means I need to quit the game.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular

On the plus side, +ATK/-SPD isn't that bad for Nowi, since her speed was already so low she was going to get doubled by everyone important anyways, and you can throw QR on her for the guaranteed double counter.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Looks like in this update they're lowering the number of feathers the game lets you earn, and also implementing Arena rank loss that will cause ~30%-50% of players to drop ranks and receive even lower feather rewards. Of course, the top tier players will get even more feathers, plus orbs. Amazing.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    impfratzimpfratz Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Looks like in this update they're lowering the number of feathers the game lets you earn, and also implementing Arena rank loss that will cause ~30%-50% of players to drop ranks and receive even lower feather rewards. Of course, the top tier players will get even more feathers, plus orbs. Amazing.

maybe i'm just misreading this, but they're saying "Rank Rewards will change to Tier Rewards". i don't see any indication that the Offense Score Rewards or Defense Score Rewards have changed?

also, the lowest Rank Reward used to be 500 feathers for rank 50,000 - 100,000. under the new system, you can't get demoted below rank 7, which is 700 feathers and 1 orb?

maybe wait for the update to drop before saying the sky is falling?

EDIT: actually, now i'm not sure whether or not the Offense Score and Defense Score rewards are still in place. they're never directly mentioned in the patchnotes. if they're still in, then the vast majority of players will get more feathers per week.

c0wyt411xw5q.png

if i'm reading this right: for tiers 15 through 17, each week 50% of the players will be promoted a rank while only 30% will be demoted. for tiers 12-14, 50 to 55% will be promoted and only 25% demoted. the gap only grows as you go down in rank. the upshot is that the overwhelming majority of active players will end up rank 15 or above, for 1500 feathers and 3 orbs (previously, you had to get above rank 30,000 to get 1500 feathers; the majority of players got 1000 feathers or less).

we'll have to wait and see if the Offense and Defense rewards were changed, but if they're the same as before then most players will be getting an extra 1000 feathers and 3 orbs per week?

impfratz on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i wish i had a nowi, my tiki really needs lightning breath+ to kill green mages

green mages and reinhardt are my team's primary weaknesses

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »

On the plus side, +ATK/-SPD isn't that bad for Nowi, since her speed was already so low she was going to get doubled by everyone important anyways, and you can throw QR on her for the guaranteed double counter.

Traditionally, I think she's been running swordbreaker, to make sure that TA works properly (and I'm out of roys, so that's sad). The problem with QR is that you need a 5* unit to pass it. Maybe vantage? Though she's no hector or something, that might actually be able to OHKO on a first hit bait and counter

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

Well I mean you're not actually interested in doing anything that would result in helping you advancing in arena, so......

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Unless they've actually figured out how to properly balance the Arena when this goes into place (I don't think even the most optimistic players have much hope of that happening), even if I maximized my units into the best possible team I could deploy (let's even say exactly according to your wishes), I would just lose to players with either more luck or more money to spend. Maybe I would climb a few tiers? But still not have a shot at the actual good rewards. Which the top tiers will use to make even better teams to make it even less likely I will ever rise to their reward level (while still most likely being stomped by them due to bad match-making, or just near exact copies of them with slightly less luck).

It's actually more likely that, even if I do everything suggested, I just lose ranks, due to everyone else following roughly the same advice and having a 100% chance of having at least slightly better luck than me. Causing me to earn lower rewards, meaning I can't even improve my teams, meaning I either can't power up enough to gain ranks or, even worse, fall so far behind I continue to lose ranks even after the first settling phase.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I'm actually looking forward to the new arena, to be honest, as well as the new gauntlet mode. I have many characters ready to mix and match with!
    uuco4nng6f1f.jpg
    w3dn4sxtphm1.jpg
    72b6c5etnr5h.jpg

I play FE:Heroes like I do normal Fire Emblem - we move forward as a team, almost no one gets left behind! It just... takes... time to level everyone up, especially if they don't have the highest attack power...

I'm still leveling my Armour Emblem to be level 40 so that I can finish that May Quest for the training tower.

I'm not sure I'll be able to do it, to be honest, since I don't have a Hector or an Effie, but I'm going to try with Zephiel, Draug, and two Gwendolyns.

I also need to get around to figuring out which 3* units I should inherit from...

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    Jeeze that's a lot of 40s

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Jeeze that's a lot of 40s

Protip: Have a 10-14 month old. You'll naturally end up sleeping in 4 hour chunks anyway which is how long ~50 stamina takes to recover. :p

You'll be able to level all hours of the day! Except during work - but I commute in via bus, so can level up while I commute anyway...

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    I already miss the double SP event.

No kidding. On a whim I did a few green pulls on the hero fest banner yesterday and got a Hector. He's almost leveled up but has half the sp the other chars I leveled up have. The 1.5x xp seems kind of bad given that you'll end up with less SP but I suppose it's not all that much more grinding after you level.

Assuming you have a use for Nowi, like was said I think -spd is one of her better banes since she's slow anyway, and +atk is +atk.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    I'm actually looking forward to the new arena, to be honest, as well as the new gauntlet mode. I have many characters ready to mix and match with!

How in the world did you level 2 Ninan's to 40.

• Options
    edited May 2017

How in the world did you level 2 Ninan's to 40.

She's actually pretty tanky against red units, and hits moderately well back against infantry. I've also found that she's got enough health to stand one or two hits from axes. No wonder she's a highly regarded unit! I mean, she even dances on top of all that. So she's pretty easy to level compared to some others, tbh.

Hopefully they'll let me put two Ninians into the gauntlet, so that if one falls, I can use the other one.

Edit: I mean, obviously, don't match her against Falchions/Nagas, but against normal sword users, she's pretty sturdy.

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    I got a -atk one (+ res or def , I forget) which in the long run is a good IV I guess since she's mostly in the back, but since you can't dance her to speed it up, doesn't do much damage, and the training tower never seems to give me the colors I want she's kind of just sitting there in the 20s. Maybe I'll try to do it with the extra xp.

• Options
    I got a -atk one (+ res or def , I forget) which in the long run is a good IV I guess since she's mostly in the back, but since you can't dance her to speed it up, doesn't do much damage, and the training tower never seems to give me the colors I want she's kind of just sitting there in the 20s. Maybe I'll try to do it with the extra xp.

Oh yup. In that case, do you have any dagger users with poison dagger or staff users with pain?

You can use often use them to soften units up, and then move Ninian in for the killing blow.

• Options
    Ark EvensongArk Evensong The NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Note that if you unequip their dance/sing skill, they can receive a song/dance themselves. Not useful for normal play, but for leveling it can be handy.

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular

Traditionally, I think she's been running swordbreaker, to make sure that TA works properly (and I'm out of roys, so that's sad). The problem with QR is that you need a 5* unit to pass it. Maybe vantage? Though she's no hector or something, that might actually be able to OHKO on a first hit bait and counter

From what I've seen people either roll Fury / Swordbreaker or Triangle Adept / Quick Riposte, since either one allows her to beat falchion users safely. Running both TA / Swordbreaker is way overkill for solving that particular weakness. Also, I can speak from experience when I say QR2 from Subaki works fine for Nowi's combat purposes (even more so if you have a Ninian actually fortifying her, though that's by no means necessary). It will very marginally hurt your arena score for only being a lvl 2 skill instead of lvl 3, but if you're not a whale that shouldn't be a huge concern.

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular

QR 2 is good enough in most cases. My Nowi has TA and QR 2.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    If QR2 is good enough for Hector, it's good enough for anyone. (Also seriously, who has 20k feathers to blow on such a marginal improvement?)

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    So, just wondering, is the game still in maintenance? Cause that would explain why this update is downloaded but the app not starting.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Managed to pull a Hector before his recent banner expired. Now to hopefully amass more orbs for the new Tharja banner before it too expires...

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Yeah I've done fine with QR2 on everyone, QR1 isn't always quite sufficient because a Fury tick will drop you out of range.

Slow Nowis really benefit from Swordbreaker, +Speed Nowis have to weigh up if beating Lucina 100% of the time is worth missing out on QR's follow up attacks.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I was able to get a last minute clear on the lunatic Xander GHB. Team composition was Buncina (who KO'd three units and was able to tabk one shot from the green cavalry mage), Takumi (who killed the green mage with vantage and killed the healer), and two dancers. Surprisingly, Olivia was able to tank a hit from the blue lance infantry.

• Options
    Hmm... a Tharja banner.... they are going to get my hopes up and then give me garbage again, aren't they? (seriously though, I need a Tharja bad. I don't have any good Red Mages and I keep seeing strategies for maps that involve Tharja...)

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I woke up this morning and went to do a pull on the Hector banner only to realize that it's gone. Shoot. I had 21 orbs saved up for it too.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Also how long is the Arena down?

This discussion has been closed.