As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

For Sale: 2017 [Car thread] - No Rust! New Clutch! Blown Turbo!

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Sweet, transmission getting fixed will cost less than a grand. I can live with that.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    And I was wrong. They have to replace the whole damned transmission. $1,800 doesnt sound unreasonable at least.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    $1800 for a whole transmission sounds very reasonable indeed.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    zWo23Hx.jpg

nice?

• MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Mama's don't let your babies not install rain rails...

uthapyrgdurb.jpg

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Weight reduction!

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    What are we looking at, exactly?

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    a Mazda?

• MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    What are we looking at, exactly?

1999 Mazda Miata parcel shelf bulkhead.

In related news, I got a new one of them, the fuel pump access panel, the small rear parcel shelf cover, the dust cover plate (in the trunk) all of which were rusted badly, and new carpet to go over everything for $96.30. :hydra:

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    The neighbors put a for sale sign in their '54 Chevy 3100 pick-up. It's pretty nicely maintained, yellow and white paintjob and all of the bits of brightwork seem to be in solid shape. No real details on the sign other than they want $25k for it. It has a single exhaust pipe out the back which makes me think it has the original I6.

I have no desire to buy a vehicle quite that old (I think my cut off is somewhere more like 1970) but I hope it goes to a good home, it's a cool truck.

Well, finally ordered tires. It'll be weird to have something other than my beloved Pilot Sports 3S on, but them's the breaks. Oh, also, new brake pads.

Well, finally ordered tires. It'll be weird to have something other than my beloved Pilot Sports 3S on, but them's the breaks. Oh, also, new brake pads.

What did you go with for tires?

Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I have been seeing a lot of Buick commercials lately because I have been watching a lot of Hulu and allow me to try to express how much I hate the way new Buicks look. They've managed to create an entire line of cars and SUVs with absolutely no discernable shape, they're just sort of blobby nothings. How did they make curves offensive? Everyone loves curves, curvy is usually an unambiguously good thing to be, but these cars are a mangy assembly of curved surfaces that offends me to my core.

Blobby nothings was basically the entirety of the global motor vehicle industry in the mid-late 90s, glad to see they're bringing it back.

• LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Just a bar of soap, rolling down the road.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Haven't seen a Buick in a while and wanted to see

0TjdpMR.png?1

I feel like my aspect ratio is squished horizontally

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Buick is chock full of the least inspired design imaginable.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    TourX is pretty neat though

I don't hate the new Regal GS but I also wouldn't call its styling inspired.

zuwsoxsznjfo.jpg

• BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    Gahd, that Cascada is like someone took the worst parts of an early 2000's Sebring and a Mid-Late 2000's Eclipse Spyder and designed a car around it.

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Someone forgot to replace their placeholder [Car] designs when making the final product.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    They look a lot like Opels. Like, I guarantee the Cascada and Encore are literally just rebadged Opels - we're getting the Encore here in Australia sold as the Trax. As well as the Insignia as the new Commodore.

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Yea I don't know how they're going to avoid designing cars now that GM has sold off Opel. Maybe they can buy Dawn..

pimento wrote: »
    Yea I don't know how they're going to avoid designing cars now that GM has sold off Opel. Maybe they can buy Dawn..

Didn't you hear? Like 25 people from Holden's design studio at the Elizabeth plant got to keep their jobs.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    the shop did a damn good job on the hitch install. It looks super clean and the wiring is properly done, which is always nice.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular

Didn't you hear? Like 25 people from Holden's design studio at the Elizabeth plant got to keep their jobs.

..Why? Who's going to make anything they design? I guess GM South Korea now that they're failed at shutting that down..?

..Why? Who's going to make anything they design? I guess GM South Korea now that they're failed at shutting that down..?

As I understand it, they just do general design work for the entirety of GM. Little bits and pieces here and there.

• mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Holden is still doing a lot of engineering and calibration work for GM, even if they don't directly manufacture their own vehicles anymore.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Now I don't like Golfs but this idea is amazing and I wish this was a regular thing:

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/08/15/2019-vw-golf-r-us-gets-40-spektrum-colors/

I just want an easy way to always get purple cars that doesn't involve spending a million dollars and having the car out of commission during the process.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    That's pretty cool, but it's too bad it's a special order only thing.

It's already a shame how most new cars come in like 7 to 10 colors, but actually finding one in a dealership in a color other than white, black, or one of 3 shades of grey, is like spotting a unicorn.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    That's pretty cool, but it's too bad it's a special order only thing.

It's already a shame how most new cars come in like 7 to 10 colors, but actually finding one in a dealership in a color other than white, black, or one of 3 shades of grey, is like spotting a unicorn.

Well it's 40 colors. It obviously has to be special order. They can't just have a fleet of all 40 colors waiting around at every dealership especially because the base colors will still be most popular so they need more of them for demand.

But the fact that it's an option is incredible.

Plus special ordering cars is the best! You get exactly what you want.

jgeis wrote: »
    I don't hate the new Regal GS but I also wouldn't call its styling inspired.

zuwsoxsznjfo.jpg

The GS seats have me contemplating this being my next car.

My main complaint is just how boring car colors are in general, and relegating all the cool colors to special order only doesn't do a lot to encourage or enable random folks to buy an awesome colored car, because the vast majority of folks are not going to custom order a vehicle.

Manufacturers, dealers, and car buyers all need to just live a little. Hyundai, for example, has this really cool surf blue color that's available on a lot of their cars, and when I was at the largest Hyundai dealer in the region recently I saw that color on exactly one car in their entire lot.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    My main complaint is just how boring car colors are in general, and relegating all the cool colors to special order only doesn't do a lot to encourage or enable random folks to buy an awesome colored car, because the vast majority of folks are not going to custom order a vehicle.

Manufacturers, dealers, and car buyers all need to just live a little. Hyundai, for example, has this really cool surf blue color that's available on a lot of their cars, and when I was at the largest Hyundai dealer in the region recently I saw that color on exactly one car in their entire lot.

yeah seriously. The new Kona has that rad neon color that exactly zero dealers with in a hundred miles purchased. Would you like your black, white, or gray car? :rotate:

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List

Understandable. But if the option is there anyone who really cares that much can do it. And if everyone else has boring colored cars still your exciting color stands out that much more!

Plus I don't really care about the option for a majority of folks. If the option is there and they don't want it that's fine. I just want the option to be available at all so people that do care can actually have non-boring cars for once. Most of the cool colors on cars are an option anyway that has an extra charge. Even if it's already sitting on the lot, it's an option that costs more money. So it's still not that different than what's going on here.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    you know my rio was red which at the time I wasn't a huge fan of.

But a year in my boring silver forte makes me kinda miss it.

Naphtali wrote: »

yeah seriously. The new Kona has that rad neon color that exactly zero dealers with in a hundred miles purchased. Would you like your black, white, or gray car? :rotate:

Yeah, the surf blue and neon green colors on the Kona are fantastic, but no dealers actually have them. Depsite those being the colors every car reviewer got.

Naphtali wrote: »

I did a quick search on cars.com and within 75 miles of Los Angeles there are less than 30 Konas with a paint job other than black/white/silver/gray. Out of nearly 500 Konas for sale out here.

There's also only 14 with AWD.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I have to go into the dealer for server next weekend, I'm gonna bitch at the sales department about their color choices :so_raven:

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
This discussion has been closed.