Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

For Sale: 2017 [Car thread] - No Rust! New Clutch! Blown Turbo!

19495969798100»

• chrishallett83chrishallett83 Hi! Registered User regular
    mRahmani wrote: »
    I've autocrossed a 650hp car, and if it's not "too much power," it's awfully close.

450-500 is the sweet spot imo.

500 wheel horsepower is about what I'd want in a Caterham, yes.

• MyDcmbrMyDcmbr Registered User regular
    I've autocrossed a 650hp car, and if it's not "too much power," it's awfully close.

This is madness!

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    A manual second gen NA Forester is my current practical dream car. Just so practical and way lighter, plus better visibility, than the third gen. Fourth gen spiced the model back up a bit though.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro Jack is back Time to let 'er ripRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    I would stay away from adding too much power to a ‘14 mustang. They are the last year with the solid axle and can be a real bear to drive when the numbers go up. I’d focus on exaust, tune, suspension and braking. That will maximize the fun.

Yeah I’m not planning on going crazy (yet?), I just want to put a little extra into it, show her that I'm thinking about her, ya know?

Orrrr trade that sucker in and have a car payment for another like 6 years, idk, it depends on the day how responsible I'm feeling

yegXk2N.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited December 7
    I've heard that Maximum Motorsports is one of the go to places for Mustang suspension stuff.

Cormac on
    Signature3.jpg
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | Destiny: Gridlynk | Battlefield 1: Gridlynk
    L Ron HowardForever Zefirochrishallett83
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard Registered User regular
    One thing you should also consider when modifying your car is that the mods don't add value. They retract value. Your car will be worth less.
    There's this STi that's been up for sale here for 2 or 3 years that is modified as all getout, that they're asking a ridiculous price because they've modded it to like 650 WHP.
    People want to buy the unmodified cars because a) they never know how shitty the last owner is and b) they want to modify it themselves.
    That's just something to be aware of.

Also, I completely forgot about Maximum Motorsports!

mRahmaniBouwsT
  • mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Yep, between a modified car and a stock one, I will almost always pay more for a stock one. The only exception is a build with lots of documentation or where I personally know the builder.

BouwsTL Ron Howardchrishallett83Casually Hardcorepimentowebguy20
    MyDcmbr wrote: »

This is madness!

What can I say? I'm Australian, we like having almost enough power. I want to put an LT5 in a Toyobaru GT86BRZ, remember? 750 flywheel horsepower and 715 ft/lb of torque in a 2700 pound car, what could possibly go wrong?

This is madness!

What can I say? I'm Australian, we like having almost enough power. I want to put an LT5 in a Toyobaru GT86BRZ, remember? 750 flywheel horsepower and 715 ft/lb of torque in a 2700 pound car, what could possibly go wrong?

It's not 1 HP per Lb

This is madness!

It's not 1 HP per Lb

My dreams have to be at least semi-realistic, I'll never have the budget for a custom built twin-turbo LT motor. So, the crate LT5 will have to do. Or what's actually even more likely, a crate LT376 (535 hp and 470 ft/lb).

This is madness!

It's not 1 HP per Lb

My dreams have to be at least semi-realistic, I'll never have the budget for a custom built twin-turbo LT motor. So, the crate LT5 will have to do. Or what's actually even more likely, a crate LT376 (535 hp and 470 ft/lb).

You should look into purchasing a jet turbine, is all I'm saying....

chrishallett83

This is madness!

It's not 1 HP per Lb

Chrysler tried that, remember?

This is madness!

It's not 1 HP per Lb

Everything I've read has said it would have worked well!

Also, this:

• m!ttensm!ttens Registered User regular

This is madness!

It's not 1 HP per Lb

Also, this:

As an aerospace engineer, I would love to drive something that spooled up like a jet engine or helicopter. :biggrin:

m!ttens wrote: »

This is madness!

It's not 1 HP per Lb

Also, this:

As an aerospace engineer, I would love to drive something that spooled up like a jet engine or helicopter. :biggrin:

So, an RX-7?

Mortal Sky
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Tonight I ended up having front row tickets to a stoplight drag between a Hyundai Tiburon GT and a Subaru BRZ. Now, the BRZ is quite a bit quicker than the Tiburon in any case, but I think everyone waiting at that light was surprised to hear a big 'ol turbo spool up from under the hood of that BRZ as it quickly put three or four car lengths between itself and the Tiburon.

[
    L Ron Howardchrishallett83davidsdurionsKrieghundSporkAndrewNaphtaliPeensponoBouwsT