As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo] Finished Zelda? Why don't you play...hang on, gimme a second...

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I hope they made it so I don't have to hold down the power button to bring up options to actually turn it off

There's very little reason to actually power off the system unless you don't plan on using or charging it for upward of a week or more

The sleep mode is extremely efficient, I was losing maybe like 2-3% overnight with it in sleep mode

The system was likely designed to not be regularly powered off, with that in mind

I don't much care for that 'feature'

I like to be able to simply turn things off

I mean, this is how most portable electronics work these days. You gotta long-press the button on your phone to turn it off too. Probably so that if it's in your pocket or bag it's harder to accidentally power it down unintentionally.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    its how almost all electronics work, portable or not. Most TV's, computers, etc are not really off unless you hold the button down

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    A well designed sleep mode might as well be an off state for how much power it consumes and leads to to much faster resume times than a cold boot so I also understand why designers front-load it as the default. The average consumer doesn't like to wait for their stuff to power up. And if you do want the full off state, it's still quite easily accessible.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I guess I'm the old fuddy duddy =(

• Options
    I mean, I turn mine off too. I just don't see how holding down the power button for 3 seconds is an issue.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I mean, I turn mine off too. I just don't see how holding down the power button for 3 seconds is an issue.

well sure, when you put it like that

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Oh, I was having problems connecting to the eshop over the weekend and just figured splatoon was blowing everything up, but I bet I need to restart my console.

Haven't actually turned it off or changed games from Zelda since it updated on day 1, so I guess that's probably a bit overdue.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular

well sure, when you put it like that

for me it's that things which have only some kinda software interface that has to compute "turn off" means it will inevitably lock up and be unable to power cycle

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Heads up, Best Buy is going to have a limited number of Switches and NES Classics for sale on their website at 12pm noon Central time today. That's 30 minutes from now.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Or right now

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    My Switch now refuses to connect to wifi. Since I don't buy cartridges it is now a paperweight.

Apparently you need to reboot.

http://kotaku.com/psa-if-your-switchs-internet-wont-work-reboot-the-con-1793695059

This didn't work for me unfortunately.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    My Switch now refuses to connect to wifi. Since I don't buy cartridges it is now a paperweight.

Apparently you need to reboot.

http://kotaku.com/psa-if-your-switchs-internet-wont-work-reboot-the-con-1793695059

This didn't work for me unfortunately.

might have to call nintendo tech support tube, seems like you've got quite a few weird things going on with yours (and the left joycon)

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I can get it to connect to my slower band for some reason. Eh, I'll take it. There's not much for me to download right now either way. I'm really waiting for them to drop just a ton of Virtual Console stuff on here. Turn this thing into a portable SNES.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Heads up, Best Buy is going to have a limited number of Switches and NES Classics for sale on their website at 12pm noon Central time today. That's 30 minutes from now.

its in my cart but when I try to checkout I keep getting a something went wrong site error, womp womp

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Man, if they'd launched with even the meager Wii U Virtual Console out of the gate it would have been real strong. I could probably get by until summer on SNES titles alone.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Man, if they'd launched with even the meager Wii U Virtual Console out of the gate it would have been real strong. I could probably get by until summer on SNES titles alone.

I'm sure there's a good reason for it but it's completely bizarre that there are more Neo Geo games on this than Nintendo games.

Like sorry guys, but the Neo Geo sucked and no one was craving those games.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I'll buy so many dang super nintendo game on the switch

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    The virtual console is what I'm waiting on to buy a Switch, that happens to be what's important to me at the moment.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The only confusing thing about Neo Geo games on there is that they decided to release the first Samurai Shodown instead of going straight for SamSho 2

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'm splitting my 3DS time between Dragon Quest VIII and Monster Hunter 4U and wow that is a bit disorienting to flip through those two games

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Neo Geo stuff is great

Please put Baseball Stars on the Switch

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The only confusing thing about Neo Geo games on there is that they decided to release the first Samurai Shodown instead of going straight for SamSho 2

I liked the first one
    I felt two replaced Genan with Tam Tam or Earthquake got cheaper
    Still Jubei was fun to play since every one I knew of went for Hanzo

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Competitively SamSho 2 is one of maybe two or three games from that era that still holds up besides Street Fighter 2, which is absolutely crazy

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

I'm sure there's a good reason for it but it's completely bizarre that there are more Neo Geo games on this than Nintendo games.

Like sorry guys, but the Neo Geo sucked and no one was craving those games.

You take that back about Windjammers

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    There is still some value to SamSho 1, but it'd be like releasing Street Fighter 1 instead of Street Fighter 2 on VC

It's just a nonsense move

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    There is still some value to SamSho 1, but it'd be like releasing Street Fighter 1 instead of Street Fighter 2 on VC

Well maybe they're working on a half-assed Samurai Showdown 2 remaster with two new characters you don't want to play as and then overcharge for it

Ever think about that??

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular

its in my cart but when I try to checkout I keep getting a something went wrong site error, womp womp

Same thing happened to me and a lot of other people. Only a few were able to get through.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Well maybe they're working on a half-assed Samurai Showdown 2 remaster with two new characters you don't want to play as and then overcharge for it

Ever think about that??

Impossible

How dare you

It's Shodown.

1 W.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    My Wii U has also taken to constantly switching inputs on my TV, so my solution was yanking out the HDMI cable and only ever playing on the Gamepad

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options

But Mother 2 is EarthBound, right?

Like...the finished product exists, and has been localized

• Options

But Mother 2 is EarthBound, right?

Like...the finished product exists, and has been localized

This is like watching a robot try to understand the concept of love

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Naphtali, I have a Switch.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    twernt nothing

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
  • Options

I WOULDNT, FUCK KIRBY

• Options
    THAT COMMA IS IMPORTANT

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Kirby is cool

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options

I WOULDNT, FUCK KIRBY
    THAT COMMA IS IMPORTANT

So you're saying you would fuck Kirby?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.