As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cat [chat]

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out how to get a book of hidden bodies in Fallen London, as I am not yet a POSI. Been engaging in quite the shenanigans though.

What's your name in the game?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Tonights SVU was rough
    A star kid on a kids hockey team sodomized another player (his best friend) with a stick for missing a game winning shot the kid ends up dying and it cause the star kids dad put the kid up to it cause hes an abusive POS who trying to raise the next Gretzky

Jesus svu come on now

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Alazull I'm not drinking too much right now but I can point you in the right direction of some great places here if you visit!

very suspicious sogmind

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Elki are you playing Vermintide now? I played it a bunch a while ago but haven't played much lately, if you're on PC I could ride again.

Dang, no, we're on Xbox. I picked it up, and so did Castle, Shark, and prop. We played the two hour trial without porp and had a lot of fun, so we decided to get it.

Its a pretty good game. I recommend learning to use the dodge ability ASAP (back / side + jump), it opens up a gigantic amount of strategy in your fights.

I kind of remember it from the tutorial, but in the game proper I only did twice and by accident.

Dodging has some weird cancel properties and can interrupt or be performed during animations, so for some weapons using dodge is a really big deal.

Enemy tracking is deceptively poor, and you can dodge quite a few attacks with practice. Dodging doesn't lock you into a blocking animation, so dodging is better than blocking most of the time. You can also attack, wait for the hit-confirm portion of the attack, and then immediately dodge backwards to sneak in an otherwise risky attack. Some weapons have a recoil animations after your attack that you can dodge during, which doesn't cancel the animation but gets you out of harms way while you ready your weapon again (two handed hammer is a good example).

You can dodge overhead rat ogre attacks and you can block horizontal rat ogre attacks (but you still get punted).

The combat has quite a bit of hidden depth to it, hope you enjoy the game.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    It would probably go well with my two-handed hammer style. Dodge-smash instead of hold-block, push-smash.

Do you like the emperor Yankee Doodle dandy? I love the witch hunter

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Alazull I'm not drinking too much right now but I can point you in the right direction of some great places here if you visit!

very suspicious sogmind

Yeah who could ever crack this case!!

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out how to get a book of hidden bodies in Fallen London, as I am not yet a POSI. Been engaging in quite the shenanigans though.

What's your name in the game?

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/SniperGuy210

SniperGuy210 I believe

• Options
    Elki are you playing Vermintide now? I played it a bunch a while ago but haven't played much lately, if you're on PC I could ride again.

Dang, no, we're on Xbox. I picked it up, and so did Castle, Shark, and prop. We played the two hour trial without porp and had a lot of fun, so we decided to get it.

Its a pretty good game. I recommend learning to use the dodge ability ASAP (back / side + jump), it opens up a gigantic amount of strategy in your fights.

I kind of remember it from the tutorial, but in the game proper I only did twice and by accident.

Dodging has some weird cancel properties and can interrupt or be performed during animations, so for some weapons using dodge is a really big deal.

Enemy tracking is deceptively poor, and you can dodge quite a few attacks with practice. Dodging doesn't lock you into a blocking animation, so dodging is better than blocking most of the time. You can also attack, wait for the hit-confirm portion of the attack, and then immediately dodge backwards to sneak in an otherwise risky attack. Some weapons have a recoil animations after your attack that you can dodge during, which doesn't cancel the animation but gets you out of harms way while you ready your weapon again (two handed hammer is a good example).

You can dodge overhead rat ogre attacks and you can block horizontal rat ogre attacks (but you still get punted).

The combat has quite a bit of hidden depth to it, hope you enjoy the game.

Oh man, this is super helpful, thank you! And I totally got punted by the rat ogre yesterday.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    My five favorite beers:

Blue Point Toasted Lager

Sam Adams Summer Ale
    Delerium Tremens
    Балтика #7
    Zywiec

I had that last night

My date liked it and I did not

Which was fine

No more questions! This interview is over!

No we have the same avatars so you like the beers I like now

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Tonights SVU was rough
    A star kid on a kids hockey team sodomized another player (his best friend) with a stick for missing a game winning shot the kid ends up dying and it cause the star kids dad put the kid up to it cause hes an abusive POS who trying to raise the next Gretzky

Jesus svu come on now

It's SVU. Last week they had a situation where the mother was fucking her son's best friend. The son came home early and heard his mother crying out. So he grabbed a hunting rifle, then came across the mother being railed in the living room. She screamed she was being raped in the dark, he fired a warning shot but killed his best friend.

I'm pretty sure I could do an SVU plot generator but it needs like 12 fucked up items to be joined.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    so you know how a few days i mentioned a passing interest in python

so you know what i just did
    download haskell like an ass a boss

A Kobold's Kobold on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I suspect there are not a small amount of SVU's audience that feels the stories really are ripped from the headlines.

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I suspect there are not a small amount of SVU's audience that feels the stories really are ripped from the headlines.

I have the le this story a bunch but when my mother in law visited us in DC, we were on the metro and they announced the chinatown stop

she confided that chinatown was v dangerous, she'd seen it on svu (or something similar)

• Options
    It would probably go well with my two-handed hammer style. Dodge-smash instead of hold-block, push-smash.

The two handed hammer is super fun. And I like the blunderbuss, even though it's super slow; can't spam it like you do with an uncharged bow. But we'll be picking up rares and legendaries pretty soon, I'm sure, and maybe that will entail some playstyle changes.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Tonights SVU was rough

Jesus svu come on now

It's SVU. Last week they had a situation where the mother was fucking her son's best friend. The son came home early and heard his mother crying out. So he grabbed a hunting rifle, then came across the mother being railed in the living room. She screamed she was being raped in the dark, he fired a warning shot but killed his best friend.

I'm pretty sure I could do an SVU plot generator but it needs like 12 fucked up items to be joined.

Oh. My. God.

And I thought the one where Christopher meloni basically framed a sex offender right after he got out of prison or whatever was absurd

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    My five favorite beers:

Blue Point Toasted Lager

Sam Adams Summer Ale
    Delerium Tremens
    Балтика #7
    Zywiec

I had that last night

My date liked it and I did not

Which was fine

No more questions! This interview is over!

No we have the same avatars so you like the beers I like now

Now look here you lager-swilling face thief,

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    dammit I can't sleep.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I'm getting too awkward for my own good tonight.

Good night, y'all. Pleasant dreams.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Tonights SVU was rough

Jesus svu come on now

@TonightonSVU

Dooooo it

• Options

The two handed hammer is super fun. And I like the blunderbuss, even though it's super slow; can't spam it like you do with an uncharged bow. But we'll be picking up rares and legendaries pretty soon, I'm sure, and maybe that will entail some playstyle changes.

Sweet,sweet loots

I wonder what difficulty friendly fire kicks in cause that'll be bad. I don't trust porp!

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

If you didn't already know, clearing every non-DLC map in the game gives you access to a quest / bounty system that is a great way to earn extra rewards.

Not sure if its advertised in the tutorial or not.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    My five favorite beers:

Blue Point Toasted Lager
    Sam Adams Summer Ale
    Delerium Tremens
    Балтика #7
    Zywiec

I stayed for 2 months in the city where they make Балтика but I did not go take a factory tour.
    Regrets...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    kednick did I see you post earlier that this lady likes you but you are meh on it

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    My five favorite beers:

Blue Point Toasted Lager
    Sam Adams Summer Ale
    Delerium Tremens
    Балтика #7
    Zywiec

I stayed for 2 months in the city where they make Балтика but I did not go take a factory tour.
    Regrets...

I went to Mari Vanna tonight. Sooooo goooood.

• Options
    @Elendil I have discovered the true power that makes the world in Nioh

DISCORD

when you apply two statuses to a guy he gets it and oh my god it's a death sentence

I'm gonna build around it with an element weapon then a fast cast other element

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    @Elki dont be insulting the blunderbuss.

I will show you a rate of fire on a fucking blunderbuss...

(I bought a blunderbuss this week)

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    kednick did I see you post earlier that this lady likes you but you are meh on it

I posted that, yes

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Tonights SVU was rough

Jesus svu come on now

Oh. My. God.

And I thought the one where Christopher meloni basically framed a sex offender right after he got out of prison or whatever was absurd

Oh no, they have gone full on absurd. They are a season away from crimes that are physically impossible. And basically all of them are set up to give Olivia a "Mother Moment". But they require Ice-T to say more absurd things.

• Options
    I can't believe it's 1am and I'm still at a bar. I'm not terribly far from the train but I may uber it home.

• Options

I posted that, yes

okay I'll just commit this update to the database then

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    My five favorite beers:

Blue Point Toasted Lager
    Sam Adams Summer Ale
    Delerium Tremens
    Балтика #7
    Zywiec

Regrets...

I went to Mari Vanna tonight. Sooooo goooood.

They have one in DC too! I have never been though.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    I can't believe it's 1am and I'm still at a bar. I'm not terribly far from the train but I may uber it home.

From what I've observed you are always at a bar or a hooters but you buy infinite steam games you can't play at the bar or hooters

• Options
    also it's hard when you are so attractive and desirable but you're not feelin your date

boy so I know that feel, fellow attractive youth

• Options

I have the le this story a bunch but when my mother in law visited us in DC, we were on the metro and they announced the chinatown stop

she confided that chinatown was v dangerous, she'd seen it on svu (or something similar)

Sounds right.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    forget it, jake

it's svutown

• Options
    We make jokes about dossiers but I actually do take extensive mental notes on some forumers so I can see how they're doing because I'm like that.

• Options
    And before y'all criticize me, I have mixed feelings about uber working during the protest. Now I didn't go to the protest anyway, admitted. But if I was going to go? Zero chance I would actually go if all the cab and car services also decided to strike. Because that would have been my main/only way home. I get the criticism but I can't fault them too much. Even protesters need a way home.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I know SVU is totally absurd but I still like it.

• Options
    Like the thing with SVU is you can guess where the twists will be. But they are so absurd that you can't figure out what the twist actually is.

• Options

From what I've observed you are always at a bar or a hooters but you buy infinite steam games you can't play at the bar or hooters

I'm at a non-Hooters bar and my waitress used to work at Hooters but I am playing a game and its called geishsidbeoehwyquagabdodbeiwhwwjveeishsbsastein. It's played like this: You order a beer and then you drink it. Repeat.

This discussion has been closed.