As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cat [chat]

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    I got curious how ruffling feathers got transformed into rustling jimmies, so I googled it but Jimmy Rustling is apparently a real person fake person made up by CNN in a satire sense??

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/that-really-rustled-my-jimmies

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    my dad doesn't like dogs because i think he got bit by a dog as a youth

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    the norwegian idiom is usually used negatively - he didn't let himself be vippet av pinnen. The best translation of that is, he didn't let himself be disoncerted, he didn't lose his composure.

Being knocked off your perch is not that.

I'm only annoyed because somebody sells a book that says "translate idioms more gooder" and gets it wrong

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Wanted to learn about rustling jimmies. Now my own jimmies are rustled.

What a world.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    I am allergic to cats as well

All the hair I have itches

At least my scalp is safe

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Yessss, got to call a student anthropocentric

A+ work me

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    @TL DR

Someone e-mailed me that photo yesterday.

What's funny is that right now, laying in my room, I have the pistol, and that light and sight, so I can totes do that.

I might.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    "TL DR"

Someone e-mailed me that photo yesterday.

What's funny is that right now, laying in my room, I have the pistol, and that light and sight, so I can totes do that.

I might.

But... but...

its a shotgun pistol.... :)

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Same day Amazon delivery seems so excessive. Some part of me just looks upon it as a pinnacle of hubris and laziness. Doesn't mean I didn't use it.

• Options
    Same day Amazon delivery seems so excessive. Some part of me just looks upon it as a pinnacle of hubris and laziness. Doesn't mean I didn't use it.

It's fantastic

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »

It's fantastic

I know, but do I REALLY need a capture card and HD splitter right now, as opposed to tomorrow or Friday or even next week?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    My opinion on dogs: "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! PUPPY!"

My opinion on cats: "eh"

I do not hate cats. I just don't really care either way. I am just neutral on them.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Like my cousin hated cats and would shit talk them as disgusting and so on and one day I just like, had enough and was like Mike, the fuck is your problem with cats

Explain yourself. Don't just say "I'm a dog person" or "cats are gross", explain like a grown up.

And when it came right down to it? He found the concept of a litter box like... offensive and disgusting. That was his hang-up with cats. If you owned a cat it meant you had to keep a box of cat shit in your house, and he found that fucking disgusting on an intolerable level. Especially because many cat owners don't clean the litter box every day, so it's just sitting there.

And that was it. He just had a big hang up about that. From there he like, invented other things to be mad about but brass tacks that was his reason.

I will leave that up to the individual to determine if that's childish and asinine to get huffy about. I certainly think so.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I haven't bought anything on Amazon in a month because they refuse to pull ads from Breitbart. I even emailed Jeff Bezos about it.

But

But I assumed they'd cave. They're missing out on tens of dollars a week!

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »

It's fantastic

I know, but do I REALLY need a capture card and HD splitter right now, as opposed to tomorrow or Friday or even next week?

Yes

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    uqn1hqqzu2hs.jpg
    meow

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    i love all furry and feathered animals

much more than people

sorry [chat]

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    Oh look opinions time to ignore them outright

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    I haven't bought anything on Amazon in a month because they refuse to pull ads from Breitbart. I even emailed Jeff Bezos about it.

But

But I assumed they'd cave. They're missing out on tens of dollars a week!

My counter is Bezos owns the Washington Post which basically has the mission statement, "Destroy the Trump administration."

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    People who hate cats and/or dogs are weird.

Preferring one or the other is fine. Not having any special affection for them because you're like, allergic or something is understandable.

But every now and again you run into a self-identified "dog person" or "cat person" who is more than just all about their dog or cat, they're downright hostile to the other sort of pet and they're kinda weird about it.

Often it's based on negative personal experience or trauma (as such prejudice often is) but sometimes its just inexplicable animosity that should probably get unpacked.

Dogs are good, cats are good.

It is okay to prefer one over the other.

If you are poopy about it, y tho

I mean

If like me you have a trauma induced phobia and just prefer not to be around that kind of animal, I can't really hold that against someone

I've worked on it a lot and I can stand being around dogs now, I'll pet them and such so long as they keep their mouths away from my hands and don't like, lick me, I'm good

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    ChelleYeah wrote: »

much more than people

sorry [chat]

what about scaly animals
    are you discriminatory

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    god damnit, I can't get the HMO through work because I live in a different state, the cheapest health insurance I can get is absolute fucking garbage, still costs $214 a month, and has a $3500 deductible

so under the ACA if I don't buy it I get a fine, because the dog shit is $12 under being 8% of my annual income, but I definitely won't be able to afford to use any of these except the most expensive one, which I can't really afford the monthly fee for, and is over 10% of my income and should qualify me for a subsidy - but won't because the dog shit exists

override367 on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    my dad doesn't like dogs because i think he got bit by a dog as a youth

one of my brothers got clawed across one of his eyes by a cat

but my thinking at the time was, well, that's what you get for bothering a cat

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

much more than people

sorry [chat]

what about scaly animals
    are you discriminatory

yes

• Options
    brb quitting job so I don't have to deal with health insurance anymore

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Like my cousin hated cats and would shit talk them as disgusting and so on and one day I just like, had enough and was like Mike, the fuck is your problem with cats

Explain yourself. Don't just say "I'm a dog person" or "cats are gross", explain like a grown up.

And when it came right down to it? He found the concept of a litter box like... offensive and disgusting. That was his hang-up with cats. If you owned a cat it meant you had to keep a box of cat shit in your house, and he found that fucking disgusting on an intolerable level. Especially because many cat owners don't clean the litter box every day, so it's just sitting there.

And that was it. He just had a big hang up about that. From there he like, invented other things to be mad about but brass tacks that was his reason.

I will leave that up to the individual to determine if that's childish and asinine to get huffy about. I certainly think so.

It's childish to blow it up, sure, but....

i like cats and I don't have one specifically for that reason. It makes me retch to clean up litter boxes.

• Options
    TTODewback wrote: »

much more than people

sorry [chat]

what about scaly animals
    are you discriminatory

yes

this betrayal

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Man reading newspapers must be really hard for foreign speakers, because they're the hardest to translate and there's tons of words and idioms you've probably never seen before

and that aren't logical in the slighest

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I think sneks are adorable.

I cannot be alone in this.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I guess I want a dog and two cats. That would be my ideal pet allowance.

Maybe a pony as well.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    if I HAVE to buy health insurance I might as well buy the most expensive insurance and actually use it, and be condemned to live with my nephew forever because I'm spending a huge percentage of my net income on healthcare at age 32 without any chronic conditions

Every time I have to deal with health insurance I experience a knot of hatred for conservatives the country over who like this nonsense

override367 on
  • Options
    do not like snakes or bugs. some cute lizards are ok though

• Options
    god damnit, I can't get the HMO through work because I live in a different state, the cheapest health insurance I can get is absolute fucking garbage, still costs $214 a month, and has a $3500 deductible

so under the ACA if I don't buy it I get a fine, because the dog shit is $12 under being 8% of my annual income, but I definitely won't be able to afford to use any of these except the most expensive one, which I can't really afford the monthly fee for, and is over 10% of my income and should qualify me for a subsidy - but won't because the dog shit exists

yeah the mandate sucks

just a real bad idea

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    5RfypoMh.jpg

(pretty, but in retrospect not the best of ideas; the massive spreading branches of Albiza Saman are prone to breaking off in thunderstorms)

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    j26gakeaxl0e.jpg

• Options
    if I HAVE to buy health insurance I might as well buy the most expensive insurance and actually use it, and be condemned to live with my nephew forever because I'm spending 30% of my net income on healthcare at age 32 without any chronic conditions

join the club brah

• Options

I mean

if you have a litter box (that gets used) you are giving up one of the great benefits of cats, namely that they dispose of their shit themselves

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

*smiles Medicaidly*

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular

It's almost as if the most convoluted route was chosen to force socialized medicine into the receptor of capitalism... and nope, it just don't fit.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    kedinik wrote: »

*smiles Medicaidly*

For now.

Don't worry it will be gone by next fiscal year.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.