As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cat [chat]

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Gross, don't lump me in with those Dr Who nerds
    I dunno have you seen the Doctor's thesis on non-linear narratives in anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gIS5AKcZGA

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    credeiki wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    I can never tell if Shiv is weird as a bit or if she is really just weird. I assume that's her intention.

You should ask those who've met me in person - spool, bleric, belasco, quid, mazzy, sig, etc.

Uhh who else

kedinik, elldren, arch, OH CREDEIKI, obvs, she's my bro, holy shit this list is long
    I would ask but whenever I ask chat something people just tell me to google it

It is both a bit and an actual thing; the weirdness is self-aware and well-crafted but also is not an inaccurate reflection of reality.

Or at least that's my read :P

This is the kindest thing you've ever said to me :P

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i have gone north, to strike out on my own among the iron veins and oh apparently i'm right next to desc

I'm on one of the river islands south of that

That building you saw says I own it as a glitch

It's override's

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Hrm. My backup battery/charger for my cellphones is dead. And I am trying to talk myself out of buying a 30000mAh battery.

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Kobold, if it makes you feel any better, I was feeling overwhelmed by and despairing at my lack of ability right up until I got my CS degree and then also past that point up to the current time.

hth

Doctor who isn't even a database

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Spider-Man died for our sins.
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Kobold, if it makes you feel any better, I was feeling overwhelmed by and despairing at my lack of ability right up until I got my CS degree and then also past that point up to the current time.

hth

Is there anybody that doesn't feel like an impostor forever?

you guys are overintellectualizing the question

shivahn is a total weirdo

tumblr_okgbj7U5t11ufsksxo4_400.jpg

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    desc wrote: »
    you guys are overintellectualizing the question

shivahn is a total weirdo

HEY

QUIET YOU

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2017
    shivahn is demonstrably a weirdo. whether it's performative or just a natural presentation of her personality is up for discussion

you can find my analysis of the matter- coupled with anemic, almost nonexistent supporting data- in the library of congress

Organichu on
    It's not inaccurate to say that I do not attempt to present a persona, here, such that in person I am similar (Cleric has said I am "more silly," actually), but the particular kinds of weirdness that come our are mirrored reflections of y'all and my joke impulses are only made flesh by the starting off points that chat presents.

Which is to say it is you who are weird.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i have gone north, to strike out on my own among the iron veins and oh apparently i'm right next to desc

It's override's
    now i'm real confused because i am not near any river islands

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    Organichu wrote: »
    shivahn is demonstrably a weirdo. whether it's performative or just a natural presentation of her personality is up for discussion

you can find my analysis of the matter- coupled with anemic, almost nonexistent supporting data- in the library of congress

I'd argue that all presentations of our personality are performative, or at the very least, reactionary.

I'd argue that all presentations of our personality are performative, or at the very least, reactionary.

*idly strokes lower lip*

mmm

quite

i'm open to this line of argument

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Wait I don't think shiv is weird at all!

sig.gif

It's override's

sorry, i mean

the building you are near is not really mine

it doesn't really matter either way, but for some reason override's building says I own it

we dunno why

I am in the bro zone along the absolute southern edge of the map, in the large part of the river

there are other houses down there too

oh yeah then where's my oscar for this masterpiece performance

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Atomika wrote: »
    I find that some homophobes are more distressed by men acting effeminately than by men kissing or fucking

They are more concerned with the violation of gender roles and expectations and aesthetics than by the sex acts, except insofar as those acts are considered effeminate

I imagine this correlates strongly with transphobia

this is the root of a lot of the "m4m, no homo" stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd2NBZ_apg0

picard.jpg

Atomika on

You're not foolin' anyone!

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Now that we're all unmasked and sexually vulnerable,

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Now that we're all unmasked and sexually vulnerable,
    We are all prisoners of our own butts.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Nah, Shiv is weird. But weird ain't bad.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Shiv is one of our resident evil scientists.

We are richer for it.

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

You're not foolin' anyone!

You're downright boring!

sig.gif
    but some people have things, right

i am a natural sad sacker, hungry person, high class aspirant

you commonly bookend thoughts with 'buuuut then again my gf and i talked about dog orgasms on our first date so maybe i'm biased', and other socially unusual morbid/scientific benchmarks

desc is a morose aesthetic-fukkboi preoccupied with imagery and the iconography of subcultures (cars, sad women, et cetera)

so then, when we come to people who don't have especially strong, memetic personalities with recognizable constructs and repeatable patterns

are they the boring, dead eyed weirdos

or we the self indulgent performers

hmmm

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

you commonly bookend thoughts with 'buuuut then again my gf and i talked about dog orgasms on our first date so maybe i'm biased', and other socially unusual morbid/scientific benchmarks

desc is a morose aesthetic-fukkboi preoccupied with imagery and the iconography of subcultures (cars, sad women, et cetera)

so then, when we come to people who don't have especially strong, memetic personalities with recognizable constructs and repeatable patterns

hmmm

The answer is yes.

The pink cow is lurking.

I see you.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

hmmm

We are the reoccurring extras of [chat]. Like the guy who runs the Klingon restaurant in DS9. Completely forgettable but part of the constant background.

u7stthr17eud.png
    is any of this even meaningful etc

boy, i'll give you something to accurately summarize me about

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

hmmm

ok first of all that was a second date and second of all it was hyena clitorises

Third of all good point that is an example of how I am in real life

(first date I did talk about getting freedom groped at the airport though)

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    The pink cow is lurking.

I see you.
    rZ0FQSx.jpg?1

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I find that some homophobes are more distressed by men acting effeminately than by men kissing or fucking

They are more concerned with the violation of gender roles and expectations and aesthetics than by the sex acts, except insofar as those acts are considered effeminate

I imagine this correlates strongly with transphobia

this is the root of a lot of the "m4m, no homo" stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd2NBZ_apg0

picard.jpg

dont look at me I just know stuff

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

It's override's

sorry, i mean

the building you are near is not really mine

it doesn't really matter either way, but for some reason override's building says I own it

we dunno why

I am in the bro zone along the absolute southern edge of the map, in the large part of the river

there are other houses down there too

Last I was on I was at the far end of the river in the west. I dunno if anyone has built up any further along though

fuck gendered marketing

Probably not. Constantly doing meaningful shit is tiring and leaves no time for vidja.

The morbidness is an outgrowth of the extreme discomfort I feel with what I do day to day, incidentally.

That's not... me, that's me grappling with horrible paralyzing guilt.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    It's not inaccurate to say that I do not attempt to present a persona, here, such that in person I am similar (Cleric has said I am "more silly," actually), but the particular kinds of weirdness that come our are mirrored reflections of y'all and my joke impulses are only made flesh by the starting off points that chat presents.

Which is to say it is you who are weird.

It is we who are the reflections, and you who is real?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius

Probably not. Constantly doing meaningful shit is tiring and leaves no time for vidja.

but vidyas are even more boring than navel gazing introspection

*looks disgustedly at steam and origin*

This discussion has been closed.