As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Someone really needs to start a new thread

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Got my first legendary, approximately 6 weeks after hitting 110, but only 3 or so weeks into running heroics and raid finder so I think I did pretty good.

Its the mage hat, which I don't think is the greatest, but it's a full 100 ilvls above my old hat and now Dragon's Breath crits for 450,000 which is kinda fucking awesome.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Tried to work on the ToT meta last night. We have everything done, except for Lei Shen (2 more) and the Durumu achiev.

I tried watching vids about it and it looks annoying AF. How difficult is it to see the white "smoke" when you're doing the encounter at full speed? All the vids slowed things WAAAAYYY down to point out the white smoke.

We will likely do it on normal, but that damn healing debuff will still be involved.

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Yeah I don't get the Durumu achi at all. It's the only one I'm missing. I've watched videos, but I don't think I've ever seen the white smoke myself. Rumor has it the achi is bugged and the things don't spawn at all, but I have no idea if this is true.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Hm. I saw a vid from 7.1.5, so it was fixed at least recently. I may mess with it on 10M normal next week and see if I can make some sense of what's going on.

• Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    The durumu achievement was bugged but got fixed at some point, according to the achievement page I have it listed as obtained on 17/11/16 though they could perhaps have broken it again. The white smoke can be quite hard to spot, I remember being forced to turn off the hud and stand in such a way as to see the entirety of the platform and it still took several tries in order to get it.

Back when I was trying for the achievement I found out that the monk black ox statue ie Dave lets you cheese the fight/achievement since durumu will quite happily focus on him for the entire fight and he is both tanky enough to survive and able to soak things like the healing debuff.

• Options
    I've got a 109 Prot Pal (will be 110 this weekend and have a flood of AP, so..../shrug) that I can use to work on this. Anyone know if BoP removes the debuff?

• Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    Durumu's bleed? It does

• Options
    Maybe it's only in Heroic, but there's a debuff that reduces healing by 10% per stack on the tank. I'm at work so my memory is a bit cloudy.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Yay, my Demon Hunter just pulled Prydaz out of an Emissary cache.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Well, this has been a very rough week. Drama boss reared it's head, and turns out that there's a strong relationship between being an unpleasant goose and not being able to stay out of the bad, as my 2 now former guild members (and new members of my ignore list) can testify. Came crashing from 5/10 to 3/10 H and the whole thing came to a head yesterday, since having the balls to whine about other people being bad after a 4% wipe on Krosus where you died to Fel Beam mid fight was the last straw.

There's some recruiting, some rebuilding and my GM has pretty much speaking with everybody and cleaning up the broken shards. There's some extra complications, but that's the main gist of it.

• Options
    That boss has a 100% wipe record

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    On some good news, yesterday got my 4pc and today got up to 54 traits. Woo!

• Options
    Got my Prot Pal to 110 yesterday and did some AP farming. He's only 787 but the artifact traits completely changed how I felt about playing. I think I have about 15-20 traits (AK books FTW) and he no longer feels like a walking wet paper bag at 110.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    The two gold traits that provide absorb and extra AOE dmg on Avenger's Shield are invaluable.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    49 Kills on Il'gynoth and my hidden skin drops not for myself but for the holy priest in the raid i was in who gave it to me.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    The Withered Training chest caps out when you reach 400 pts correct? If you've gotten every other chest in the scenario previously, there's no point in doing a full run?

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    425, but yeah, after you've reached that you can just set your Withered on aggressive, run away from them and you'll be ported back to the entrance.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Sadly I don't like the withered training as my warlock as a far easier time with it than my rogue
    But seriously I dislike the nightfallen I did it twice and I am not feeling it for a third or more

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    For rogue spec marked for death for the withered training.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm only planning to do withered training on one character. Can anyone clarify whether the quest item for the fox mount only drops from withered training, or if it can drop from emissary chests?

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Allegedly it can drop from Emissary chests. (At least according to wowhead).

Nobody on
  • Options
    I can safely confirm that the Fox mount quest can indeed drop from the Nightfallen emissary chest as that is what i personally got mine from.

• Options
    Shit sakes. I'm truly tired of Nightfallen quests. The other areas I can live with.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    fffffffffffff

Got Gul'dan normal down finally... but have to do it again for the Balance of Power quest-line, since I just finished the part for the Tome off Elisandre and didn't have a chance to turn it in before fighting him.

But hey, shadow 4p. Which I'm not sure what I think of yet.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Shadow 4P Goes well with Lotv in my experience.

Going to actually miss it quite a lot when we move to T20 and i get.. shadowfiend buffs as a set bonus

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    I can safely confirm that the Fox mount quest can indeed drop from the Nightfallen emissary chest as that is what i personally got mine from.

I got it that way as well
    I just need the toys and I am never going back there

• Options
    In the next PTR build, you’ll see that we’ve replaced the final Order Hall research (which caused relics to gain a second trait at random) with one that grants a chance for Artifact Power rewards from World Quests to be doubled.

We’re doing this for a few reasons, the largest of which being that we simply weren’t satisfied with the current state of the system. There were several rough edges, including a few which were pointed out by your feedback. While these issues could be solved, we weren’t confident we could do so in a way that meets our standards in time for 7.2, so we’d rather shelve the idea for now.

That said, we definitely feel that there’s more that can be done with relics, and are discussing some possible ideas for a future Legion update. We don’t have anything to share just yet, but it’s something we’re thinking about. Thanks again for all the feedback on this topic!

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753416555#post-1

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    The relic trait thing seems awful to me as a Guardian Druid. It's bad enough half of my relics have something to do with Maul and we don't use Maul routinely. Searching for Thrash relics as a Guardian Druid means we prefer Thrash stuff over iLvls most of the time since a lot of the Guardian Relics are trash.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    This seems like a ... bad decision, seeing as the relic change was going to fix a lot of problems some classes had with them.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Arthil wrote: »
    This seems like a ... bad decision, seeing as the relic change was going to fix a lot of problems some classes had with them.
    Then the class needs to have those issues directly fixed.

"Hey your class has issues, but you'll be fine if you get lucky and roll THIS combination of traits." is a fucking horrible idea.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    All right! A bonus chance for AP on those World Quests I barely bother with anymore...

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    All right! A bonus chance for AP on those World Quests I barely bother with anymore...

Is there a reason you don't bother with them? It's the single largest source of weekly artifact power in the game, and at the very least in 7.2 you'll be getting meaningful power increases from new traits.

• Options
    Weird that it's cnance for double AP rather than chance for an additional AP reward from ALL world quests.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    forty wrote: »

Is there a reason you don't bother with them? It's the single largest source of weekly artifact power in the game, and at the very least in 7.2 you'll be getting meaningful power increases from new traits.
    Because I only play a few hours a week. Now that I've maxed out reps I'd rather spend the time making progress in other ways instead of the AP treadmill.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Arthil wrote: »
    Then the class needs to have those issues directly fixed.

"Hey your class has issues, but you'll be fine if you get lucky and roll THIS combination of traits." is a fucking horrible idea.

Arcane's best relic trait(+AM proc chance) only drops from Maw of Souls, Xavius, and extremely rare world quests. As such the only realistic chance we have to get one near the top end of the item level is to run Maw on a minimum of 13 just for a base 880 item level. This is not counting the number of required runs to get it to drop in the first place, whether it be by being the one chosen to drop out of the entire caster loot table for Maw, or simply not getting anything at all on that run. (ignoring how tough it can be to get a group on some weeks as people tend to get really elitist on the tougher affix weeks)

Also we need two of them.

I don't trust Blizzard to actually fix any class issues, and I certainly don't trust them to specifically recognize a lack of relic traits and respond to that need in 7.2. Hell it took them almost two months to fix the severe bug with the Arcane 4 piece bonus with T19 despite constant reporting.

I'm sad to see it go not because it was a good idea, but because it was the closest thing I would have gotten to seeing a glaring class issue remedied even if unintentionally.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I think they feel a certain amount of pushback over the level of variance that exists in gear drops, and this is one of the ways they're responding

in the same way it doesn't 'feel good' to lots of people to be constantly chasing higher titanforges, it wouldn't feel that fun to farm for relics (more than you already do) to get the good/best secondary traits

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Disable titanforging in normal, heroic and mythic raids. There, it no longer concerns anyone who dislikes the system.

• Options
    reVerse wrote: »
    Disable titanforging in normal, heroic and mythic raids. There, it no longer concerns anyone who dislikes the system.

I think the cap on titanforging just needs to be at the level of Mythic raid drops. That way, the system doesn't impact serious raiding, while still providing a nice bit of fun for those not mythic raiding - they might have a piece or two which is top quality.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Or just don't have 4 different levels of gear per tier. That crap even existed in regular dungeons with lfr basically being the gear you get from leveling. There doesn't need to be 150 ilvls of gear difference between the bottom and top of every tier...

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Or just don't have 4 different levels of gear per tier. That crap even existed in regular dungeons with lfr basically being the gear you get from leveling. There doesn't need to be 150 ilvls of gear difference between the bottom and top of every tier...

that too. It took us five expansions to get from 1-600, now we'll probably be at 1000 after just two more.

This discussion has been closed.