As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PODCAST thread: it's like Taco Bell on your wedding day.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    luke could just like

have ashley watch the portable ops cutscenes on youtube

Watch a video and then discuss it? I dunno if Luke and Ashley can really make that sort of thing work.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    metal gear rising has some stuff about memes being passed from person to person, the great "-isms" and whatnot, and also some stuff about whether or not it's possible to turn away from your past

it's a way shorter game, though, so you don't really get all the development the longer ones get

also it's basically just an appendix to MGS2's MEME anyhow, except writ large to consider philosophies

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Portable ops reveals who the Patriots are you can't just discount it because mgs4 repeats it!!!

PNk1Ml4.png
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Revengeance has a theme and that theme is CUT AND TAKE, and the ethics and consequences thereof

PNk1Ml4.png
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Australia thread, explain this to me.

http://www.thedoughnutbar.com.au/

I thought America had the market cornered on combining multiple types of unhealthy food into one incredibly unhealthy superfood.

Hello let me introduce you to http://gourdoughs.com/public-house-south-lamar where even the salads come with a garlic doughnut.

• DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Are there any good DnD (or general RPG) dungeon design podcasts? I know there's plenty of actual play podcasts, and some that are focused on either general tips or larger scope stuff, but haven't found any on designing dungeons

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    DrDinosaur wrote: »
    Are there any good DnD (or general RPG) dungeon design podcasts? I know there's plenty of actual play podcasts, and some that are focused on either general tips or larger scope stuff, but haven't found any on designing dungeons

I'm not sure of actual dungeon design but @DaMoonRulz does a show where he interviews DMs about their DMing styles

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The Giant Bomb East trio's sheer delight when basically anything happens in Yakuza 0 is so infectious

6F32U1X.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    me 'n ashley started our metal gear series!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW4pUtEixwY

I don't know what you used to stream when recording, but I hear https://beam.pro/ has a shorter stream delay than Twitch.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I'm glad that the dollop is now using Don't Talk To The White as an ongoing motto

Hey the McElroys got out a mbmbam on Monday morning!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    I've missed the McElroys' Monday Morning MBMBaMs

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Didn't like this episode, felt like griffin was being kind of a dick?

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I can't believe I sided with travis in the spoiler debate

I can't believe I sided with travis in the spoiler debate

yeah I was surprised Griff and Justin were so hard line on that

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Hey podcast thread.

I'm the new Darksheer.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    if speed tries to duck on telling you about Revengeance i will bully my way in and take over

liEt3nH.png
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    this CBB is a bit of a dud

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Games journalism is getting a lot better in this new generation.

• replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I can finally get caught up on my podcasts today, so here's the stuff I wrote about the latest Teenagers With Attitude. This one goes places. A lot of very different places.
    "Did you just use this fucking podcast to subtweet each other in real time?" "Yes."
    I'm pretty sure I'm already on record as being pro-Sonic Adventure 2
    "No no no, they're not bad kids, they are..." "Teenagers with attitude." "There we go."
    I can't believe the Rita stealing gold thing was apparently true
    Teenagers With Attitude has an inside source?
    "Also, I didn't mean to cut you off, but I was just commenting that we now have weird underground sources for Power Rangers media, and how fucking awesome that is."
    I am definitely getting increasingly concerned about Skull's political views
    "Oculus: Because our black hearts are filled with hatred for this reality, so we're building a new one!"
    This episode is weirdly political
    "Yeah, that makes sense to me." "Well fuck, no, I want a crazy theory!"
    "the morphing grid is actually the ego generated by Zedd's id versus Zordon's superego. It's the ego of the universe." That's a pretty good one
    "Listen, science is always open to reinterpretation based on new facts that are learned, so anytime like, Luke revises his morphing grid theory, it's not a weakness, it's a strength of the theory." "Exactly."
    "You all have truly opened my eyes to the layers upon layers of hidden social commentary in Power Rangers. Skull's secretly a white supremacist, Zedd wants to deface black power monuments, it's really eye-opening actually."
    "They seem to be on the default Windows XP wallpaper."
    "Okay, the statue has long nails so that it can claw the eyes out of the establishment. Next question."
    "If you got like, a power sander, you could probably sand that thumb nail down. It would take some time and probably a few belts, but you could do it."
    "As it turns out, the key to the spell is that the statue has to have long thumb nails, and this was the only one that qualified."
    "So I was like, you're boob-shaming Kimberly in a really weird way right now, I'm going to tell the guys that you said that and they're going to think you're weird, so there you go."
    "Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. Apparently I had to talk about pants first."
    "And for just a second there, you think he is buck naked, because his swimming shorts are the same shade as his skin." I definitely thought that
    "So something important about AC and DC though, is that after AC/DC gets summoned, the rangers immediately get... thunderstruck."
    "Are you implying that we're being tsundere towards RangerWiki?" "We're being so tsundere!"
    I have enjoyed a fair amount of the Bachelor, but it is worse than Power Rangers
    "My thinking is, someone who's watching Power Rangers is not explicitly watching it to see the suffering of other human beings."
    Yeah the rabbit thing turned into a sexy lady Luke, this is fucking Tenchi Muyo
    "The video game based on the Battleship movie was surprisingly okay." I'm launching a Kickstarter to get novelization rights to that game
    "The Ouija movie got a sequel, and a spin-off, and the spin-off's getting a sequel." WHAT
    "The Bop-It has a secret fourth thing on it that says KILL IT"
    "You guys would not stop talking about white supremacy this episode"
    And everyone just quotes Homestar Runner for a few minutes at the end

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Apparently Jason David Frank may possibly have a daughter who is now a rapper that is planning to write a track dissing the former Green Ranger. For not paying child support?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVrZagtW-B4

uyvfOQy.png
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    "I don't need your help" sings the Auto-Tune plugin.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    "I don't need your help" sings the Auto-Tune plugin.

Well, I mean, she didn't write the song to or about auto-tune

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Auto-tune is the father we all deserve.

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I can finally get caught up on my podcasts today, so here's the stuff I wrote about the latest Teenagers With Attitude. This one goes places. A lot of very different places.
    "Did you just use this fucking podcast to subtweet each other in real time?" "Yes."
    "No no no, they're not bad kids, they are..." "Teenagers with attitude." "There we go."
    "Also, I didn't mean to cut you off, but I was just commenting that we now have weird underground sources for Power Rangers media, and how fucking awesome that is."
    "Oculus: Because our black hearts are filled with hatred for this reality, so we're building a new one!"
    "the morphing grid is actually the ego generated by Zedd's id versus Zordon's superego. It's the ego of the universe." That's a pretty good one
    "Listen, science is always open to reinterpretation based on new facts that are learned, so anytime like, Luke revises his morphing grid theory, it's not a weakness, it's a strength of the theory." "Exactly."
    "You all have truly opened my eyes to the layers upon layers of hidden social commentary in Power Rangers. Skull's secretly a white supremacist, Zedd wants to deface black power monuments, it's really eye-opening actually."
    "Okay, the statue has long nails so that it can claw the eyes out of the establishment. Next question."
    "If you got like, a power sander, you could probably sand that thumb nail down. It would take some time and probably a few belts, but you could do it."
    "As it turns out, the key to the spell is that the statue has to have long thumb nails, and this was the only one that qualified."
    "So I was like, you're boob-shaming Kimberly in a really weird way right now, I'm going to tell the guys that you said that and they're going to think you're weird, so there you go."
    "Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. Apparently I had to talk about pants first."
    "And for just a second there, you think he is buck naked, because his swimming shorts are the same shade as his skin." I definitely thought that
    "So something important about AC and DC though, is that after AC/DC gets summoned, the rangers immediately get... thunderstruck."
    "Are you implying that we're being tsundere towards RangerWiki?" "We're being so tsundere!"
    I have enjoyed a fair amount of the Bachelor, but it is worse than Power Rangers
    "My thinking is, someone who's watching Power Rangers is not explicitly watching it to see the suffering of other human beings."
    "The video game based on the Battleship movie was surprisingly okay." I'm launching a Kickstarter to get novelization rights to that game
    "The Ouija movie got a sequel, and a spin-off, and the spin-off's getting a sequel." WHAT

@replacewythy it is imperative that @OmnipotentBagel and I get to hear your thoughts on just how badly we goofed up in the latest Moncast bonus ep

Here's something petty: I find The Dollop impossible to listen to with headphones because they often forget to turn off the default GarageBand reverb and it drives me insane

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Here's something petty: I find The Dollop impossible to listen to with headphones because they often forget to turn off the default GarageBand reverb and it drives me insane

I don't think that's petty at all. That's super understandable.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    if speed tries to duck on telling you about Revengeance i will bully my way in and take over

There's a reason that it's "Let Me Tell You About Metal Gear" and not "Let Me Tell You About Metal Gear Solid"

And to be clear I'm not saying that Revengeance has a bad story or is less thematically strong than other games in the series, just that it approaches its story from a different angle than the Solid games

• replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »

replacewythy it is imperative that OmnipotentBagel and I get to hear your thoughts on just how badly we goofed up in the latest Moncast bonus ep

Okay, I have finished listening to the latest Digital Moncast episode, where Jules and Joel spend almost two hours talking about hugging every Alolan Pokemon. The weirdest thing about it is, it stays almost completely on topic, so if you want to hear people talk about hugging Pokemon, absolutely listen to this episode.
    "We've got a special edition, since someone isn't around to stop us anymore."
    I don't know the Alolan Pokemon that well, so I guess I'll look up pictures as they come up
    I feel like every Pokemon is going to be considered huggable
    "And we did establish that Gengar is incredibly cuddly, to the chagrin of some of our other colleagues."
    Okay, Torracat is the first not very huggable Pokemon
    "Okay, Toucannon needs to be hugged."
    "If I was a toucan, I'd be psyched, all the time!"
    "So every Alolan Raticate is born with impacted wisdom teeth" "Oh NO"
    "Corgis are dense, corgis are tough to lift." How much to dog breeds vary in density?
    Fuck I can't believe it's been 10 years since gen 4
    "This thing... this thing looks like it came out of a fucking MBMBAM skit." That's a pretty good description of Alolan Persian
    "It's like Nermal grew up and stopped being cute." And that's the MBMBAM skit
    "Fucking Hanson-ass Dugtrio." "Look at those Beach Boys! I named mine Kokomon, because in my head, each one is called Ko, Ko, and Mo."
    "I once, from like, I'd say a week's worth of shedding, like made roughly a facsimile of Monty next to him from hair." "Right. I'm pretty sure that that's how dogs actually reproduce."
    "So Dugtrio, huggable, for experts only."
    I've never heard of this hummingbird mask thing, what the fuck
    "We are really getting deep into some microphilia fantasy territory and I want to get out."
    "I know people want to hug midnight forme, that is more of an adult hug. Listen, this game is super horny, we can't get around that, Joel."
    "Man, I'd be scared of hugging Wishiwashi, because if you hug its solo forme you know it's gonna form its school forme around you and you're going to die."
    "Would you hug a naval mine?" Giromon is a Digimon, you're supposed to be talking about Pokemon
    "But also, I am kind of freaked out the most by water spiders, because that's the one place I thought I was safe."
    "Yeah, with the fairy type, it probably does have some sort of hallucinogenic with it." "Which, I mean, I guess if that's what you're into, but" "Tyler. If you're listening."
    "Now Salazzle, you don't have a choice." oh no
    "Is Cubone a Digimon? Did Cubone escape?" That kind of fits
    "You know what, I take that back, they never ruined Golem, they just turned Golem into like, Professor Wily."
    "I didn't think they could make Vulpix any more huggable, but here we are."
    "Do not hug Aegislash unless you don't want to live anymore. Even then, don't, we love you, please stay around."
    "Fuck, I just realized Solgaleo is just SaberLeomon. I can never do a Nuzlocke of Sun. He will die."
    "Wait, are the Ultrabeasts Digimon?" "I think they're more Digimon than actual Digimon are."
    "I don't want to say this got out of hand, but... this got away from us, let's put it that way."
    "If Rayman hugs you, does that even qualify as a hug?"
    "We really got more Digimon questions this week than I was hoping for."
    "Joel, I think we fucked up."
    "'It started as a goof but it went too far.' That's pretty much the show." "That's pretty much the network."

Gatsby wrote: »

replacewythy it is imperative that OmnipotentBagel and I get to hear your thoughts on just how badly we goofed up in the latest Moncast bonus ep

Okay, I have finished listening to the latest Digital Moncast episode, where Jules and Joel spend almost two hours talking about hugging every Alolan Pokemon. The weirdest thing about it is, it stays almost completely on topic, so if you want to hear people talk about hugging Pokemon, absolutely listen to this episode.
    "We've got a special edition, since someone isn't around to stop us anymore."
    I don't know the Alolan Pokemon that well, so I guess I'll look up pictures as they come up
    I feel like every Pokemon is going to be considered huggable
    "And we did establish that Gengar is incredibly cuddly, to the chagrin of some of our other colleagues."
    Okay, Torracat is the first not very huggable Pokemon
    "Okay, Toucannon needs to be hugged."
    "If I was a toucan, I'd be psyched, all the time!"
    "So every Alolan Raticate is born with impacted wisdom teeth" "Oh NO"
    "Corgis are dense, corgis are tough to lift." How much to dog breeds vary in density?
    Fuck I can't believe it's been 10 years since gen 4
    "This thing... this thing looks like it came out of a fucking MBMBAM skit." That's a pretty good description of Alolan Persian
    "It's like Nermal grew up and stopped being cute." And that's the MBMBAM skit
    "Fucking Hanson-ass Dugtrio." "Look at those Beach Boys! I named mine Kokomon, because in my head, each one is called Ko, Ko, and Mo."
    "I once, from like, I'd say a week's worth of shedding, like made roughly a facsimile of Monty next to him from hair." "Right. I'm pretty sure that that's how dogs actually reproduce."
    "So Dugtrio, huggable, for experts only."
    I've never heard of this hummingbird mask thing, what the fuck
    "We are really getting deep into some microphilia fantasy territory and I want to get out."
    "I know people want to hug midnight forme, that is more of an adult hug. Listen, this game is super horny, we can't get around that, Joel."
    "Man, I'd be scared of hugging Wishiwashi, because if you hug its solo forme you know it's gonna form its school forme around you and you're going to die."
    "Would you hug a naval mine?" Giromon is a Digimon, you're supposed to be talking about Pokemon
    "But also, I am kind of freaked out the most by water spiders, because that's the one place I thought I was safe."
    "Yeah, with the fairy type, it probably does have some sort of hallucinogenic with it." "Which, I mean, I guess if that's what you're into, but" "Tyler. If you're listening."
    "Now Salazzle, you don't have a choice." oh no
    "Is Cubone a Digimon? Did Cubone escape?" That kind of fits
    "You know what, I take that back, they never ruined Golem, they just turned Golem into like, Professor Wily."
    "I didn't think they could make Vulpix any more huggable, but here we are."
    "Do not hug Aegislash unless you don't want to live anymore. Even then, don't, we love you, please stay around."
    "Fuck, I just realized Solgaleo is just SaberLeomon. I can never do a Nuzlocke of Sun. He will die."
    "Wait, are the Ultrabeasts Digimon?" "I think they're more Digimon than actual Digimon are."
    "I don't want to say this got out of hand, but... this got away from us, let's put it that way."
    "If Rayman hugs you, does that even qualify as a hug?"
    "We really got more Digimon questions this week than I was hoping for."
    "Joel, I think we fucked up."
    "'It started as a goof but it went too far.' That's pretty much the show." "That's pretty much the network."

Jules fucking loves Toucans

Poor grumpy grumpy Toucannon

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• existexist Registered User regular
    this CBB is a bit of a dud

absolutely

UmPiq.png
    This MBMBaM was excellent and Travis was wrong about everything

6F32U1X.png
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

I appreciate the new, political, Jeff Gerstmann.

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    this cbb was alright. i liked the music guest

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Warren/Cena 2020

Jeff Gerstmann as Secretary of State

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I forgot to put this in the email, but it only took the Apollo missions about 3 days to get to the moon. It's not that far away. Mars is the one it would take about six months to get to, at its closest.

This discussion has been closed.