As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Someone really needs to start a new thread

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I might be able to actually try to play again in the near future. I think I am going to level something horde if I do.

But I wouldn't be maxed for awhile if that happens. I want to do the leveling experience using the controller setup some people have talked about recently. It looks fun and combining it with immersive camera settings can be a real experience.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Yeah, took this week off raiding to be able to breath and deal with personal stuff and focus on M+ on the weekend. Did got through the weekly on about 30 min by just going Maw x 4 since it still counts. Got a nice Haste ring to round up my offspec gear. Not great relics, but that can't be helped, stuck in Holy spec until I get ring.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So I'm coming back to this recently (leveled to 110 and stopped after not having played since Cataclysm) and I'm a little bit confused about what the intended gear progression is. I'm sitting at ilvl 820 right now, Heroics seem facerolly (and drop lowish level gear) and Mythics are something I have zero experience with. What should I be doing?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Depending on role, you can do normal mythics at 820, you can even do carry groups to have people that will run you through. Honestly you can do that as a fresh 110 as long as you got a group to carry you. Heroics / Normals this expansion are easily skipped if you're lucky.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Dont forget lfr, pvp, and wq are all gear sources too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    @Grundlestiltskin you can also run LFR at 820. Also, world quests should drop ~840 gear.

At 820, depending on group, I would guess you can probably do up to a M+3 without much of a problem.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Lovin' this weekly. Just got a 900 draught of souls on my warrior.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    It occurs to me I haven't played in weeks. 7.2 would be nice, since WQ gear would get better.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    7.2 has me excited even though the Death knight and monk pets have me mildly annoyed as a pet collector (Being Gated behind having Concord of the legionfall unlocked on every artifact weapon for dk/monk)

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    252 kills later and I'm finally running around on a dragon.

Finally got the Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake today so thats cool. Not sure its really warmed me to the idea of mount farming though.

EDIT: Also hit artifact knowledge 25 so banner day for me.

emp123 on
  • Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Discounted Character services by 25%, and it was enough for me to move one character with the ~20 bucks I had left on my account. The things we justify.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    They also increased character service prices on EU servers. Everyone knows they weren't expensive enough!

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    I'm getting unconfirmed reports that 7.2 will unlock flying in Broken Isles, but not Broken Shore. Is this true?

Also, I find it interesting that I've been enjoying doing legacy content more than I have doing current content. Granted, part of that is because I'm not a regular raider anymore; and I want to try to check the boxes of stuff I've ignored since Cata.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    It's only supposed to be for the Broken Isles (ie old content), and it won't automatically unlock, it'll take couple of weeks to get.

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    If they don't change the layout of the Broken Shore from the way it is on live (I haven't checked PTR) it should be fine without the flying. This isn't the Timeless Isle situation where they deliberately made the damn place slow to navigate.
    Honestly, the Flight Master's whistle might be one the best innovations from this expansion.

• Options
    I was discussing 7.2 with people in a Twitch stream last night and they were saying that Broken Shore had flying on the PTR; so I was looking for some clarification. Honestly, I think people were reading differing reports, instead of directly experiencing them (admittedly, that's me too)

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I was discussing 7.2 with people in a Twitch stream last night and they were saying that Broken Shore had flying on the PTR; so I was looking for some clarification. Honestly, I think people were reading differing reports, instead of directly experiencing them (admittedly, that's me too)

It was in for awhile, for testing purposes, but they later removed it.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    *nods sagely*

The true Vanilla experience. Hence why I'd never want to go back.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    *nods sagely*

It was dire maul for me as that was a weird PVP battle because people would call time out and kill the farmers/bots then go back into fighting each other

Or the endless Barrens Crossroads fight

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    MCing people into lava ftw.

• Options
    Using WoW cookbook i made Brewfest pretzels and beer-cheese dip.
    rdn3iccn3jv7.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    E.Coyote wrote: »
    MCing people into lava ftw.

Oh that was the reason I kept rolling priests and then deleting them
    As I found being forced to heal in a guild really unfun {I know I pug heal/tank but that's a different brand of pain}
    So I really would delete them power level another get into a argument and delete them again 9 times before I made my blood elf priest and stuck with him

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    *nods sagely*

Nobody ran on the chain in vanilla, you skirted around the side to get to ubrs/lbrs, or you jumped down along the outcropping when coming in from the searing gorge side to drop right onto the MC entrance which was also the way to brd.

Wpvp can never exist again until they get their damned numbers and scaling back in check. Their whole deal with pvp templates only applying in some instances, but the spell/ability damage coefficients applying everywhere, and ilvl supposed to not matter but it does is such a dumpster fire. Not to mention they are opening up the paragon levels for artifacts in pvp.

Really I have no idea what blizzard is doing. Theyve completely destroyed any sort of wpvp that isn't just a 1shot-fest, and everything pve related is such a time-consuming grind that the guilds going for world 1sts are quitting. Instanced pvp is just a casualty of everything else being terrible, yet arena is somehow even worse. The game is very frustrating to look at now compared to pretty much all previous expansions and vanilla. The game is completely different than vanilla and tbc. wotlk and cata were huge overhauls that to me were not good changes (despite wotlk being peak subscribers). mop and warlords was again a gigantic change in style, and legion something else as well. Even though my characters are still the same since vanilla, they are completely different. New models and textures, hairstyles, in same cases faces, and even old original epic mounts have been redone. integral items from one expansion that were kept in my bank as keepsakes were removed, or turned into a toy, or turned into a grey, or whatever. It's insane to think I even have items that are no longer even possible to get in game.

• Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    everyone in my guild ran down that chain for MC

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    I would jump and swim for it as I was a foolish person
    As I liked doing the challenge of soloing the bartender in BRD for the shanker on my rogue and stealthing to the Salamander boss and swimming to the MC entrance
    Few could pull it off but this a silly vanilla challenge I would do when I was bored

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Does anyone remember levitate before it was fixed? You could clip up over ledges because it changed your z axis. This let you run up over mountains before flying was a thing. I have a screenshot of hyjal from waaaay back on an old computer. There was also a random cave on the southern tip of kalimdor with nothing in it.

• Options
    E.Coyote wrote: »
    Does anyone remember levitate before it was fixed? You could clip up over ledges because it changed your z axis. This let you run up over mountains before flying was a thing. I have a screenshot of hyjal from waaaay back on an old computer. There was also a random cave on the southern tip of kalimdor with nothing in it.

You didn't levitate to get to those places, i solo got in them as a rogue. If you angled yourself correctly you could run across almost vertical surfaces, but then they took that out at some point.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I remember the seam between Barrens and Ashenvale that was on a cliff/hill that was really a gap you could fall in and through the world that was not fixed until Cata

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I remember the seam between Barrens and Ashenvale that was on a cliff/hill that was really a gap you could fall in and through the world that was not fixed until Cata

There was a spot near the Stormwind bank that you could jump on to from a box right next to it that dropped you under the city. It's how people got all those pictures of them behind that weird instance portal, they'd go under the city and then jump back up behind the portal.

Some of that old exploration stuff was really fuckin weird.

• Options
    Yo this sounds pretty damn rad
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB_mqhqi58k

• Options
    Yeah I'll definitely give that a shot. Probably throw some at the patron too. Sounds like a neat idea

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Yeah, he talked about starting this in the Console Port video he posted. That is where I got the idea to play that way.

Didn't think he meant it would be THIS big though.

• Options
    So is it better to do this *without* heirlooms?

• Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    So is it better to do this *without* heirlooms?

If they do a good enough job, I'll probably end up doing the whole thing as just a side character and ignoring the fact that quests will probably go grey

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Kind of sounds like a cross between in-mission NPC scripting in City of Heroes and how Borderlands has people talking to you over Echo comms while you play. If I can get back into the game, it'd be cool to try it out; thanks for the heads-up @Lorahalo

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    So I might've missed it, are they doing a full emissary reset again with the patch tomorrow like they did when 7.1 dropped?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    So I might've missed it, are they doing a full emissary reset again with the patch tomorrow like they did when 7.1 dropped?

They have specifically said they are not. So if you are currently at 54 traits it is definitely worth holding on to all of your emissaries until you complete the quest to get artefact knowledge 26 in 7.2.

• Options
    Boo hiss
    I thought since Guild Services were on sale I would rename my horde bank guild I got a free
    But NO I cannot use Kor'Korn boo hiss
    If I cannot use it because it's a wow thing how come people can use Slivermoon or Stromwind in guild names?

This discussion has been closed.