As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Stuff! Thor is covered in brains!

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Furu wrote: »
    the first arc of Eddie Brock-as-Venom has him fighting Stegron's dinosaur army and is entitled "The Land Before Crime"

this may be the fastest I've 180'd on a book

finally, a comic book for me

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Hope they squeeze in 3 issues of Secret Empire in June like they did in May.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    the most fucked up thing about civil war is scott lang just got out of prison, and then hanging out with captain america for a single fucking day gets him locked up in a super secret ultra prison.

steve better fuckin' apologize to him every goddamn day.

They made it pretty clear that what they were doing was not legal and gave him a chance to back out. The thing about Lang is that he went to jail in the first place because he broke the law tring to do the right thing. He's probably the character most thematically appropriate for that situation.

Undead Scottsman on
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    the first arc of Eddie Brock-as-Venom has him fighting Stegron's dinosaur army and is entitled "The Land Before Crime"

They had literally an entire decade of comic books for you.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

They had literally an entire decade of comic books for you.

and now it's back, baby

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    How do you guys feel about the Mary Jane Watson-Parker variant covers?

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I think it feels odd

the Gwen covers were connected to the Spider-Gwen push, but Mary Jane's not getting her own series much less any notable push

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The Gwen covers got us Gwenpool.

Are the Mary Jane covers going to give us Mary Jane Parker again?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Can someone please say no to Dan Slott writing Spider-Man anymore? It's been someone else's turn for a good while now. I still think he should have tagged out after Superior.

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    "Thinks for thanking of me" is pretty great.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular

Man, then why would he do things like hint at it during the Regent fight awhile ago?

It will never happen until the next generation of comic writers work at Marvel and are nostalgic for the Spider-Man comics of their youth.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    spider-man being married was always dumb anyway

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    Disagree there.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Newspaper spider-man is still married and its still great

2x39jD4.jpg
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Superheroes not being allowed to have multi-faceted and happy lives is perhaps the most consistent mistake of the entire genre

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Comic writers' obsession with breaking up couples is annoying.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Yeah, like Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde

this post is half me being serious and half being a jerk

6F32U1X.png
    It's a little too literal of a reading of all stories need conflict, generally. And will they or won't they stay together is pretty low-hanging fruit as far as that goes. And it makes writers think that it that it shuts the door on further story opportunities.

Which is especially annoying with Spider-Man. Because half of Parker's problems pre-marriage are mundane every day problems that are super relatable. When marriage comes a long you should be able to draw from even a bigger pool of mundane problems that super-heroing and marriage would pull from. But nope.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    Mr. G wrote: »

The amount of failed Kitty relationships alone is getting tiring.

And I dunno. Comics can be neat in that generally a marriage or starting the relationship are what happen at the end of a story. Serial comics are one of the few mediums where they regularly have to show the actual day to day of a relationship. If anything they should lean harder into that.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Is anyone married in major Marvel comics anymore?

Are Jessica Jones and Luke (were they ever)?

When I think long lasting Marvel couples I think (and I'm just drawing off nostalgia):

Cyclops/Phoenix
    Storm/Black Panther (I actually think Storm/Forge but I dont think that lasted too long)
    Nightcrawler/Amanda Sefton
    Kitty/Colossus
    Spidey/MJ
    ProfessorX/Moira
    Reed/Sue
    Tony/Pepper

...and I think all of those are gone? Except maybe Reed/Sue.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    Reed and Sue are together but they are like weird semi-Gods now and don't get to be in comics anymore.

• Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Reed/Sue is the only one I can think off.

Tony/Pepper; I always find funny, because they were in the comics definitely not a couple for a long, long while. Pepper was with Hogan, Tony with various women (First kiss in Busiek's run between Tony and Pepper had them immediately be very turned off)

I think Northstar is still married? But he married not that long ago and his husband whole character is "Northstar's husband".

.... Absorbing Man/Titania?

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Yeah she really needs to just come out of the closet already.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Or just stop dating guys named Peter.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Young Jean can help her with that

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    I would ship Rachel and Kitty if it was done right.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Jessica and Luke were a great pairing and a good example of a married super hero couple.

Though it looks like Bendis is tearing that down so....

mxmarks wrote: »

When I think long lasting Marvel couples I think (and I'm just drawing off nostalgia):

Cyclops/Phoenix
    Storm/Black Panther (I actually think Storm/Forge but I dont think that lasted too long)
    Kitty/Colossus
    Spidey/MJ
    ProfessorX/Moira
    Reed/Sue
    Tony/Pepper

Yes, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage got married in New Avengers Annual #1. They are still married, too.

Tony and Pepper were never really a couple in comics. She got married to Happy Hogan way back when and was married to him up until he died in Fraction's Iron Man run.

I don't recall Professor X and Moira ever being a couple either. He spent way more time with Lilandra (who is also dead now).

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    For reference, Kitty was pretty gay-coded back in the day:

http://www.xplainthexmen.com/2014/10/kitty-queer-by-sigrid-ellis/

I'd love it if the modern comics just embraced it wholesale. It would feel even more appropriate given who plays her in the movies.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Keith wrote: »

Young Jean can help her with that

There's some people who are very hopeful she'll finally hook up with Rachel in X-Men Gold due to Guggenheim saying something about an LGBTQ character in the series who has not been revealed yet

(although personally I think Kitty/Illyana is the more interesting relationship)

• never dienever die Registered User regular

Cyclops/Phoenix
    Kitty/Colossus
    Spidey/MJ
    ProfessorX/Moira
    Reed/Sue
    Tony/Pepper

Yes, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage got married in New Avengers Annual #1. They are still married, too.

Tony and Pepper were never really a couple in comics. She got married to Happy Hogan way back when and was married to him up until he died in Fraction's Iron Man run.

I don't recall Professor X and Moira ever being a couple either. He spent way more time with Lilandra (who is also dead now).

Also wasn't Moira romantically connected to Banshee up until her death? Starting at 1980 thru 2001? I don't remember them splitting up. Though to be fair I know little of X-Men during the 90s.

Hawkstone wrote: »

have you read Claremont and Davis' Excalibur?

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

yeah, as far as Claremont was concerned, Kitty and Rachel were his ultimate canon ship

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Jessica and Luke were a great pairing and a good example of a married super hero couple.

Though it looks like Bendis is tearing that down so....

"tearing it down" is harshly phrased considering he created and has basically written their entire relationship. It's not like his usual continuity errors

edited March 2017
    never die wrote: »

Cyclops/Phoenix
    Kitty/Colossus
    Spidey/MJ
    ProfessorX/Moira
    Reed/Sue
    Tony/Pepper

Also wasn't Moira romantically connected to Banshee up until her death? Starting at 1980 thru 2001? I don't remember them splitting up. Though to be fair I know little of X-Men during the 90s.

Xavier and Moira were a couple way before the founding of the X-Men. Xavier went to war and when he returned she was married to another guy. Her relationship with Xavier ever since was basically good friends.

Dizzy D on
  • HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

not in a loooooong time

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
This discussion has been closed.