As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS EXTINCT! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    I fucking pisspounded a Renolock with Miracle mage last night.

He had buffed an Illidan to 10/7 and hit me in the face with it. Ow.

'I greet you.'

Turn 6 I was able to get it a freezing potion on it and drop my Emperor, and then he pulled his Kazakus potion and ends up with a full board of his Illidan, Azinoth flames, a 5/5 Demon from the potion and resurrected minions from the Kazakus potion.

'I greet you.'

He probably still thought I was Reno mage. I drop Auctioneer, Flamewaker, mirror image for free, arcane missles for free, freezing potion and double icelance his face for free, and just start cycling cards like crazy. Drop him from 30hps to 1, and his board is cleared except for a now 10/1 Illidan.

'Hello.'

He Renos. Expected. My emperor is still in play and has gone off again on the rest of my hand. Play the other flamewaker, thalnos, two sorcerer's apprentices, arcane intellect, and rev the spell engine again. End of turn, his board is clear and he's at 6 the turn after Reno.

'Hello.'

He conceeds.

'Hello.'

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Cog wrote: »
    I fucking pisspounded a Renolock with Miracle mage last night.

He had buffed an Illidan to 10/7 and hit me in the face with it. Ow.

'I greet you.'

Turn 6 I was able to get it a freezing potion on it and drop my Emperor, and then he pulled his Kazakus potion and ends up with a full board of his Illidan, Azinoth flames, a 5/5 Demon from the potion and resurrected minions from the Kazakus potion.

'I greet you.'

He probably still thought I was Reno mage. I drop Auctioneer, Flamewaker, mirror image for free, arcane missles for free, freezing potion and double icelance his face for free, and just start cycling cards like crazy. Drop him from 30hps to 1, and his board is cleared except for a now 10/1 Illidan.

'Hello.'

He Renos. Expected. My emperor is still in play and has gone off again on the rest of my hand. Play the other flamewaker, thalnos, two sorcerer's apprentices, arcane intellect, and rev the spell engine again. End of turn, his board is clear and he's at 6 the turn after Reno.

'Hello.'

He conceeds.

'Hello.'

Sic semper BMers

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Rogues should be immune when attacking with their hero power dagger. I'm sure that would take a lot of rebalacing of other cards, but thematically, they shouldn't be taking so much self inflicted damage. It doesn't step on mages' toes because it can be taunted, and it doesn't outclass druids because it can't be used defensively.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Rogues should be immune when attacking with their hero power dagger. I'm sure that would take a lot of rebalacing of other cards, but thematically, they shouldn't be taking so much self inflicted damage. It doesn't step on mages' toes because it can be taunted, and it doesn't outclass druids because it can't be used defensively.

Holy shit that would be so broken.

• Options

This is crazy talk.

• Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular

I think it really fits with Rogues ability to backstab and be shadowy assassins! I like it from a thematic viewpoint but I guess it might be kind of bonkers gameplay wise...

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Howso? That sounds like a good way of letting rogues do something other than miracle without needing healbot to not die.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Would someone who's bored/willing to do the dirty work go through TGT, LOE, and BRM and post all the cards relevant to the meta that are rotating out? I might do it later today if I finish my work, just for reference.

Here are the constructed relevant cards in no particular order. Arena loses a lot more, but that's a given.

I also put some honorable mentions in parentheses at the end, those are either cards that were meta-relevant at some point but aren't right now or they enable certain deck archetypes that aren't in the meta right now but could be a thing if they get more support.

Druid: Raven Idol, Living Roots, Mulch, Aviana, (Darnassus Aspirant, Astral Communion, Savage Combatant)
    Hunter: Quick Shot, (Desert Camel, Lock&Load, Ram Wrangler, Kings Elekk, Bear Trap, Acidmaw/Dreadscale, Power Shot)
    Mage: Arcane Blast, Rhonin, Flamewaker, Forgotten Torch, Ethereal Conjurer, (Effigy, Spellslinger, Coldarra Drake)
    Paladin: Keeper of Uldaman, Anyfin, Solemn Vigil, (Mysterious Challenger, Murloc Knight, Dragon Consort, Eadric)
    Priest: Flash Heal, Wyrmrest Agent, Twilight Whelp, Resurrect, Museum Curator, Entomb, Excavated Evil, (Paletress)
    Rogue: Tomb Pillager, Burgle (Gang Up, Unearthed Raptor, Anubarak, Beneath the Grounds)
    Shaman: Tunnel Trogg, Totem Golem, Thunderbluff Valiant, Elemental Destruction, Healing Wave, (Lava Shock, Tuskarr Totemic, Ancestral Knowledge)
    Warlock: Dark Peddler, Imp Gang Boss, Demon Wrath, (Dreadsteed, Fist of Jaraxxus)
    Warrior: Alex' Champion, Bash, Revenge, Fierce Monkey (Cursed Blade, Varian Wrynn, a lot of taunt synergy)

Neutral: Way too many to count right now.

Grobian on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I am already mourning arcane blast and flamewaker. Along with the fucking weird ice lance decision. Mage better get some neat shit.

Cog on
  • Options

Howso? That sounds like a good way of letting rogues do something other than miracle without needing healbot to not die.

Because going by Gladiator's Longbow, just getting "immune when attacking" is a 2 mana effect on its own, without the mana costs associated with equipping a weapon or being a hero power (which are more expensive than their card analogues).

Consider it this way: Druid gives you +1 attack, and also +1 armor, for 1 turn. Rogue gives you 2 turns of +1 attack, and then would also give you immune when attacking on both of those turns (better than +1 armor in any case where you are attacking a minion).

It is in no way balanced.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Rogue already has the second best hero power for most of the game, we don't need another hero power to be as good as lifetap. However, Rogue should get a weapon like Gladiator's Longbow that doesn't suck.

Coinage on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Question: why are we pricing effects from the sample size of a single card that has never been played competitively?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Question: why are we pricing effects from the sample size of a single card that has never been played competitively?

Total lack of comparable examples?

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Also there is the fact that the rogue hero power is a weapon and not just attack rating like druid. Therefore it can be affected by cards that upgrade weapons. That would mean they could take down bigger minions for little investment. Deadly poison is still a thing. Hero power, 2x Poison, kill a 7 5 health minion without taking damage. Twice.

No fucking thanks.

EDIT: Math is hard

Cog on
  • Options

Violet_Illusionist%2842060%29.png

• Options
    I am already mourning arcane blast and flamewaker. Along with the fucking weird ice lance decision. Mage better get some neat shit.

I mean, all the classes are losing a lot. The two classes that look like they make out ok just don't have anything to lose really. Hunter has no meta-relevant cards because it's complete shit tier and Paladin loses their only deck with a single card.

Warrior has probably the best deal from the list above? Everyone loses Dragon decks, but some sort of Tempo Warrior (w/ Pirates) will probably survive and Malkorok gets buffed by the Cursed Blade rotation. Rogue is also a contender, only losing Tomb Pillager (although I'd argue that it's super important).

• Options

We don't even need examples we just need HEY LETS NOT GIVE A CLASS A HERO POWER THAT INCLUDES DAMAGE IMMUNITY

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »

Violet_Illusionist%2842060%29.png

Minions and spells and weapons are not costed similarly at all. It's why I didn't include Bestial Wrath, Stable whatever her name is, or Ice Block.

• Options
    Grobian wrote: »

I mean, all the classes are losing a lot. The two classes that look like they make out ok just don't have anything to lose really. Hunter has no meta-relevant cards because it's complete shit tier and Paladin loses their only deck with a single card.

Warrior has probably the best deal from the list above? Everyone loses Dragon decks, but some sort of Tempo Warrior (w/ Pirates) will probably survive and Malkorok gets buffed by the Cursed Blade rotation. Rogue is also a contender, only losing Tomb Pillager (although I'd argue that it's super important).

Yes, but I don't care about those classes. :razz:

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Grobian wrote: »
    Would someone who's bored/willing to do the dirty work go through TGT, LOE, and BRM and post all the cards relevant to the meta that are rotating out? I might do it later today if I finish my work, just for reference.

Here are the constructed relevant cards in no particular order. Arena loses a lot more, but that's a given.

I also put some honorable mentions in parentheses at the end, those are either cards that were meta-relevant at some point but aren't right now or they enable certain deck archetypes that aren't in the meta right now but could be a thing if they get more support.

Druid: Raven Idol, Living Roots, Mulch, Aviana, (Darnassus Aspirant, Astral Communion, Savage Combatant)
    Hunter: Quick Shot, (Desert Camel, Lock&Load, Ram Wrangler, Kings Elekk, Bear Trap, Acidmaw/Dreadscale, Power Shot)
    Mage: Arcane Blast, Rhonin, Flamewaker, Forgotten Torch, Ethereal Conjurer, (Effigy, Spellslinger, Coldarra Drake)
    Paladin: Keeper of Uldaman, Anyfin, Solemn Vigil, (Mysterious Challenger, Murloc Knight, Dragon Consort, Eadric)
    Priest: Flash Heal, Wyrmrest Agent, Twilight Whelp, Resurrect, Museum Curator, Entomb, Excavated Evil, (Paletress)
    Rogue: Tomb Pillager, Burgle (Gang Up, Unearthed Raptor, Anubarak, Beneath the Grounds)
    Shaman: Tunnel Trogg, Totem Golem, Thunderbluff Valiant, Elemental Destruction, Healing Wave, (Lava Shock, Tuskarr Totemic, Ancestral Knowledge)
    Warlock: Dark Peddler, Imp Gang Boss, Demon Wrath, (Dreadsteed, Fist of Jaraxxus)
    Warrior: Alex' Champion, Bash, Revenge, Fierce Monkey (Cursed Blade, Varian Wrynn, a lot of taunt synergy)

Neutral: Way too many to count right now.

Ok, adding neutral cards, because they aren't so many after all:

Dragon stuff: Blackwing Technician, Dragonkin Sorcerer, Blackwing Corrupter, Drakonid Crusher, Twilight Guardian, Chillmaw
    Legendaries: Emperor Thaurissan, Finley, Brann, Elise, Reno, Justicar
    Other: Djinni, Dragon Egg, Jeweled Scarab, Flame Juggler, Huge Toad, Argent Horserider, Lance Carrier, Refreshment Vendor

Honorable Mentions: Majordomo, Gormok, Skycapn, Frost Giant, Grim Patron

Grobian on
  • Options
    Dragon Decks in general get hurt a bit.

It's really weird that stuff as far back as Blackwing and as recent as LoE are going.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I'm really going to miss dragon decks. Especially my pirate dragon warrior deck that seemingly confuses the hell out of my opponents.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options

It's really weird that stuff as far back as Blackwing and as recent as LoE are going.

They're losing 3 of their strongest core cards (Twilight Guardian, Blackwing Corrupter, and Azure Drake), as well as Brann and Chillmaw. Priest also loses a very important 1 drop and 2 drop.

There will probably be some kind of Dragon Priest shell still due to the strength of Plot Twist! and SECRET AGENT COMING THROUGH but nothing like there is now.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    @Gorbian beat me to it. Thanks dude!

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I'm slightly surprised that Brann doesn't get as much hate as I thought he would. There's an absolute tonne of battlecries that when doubled up break a significant amount balance. Anything with any kind of card draw (including Kazakus), and the battlecry effects of some jade cards are infuriating when coupled with Brann.

Is Pirate Warrior losing anything significant? The only thing off the top of my head is Finley. I'm pretty sure the rest of the deck remains intact. The next expansion is going to be pretty pointless if Pirates continue to dominate (the crab doesn't count).

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I'm going to miss Everyfin is Awesome.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular

That was the problem with the first standard rotation, it didn't take enough out, so now when a good amount of content is being removed it seems like a lot more. Yeah we got rid of shredder and haunted creeper and such but it's nowhere near the changes we'll see in April

BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Brann also enables combo synergy that makes a lot of combo/control decks viable. I think Brann and Emperor are the two I'll miss the most.

Reno and Finley can go to hell. Along with Trogg and Totem Golem.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    I'm slightly surprised that Brann doesn't get as much hate as I thought he would. There's an absolute tonne of battlecries that when doubled up break a significant amount balance. Anything with any kind of card draw (including Kazakus), and the battlecry effects of some jade cards are infuriating when coupled with Brann.

Is Pirate Warrior losing anything significant? The only thing off the top of my head is Finley. I'm pretty sure the rest of the deck remains intact. The next expansion is going to be pretty pointless if Pirates continue to dominate (the crab doesn't count).

I was thinking the same thing when going through that list. Pirate Warrior is going to still be the same especially since my own creation doesn't use Finley at the moment and still works.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20626039/e-malones-journal-week-three-3-21-2017

New murloc cards. Shaman gets murloc leggo!

YPF4L4X3X5HI1490032512884.png

And murloc quest!

W7U2CQB8XKYF1490033797387.png

djFindus on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    djFindus wrote: »

New Currds:
    Primalfin Lookout - 3 Mana Neutral 3/2 Murloc
    Text: If you control another Murloc, discover a Murloc.

Unite the Murlocs
    - 1 Mana Shaman Legendary Quest
    Text: Summon 10 Murlocs, Reward: Megafin.

Megafin: 5 Mana Shaman Legendary 8/8 Murloc
    Text: Fill your hand with random Murlocs.

Now I really miss Everyfin is Awesome.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Neptulon 2: Electric Boogaloo

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Ha the shaman quest is going to be murlocs, the forced archetype continues, how long it's finja around for?

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    The dino that Adapts all Murlocs just got itself a deck to fit into.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    I just watched the cute little vignette for the hapless adventurer guy and it would be much more rewarding if they actually showed the cards at the end of the video instead of putting it on some random website I can't see at work.

BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • Options
    I just watched the cute little vignette for the hapless adventurer guy and it would be much more rewarding if they actually showed the cards at the end of the video instead of putting it on some random website I can't see at work.

That's why I've been trying to translate them to text for those of us who are image blocked.

• Options

Basically Finley. We're stuck with Pirate warrior for a long fucking time.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Basically Finley. We're stuck with Pirate warrior for a long fucking time.

It's OK, we have a crab that eats Pirates now. Everything is fixed!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind that after the meta is "solved" that Pirates were still relevant. What I would really really mind, is if they completely ruin the transition of the standard cycle and introduction of new cards. That's honestly the best time to play HearthStone and for them to screw that up would suck.

KoopahTroopah on