As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ok[chat]pid

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Destroying white supremacy
    So, is Bannon a tennis fan?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    This is going to be the greatest season of SNL

Contemptable Government folk can get you good comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGl6lHUbsg0

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

I just finished this sketch, goddamn

• Options
    oh man this sketch Baldwin is reading cue cards so obviously.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    This is a question and I'm not trying to get anyone's goat but rather understand a complaint.

Always-on game connections are really hated but I cannot figure out why, because my Internet is also always on.

I mean, I could see if there was an Internet outage and you couldn't play it for whatever reason, I guess that makes sense, but other than that rare thing I don't get it.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    tonight was p rough. dd'd for a close friend's birthday night out. dinner was fine, people had a few drinks with dinner. then the birthday girl wanted to migrate to a loud, poorly managed dive bar. she's going through a divorce and is in tears p much the whole night past drink 3. garbage bar doesn't know how to not-overserve so three separate instances of them kicking someone out and a guy fighting the bouncers. then the three girls i'm dd'ing for are super hammered, one holding back the hair of the crying bday girl, when the waitress starts flipping out that they might be skipping the check (even tho they already gave her their cards... like 10 dollar orders each). she goes into the women's room and starts yelling at them then rages more when they don't tip her.

then the two girls in the backseat give awkward ormantic advice to the divorcee for the whole drunken ride home.

qq

what an unsatisfying evening

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    I woke up at 4 am for some reason life is suffering.

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    tonight was p rough. dd'd for a close friend's birthday night out. dinner was fine, people had a few drinks with dinner. then the birthday girl wanted to migrate to a loud, poorly managed dive bar. she's going through a divorce and is in tears p much the whole night past drink 3. garbage bar doesn't know how to not-overserve so three separate instances of them kicking someone out and a guy fighting the bouncers. then the three girls i'm dd'ing for are super hammered, one holding back the hair of the crying bday girl, when the waitress starts flipping out that they might be skipping the check (even tho they already gave her their cards... like 10 dollar orders each). she goes into the women's room and starts yelling at them then rages more when they don't tip her.

then the two girls in the backseat give awkward ormantic advice to the divorcee for the whole drunken ride home.

qq

what an unsatisfying evening

:bro: :

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Destroying white supremacy
    I'm glad I don't drink out of sadness, because I'm sure it would be, uh, sad

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ceilingfans fan
    This is a question and I'm not trying to get anyone's goat but rather understand a complaint.

Always-on game connections are really hated but I cannot figure out why, because my Internet is also always on.

I mean, I could see if there was an Internet outage and you couldn't play it for whatever reason, I guess that makes sense, but other than that rare thing I don't get it.

I don't really mind it until the game publisher's servers go down (often ooooooooooften several days or weeks around launch) and as soon as that happens I completely lose my shit.

Mostly the above when there is a single player component I could theoretically have been playing if not for server issues. If it's a multiplayer only thing then I don't mind nearly as much because how else are you going to play if not connected.

I do emphasize that oooooooooooooften there are server issues around game launches.

Something that didn't happen to me, but where my friend lived they had internet blackouts about 4 days a week for 6 months and the ISP just could not find or fix what was wrong.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options

Its another additional layer of DRM people dont want in their shit.

Like if you take For Honor as an example it has 3 layers of DRM if you bought it through Steam.

Steam
    Uplay
    And always online.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Watching some more of Hormones, a Thai version of Skins, more or less.

Consuming Thai fiction is odd, because Thai folks all go by nicknames. Like, eeeeeveryone. All the time. Who the hell even knows what their formal name is. Something very long.

So, you have character names like Dao, Thee, Non, Mhog, and so on. OK, cool, no problem.

But mixed right in with them you also have folks named Boss, First, Robot, and Sprite. And plenty of English names mixed in there too.

I really don't know of any other cultures that do something like that, it's really unique.

A Thai friend I did with my PhD with goes by Nutella

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

additional layer of DRM basically which often is detrimental to the product as a whole especially if it's an always online single player game which literally has no need for "always online"

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Consuming Thai fiction is odd, because Thai folks all go by nicknames. Like, eeeeeveryone. All the time. Who the hell even knows what their formal name is. Something very long.

So, you have character names like Dao, Thee, Non, Mhog, and so on. OK, cool, no problem.

But mixed right in with them you also have folks named Boss, First, Robot, and Sprite. And plenty of English names mixed in there too.

I really don't know of any other cultures that do something like that, it's really unique.

The key question: do they pronounce it Nut-ella, or New-tella

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Punching Nazis

It is abominable if you view games as a form of art & culture worth preserving rather than strictly a consumer product.

At some point, support for the consumer product will be dropped. If the always online requirements aren't patched-out at that point, then the game is the equivalent of a burned painting.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    simon pls

• Options
    listen I know it's weird but the Italians pronounce it New-tella

• Options
    Ceilingfans fan
    What does the FDA or USDA say about Rocky punching food products without proper sanitizing or gloves and shit. I'm sure he'd get that plant shut down.

• Options
    Also the assumption of steady reliable internet is not yet truly universal. We're closer than five years ago when I eyebrowed at always-on for Assassin's Creed 2, but not yet.

That being said the last big always on disaster, Sim City, was ruined not by ISPs dicking around but EA's servers not being able to cope, which is another problem.

• Options
    Ceilingfans fan
    Also the assumption of steady reliable internet is not yet truly universal. We're closer than five years ago when I eyebrowed at always-on for Assassin's Creed 2, but not yet.

That being said the last big always on disaster, Sim City, was ruined not by ISPs dicking around but EA's servers not being able to cope, which is another problem.

Oh man I had forgotten about that one. I think I was first able to play it like 3 weeks after I bought it on release day.

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    listen I know it's weird but the Italians pronounce it New-tella

Surely it should be Nocella in Italy?

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

She says it correctly.

I've never heard this new-tella abomination

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Also lets not forget all that most DRM is useless as it.

Now that Watch Dogs 2's Denuvo has been defeated you can play it and bypass all that DRM, now granted Denuvo as a whole isnt defeated and still has function as DRM. The list of not cracked games is dwindling as seen below. So to add all this useless online only drm is a sad attempt to keep your data.

• Titanfall 2 (O)
    • Football Manager 17
    • JUST CAUSE 3
    • ANNO 2205 (after update 1.3)
    • FIFA 17
    • ABZÛ
    • TOTAL WAR WARHAMMER
    • Homefront: The Revolution
    • Star Wars Battlefront (O)
    • NEED FOR SPEED (O)
    • UNRAVEL
    • HITMAN (O)
    • ADR1FT
    • Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
    • F1 2016
    • Fernbus Simulator
    • Damaged Core
    • Dragon Front
    • Rock Band VR
    • Handball 17
    • Dishonored 2
    • Just Dance 2017
    • Planet Coaster
    • Rocksmith 2014 Remastered
    • Tales Of Berseria

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Denuvo is no longer the uncrackable DRM it once was. RE7 took five days to crack.

• Options

She says it correctly.

It's the original Italian pronunciation, and apparently how it's supposed to be said in the US
    On Nutella’s frequently asked questions page of its US site, it describes the product as: “Nutella (pronounced ‘new-tell-uh’) is a tasty, unique spread made from the combination of roasted hazelnuts, skim milk and a hint of cocoa.”

• Options
    “Ferrero aren’t trying to encourage a common worldwide pronunciation on this,” the company said in a statement.

“In the UK we call and pronounce it ‘Nutella’ as do consumers. The US pronunciation is just for them.”

the great schism of the 21st century...

• Options

She says it correctly.

It's the original Italian pronunciation, and apparently how it's supposed to be said in the US
    On Nutella’s frequently asked questions page of its US site, it describes the product as: “Nutella (pronounced ‘new-tell-uh’) is a tasty, unique spread made from the combination of roasted hazelnuts, skim milk and a hint of cocoa.”

Look. I just visited some loos that had Italian language tapes playing in them to mask the grunts and splashes. So as an expert it's nutella not newtella

• Options
    Trace wrote: »
    Denuvo is no longer the uncrackable DRM it once was. RE7 took five days to crack.

Yea but its not blanket protection, each game has to be done individually. Supposedly the next wave of big releases will have a new form of it according to Denuvo.

So I guess thats Mass Effect, Ghost Recon and Sniper Ghost Warrior 3

• Options
    Trace wrote: »

Yea but its not blanket protection, each game has to be done individually. Supposedly the next wave of big releases will have a new form of it according to Denuvo.

So I guess thats Mass Effect, Ghost Recon and Sniper Ghost Warrior 3

I bet it won't make much difference. Unless it's somehow an entirely new method of DRMing games it won't hold up for longer than a few weeks, maybe a month and with how much those guys supposedly charge for their DRM protection if they can't consistently keep games protected companies will just start to not use them.

Mass Effect for sure is going to get some serious attention. That will be the benchmark for this new version of Denuvo.

• Options
    About to watch Lego Batman

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

Lego Batman's about to watch RMS.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options

Lego Batman's about to watch RMS.

Notice me Senpai!

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giS41utjlbU

oh god

they gave it -wheels-

• Options
    GJ57O4t.jpg
    @desc #aestheticgoals

• Options
    Ceilingfans fan
    #a #e #s #t #h #e #t #i #c #s

This discussion has been closed.