As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Principal Honey has outlawed all fun in the [RIVERDALE] thread.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    That ending was a not unexpected fart.

Also I'm really not digging the light in which this show portrays sex workers.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »
    Yeah, this show definitely would have benefited from being another mid-season replacement instead of a full season.

It was never bad, but there was a lot more meandering than there needed to be.

The musical episode was pretty bad.
    But we needed to kill the one unabashedly happy girl in the show!

Also, I'm not a fan of musicals so I generally ignored the singing parts.

sig.gif
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I will agree that nothing that happened this season has me super jazzed for next season. The big ending cliffhanger didn't do much for me at all.

I will agree that nothing that happened this season has me super jazzed for next season. The big ending cliffhanger didn't do much for me at all.
    Veronica owning/running a speakeasy is kind of hilarious though.

And I am curious as to how the Blossom Brothel will thrive.

sig.gif
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

She's like 17!!!! You can't do that!

She's like 17!!!! You can't do that!
    If Betty gets to be a sex worker, and both Jughead and Archie run gangs at various points, Veronica can own a bar.

sig.gif
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm catching up.

It's much better in a large chunk than it would have been weekly.

In hindsight it's better than I give it credit for. I think, enter the first season benefited from the slow weekly burn due to being condensed, the second season suffered.

Nobody wants to wait a week for a filler episode.

The Tales episode was probably the best one of the entire season though. You know, the one that was split into three separate stories.

sig.gif
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    DhxiDyiV4AAgiIG?format=jpg

wVEsyIc.png
    Based on that poster, Sabrina is Salem, CONFIRMED.

sig.gif
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I grew bored enough with the last season of Riverdale that I think I’m dropping it, but I’m definitely looking forward to Sabrina

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I dropped off back on episode 15, but just watched the remaining 7 episodes in two days. That definitely helped with all the filler. There were like 29 plots going in at once and then they all just got resolved to focus on the main stuff.

I didn't check out Kevin's Instagram, though!

I did check out Kevin's dad's instagram

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Season 3 teaser near the last minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUVSZCuTeeY

I guess we're The Witch now.
    (no Kiernan Shipka, sorry. :( )

wVEsyIc.png
    So with the release of the S2 season set, there's a few deleted scenes. Insider has the breakdown.

Personal fave?
    Riverdale moms Alice, Penelope, and Hermione are not friends, but one deleted scene puts them together for a tea hosted by Hermione.

The Lodge matriarch gathers the mothers to talk about the threat of the Black Hood and the Southside.

"We need to present a united front," Hermione says.

When Alice asks what she really wants, Hermione responds that she wants "their voices" at the mayor's town hall.
    I would have loved to have seen that, everyone giving everyone else the evil eye. The thinly-veiled hate (or not, in Alice's case) would have been fantastic.

sig.gif

What the fuck?

I mean, I'm in but... What the fuck?

What the fuck?

I mean, I'm in but... What the fuck?
    Classic Riverdale.

sig.gif
    edited August 2018
    Also:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BmW2HfxB8Cm
    129J3yT.png

(Kiernan Shipka with Camila Mendes and some other guy I don't recognize.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    Can we get some Sabrina love in the thread title, or does this need a new thread?

New images:

sabrina2_embed.jpg
    sabrina_embed.jpg
    Yay, we're getting THAT scene.

wVEsyIc.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Can we get some Sabrina love in the thread title, or does this need a new thread?

I'll update the thread title once October hits.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I am so ready.

So ready.

SO READY.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    just decided to read through the first few pages of the thread for kicks

this post is extra hilarious considering where we're at now
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Calling Hal a scumbag seems premature

I haven't watched episode 3 yet so I dunno if thats where his true colors shine but so far he seems like a dude who is in a unhappy marriage with a terrible woman and is a total pushover

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Well, he kind of was.
    Until he unleashed The True Darkness(tm).

sig.gif
    edited September 2018
    Who wants some RAMPANT SPECULATION.

kiernanshipka
    You don’t even wanna know...

Sorce on
    sig.gif
    edited September 2018
    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    I need Skeet Ulrich to be in every interview moving forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXZNS1WtWtI

Season 3 starts Wednesday, in case anyone didn't know.

wVEsyIc.png
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Skeet Ulrich gets sexier every time I see him.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Now there's a sentence I want to frame and send back in time

Hey!

He was totally on the inside of my locker during high school. Along with Will Smith and Bruce Willis.

Gladys and Jellybean Jones have been cast for S3.

sig.gif
    What in the fresh hell was that?

wVEsyIc.png
    CJ.

Nobody else has seen it yet. Gimme line two days and I'll gossip with you.

CJ.

Nobody else has seen it yet. Gimme line two days and I'll gossip with you.

I can't be the only east coaster on the board.

wVEsyIc.png
    It is possible that you're the only one watching it live, dear.

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    man, even for Riverdale they came out swinging

YaYa wrote: »
    man, even for Riverdale they came out swinging

Yeah, I was about to check out, but then that ending.

wVEsyIc.png
    That premiere wasn't just Riverdale, that premiere was RIVERDALE. All caps.

sig.gif
    Fuck! I wish I watched this last night!