As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Does this syandana make my ass look fat?

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    The anniversary is waiting for consoles or going at the same time?

Same time.

In fact, if I understand the announcement right, it should have already started for console players.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Nips wrote: »
    omg... I'm assuming they give you more to rescue at a time with a large group? I got bored at 15, and it just started doing groups of 3...

You eventually get up to two groups of 4+ at a go. The time from 0-30 feels really slow, but the time from 30-80+ picks up.

Keep in mind, however, that those 80+ rescue runs do end up taking 45+ minutes each. 100+ rescues starts pushing toward an hour. This was/is a pretty time-intensive event, especially if you're grinding to get the personal rewards. The clan stuff just needs (each of) you to have a single good Tier 3 mission though, so if the Tier 3 personal reward isn't interesting to you (Harkonar Cloak (kinda not a cloak) and chest armor) you can just aim for one good Tier 3 run and be done with it.

Yeah, the run started solo pub. Second run had people, got my 75 there to do the second set, which is 250 mans... D:

Do you have to clear 2000 on the third difficulty mission?

edit: keep getting bounced out of matches due to connection losses or something, so I had to stop before I could even start! lol

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    The lack of self damage was the main reason I even used the Tonkor. Literally never touched the Penta since its release. Is it so game breaking to have a fun launcher that isn't also a suicide pact?

Now I gotta go slam my dick in a door farm Index for Tether Grenades, until DE figures out how to add self damage back on that too.

@DivideByZero , I am so sorry:
    Fixed the Tether Grenade Mod for the Penta cancelling Self Damage.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    The Mail that gives you the free forma for nerfed weapons are kinda amusing:

For the Tonkor, from Darvo:
    Darvo wrote:
    Surprise! Clem tweaked your Tonkor! I think he said something about teaching you respect for explosives. but, I mean, who knows what this guy's saying half the time?

Anyway, he's inspired me to help you too. Here's a Forma I sourced from one of my totally legitimate suppliers.

Your Friend,
    Darvo

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    CAPTURA MODE

Show off your favorite Warframe and Fashion Frame with the new Captura feature. Use a vast array of tools to compose the perfect shot. Choose your favorite location, spawn in enemies, slow down or speed up time and compose a stunning photograph. Add more depth to your composition with dozens of filters, special effects and graphic options.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Fashionframe 2.0

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    14 billion crewmen dead. If we applied real population dynamics I wonder how large the system population would have to be to absorb those kinds of casualties.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »

Updated thread title to reflect this

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    The lack of self damage was the main reason I even used the Tonkor. Literally never touched the Penta since its release. Is it so game breaking to have a fun launcher that isn't also a suicide pact?

Now I gotta go slam my dick in a door farm Index for Tether Grenades, until DE figures out how to add self damage back on that too.

DivideByZero , I am so sorry:

Super glad I only played one round of Index last night and didn't get it, then.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled table flipping.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    So, just finished the new quest.

Just a forewarning, be prepared for lots of
    Sentients on the 3rd and 4th mission. Good news is that they have the same drops as normal, so if you're prepared, you can kill a bunch of them for their stuff. Got a War blade doing that.

Also, when the quest has you go back to the relay, I'd bring Zephyr or Titania if you're not someone who's very good at platforming.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

GOD DAMNIT FECKING HELL. :mad:

I literally spent ten hours this week grinding the Index to get tether grenades, then another however long plus a potato to get my Secure Penta to 30 and ready to take the Tonkor's user-safe explosives spot in my armament.

I cannot express how pissed I am right now.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

I literally spent ten hours this week grinding the Index to get tether grenades, then another however long plus a potato to get my Secure Penta to 30 and ready to take the Tonkor's user-safe explosives spot in my armament.

Time to start grinding Void Sabotages for Terminal Velocity!

• Options
    Only one solution. Go Kulstar and play unsafe.

...or be boring and use a maxspread shotgun.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Tether Grenade Penta is still probably the safest explosive weapon. Since it will pass through enemies, you don't have to worry about the old "bounced a 'nade off a Grineer's face to blow it up in my face," fun of the Penta.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    My stars, that is quite the update, innit?

And Octavia looks most funky.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options

Unfortunately, all signs point to DE not wanting there to be any such thing. :/

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    @Darmak , you going to be playing this evening? I'll wait to do the quest if you promise we can make out after.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Only one solution. Go Kulstar and play unsafe.

...or be boring and use a maxspread shotgun.

Boooooooth. Both. Booooth.

• Options
    Octavia's Anthem is the weirdest quest.

• Options
    I keep getting my ass kicked by the (spoilers) on Lua. I tried teaming up with some people earlier, but even though they said they were on the same stage, we couldn't start it, nor could they invite from within. I really hope it's not forced-solo.

• Options
    That was a really cool quest, and I'm liking Octavia so far. Her abilities are weird but then I like weird so

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I keep getting my ass kicked by the (spoilers) on Lua. I tried teaming up with some people earlier, but even though they said they were on the same stage, we couldn't start it, nor could they invite from within. I really hope it's not forced-solo.
    Limbo equipped with kulstar+braton prime allowed me to dispatch them pretty effectively. Limbos ability to riftwalk at a whim protects you from everything but sentient melee and allows your shield recharge to recover.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Limbo equipped with kulstar+braton prime allowed me to dispatch them pretty effectively. Limbos ability to riftwalk at a whim protects you from everything but sentient melee and allows your shield recharge to recover.

I'm pretty sure the missions are forced-solo. Also, in addition to Fiendishrabbit's suggestions,
    You probably already know this, but it's always worth repeating that it's best to bring weapons with different elemental damage types on them. For example, my primary does corrosive and blast damage, my secondaries typically do radiation and viral, and my melee will do gas and magnetic. Use one until the resistance icon shows up on the sentient, then swap to another weapon. Another tactic is to use a weapon you can use to one-shot the sentients, like the Hek. If you are somehow unable to defeat the sentients in a timely manner and they're resisting everything, remember that you can hop out of your warframe and use your operator's void beam to not only strip the sentient entirely of all of it's resistances, but it also stuns and deals a good amount of damage to the sentients (I was able to kill quite a few using only the void beam).

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    So if I got this right, did DE just ruin my favorit shotgun the tonkor?

And for sentinernerenreres you can easly pick them off as Ivara with a dread, just guid the arrow into their face for that sweet sweet red crit!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    This new UI pretty much made it completely unplayable for me. It's supposed to be scaled to be tolerable @ 4k, but cranking up the downsampling as far as it can go...... http://steamcommunity.com/id/Spoit/screenshot/91602195875261724 The main UI elements are still OMGHUEG. but the actually scaling elements are still unreadably small. A complete failure all around!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    They are just putting the mini back in minimap Spoit! =D

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Oh no, that part is normal (but supposedly what the changes were trying to fix). I'm talking about the main HUD elements in the middle, which is like 5x the size it used to be. It's like...did they test this at 1080p at all? The map can't even fit the current (3 stage) quest on a single screen without zooming! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=890692353

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hum yeah true! The map just looked so tiny on first glanze!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Pacifism Defect:
    Do I have to hit 2000 points on part 3 to contribute? And if my clan got a prize, did I need to contribute to get it?

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Pacifism Defect:
    Do I have to hit 2000 points on part 3 to contribute? And if my clan got a prize, did I need to contribute to get it?

I do not believe so, no. The 2000 points is just for the last Harkonar Wraith armor bits, but whatever your highest score is while running part 3 will contribute towards your clan's ranking (which is how you get the Ignis Wraith). And you could be afk all day erryday and never touch the event, as long as the rest of your clanmates pick up your slack and earn enough points to get the reward, and you'll get it too.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    The problem is that there's, like, three of them and one of me, and it seems I'm not fast enough at changing weapons, breaking LOS, etc - I burn through my four revives and then I'm done.
    I finally got past the Lua mission, now I'm in the void, and I'm about to throw my monitor out a window in frustration.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    The problem is that there's, like, three of them and one of me, and it seems I'm not fast enough at changing weapons, breaking LOS, etc - I burn through my four revives and then I'm done.
    I finally got past the Lua mission, now I'm in the void, and I'm about to throw my monitor out a window in frustration.

Then get the Hek and mod it up like mine and kill them in one or two shots (or whatever weapon you might have that deals huge sums of damage in one or two shots), which makes it much easier. Use Inaros as well since he's got a ton of health and is hard to kill.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I was using the (Vaykor) Hek, but it wasn't enough to one-shot them; I kept having to finish them off with melee or whatever, and while I was doing that his three or four or five buddies were...

Anyway, I finally got past it by cheesing the hell out of it; I brought my own team, in the form of Clem and every pet and specter I had.

• Options
    Yeah, I was using the (Vaykor) Hek, but it wasn't enough to one-shot them; I kept having to finish them off with melee or whatever, and while I was doing that his three or four or five buddies were...

Anyway, I finally got past it by cheesing the hell out of it; I brought my own team, in the form of Clem and every pet and specter I had.

Clem is the way and the light

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    He's a special guy, you know?

5F28A36B7BCF0DA92C43C36C4124C10B169CB9B5

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    So regarding the new quest, was I the only one that felt that
    the final mission had it way too easy to fall off the platforms, especially on the third set of notes?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

Oh no, that part is normal (but supposedly what the changes were trying to fix). I'm talking about the main HUD elements in the middle, which is like 5x the size it used to be. It's like...did they test this at 1080p at all? The map can't even fit the current (3 stage) quest on a single screen without zooming! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=890692353

Yeah this UI is all kinds of fucked. I feel like I'm playing at 800x640.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    the final mission had it way too easy to fall off the platforms, especially on the third set of notes?
    It's not like you fail for doing so though...

• Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    It's not like you fail for doing so though...
    I only fell off a couple of times, and that's because I was trying to shoot the sentients while bullet jumping over the platforms. It was pretty easy overall, and I thought it was rather cool

JtgVX0H.png
This discussion has been closed.