As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Orbfest and Fest banner 2 live! Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i can't play x again without thinking of the massive chore that is blitzball/monster hunting for the arena

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    U+ CM dusted off. Must more straight forward that I ever dreamed it would have been.
    Seifer with Bounty Hunter RM, Banishing Strike and Gaia Cross soaked all the hits.
    Zell did his thing quietly, then exploded onto the stage
    Rinoa being all flashy with her 9999s on Chain Blizzaga and Bahamut
    Selphie healed and took selfies because nothing else was happening
    and Irvine did his usual thing in just showing up

But yes, my pulling priorities are now virtually on nothing but BSBs. Good BSBs are just so darn valuable in terms of taking pressure off hones and providing utility. Zell's makes him a complete self-sufficient damage dealer. If I wanted to, I could put Lifesiphon, Meteor Strike on him and he'll buff himself up to the ATK soft cap without an external boostga then proceed to chain 4 hit instant cast attacks. Or, I could skip Lifesiphon, put Exploding Fist on him and just let him hit Burst mode at around ATB 5-6 naturally

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Man, quistis' skill set is just such a bummer. I really don't want to have to dive her for 5* black magic buttttt

If Wrath into mage OSB is good enough to clear Nemesis (it is), it should be good enough for most content, I'd think.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Man, quistis' skill set is just such a bummer. I really don't want to have to dive her for 5* black magic buttttt

If Wrath into mage OSB is good enough to clear Nemesis (it is), it should be good enough for most content, I'd think.

It wouldn't be so bad if Fujin wasn't right there being better or equal in everything. It's still generally fine yes, but you can't deny 4* 4* 2* is a real sad skillset.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

It wouldn't be so bad if Fujin wasn't right there being better or equal in everything. It's still generally fine yes, but you can't deny 4* 4* 2* is a real sad skillset.

She was my first SSB, I think (shell+hastega+major regen when that was a HUGE deal) so she was a staple in my team for a long time, and yeah....it was frustrating.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    If I were going to invest 4* motes into Quistis, I'd probably give her 4* White Magic before 5* Black Magic. I should think that Protectga + Wrath with an OSB should be pretty good.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So um.

Turns out U++ Raijin can use his Counter attack on your team in response to U++ Fujin casting Haste on him.

So, that's a thing.

• Options
    So in other words, take out Fujin first. Got it

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Wrath chaining Quistis' BSB into a 99999 DOOMTRAIN owns as hell

Helps that she has a stitch in time command too

• Options
    Can I mention that I love how hilarious the Squall U fight went?
    Attacked once. Then spent the rest of the fight Drawing and Junctioning and never doing anything with the draws. Someone needs to tell him to stop playing with his cards.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I was just on a raid team for the 200 Bahamut where nobody apparently thought to bring Shellga, and we completely stomped him into the ground. Two Firions and a Selphie was enough to keep M. Blink up almost the entire time, and we always had one up for Megaflare. I was exasperated at first, but it worked.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I'll be running MP tomorrow evening after 5 for as many people who show up until no one needs it.

Hope you come out!

How do folks find you for this silence? I've been pugging it but I could bring my TG Cid and Y'shtola to help out if needed.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    VIII Cid Mission:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxLDgutGKy0

This was pretty straightforward with as many stat sticks and SSBs as I have. Several errors made, the most critical of which was using the hastega before Biggs cast his first Slowga, oops. As a result of that, Seifer never got around to casting his shared Shellga, which means Selphie got blown up before she could cast Dreamstage, ow. Still got there though.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    A steak! wrote: »
    I was just on a raid team for the 200 Bahamut where nobody apparently thought to bring Shellga, and we completely stomped him into the ground. Two Firions and a Selphie was enough to keep M. Blink up almost the entire time, and we always had one up for Megaflare. I was exasperated at first, but it worked.

That's actually okay, because all of Bahamut's attacks ignore DEF, ignore RES, or, while being affected by RES, ignore buffs to RES. Only stacking debuffs mitigate damage.
    Cirira wrote: »
    I'll be running MP tomorrow evening after 5 for as many people who show up until no one needs it.

Hope you come out!

How do folks find you for this silence? I've been pugging it but I could bring my TG Cid and Y'shtola to help out if needed.

Go to this link: https://discord.gg/mNKVTKf

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    So, my FF8 offensive synergy is pretty great now, but despite pulls on banners and lucky draws I still have next to zero utility or support for the realm. Raijin's Last Stand is the entirety of it; I have no party boost or faith, no hastega, no medicas. Damage out the wazoo, but nothing to make CMs easier.

Part of me wants to do a pull on banner #2, because it's got a stacking hyperbreak, TWO hastegas, a medica, and the only dupe I have on it is Rinoa's Dress. It also has Edea's 6-hitter and that awesome Quistis combo. The other part of me says, who gives a shit about CMs?

BUT, while the next FF8 event banners have some wacko shit on them, this event's Banner 2 has the best concentration of utility on it by far, and unlike Selphie's USB, they're all in the 2% SSB slots. Whiffing on the top half of the banner would actually be just fine.

BUT BUT, who gives a shit about CMs? The only stuff on this banner that'd make either of my A teams would be the Quistis Combo, neither parts of which I have, or the Edea BSB, which is awesome but I do already have a 6-hitter.

Probably just going to continue to save for the Anniversary + concurrent FF2 banner for Maria's OSB... though the banner it's on is pretty weak in a vacuum and will be exceptionally so when up against Fest banners.

Rius on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    So insane it deserves a separate post; JP's 2nd Anniversary Fest banners had 10 items apiece; the top six were all USB/OSB/BSB, the bottom four were SSB. These banners are going to have so much value, you better have a damn good reason to pull on a concurrent event banner.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    The next FFVIII CM amuses me, because it just shows off the crazy power creep. It's in the era where U+s no longer exist, so it's a U++, and has only slightly lower stats than Mote Ifrit. Granted, the big thing is that its speed is significantly less, and it has scripted haste/blindgas that ease off some of the damage, but yeah. That's the future.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    The stats of mote ifrit are high, but it's his move set and absurd speed that make him hard as fuck. So not really surprising.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    The next FFVIII CM amuses me, because it just shows off the crazy power creep. It's in the era where U+s no longer exist, so it's a U++, and has only slightly lower stats than Mote Ifrit. Granted, the big thing is that its speed is significantly less, and it has scripted haste/blindgas that ease off some of the damage, but yeah. That's the future.

That's a funny-looking CM. Starts off weak to fire, switches back and forth between fire and ice weakness every time its current weakness is exploited. So RW Serah's BSB, and one mage uses command1 and another uses Firaja or Chain Firaga every turn. Maybe use Seifer for Draw/Lure. It's all about the multipliers... if it's a weaker CM Ifrit, lots of us are ready now. If it needs stacking mitigation, that's gonna be a problem for my CM team.

BTW - please don't complain if you have "only" 8 BSBs. I have Tyro, Sephiroth, Ashe, Kuja, Fang and Minfilia. I started during the first event. 8 BSBs is luxury.

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure you could spam Lulu's first BSB command at it and not even blink. Granted, you'd have the problem of figuring out which weakness you're hitting, but still.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    Daffydd wrote: »

That's a funny-looking CM. Starts off weak to fire, switches back and forth between fire and ice weakness every time its current weakness is exploited. So RW Serah's BSB, and one mage uses command1 and another uses Firaja or Chain Firaga every turn. Maybe use Seifer for Draw/Lure. It's all about the multipliers... if it's a weaker CM Ifrit, lots of us are ready now. If it needs stacking mitigation, that's gonna be a problem for my CM team.

BTW - please don't complain if you have "only" 8 BSBs. I have Tyro, Sephiroth, Ashe, Kuja, Fang and Minfilia. I started during the first event. 8 BSBs is luxury.

Palom's BSB covers both fire and ice, and has powerchain if hitting a weakness.

So... it'll tear that guy up like you wouldn't believe.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    doomtrain made the u++ feel bad about itself. Quistis soloed fujin and seifer, everyone else killed rajin.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    A steak! wrote: »

That's actually okay, because all of Bahamut's attacks ignore DEF, ignore RES, or, while being affected by RES, ignore buffs to RES. Only stacking debuffs mitigate damage.
    Cirira wrote: »

Hope you come out!

Go to this link: https://discord.gg/mNKVTKf

Oh is that it. I thought he only ignored Def. I should probably read these things more closely.

• Options
    All ults stomped. Nothing really interesting to say. CM was simple with native Shout-like (Laguna's Visions and Quistis's MG8) letting me RW Asylum to make up for the lack of a medica, and Squall's enIce into OSB made things simple. TGCid's OSB empowered by Raijin's armor was also good enough to cut off around 40% HP on each thug per use for the U++.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

U+ is going away? Do we still earn MC3s just in a different way?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Yeah, Ultimate fights will be Ultimate/Ultimate++/Ruin+ going forward. It's still three fights, they're just turning up the numbers a tad.

• Options
    edited February 2017

Yep. Not the FFXII event next week, but the one after (Penelo USB, probably late April) is the last U+. MC3s are moved to U, CMs are moved to U++, and a new difficulty is added at the top of the ticket that gives two crystals for first time clear, and another one plus five rosettas for mastery.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Webt back and mastered the FF7 torment 250, but I think I'm going to hold off until next time before trying the FFX 250. My X synergy is still bad, and I don't really have very many SBs that do water damage and 0 imperil water/enWater

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular

It goes from U/U+/U++ to U/U++/U+++.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I was super worried for a moment there they were pushing MCIII's to U++, which I haven't gotten on farm quite yet, so I'm glad to hear those are coming down one instead.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Squall's only the U because this is the DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE EVENT, yo.

...that's a lot of double letters in "committee".

Spelling was clearly chosen by committee...

I was super pumped to try this CM, because I have lots of FF8 gear. Then I looked at my team and realized this might not go so well.

Rising Sun (SB)
    Twin Viper (OSB)
    Machine Gun (SSB AOE Slow)
    Dreamstage (medica+blink)
    Lions Roar (BSB)
    Almasy Revolver
    Fujin coat

I feel like I should have enough, but w/o boostga/faithga I need to chose between RW wall and damage... And I don't have the greatest hones.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    The full set of updated rewards for the future U/U++/R+ are:

U
    1st: Accessory, MC3, 12 3* motes
    Master: 5 majors, 5 majors, 1 crystal

U++
    1st: 1 crystal, 1 crystal, 18 3* motes
    Master: 20 scar, 20 adaman, 5 majors

R+
    1st: 1 crystal, 1 crystal
    Master: 5 rosetta, 1 crystal

So the existing rewards from the U+ are spread more or less evenly between the U and U++ (net gain of 10 majors between the two), except for a loss of one rosetta stone. A net overall gain of 3 crystals and 4 rosettas per event.

E: Oh, and the CM is 3 majors instead of 2.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    It's smart they're moving MC3s down to U, a lot of my friends can do U fights but have trouble getting to U+, and missing those MC3s is real sad for them.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Its weird since they are continually jacking up the numbers, and the difference between sub U and U fights are often just stat multipliers and a glow, you'd think they'd keep U+ and add a difficulty so newer players still feel like they are making progress.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I can understand why adding yet another bonus battle might feel cumbersome, but the trade-off now is that U and U++ might feel like too much of a jump for a lot of people

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Javen wrote: »
    I can understand why adding yet another bonus battle might feel cumbersome, but the trade-off now is that U and U++ might feel like too much of a jump for a lot of people

We do have about 3 months of power creep until then.

And in six months, two fests from now, banners will have 2 (O/U/LC)SBs, 3 BSBs, two legend materia, and four SSBs. SBs and generic relics? Not even a thing anymore.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    Squall's only the U because this is the DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE EVENT, yo.

...that's a lot of double letters in "committee".

Spelling was clearly chosen by committee...

I was super pumped to try this CM, because I have lots of FF8 gear. Then I looked at my team and realized this might not go so well.

Rising Sun (SB)
    Twin Viper (OSB)
    Machine Gun (SSB AOE Slow)
    Dreamstage (medica+blink)
    Lions Roar (BSB)
    Almasy Revolver
    Fujin coat

I feel like I should have enough, but w/o boostga/faithga I need to chose between RW wall and damage... And I don't have the greatest hones.

I might suggest RWing Wall and having someone carry Haste. Haste is a good idea against Biggs and Wedge anyway, since they like to cast an AOE Slowga spell. If doing that doesn't give you enough damage potential, then you can always bring Shout or Sheepsong or VOF RW, and have Seifer use tanking Knight abilities to help soak damage.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I may need to home Morbid Countdown. A dark mage with Inevitable Fate RM and DZ/MC works incredibly well with an external faithga.

• Options
    Seifer with Draw Fire/Gaia Cross and Banishing Strike is all you need for mitigation for that fight along with the standard Shellga/Protectga.

I RW'd Vessel of Fate for my CM run for the 30/30 and Hastega then proceeded to obliterate with a level 99 Rinoa using Chain Blizzaga + Bahamut. If I needed additional hones, I could have used the burst commands and technically, it would have been better to use the burst commands instead of Chain Blizzaga but whatever.

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »
    I may need to home Morbid Countdown. A dark mage with Inevitable Fate RM and DZ/MC works incredibly well with an external faithga.

Inevitable Fate makes me wish I hadn't shattered my free copy of Morbid Countdown for Orbs.

This discussion has been closed.