As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV:Stormblood] The solution to the MSQ block was so simple. Delete Balmung

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Oh, I got that ring a while ago and have used it ever since, long enough that I forgot I picked it up in the first place. So both 3% food and 30% ring covered.

Bribe an officer to put up the xp bonus.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Oh, I got that ring a while ago and have used it ever since, long enough that I forgot I picked it up in the first place. So both 3% food and 30% ring covered.

So, major EXP buffs are Armory, Brand New Ring, Friendship Circlet, Rest, Mentor Party, EXP Company Boost, EXP Manual, and Food.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Outfit from the cash shop gives exp bonus under level 30 as a set bonus. Referral program gives a bonus exp head gear after you have been shipped for a month. Again, too late to get much use out of it.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Are armor and ring EXP buffs still active in Deep Dungeon?

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Are armor and ring EXP buffs still active in Deep Dungeon?

No, because you're technically not wearing them.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Uh noob question...doesn't Proto Ultina drop accessories?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Nope!
    Make sure you pick up the weekly quest though!

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Nope!

Honestly it should have been a weekly drop off it to prevent this issue.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Doh thanks

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Nope!

I did DS for the first time yesterday... thats good to remember. ._.

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Nope!

Then a good chunk of that 24 man group would just leave after Proto Ultima creating a more detrimental issue.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
    Nope!

Then a good chunk of that 24 man group would just leave after Proto Ultima creating a more detrimental issue.

Oof, good point.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Could put it as a weekly drop off the last boss? With a text message after Proto Ultima: "Finish Dun Scaith to receive a Proto Ultima Shielding, if eligible." or something to that effect.

Would at least avoid the everybody drops after Proto issue.

steam_sig.png
    Nope!

They need to put in the ability to share quests.

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    I waited 90 damn minutes for Ravana Extreme and half of them didn't know what as going on and didn't bother to even try and find out and then abandoned in 10 minutes.

So I looked in PF and there was a group and it filled up in 2 minutes and we killed him in 4 minutes.

Now I realise the extent to which DF is for suckers.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    I waited 90 damn minutes for Ravana Extreme and half of them didn't know what as going on and didn't bother to even try and find out and then abandoned in 10 minutes.

So I looked in PF and there was a group and it filled up in 2 minutes and we killed him in 4 minutes.

Now I realise the extent to which DF is for suckers.

DF is great for not-too-difficult things.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    90 minutes? damn it used to be 10-15 mins for me a few months ago. I had a 90% success rate too. It took a few tries though but I admit, it was a fun experience doing Ravana that way. With my work schedule, it's tough to set a specific time for raiding so DF stuff is nice. TBH, I should try using the PF more often but the thought of forming a group and leading it without a mic is....ehhh....

90 minutes? damn it used to be 10-15 mins for me a few months ago. I had a 90% success rate too. It took a few tries though but I admit, it was a fun experience doing Ravana that way. With my work schedule, it's tough to set a specific time for raiding so DF stuff is nice. TBH, I should try using the PF more often but the thought of forming a group and leading it without a mic is....ehhh....

For old content like Ravana you barely need to communicate. Just put the min ilvl on 230 or 240 and you can usually faceroll the content... and most people know the mechanics anyway.

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    I still need to run Ravana EX and Bismarck EX (mostly to clear the quests out of my log). I just haven't gotten around to watching videos on those fights yet, so I haven't tried queuing.

Hopefully I can find a PF group that doesn't say "Bird farm, no bonus" on it when I'm ready to try. Maybe I should give it a shot tomorrow night when a bunch of people will be running them for WT.

edited April 2017
    Lars wrote: »
    I still need to run Ravana EX and Bismarck EX (mostly to clear the quests out of my log). I just haven't gotten around to watching videos on those fights yet, so I haven't tried queuing.

Hopefully I can find a PF group that doesn't say "Bird farm, no bonus" on it when I'm ready to try. Maybe I should give it a shot tomorrow night when a bunch of people will be running them for WT.

They are relatively simple now, don't worry!

I also avoid "no bonus" groups, because I get performance anxiety from that kind of crowd.

Aldo on

You should just make a PF group with WT in the description. Easily one and done completion.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3dd64bc980d2444be2f4eab0d50716040e34a5b6
    To accompany the data center relocation, we will need to transfer all of the existing data. For this reason, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds for an extended period of time.

The maintenance schedule for each data center is as following:
    • Aether / Primal Data Center Worlds
      From Monday, May 15, 2017 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, May 17, 2017 12:00 a.m. (PDT) * 48 hours
    • Elemental / Gaia / Mana / Chaos Data Center Worlds
      From Tuesday, May 16, 2017 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, May 17, 2017 12:00 a.m. (PDT) * 24 hours

Two days downtime seems rather excessive, but at least one of the announced benefits of the move is increased inventory capacity.

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I appreciate the very advanced warning

and good thing I won't have much to do in game around that time probably

Hjorvarthr on
    Like the Fat White Chocobo + Butler/Maid attire promotion last year, they are doing another Amazon promotion for NA players.

Spend $20 on video game products at Amazon within the next two weeks, and get a collection of Journey to the West inspired items, including a flying cloud mount.

I believe all this stuff was previously available to Chinese players.

They also updated the Mog Store to have a new dance, angel/demon Chocobo bardings, and that exclusive Moogle costume from way back.

Can you preorder stormblood on amazon for that promo?

If it has something on the page about it under the Special Offers section, then it counts. However, with preorders you apparently won't get the code until the item actually releases (because during the last Amazon promotion, people were preordering for codes then canceling the preorder once they got the code).

So Stormblood would work, you'd just have to wait another two months to get it. Ordering a 60-day game time card also works. However, if you have the Steam version of FFXIV you'd need to look up and see if you could apply the Amazon purchases to your FFXIV account or not, since the Steam version is different and annoying.

I was planning on just buying a $20 Steam card, but for some reason Steam cards don't appear to be included on the promotion (you also can't order a digital code for Steam, just the physical card with the code on it).

You can, however that means you don't get the codes until the game ships.

The winning choice remains to be the 60 day subscription.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    $20 PSN cards also work, if you have use for them. I just bought one and got the promo stuff immediately.

• ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Like the Fat White Chocobo + Butler/Maid attire promotion last year, they are doing another Amazon promotion for NA players.

Spend $20 on video game products at Amazon within the next two weeks, and get a collection of Journey to the West inspired items, including a flying cloud mount.

They also updated the Mog Store to have a new dance, angel/demon Chocobo bardings, and that exclusive Moogle costume from way back.

Is there a link that shows you what products qualify? I can't seem to find a banner anywhere on Amazon.com about this.

EDIT: Also, is it me, or is the pom on that yellow-pommed moogle cap glowing?

ringswraith on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular

Is there a link that shows you what products qualify? I can't seem to find a banner anywhere on Amazon.com about this.

EDIT: Also, is it me, or is the pom on that yellow-pommed moogle cap glowing?

individual items on amazon have a little thing saying whether they qualify. for example if you look at a game time card:

https://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Online-Time/dp/B00O15486W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493137278&sr=8-1&keywords=final+fantasy+xiv+game+time
    Final Fantasy XIV Spring DLC Campaign: April 25- May 8th– Amazon Exclusive Bonus: Any video game purchase or pre-order of $19.99 or greater on Amazon.com will qualify you to receive an Amazon promotional code that will grant you three exclusive pieces of DLC for Final Fantasy XIV! See www.ffxivredeem.com for more details. Codes will be sent by email within 2 days of purchase. Limit one code per customer.

So you actually have to hunt items down in the event that they qualify? That seems... odd.

• SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    And hope that they deliver to Canada(game time cards don't), because the promotion isn't available on Amazon.ca.

And apparently they're out of stock, because I can't buy them now. (Whut.)

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    And I have no item codes in my DLC items codes E-Mail.

• NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    I just bought a eShop card and got my FFXIV codes before the Nintendo code

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    And I have no item codes in my DLC items codes E-Mail.

Try entering the Amazon code into the promo site again.

That did it, thanks.

So... What else qualifies for this promo? I've been looking up stuff I actually want to buy but so far, no dice.

• SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    So... What else qualifies for this promo? I've been looking up stuff I actually want to buy but so far, no dice.

Same. About the only thing I'd actually want is a new headset but all the ones in and around the $19.99 price don't have the promo listed.

Plus, with exchange rates, that $19.99 becomes $27.16 CAD.

I mean, if I really REALLY wanted to, I could bite the bullet and buy some kind of game card that I'll never use in order to get the DBZ cloud mount.

edit: checked a couple of the more expensive($75+) headsets and they have the promo.

Skwigelf on

I'd planned to get a Steam Gift Card, but they apparently don't count either.

So instead I'll either get a Battle.net Gift Card or Nintendo eShop Gift Card since both of those count. Not sure what I'd buy on Battle.net though, so leaning towards Nintendo (probably for Virtual Console purchases).

FFXIV 60-day timecards also work, but apparently are temporarily out of stock, presumably because a lot of people are buying them for that exact reason.

This discussion has been closed.