Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Marvel Stuff! Thor is covered in brains!

12357100

Posts

  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I've been buying comics for a few years now and I have never once preordered a comic

    I just walk into the shop and grab them

    The polite thing would be to also pay for them, but your way is cheaper :D

    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    SpoitFencingsaxRingoDedwrekkaCrippl3ArmorocSnicketysnickOmnipotentBagelJoolanderAndy JoeWeedLordVegetaASimPersonMagellchiasaur11Bobble
  • I don't particularly like the idea of Marvel bringing back the classic versions of all their characters while sidelining their newer characters, especially when the classic versions are largely, you know, white guys and the newer characters largely aren't, but...shit, the comics industry is largely bad at long, sustained pushes away from their status quo. Or at least Marvel and DC largely aren't great at it. These are companies that have been around since World War 2, and they've largely been telling stories about these same characters since the 60s, and while that doesn't really prevent anyone from doing great, exciting things within the constraints of their big, decades-old universes, they're very resistant to major changes.

    The problem with making legacy characters that are meant to replace or take over the mantle of an existing superhero is that not a single person in the world doesn't believe that character is going to be in that role forever, but the other problem is that people don't go to Marvel or DC to read about brand new superheroes, most of the time. There are exceptions, obviously, but Marvel's history is littered with a bunch of teen superhero team comics that people get excited for and then in five years they're relegated to cameos and in ten years they're a one-panel joke in a Deadpool comic. I mean, you have your Ms. Marvels and your Kate Bishops that feel like they're going to stick around for a while, but you also have...most of the rest of the Young Avengers and the Slingers, and the Runaways, and Power Pack, and the New Warriors, and however many other people that were new and exciting and forgotten and it sucks but I don't know how you really solve that problem?

    but seriously what's up with Eli, has anyone figured out why Gillen couldn't use him in Young Avengers yet

    Ringodurandal4532
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    Diamond and The Direct Market is literally the worst

    I'm still not sure why Marvel/DC doesn't create another publisher, such as an in-house one, to send out their comics. It would hurt them short term (as Diamond throws a bitch fit), but I bet it would help them as it would give them more options to let books breath and experiment more. It also lets you know what is really popular besides the big pushers.

    I remember reading reasons behind it but cannot remember it anymore.

    I think this is the most important thing that people forget about US government. Moses didn't come down Mt Rushmore with the Bill of Rights on a tablet from God.
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    I don't particularly like the idea of Marvel bringing back the classic versions of all their characters while sidelining their newer characters, especially when the classic versions are largely, you know, white guys and the newer characters largely aren't, but...shit, the comics industry is largely bad at long, sustained pushes away from their status quo. Or at least Marvel and DC largely aren't great at it. These are companies that have been around since World War 2, and they've largely been telling stories about these same characters since the 60s, and while that doesn't really prevent anyone from doing great, exciting things within the constraints of their big, decades-old universes, they're very resistant to major changes.

    The problem with making legacy characters that are meant to replace or take over the mantle of an existing superhero is that not a single person in the world doesn't believe that character is going to be in that role forever, but the other problem is that people don't go to Marvel or DC to read about brand new superheroes, most of the time. There are exceptions, obviously, but Marvel's history is littered with a bunch of teen superhero team comics that people get excited for and then in five years they're relegated to cameos and in ten years they're a one-panel joke in a Deadpool comic. I mean, you have your Ms. Marvels and your Kate Bishops that feel like they're going to stick around for a while, but you also have...most of the rest of the Young Avengers and the Slingers, and the Runaways, and Power Pack, and the New Warriors, and however many other people that were new and exciting and forgotten and it sucks but I don't know how you really solve that problem?

    but seriously what's up with Eli, has anyone figured out why Gillen couldn't use him in Young Avengers yet
    Gravity_(comic_cover_art).jpg
    :(

    VcdvAHn.png?1
    Steaaaaaaam All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast. NEW EPISODE - EPISODE 26 - Stolen Memories (Superman: The Animated Series S01E08) - March 29th
    Devlin_DragonusRorshach KringleJoolanderdurandal4532
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    So, as happy as I am that Peter Parker is moving back on down to NYC

    Remember when Miles was supposed to be the "Street level" Spider-Man, while Peter went off to do bigger things?

    But seriously bringing Miles into the "main" universe was never a good idea for even a second, in the Ultimate universe he was the Spider-Man

    Now he's one of like, shit, what are we up to? Like six Spider-People?
    He wasn't even the spider-man for all that long there! Peter came back like 3 arcs in, and there was always the (much neglected) Ultimate Jessica Drew hanging around too

    steam_sig.png
    Rainfall
  • wirehead26wirehead26 REST IN PEACE Registered User regular
    edited February 17
    The newest issue of Deadpool was an unofficial Secret Empire prequel one shot that set up an interesting person who now suspects Steve Rogers of going bad

    Phil Coulson, and he's now going to set up a personal investigation of Steve. Hopefully Spencer keeps up with this, or maybe Gerry Duggan in one of his books since he wrote the story.


    Also there's one guy who for sure now knows Steve is Hydra

    Taskmaster

    wirehead26 on
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    I think Jessica Drew doesnt count, she was Spider-Woman

    Like

    Saying Miles isn't the Spider-Man right now is fair but just because there are other Spider-Themed heroes around doesn't invalidate his status in the Ultimate U

    Like Peter was still Spider-Man when Kaine was running around as Scarlet Spider and Jessica is Spider-Woman

    VcdvAHn.png?1
    Steaaaaaaam All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast. NEW EPISODE - EPISODE 26 - Stolen Memories (Superman: The Animated Series S01E08) - March 29th
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    What the heck is going on with future spidy anyways

  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    What the heck is going on with future spidy anyways
    He has been back in 2099 for a while I believe

    VcdvAHn.png?1
    Steaaaaaaam All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast. NEW EPISODE - EPISODE 26 - Stolen Memories (Superman: The Animated Series S01E08) - March 29th
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited February 17
    Spoit wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    So, as happy as I am that Peter Parker is moving back on down to NYC

    Remember when Miles was supposed to be the "Street level" Spider-Man, while Peter went off to do bigger things?

    But seriously bringing Miles into the "main" universe was never a good idea for even a second, in the Ultimate universe he was the Spider-Man

    Now he's one of like, shit, what are we up to? Like six Spider-People?
    He wasn't even the spider-man for all that long there! Peter came back like 3 arcs in, and there was always the (much neglected) Ultimate Jessica Drew hanging around too

    Eh, Peter came back in the middle of the last year of the Ultimate universe, where Miles had been the head Spider-Man for around 3 years publishing time, and left after the arc was concluded to let Miles continue to be Spider-Man (so that Peter could finally have a normal life for once). He never supplanted Miles as Spider-Man during that arc.
    I don't particularly like the idea of Marvel bringing back the classic versions of all their characters while sidelining their newer characters, especially when the classic versions are largely, you know, white guys and the newer characters largely aren't, but...shit, the comics industry is largely bad at long, sustained pushes away from their status quo. Or at least Marvel and DC largely aren't great at it. These are companies that have been around since World War 2, and they've largely been telling stories about these same characters since the 60s, and while that doesn't really prevent anyone from doing great, exciting things within the constraints of their big, decades-old universes, they're very resistant to major changes.

    The problem with making legacy characters that are meant to replace or take over the mantle of an existing superhero is that not a single person in the world doesn't believe that character is going to be in that role forever, but the other problem is that people don't go to Marvel or DC to read about brand new superheroes, most of the time. There are exceptions, obviously, but Marvel's history is littered with a bunch of teen superhero team comics that people get excited for and then in five years they're relegated to cameos and in ten years they're a one-panel joke in a Deadpool comic. I mean, you have your Ms. Marvels and your Kate Bishops that feel like they're going to stick around for a while, but you also have...most of the rest of the Young Avengers and the Slingers, and the Runaways, and Power Pack, and the New Warriors, and however many other people that were new and exciting and forgotten and it sucks but I don't know how you really solve that problem?

    but seriously what's up with Eli, has anyone figured out why Gillen couldn't use him in Young Avengers yet

    It's interesting cause I'm not sure what causes the books to die like that, but I'm curious. I feel like Power Pack was a casualty of the 90s and ultra-grittiness, a lot of the others were killed by the constant shake-ups of the Marvel universe (like Avengers Academy I think), Runaways was placed on hiatus and then forgotten about, etc. New X-Men with the younger kids of the 2000s X-Men was ended because of Messiah Complex and then being plundered by the other books (X-23, the cuckoos. and Elixir went to X-Force; Pixie ended up in Uncanny X-Men; Trance and Hellion floated to X-Men Legacy; Anole eventually ended up in Uncanny X-Men as well) and the others ended up not being enough to carry the new version of the book. I think that might have helped to some of the other books as well.

    That does lead to odd stuff of where stuff is decently popular, dies, and then comes back like a decade later as the fans of those start writing the product. New Mutants is a good example of that. X-Factor was a collection of X cast-aways as well. Power Pack characters floated into random books, like Alex Power in FF and Julie in Runaways. Nico and Molly still pop up every once in awhile as well.

    It makes me curious if the distribution model fucks them as well. If an unpopular arc knocks down sales of the next pre-order, that could kill the book before it can get its footing again unlike say Spider-Man, which will keep up sales long enough to dig itself out of the ditch, or just re-brands itself.

    I also think team titles are better about being able to have characters stick around and rotate while staying around. The Avengers books have lead to the rise of popularity again of characters like Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Black Panther, etc. and interest in their books again. The issue with the Avengers though it is harder to introduce a character as an Avenger (though some, like Starbrand, can do it). X-Men for a long time I feel kept its longevity due to that as well, as you can rotate in and out characters but keep the name (and why the re-launch annoys me, as you could keep characters like Storm and Kitty Pride or others as the old members but bring in people like Anole, Ernst, and Glob, who were built up in the main book as a new group of X-Men, to be a part of the team). It leads to new arcs and allowing characters to rest for awhile and come back when they are interesting again and haven't hogged the spotlight.

    Edit: Thinking of random characters we haven't seen in awhile, what is Hulkling up to?


    Also, when did we last see Dust?

    Or any of the New Warriors?

    Damn, now I'm sad and worried for Ms. Marvel, with all these cool characters that disappeared.

    never die on
    I think this is the most important thing that people forget about US government. Moses didn't come down Mt Rushmore with the Bill of Rights on a tablet from God.
  • People coming to Marvel to pitch ideas also probably aren't coming in with pitches for the Runaways, either, or any other forgotten teen superheroes. They're either coming to Marvel to like, do a Spider-Man comic, or to add their own new superhero to the pile, they're not going to come in guns blazing on a Gravity series. I mean, people writing comics are largely coming in with ideas for characters they grew up with, it's why Geoff Johns made huge events out of bringing back Hal Jordan and Barry Allen.

    I mean, I mentioned how Ms. Marvel is kind of an exception, but eventually G. Willow Wilson isn't going to be writing that character any more, and that's kind of the ultimate test for these characters, I think, although she's had better luck than most characters at getting recognition outside of comics. I think Kate Bishop has largely passed that test now, given that she's still showing up in ongoings (and given how she almost took over Fraction's Hawkeye run), and other writers keep bringing her into their own projects. Like...I guess for a character to stick around in one of these universes you not only have to get them to stick with readers, you have to get them to stick with writers and artists and editors too, so they don't just disappear the second you're done writing them. And that's...a tall order.

    CorporateLogo
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited February 17
    I agree, though the New Mutants and X-Factor (Peter David's run) are an exception to that. Also, Hickman and Ewing's love of Sunspot and Cannonball bringing them into a mainline as well.

    Edit:

    I dunno how we count the Inhumans in this, as they kind of had a resurgence before the Terrigen bomb with Hickman's Fantastic Four run and War of Kings, but they were pushed in a heavily different direction after Infinity.

    never die on
    I think this is the most important thing that people forget about US government. Moses didn't come down Mt Rushmore with the Bill of Rights on a tablet from God.
    vagrant_winds
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    So, as happy as I am that Peter Parker is moving back on down to NYC

    Remember when Miles was supposed to be the "Street level" Spider-Man, while Peter went off to do bigger things?

    But seriously bringing Miles into the "main" universe was never a good idea for even a second, in the Ultimate universe he was the Spider-Man

    Now he's one of like, shit, what are we up to? Like six Spider-People?
    He wasn't even the spider-man for all that long there! Peter came back like 3 arcs in, and there was always the (much neglected) Ultimate Jessica Drew hanging around too

    Eh, Peter came back in the middle of the last year of the Ultimate universe, where Miles had been the head Spider-Man for around 3 years publishing time, and left after the arc was concluded to let Miles continue to be Spider-Man (so that Peter could finally have a normal life for once). He never supplanted Miles as Spider-Man during that arc.
    I don't particularly like the idea of Marvel bringing back the classic versions of all their characters while sidelining their newer characters, especially when the classic versions are largely, you know, white guys and the newer characters largely aren't, but...shit, the comics industry is largely bad at long, sustained pushes away from their status quo. Or at least Marvel and DC largely aren't great at it. These are companies that have been around since World War 2, and they've largely been telling stories about these same characters since the 60s, and while that doesn't really prevent anyone from doing great, exciting things within the constraints of their big, decades-old universes, they're very resistant to major changes.

    The problem with making legacy characters that are meant to replace or take over the mantle of an existing superhero is that not a single person in the world doesn't believe that character is going to be in that role forever, but the other problem is that people don't go to Marvel or DC to read about brand new superheroes, most of the time. There are exceptions, obviously, but Marvel's history is littered with a bunch of teen superhero team comics that people get excited for and then in five years they're relegated to cameos and in ten years they're a one-panel joke in a Deadpool comic. I mean, you have your Ms. Marvels and your Kate Bishops that feel like they're going to stick around for a while, but you also have...most of the rest of the Young Avengers and the Slingers, and the Runaways, and Power Pack, and the New Warriors, and however many other people that were new and exciting and forgotten and it sucks but I don't know how you really solve that problem?

    but seriously what's up with Eli, has anyone figured out why Gillen couldn't use him in Young Avengers yet

    It's interesting cause I'm not sure what causes the books to die like that, but I'm curious. I feel like Power Pack was a casualty of the 90s and ultra-grittiness, a lot of the others were killed by the constant shake-ups of the Marvel universe (like Avengers Academy I think), Runaways was placed on hiatus and then forgotten about, etc. New X-Men with the younger kids of the 2000s X-Men was ended because of Messiah Complex and then being plundered by the other books (X-23, the cuckoos. and Elixir went to X-Force; Pixie ended up in Uncanny X-Men; Trance and Hellion floated to X-Men Legacy; Anole eventually ended up in Uncanny X-Men as well) and the others ended up not being enough to carry the new version of the book. I think that might have helped to some of the other books as well.

    That does lead to odd stuff of where stuff is decently popular, dies, and then comes back like a decade later as the fans of those start writing the product. New Mutants is a good example of that. X-Factor was a collection of X cast-aways as well. Power Pack characters floated into random books, like Alex Power in FF and Julie in Runaways. Nico and Molly still pop up every once in awhile as well.

    It makes me curious if the distribution model fucks them as well. If an unpopular arc knocks down sales of the next pre-order, that could kill the book before it can get its footing again unlike say Spider-Man, which will keep up sales long enough to dig itself out of the ditch, or just re-brands itself.

    I also think team titles are better about being able to have characters stick around and rotate while staying around. The Avengers books have lead to the rise of popularity again of characters like Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Black Panther, etc. and interest in their books again. The issue with the Avengers though it is harder to introduce a character as an Avenger (though some, like Starbrand, can do it). X-Men for a long time I feel kept its longevity due to that as well, as you can rotate in and out characters but keep the name (and why the re-launch annoys me, as you could keep characters like Storm and Kitty Pride or others as the old members but bring in people like Anole, Ernst, and Glob, who were built up in the main book as a new group of X-Men, to be a part of the team). It leads to new arcs and allowing characters to rest for awhile and come back when they are interesting again and haven't hogged the spotlight.

    Edit: Thinking of random characters we haven't seen in awhile, what is Hulkling up to?


    Also, when did we last see Dust?

    Or any of the New Warriors?

    Damn, now I'm sad and worried for Ms. Marvel, with all these cool characters that disappeared.

    Well, the problem for New X-Men was that Young X-Men was utterly terrible. It's last arc was an alternate future where Dust went evil.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Marvel won't be good again until they bring back their lesbian space fantasy epic and similarly inventive series.

    World of Wakanda and Ultimates2 are good but they can/should do more.

    I thought you meant Moondragon and Quasar for a second. I feel like I am the only one who really liked that couple.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I definitely liked Quasar and Moondragon too!

    Weaver
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    never die wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    So, as happy as I am that Peter Parker is moving back on down to NYC

    Remember when Miles was supposed to be the "Street level" Spider-Man, while Peter went off to do bigger things?

    But seriously bringing Miles into the "main" universe was never a good idea for even a second, in the Ultimate universe he was the Spider-Man

    Now he's one of like, shit, what are we up to? Like six Spider-People?
    He wasn't even the spider-man for all that long there! Peter came back like 3 arcs in, and there was always the (much neglected) Ultimate Jessica Drew hanging around too

    Eh, Peter came back in the middle of the last year of the Ultimate universe, where Miles had been the head Spider-Man for around 3 years publishing time, and left after the arc was concluded to let Miles continue to be Spider-Man (so that Peter could finally have a normal life for once). He never supplanted Miles as Spider-Man during that arc.
    I don't particularly like the idea of Marvel bringing back the classic versions of all their characters while sidelining their newer characters, especially when the classic versions are largely, you know, white guys and the newer characters largely aren't, but...shit, the comics industry is largely bad at long, sustained pushes away from their status quo. Or at least Marvel and DC largely aren't great at it. These are companies that have been around since World War 2, and they've largely been telling stories about these same characters since the 60s, and while that doesn't really prevent anyone from doing great, exciting things within the constraints of their big, decades-old universes, they're very resistant to major changes.

    The problem with making legacy characters that are meant to replace or take over the mantle of an existing superhero is that not a single person in the world doesn't believe that character is going to be in that role forever, but the other problem is that people don't go to Marvel or DC to read about brand new superheroes, most of the time. There are exceptions, obviously, but Marvel's history is littered with a bunch of teen superhero team comics that people get excited for and then in five years they're relegated to cameos and in ten years they're a one-panel joke in a Deadpool comic. I mean, you have your Ms. Marvels and your Kate Bishops that feel like they're going to stick around for a while, but you also have...most of the rest of the Young Avengers and the Slingers, and the Runaways, and Power Pack, and the New Warriors, and however many other people that were new and exciting and forgotten and it sucks but I don't know how you really solve that problem?

    but seriously what's up with Eli, has anyone figured out why Gillen couldn't use him in Young Avengers yet

    It's interesting cause I'm not sure what causes the books to die like that, but I'm curious. I feel like Power Pack was a casualty of the 90s and ultra-grittiness, a lot of the others were killed by the constant shake-ups of the Marvel universe (like Avengers Academy I think), Runaways was placed on hiatus and then forgotten about, etc. New X-Men with the younger kids of the 2000s X-Men was ended because of Messiah Complex and then being plundered by the other books (X-23, the cuckoos. and Elixir went to X-Force; Pixie ended up in Uncanny X-Men; Trance and Hellion floated to X-Men Legacy; Anole eventually ended up in Uncanny X-Men as well) and the others ended up not being enough to carry the new version of the book. I think that might have helped to some of the other books as well.

    That does lead to odd stuff of where stuff is decently popular, dies, and then comes back like a decade later as the fans of those start writing the product. New Mutants is a good example of that. X-Factor was a collection of X cast-aways as well. Power Pack characters floated into random books, like Alex Power in FF and Julie in Runaways. Nico and Molly still pop up every once in awhile as well.

    It makes me curious if the distribution model fucks them as well. If an unpopular arc knocks down sales of the next pre-order, that could kill the book before it can get its footing again unlike say Spider-Man, which will keep up sales long enough to dig itself out of the ditch, or just re-brands itself.

    I also think team titles are better about being able to have characters stick around and rotate while staying around. The Avengers books have lead to the rise of popularity again of characters like Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Black Panther, etc. and interest in their books again. The issue with the Avengers though it is harder to introduce a character as an Avenger (though some, like Starbrand, can do it). X-Men for a long time I feel kept its longevity due to that as well, as you can rotate in and out characters but keep the name (and why the re-launch annoys me, as you could keep characters like Storm and Kitty Pride or others as the old members but bring in people like Anole, Ernst, and Glob, who were built up in the main book as a new group of X-Men, to be a part of the team). It leads to new arcs and allowing characters to rest for awhile and come back when they are interesting again and haven't hogged the spotlight.

    Edit: Thinking of random characters we haven't seen in awhile, what is Hulkling up to?


    Also, when did we last see Dust?

    Or any of the New Warriors?

    Damn, now I'm sad and worried for Ms. Marvel, with all these cool characters that disappeared.

    Well, the problem for New X-Men was that Young X-Men was utterly terrible. It's last arc was an alternate future where Dust went evil.

    Well, I'm glad I skipped it in my re-read/first time reading of modern X-Men (2001-2015).

    Though my reading of Spider-Man and the X-men made me miss Rockslide. I miss him too, and was a little resentful that Glob got to take up his role and buddiness with Anole in Extraordinary X-Men.

    I think this is the most important thing that people forget about US government. Moses didn't come down Mt Rushmore with the Bill of Rights on a tablet from God.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    One of the reasons I soured on X-Men stuff a while ago is that Dust, Mercury, and Surge had an excellent dynamic, and they decided to fuck it up and do nothing with it.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
    Maclay
  • RainfallRainfall If you do not repay me, I will RECLAIM the ball.Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Marvel won't be good again until they bring back their lesbian space fantasy epic and similarly inventive series.

    World of Wakanda and Ultimates2 are good but they can/should do more.

    I thought you meant Moondragon and Quasar for a second. I feel like I am the only one who really liked that couple.

    I haven't read any Moondragon and Quasar and sure why not bring them back too?

    UlfreBY.png
  • kowikowi Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    One of the reasons I soured on X-Men stuff a while ago is that Dust, Mercury, and Surge had an excellent dynamic, and they decided to fuck it up and do nothing with it.

    That was a disappointment.

    PSN: kowi - WiiU: kowi - XBL: KoWi - twitch.tv/kowi profile.png - "Yes, Kowi is the King of All" - smilie.png Unbreakable Vow
    WeedLordVegeta
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus The Personification of DeathRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Marvel won't be good again until they bring back their lesbian space fantasy epic and similarly inventive series.

    World of Wakanda and Ultimates2 are good but they can/should do more.

    I thought you meant Moondragon and Quasar for a second. I feel like I am the only one who really liked that couple.

    I haven't read any Moondragon and Quasar and sure why not bring them back too?

    What they need to do is bring back Genis-Vell, the one true Captain Marvel Photon Legacy!

    5tjnIJ6.png

    Listen to the always amazing wrestling podcast, It's A Work!
    nightmarenny
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Can we talk about Chip Zdarsky and Kris Anka's diehard commitment to Peter Quill Abs

    6F32U1X.png
    ElderlycrawfishKeithBlankzillaDouglasDangerDedwrekkaRainfallWeedLordVegetaMagell
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Can we talk about Chip Zdarsky and Kris Anka's diehard commitment to Peter Quill Abs

    I had to go back and check but so far every issue of Star-Lord has Peter shirtless.

    And every time he walks through the park, people are checking out his goods

    PSN/Steam - Elderlycrawfish
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Can we talk about Chip Zdarsky and Kris Anka's diehard commitment to Peter Quill Abs

    I had to go back and check but so far every issue of Star-Lord has Peter shirtless.

    And every time he walks through the park, people are checking out his goods

    That's called "realistic storytelling".

    lh5oqqz.gif
    KeithZonugalElderlycrawfishRainfallLorahaloMagell
  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Can we talk about Chip Zdarsky and Kris Anka's diehard commitment to Peter Quill Abs

    I had to go back and check but so far every issue of Star-Lord has Peter shirtless.

    And every time he walks through the park, people are checking out his goods

    Amazing what happens when you have two LGBTQ creators on a comic instead of straight guys

    RainfallStraightziCalica
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    Hawkeye also has a pretty solid female gaze, which I appreciate.

    lh5oqqz.gif
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    Point of order, you can make a finely-tuned machine that generates chaos.

    lh5oqqz.gif
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    are you somehow insinuating trump is bad at metaphors!?!?!

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    are you somehow insinuating trump is bad at metaphors!?!?!

    Absolutely not.




    He said "like" so clearly he's bad at similes.

    lh5oqqz.gif
    ToxAndy JoeMagellGonmunBobble
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Hawkeye also has a pretty solid female gaze, which I appreciate.

    hawkeye_best_superhero_header.jpg

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    SnicketysnickDouglasDangerCalica
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    I meant the new one featuring Hawkeye. You know, Kate Bishop? Hawkeye?

    lh5oqqz.gif
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    And now that I've actually caught up on it, gosh I love the current Star-Lord so much

    6F32U1X.png
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Logan's embargo is apparently up so reviews are trickling in. They seem to be largely positive.

    http://io9.gizmodo.com/logan-is-beautiful-sophisticated-and-still-a-kick-ass-1792467103

    scale3nk0.png
    DouglasDanger
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Revenge of Purple Steve Registered User regular
    Namor stuff is interesting. Makes we wonder when we'll start hearing more about 2020 and beyond. Their big reveal was back in 2014!

    n_zpsb1ejvspv.png
  • FakefauxFakefaux Humbaba My friend, we have reduced the forest to a wasteland, how shall we answer Enlil in Nippur?Registered User regular
    I wonder if the Namor stuff is because they see the Aquaman solo movie coming like a juggernaut, and they know full well that if it picks up any steam there's really no point in ever introducing Namor.

  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Revenge of Purple Steve Registered User regular
    Fakefaux wrote: »
    I wonder if the Namor stuff is because they see the Aquaman solo movie coming like a juggernaut, and they know full well that if it picks up any steam there's really no point in ever introducing Namor.

    That might be a bit if it, but they also need to start planning for the what they're going to do once everyones contract runs out. They'll need a fresh infusion of new heroes.

    n_zpsb1ejvspv.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    They need more enemies for BP to fight :3

    steam_sig.png
  • FakefauxFakefaux Humbaba My friend, we have reduced the forest to a wasteland, how shall we answer Enlil in Nippur?Registered User regular
    edited February 17
    Spoit wrote: »
    They need more enemies for BP to fight :3

    It's a bit worrying that they're cramming three of BP's villains into his first movie. Suggests they don't plant to reuse many of them.

    Fakefaux on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Peter only came back in the Ultimate Universe to definitively pass the torch to Miles and leave the life behind him of his own choosing.

    I ended up not sticking around with Miles once the Ultimate universe ended because - at that point - the only reason why I kept reading that book was because it was fairly standalone and had little to do with any other book. And yes, I did get frustrated when there were random events that broke up the middle of the story.

    I must say, giving Miles a God Touch OKHO was a preeeeeeetty bad idea.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Fencingsax
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    Fakefaux wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    They need more enemies for BP to fight :3

    It's a bit worrying that they're cramming three of BP's villains into his first movie. Suggests they don't plant to reuse many of them.

    My weak hope is that it means they're going to stop shelving/killing all their villains in a single movie. T'Challa already got his introduction--this movie is the introduction for his rogues gallery.

    lh5oqqz.gif
    SpoitZonugalBobble
This discussion has been closed.