As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:Stormblood] The solution to the MSQ block was so simple. Delete Balmung

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Huh, I've had really short queue times for A1-A4 as healer.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    IMHO, check WT. Sometimes Alex pops there. It might be worth a shot setting up a PF group that week.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    So I picked this up, wanted to give this a shot after souring a bit on SWTOR

What would be the best advice for basically MMO newbie like myself?

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »

Pick Sargatanas as your server and join GHOST.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Oh oh this is my first MMO too! I hope you like it, it's pretty fun.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »

I will do that, when the installing process is done

which will be taking a while, but that's fine

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    IMHO, check WT. Sometimes Alex pops there. It might be worth a shot setting up a PF group that week.

A1-8 is a guaranteed slot in WT. So a good thing to do is try queueing for them on Tuesday, when the new books hit.

Edit: WT will always give you:
    *1-49, 50, 51-59, and 60 dungeon slots
    *1 Crystal Tower 24 man raid
    *1 Shadow of Mhach 24 man raid
    *1 Alexander Normal (1-8) raid
    *1 Alexander Normal (9-12) raid OR Aquapolis OR Palace of the Dead
    *3 ARR EX primals
    *1 Ultima HM OR Odin
    *1 Ravana/Bismarck EX
    *2 Coil Turns
    *1 PvP run (Frontline OR Unranked Feast)

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular

Before you start paying for subs give someone here your E-Mail address so they can get you in on the referral program.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular

Before you start paying for subs give someone here your E-Mail address so they can get you in on the referral program.

Me! Me! I'd love to refer folks. :D

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Red Cat also needs one more referral in order to get some of the items in the redeem list. If any new player has it in them to give her a hand, let me know. (She doesn't read the forums as much as I do.)

• Options
    Red Cat also needs one more referral in order to get some of the items in the redeem list. If any new player has it in them to give her a hand, let me know. (She doesn't read the forums as much as I do.)

Oh, then perhaps she should get this one. I need two referrals to get the Twintania mount.

• Options
    You get mounts for referrals?

In that case pick me pick me!

• Options
    I think I'm one of the only weird people that bonded with my Chocobo and I like the chocobo mount...

Steam profile
  • Options
    Mount Roulette for life.

Unless I get that goddamn hover ship they give you in the MSQ. I hate that stupid thing.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Is it still hard to roll a character on Sargatanas? Asking for the new people.

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    Is it still hard to roll a character on Sargatanas? Asking for the new people.

Given that there are a lot of sprouts on Sarg, I'd guess no?

Steam profile
  • Options
    I've gotten server full messages a couple of times, usually on Tuesdays, but was never more than like 20th in queue, so it literally took me five extra seconds to get in.

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    I think I'm one of the only weird people that bonded with my Chocobo and I like the chocobo mount...

It's the only mount you can play dress-up with. That has to count for something.

• Options
    Caedwyr wrote: »

It's the only mount you can play dress-up with. That has to count for something.

I'm tempted to buy the new barding in the shop, and then go on adventures with Kwehstofer Warkington, Chocobo Butler.

• Options
    edited February 2017

I'm tempted to buy the new barding in the shop, and then go on adventures with Kwehstofer Warkington, Chocobo Butler.

I was actually considering something similar. But my murderhobo doesn't like suits, makes his skin itch.

Anyone know when we should expect to get the minion/outfit from buying the FanFest stream?

ringswraith on
  • Options

I was actually considering something similar. But my murderhobo doesn't like suits, makes his skin itch.

Anyone know when we should expect to get the minion/outfit from buying the FanFest stream?

Minions are available now, outfits next Tuesday.

• Options

Oh, nice. Thanks. :)

Is it sent to one character or to everyone on your account?

• Options

Accountwide.

• Options
    About 2 hours in and I really like the atmosphere and so far I'm finding this a good bit of fun

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Really digging the Machinist job questline. Riffs off a lot of nice historical ideas regarding social mobility in the late middle ages and renaissance, military reforms due to firearm technology, and peasant armies in general. Also filled with some fun characters.

It's also really neat to see all these medieval fantasy people and creatures and just shoot them in the face, Indiana Jones style.

Suriko on
  • Options

Accountwide.

Hm. I don't see an in-game mail, guess mine hasn't been sent yet.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    So I bought a copy of FF14 off of the SE store, and downloaded the client, and now..... I cannot make an account. I give them an account name, a password, my birthdate, a security question and answer, and then click NEXT.

It prompts me to enter a confirmation code that is supposedly sent to my email, but it never gets sent to my email address. I've been trying this over and over all night long, and I am just not getting this email at all.

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »
    So I bought a copy of FF14 off of the SE store, and downloaded the client, and now..... I cannot make an account. I give them an account name, a password, my birthdate, a security question and answer, and then click NEXT.

It prompts me to enter a confirmation code that is supposedly sent to my email, but it never gets sent to my email address. I've been trying this over and over all night long, and I am just not getting this email at all.

Check spam folder? Try a different email?

Steam profile
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I see what it is. They won't send a code to my email address because I tired the game years ago.

Unfortunately I have no clue what I used as a security question answer because no logical responses are working.

So I can't restore my old account or make a new account.

• Options
    Contact support.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    I see what it is. They won't send a code to my email address because I tired the game years ago.

Unfortunately I have no clue what I used as a security question answer because no logical responses are working.

So I can't restore my old account or make a new account.

Their support is pretty good.

I've contacted them about all sorts of account related stuff and they've fixed it before.

But really this is why support exists. Obviously this situation can't be fixed with contacting support and there's no reason for you to assume otherwise.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh my God. I've been playing for about 18 months and I just discovered what Clan Hunts are. I really should've done this earlier...

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Progress so far:

Got airship access to 2 city states and my archer is level 17

Still a lot to absorb and trying to take it in slowly

• Options
    Progress so far:

Since you're level 17, you should be going to Sprout Hall (a.k.a. Hall Of The Novice) and doing the quests there. Not only will you get a solid set of level 15 gear, but you'll receive one of the best low level pieces of gear - the Brand-new Ring, which not only gives you a minor across the board stat boost, but also +30% EXP gain to level 30. Sprout Hall is just north of Aleport, in Western La Noscea.

• Options
    Progress so far:

Since you're level 17, you should be going to Sprout Hall (a.k.a. Hall Of The Novice) and doing the quests there. Not only will you get a solid set of level 15 gear, but you'll receive one of the best low level pieces of gear - the Brand-new Ring, which not only gives you a minor across the board stat boost, but also +30% EXP gain to level 30. Sprout Hall is just north of Aleport, in Western La Noscea.

I think you pick up Hall of the Novice at any inn now?

I did mine when I resubbed in Limsa.

• Options
    Progress so far:

I think I got that in my starting place, but I could be wrong, I'll check it out when I play later today

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    So I was in a dungeon while it was happening, so not able to take part, but wow that guy in FC chat.

What a goose.

Hope that wasn't anyone from here, this forum has always been good about not tolerating that shit.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    I can guess who it was without having even been online.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Progress so far:

Does that stack with the referral hat?

Huh I must not notice a lot of FC drama lol

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Progress so far:

Does that stack with the referral hat?

Huh I must not notice a lot of FC drama lol

I'll spoiler it for those not interested in what geese have to say.
    Guy makes a transphobic joke about domestic abuse.

People call him on his shit.

He doubles down, rants about free speach, makes more of such jokes.

Yeesh.

Billiardball on
    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
This discussion has been closed.