As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Principal Honey has outlawed all fun in the [RIVERDALE] thread.

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Dug this episode. Also, that's a deep cut Duran Duran song to cover.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I keep forgetting how jacked Kevin actually is.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2018
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I keep forgetting how jacked Kevin actually is.

In the words of @Rorshach Kringle

Never underestimate how hot someone is on a CW show.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Every boy in this show is so smooth and unblemished.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I’ve been losing interest in this show of late

I’m halfway through last night’s

The out of control toxic masculinity in this ep is not helping

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I'm halfwayish through now and I'm expecting a literal pissing contest before the end

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    http://www.vulture.com/2018/01/riverdale-is-doing-a-carrie-the-musical-musical-episode.html

They're doing a musical episode centered around Kevin directing a school production of the famously disastrous Carrie: the Musical

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    But are they all going to laugh at him?

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

Not like the show hasn't had toxic feminity... (Is that a thing?)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

One's a teenager and one needs to assert dominance over a teenager, both are in a soap opera. I mean, toxic masculinity is written on the tin.

Betty
    So... Chic isn't showing Betty how to be a camgirl, is he? She's fifteen.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

One's a teenager and one needs to assert dominance over a teenager, both are in a soap opera. I mean, toxic masculinity is written on the tin.

Betty
    So... Chic isn't showing Betty how to be a camgirl, is he? She's fifteen.

Another case of the show really needing to have made them older

A lot of the stories feel gross at their age

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    A lot of the stories feel gross at their age

I'm 99% sure it's intentional. Yeah, it's uncomfortable to see stuff like
    a 15 year old woman becoming a Webcam model
    but the point is they took what was (before this show, at least) the perfect portrayal of small-town America and shown that shit happens even there, whether you wanna acknowledge it or not

• Options
    Not sure how I feel about the path this episode is heading down regarding how it portrays sex workers, compared to the previous one.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Am I the only one bothered by the fact that Chick looks so much like Dave Franco?

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    So... like, I have been having trouble caring about this show for the last couple episodes, despite loving earlier episodes.

Question: has anyone seen Archie with the FBI guy? Those scenes are just so incongruous; I almost think that the FBI spook is a figment of Archie's imagination. Like, why would any federal agent base a case on Stupid Sexy Archie, a high school student whose main talents are Flying Off The Handle and being Sometimes Shirtless.

It would make more sense if he were the embodiment of Archie's guilt over the fact that he thinks the wrong man got killed in the Black Hood incident and anger that his girlfriend's dad is trying to freeze him out.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    So... like, I have been having trouble caring about this show for the last couple episodes, despite loving earlier episodes.

Question: has anyone seen Archie with the FBI guy? Those scenes are just so incongruous; I almost think that the FBI spook is a figment of Archie's imagination. Like, why would any federal agent base a case on Stupid Sexy Archie, a high school student whose main talents are Flying Off The Handle and being Sometimes Shirtless.

It would make more sense if he were the embodiment of Archie's guilt over the fact that he thinks the wrong man got killed in the Black Hood incident and anger that his girlfriend's dad is trying to freeze him out.

It's common consensus that S2 is much weaker than 1.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    The showrunner did this episode, so it's better written, but the key beats are still a mess. I do not like what they've done to Jughead.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Oh Archie.

Oh stupid, sexy, Archie.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    uhhhhh

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    That ending was pure Riverdale and I loved it

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I think Archie is actually getting dumber the stronger and sexier he becomes.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Well, I saw that coming, at least.
    That FBI agent was shadier than Cooper. I didn't expect Dona Lodge, though.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Fuckin' CALLED IT.
    Well almost. I figured the FBI agent was legit but on Hiram's payroll, not one of Hermione's Capos.

Table setting episode, but I really liked it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Huh
    I thought for sure the FBI dude wasn't real, but then he showed up at the kitchen table. Thought he'd been working for one of the Lodge competitors though, so Hermione was a real surprise.

Question remains though, is that Chekov's Archery, or just Cheryl being great as always?

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    not sexy enough

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    not sexy enough

It's got a 12 pack under the fur

• Options
    With all the Greendale name dropping in Riverdale this season, no way we're not getting a crossover.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

Miranda Otto cast as Aunt Zelda, Lucy Davis (Etta Candy in Wonder Woman) is Aunt Hilda

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    lucy davis is amazing in everything so this news rules

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    That's god-tier casting.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I don't know who those people are.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Here's Madame Satan:
    330px-Michelle_Gomez_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I don't know who those people are.

"No man can kill me"
    "I AM NO MAN"

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    ...that makes me think of Buffy? And Gargoyles, for some reason.

Macbeth, right.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options

Macbeth, right.

The Return of the King. She was Eowyn.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Macbeth, right.

That scene was a direct lift from Macbeth, though.

• Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Macbeth, right.

That scene was a direct lift from Macbeth, though.

I honestly didn't know that.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    How has this show not brought Andrew Keegan on as FP's brother or something

• Options
    I just want Neve Campbell as Jughead's Mom. It'll never happen, but it'd be pretty sweet.

sig.gif