As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Orbfest and Fest banner 2 live! Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Yeah we don't get the same banners as Japan, but often ours are actually slightly better. I mean in general, of course the value of any banner is going to depend on what you already have. Frankly the only one of Japan's anniversary banners that interests me at all was the fourth one, the others are just not that great for me.

Well the Ultros banner is pretty awesome, though even then I already have two Blood Swords, Onion Gauntlets, Cecil's Excalibur and a 5+ Platinum Sword. Even with 4 of the items being things I have already, the other 7 are amazing. Even Aerith's BSB is perfectly serviceable (though obviously I'd rather have Y'shtola's). Our Ultros banner should hopefully be even better, if they drop Cecil's Excalibur and replace it with something else. I'm really interested to find out how our voting went. A buddy of mine is convinced that our votes don't matter and we'll just get Japan's Ultros Select, which would honestly be fine by me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    I definitely hope it'll be different from JP's, I already have five of the items on that one. The only draw on the JP one for me would be 3/4 of the OSB's.

For BSB's; OK is obviously going to be on there and Asylum probably too, but I hope we get better choices for the other two.
    I can't really remember what we could vote on though.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    oh gods.... time to enter that into the planning sheet
    I'm going to have 270 mythril by the time the next FFXIII event rolls in. It's going to be tempting to make a single 50 mythril pull on the XII banner 2 to try to get Ashe's BSB but holding off on it will allow me to budget 300-350 mythril on attempting Squall's BSB2

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    We're now up to 69 total bonus Mythril in the 5 weeks leading up to the festival.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Rius wrote: »
    We're now up to 69 total bonus Mythril in the 5 weeks leading up to the festival.

Nice

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Noice

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Finally beat Chaos U++ with mastery. Haven't cleared an event since FFV so that felt nice.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    DENA will tonight put up a list of which characters were used the most in each Nightmare fight.

Guess which character appears on every single top 5 list, and in the #1 slot of nearly all of them?

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    DENA will tonight put up a list of which characters were used the most in each Nightmare fight.

Guess which character appears on every single top 5 list, and in the #1 slot of nearly all of them?

Ooh! It's Kimahri, right?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Wow, that "select nightmare" banner is hilariously bad.

The only item I have on the JP Ultros Select is Shout, so I would be pretty OK with that banner staying the same.

Among the JP festival banners, I have almost exactly one item each (two on banner 5), so it would be pretty hard for them to ruin all of the banners for me just by shuffling them around. I'm sure they'll find a way, though.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Japan Anniversary banners for the curious.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/53njru/jp_ffrk_2nd_anniversary_megathread/

Definitely won't be what we get, if for no other reason than it has relics for characters like Curilla, but we never get the same things as Japan for whatever reason.

First banner:
    1 dupe, maybe 3ish things I want

Second banner:
    2 dupes, maybe 1.5ish things I want

Third banner:
    1 dupe, 1 thing I sort of want

Fourth banner:
    3 dupes, maybe 3ish things I want

Fifth banner:
    2 dupes, 2.5ish things I want

Ultros Select:
    6 dupes, 3ish things I want

So yeah. Not thrilled with the lineup and definitely want reshuffling. Hoping mostly that Ultros Select is drastically changed, although I fear it'll be for the worse.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    What day does the anniversary stuff start?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    FFRK Global's anniversary date is March 26th, though it was playable on the 25th afaik. There should be some content (Record Missions, start of Orbfest, lucky draws) in the week or so preceding that date, and the Fest banners (and second half of Orbfest) on/after it.

Ultros Select should be changing to match the results of the NA poll we had last week. If you've got dupes of most of the items on it, I would hazard to say that it's not the banner for you. I myself have Terra's OSB, Pecil's BSB and Shout, so it's a decent banner for me.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Brody wrote: »
    What day does the anniversary stuff start?

Last year, orbfest began March 16th, banners began March 25th. There wasn't anything else going on though, while this should have half-priced realm stuff, the Record X dungeons, CMs for random realm story dungeons, etc.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    This is the first fest where I am really really hoping for as minimal of a shuffle as possible. That fourth banner is extremely awesome and has exactly zero duplicates for me. Alphinaud's relics, Orlandeau OSB, and a whole bunch of other stuff that I would be very happy to get. I'm absolutely expecting everything to be shuffled all over the place, but a man can dream.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular

Ramza?

Yshtola?

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Ramza?

Yshtola?

Ramza and Y'shtola are both close to useless for 10/12 dungeons.

It's Tyro.
    https://www.ffrkcentral.com/blog/2017/02/20/upcoming-in-app-announcement-all-nightmare-du

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Tyro is obviously #1, but I would not call Ramza useless in 10/12 dungeons. Shout is amazing in any of the physical dungeons, even if he doesn't get synergy. You can potentially use him as a ninja in some of the magic dungeons if that's your only hastega.

Yshtola is definitely not useless in any dungeon, Wall is still Wall, Asylum is still ludicrous healing, and many of the later nightmares require a healer even if the first several don't.

Fry on
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Fry wrote: »
    Tyro is obviously #1, but I would not call Ramza useless in 10/12 dungeons. Shout is amazing in any of the physical dungeons, even if he doesn't get synergy. You can potentially use him as a ninja in some of the magic dungeons if that's your only hastega.

Yshtola is definitely not useless in any dungeon, Wall is still Wall, Asylum is still ludicrous healing, and many of the later nightmares require a healer even if the first several don't.

Any 5* for that dungeon is still going to outperform him, and Shout's usefulness is severely diminished when everything has super synergy at a relatively low Atk cap.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Oh good. Another way of trolling people in multiplayer in future events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8rppOt34Wc

Mortibody's vulnerable to stop. If he's reduced to 0 HP while stopped, he tries to steal HP from Seymour, but can't because he's stopped. Still at 0 HP, so tries to steal HP, etc etc. Infinite loop. Softlock. Thanks for playing.

After using Omniscient as a multiplayer boss, I'm getting the feeling (ie certainty) that they don't really think/test the multiplayer stuff at all.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Disciplinary committee felt like the easiest ++ in ages.

I just brought VoF and SG and nuked them with an rw Hail to the queen and they died so fast.
    Chaos was so much harder with his annoying stop spam and elemental resistance.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    I'm going to set up some kind of one-man-destruction party with my Edgar OSB for that one. When I pulled it, I remarked that the next Disciplinary Committee party would be fun, but I didn't realize it'd be this soon and that it'd be U++ difficulty =)

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    FFRK Global's anniversary date is March 26th, though it was playable on the 25th afaik. There should be some content (Record Missions, start of Orbfest, lucky draws) in the week or so preceding that date, and the Fest banners (and second half of Orbfest) on/after it.

Ultros Select should be changing to match the results of the NA poll we had last week. If you've got dupes of most of the items on it, I would hazard to say that it's not the banner for you. I myself have Terra's OSB, Pecil's BSB and Shout, so it's a decent banner for me.

Isn't Ultros Select the free pull one? Should be the banner for everyone!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    No such thing as a banner for everyone =) It's kind of a banner for unlucky people, as it's theoretically loaded with the best chase items.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    I look forward to getting my 4th Platinum Sword, and third from some flavor of lucky draw.

And god willing, the 5th and 6th too!

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Calling it now: I will get Chant off-banner on the Ultros Select, because the gacha insists that I have every item for Ramza and loves to withhold top-line items

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Had nearly 300 mythril, and I've been looking for mage team stuff. I'd have been fine with basically anything on the second FFVIII banner except the party dress.

Of course the only 5* I got was the party dress.

:rotate:

I've got Tifa's BSB, so I have two enEarths now. Is there even an imperil earth out there?

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Calling it now: I will get Chant off-banner on the Ultros Select, because the gacha insists that I have every item for Ramza and loves to withhold top-line items

Chant is pretty great if you got a crit rate boosting SB.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »
    Had nearly 300 mythril, and I've been looking for mage team stuff. I'd have been fine with basically anything on the second FFVIII banner except the party dress.

Of course the only 5* I got was the party dress.

:rotate:

I've got Tifa's BSB, so I have two enEarths now. Is there even an imperil earth out there?

There is an imperil earth, but I'm pretty sure its on a monk BSB.

There is always Ingus enEarth BSB to get too. :)

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Yang has an AoE Imperil Earth SSB, and Guy's got some kind of one.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Cid nan Garlond has a BSB that stacks imperil earth but thats a very long ways off

PS. We get two banners tonight for the final combat nightmare

The combat nightmare banner itself has a really huge range of relics and will likely contain a shitload of dupes if you're a longterm player

the 12 month Nightmare Select banner is a trap, DO NOT PULL

it is utter garbage and would have even been bad 6-8 months ago

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I'm going to set up some kind of one-man-destruction party with my Edgar OSB for that one. When I pulled it, I remarked that the next Disciplinary Committee party would be fun, but I didn't realize it'd be this soon and that it'd be U++ difficulty =)

Yep, 75k-99k to all three targets depending on whether or not it crits. With just a +20% DMG RM and no +Poison gear, and Full Break/Armor Breakdown dances. That's pretty entertaining.

Edit: Two crits on the second shot; 275k damage with one SB bar, lol.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I used Team Lightning (Kain, Reno, and Cid IV) to clear the U++, though it took a couple tries for reasons that are likely apparent to the careful observer (which was not me when assembling the team, ha). Should be pretty exciting when Imperils are updated to stack.

Fry on
  • Options
    Hrm, if you already have 6 items on the Japanese Ultros Select banner, I'm not sure how plausible it is for any reshuffling to make it worse for you. Assuming the banner is influenced by our votes (and if it isn't, why have us vote?), I would be very surprised if the SSBs changed. Of those, I only have Shout. For the BSBs, I'm pretty sure that Cecil doesn't have quite the same fan club globally as he does in Japan, so his will probably be replaced. I would be highly surprised if OK and Y'sthola BSBs weren't on the banner, since they are two of the best items available. That leaves Aerith's BSB, which is fairly likely to remain since FF7 is really popular globally. I'd prefer it be replaced with Vanille's, of course, but Aerith's is still pretty good. For the OSBs I would guess that Cloud's will stay, again since FF7 is popular globally, while I'm not sure about the rest. Terra is a fan favorite, so it could stay, and I would hope that Tidus stays because aside from TGCid it's one of the best physical OSBs. Bartz might be replaced with somebody else, maybe Lightning or Zidane? I'd personally prefer Terra get replaced, since I have two copies of that already, and preferably with another physical OSB since I don't have any of those, but the OSB selection to me is really just a bunch of very similar options so I don't care that much which ones are there.

I have four of the items already, but I would quite like to have any of the other 7. Assuming standard distribution of relic percentages, I'm looking at 9/14 being something I would want. That's pretty good odds, especially if the first 11x draw is free.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Cid nan Garlond has a BSB that stacks imperil earth but thats a very long ways off

The combat nightmare banner itself has a really huge range of relics and will likely contain a shitload of dupes if you're a longterm player

It has a bunch of BSBs on it so 6-8 month ago it would have been ok. Not good but at least ok. Some of the SSBs wouldn't have been completely replaced either. As it is now only pull if you really want some rosetta stones.
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Hrm, if you already have 6 items on the Japanese Ultros Select banner, I'm not sure how plausible it is for any reshuffling to make it worse for you. Assuming the banner is influenced by our votes (and if it isn't, why have us vote?), I would be very surprised if the SSBs changed. Of those, I only have Shout. For the BSBs, I'm pretty sure that Cecil doesn't have quite the same fan club globally as he does in Japan, so his will probably be replaced. I would be highly surprised if OK and Y'sthola BSBs weren't on the banner, since they are two of the best items available. That leaves Aerith's BSB, which is fairly likely to remain since FF7 is really popular globally. I'd prefer it be replaced with Vanille's, of course, but Aerith's is still pretty good. For the OSBs I would guess that Cloud's will stay, again since FF7 is popular globally, while I'm not sure about the rest. Terra is a fan favorite, so it could stay, and I would hope that Tidus stays because aside from TGCid it's one of the best physical OSBs. Bartz might be replaced with somebody else, maybe Lightning or Zidane? I'd personally prefer Terra get replaced, since I have two copies of that already, and preferably with another physical OSB since I don't have any of those, but the OSB selection to me is really just a bunch of very similar options so I don't care that much which ones are there.

I have four of the items already, but I would quite like to have any of the other 7. Assuming standard distribution of relic percentages, I'm looking at 9/14 being something I would want. That's pretty good odds, especially if the first 11x draw is free.

I dream of one day understanding why people love Vanille's BSB so much. I just do not see the appeal in the least. Like I love it on Team White Mage since the built in resist break works aces when not healing, but that's super niche.

Gnizmo on
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I have Terra's OSB, Tidus's OSB, Cecil's BSB, Aerith's BSB, Ramza's SSB, and Celes's SSB.

So yeah. I'm not expecting even the global version of Ultros Select to change enough to be worth anything to me beyond the 0 cost pull, and even that's unlikely to give me anything besides a slightly improved stat stick. All my hopes are on the other fest banners getting shuffled up.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Vanille's BSB is super nice because of the instant cast and self MND buff. Sure healing doesn't scale as well as damage with buffs, but it still scales. I would personally prefer to have an instant heal command like Y'shtola instead of the nuke, but the nuke is also pretty nice with the mental breakdown effect. Mostly though I love the instant cast part (it's also why I really like Arc's instant medica + blink SSB), the MND buff (and burst mode of course) is just a nice little bonus.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »

It has a bunch of BSBs on it so 6-8 month ago it would have been ok. Not good but at least ok. Some of the SSBs wouldn't have been completely replaced either. As it is now only pull if you really want some rosetta stones.
    chrisnl wrote: »

I dream of one day understanding why people love Vanille's BSB so much. I just do not see the appeal in the least. Like I love it on Team White Mage since the built in resist break works aces when not healing, but that's super niche.

Instant cast party Curaga which is pretty much all the reason it's hyped up, especially for people looking to use it to clear Torments or that godawful Torment X. Clutch saves from full party wipe. AoE medica command which is boosted by Vanille buffing herself 30% MND (plus Burst mode). Super handy for Multiplayer Raids that look like they're going south.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I 100 gem every banner, but might even skip doing that to the Nightmare Select banner.

This discussion has been closed.