As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Someone really needs to start a new thread

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    could it be the ' in the name that it's rejecting?

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »
    So I might've missed it, are they doing a full emissary reset again with the patch tomorrow like they did when 7.1 dropped?

They have specifically said they are not. So if you are currently at 54 traits it is definitely worth holding on to all of your emissaries until you complete the quest to get artefact knowledge 26 in 7.2.

I'm not entirely sure what this means...are you saying hoarding emissary chests until you obtain artifact knowledge 26 is something we can/should do? I wasnt anywhere near 110 when 7.1 dropped. Also I dont know what you mean by traits...

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    could it be the ' in the name that it's rejecting?

I tired it different ways
    But if I did the other part of the silly guild name I was trying it would take forever at the checking part. I think it was making someone check it for real as I was doing a joke name of something that is cropping up here a realty and loan joke

But I will think of another silly name since that one was probably not going to be allowed

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »
    So I might've missed it, are they doing a full emissary reset again with the patch tomorrow like they did when 7.1 dropped?

They have specifically said they are not. So if you are currently at 54 traits it is definitely worth holding on to all of your emissaries until you complete the quest to get artefact knowledge 26 in 7.2.

I'm not entirely sure what this means...are you saying hoarding emissary chests until you obtain artifact knowledge 26 is something we can/should do? I wasnt anywhere near 110 when 7.1 dropped. Also I dont know what you mean by traits...

The current damage increase trait on artifacts is being removed in 7.2, and any AP you spent on it is refunded and there are new artifact traits to get. People are trying to maximise their AP gain after the patch drops by not doing their emissaries until after they get Artifact Knowledge 26 which doubles AP gain (assuming you have AK25). It's basically a matter of how strong can you get right as the patch drops for the first week, if you're aren't all that interested in pushing for mythic raiding or high M+ runs then it's not really a big deal. The new golden trait on artifacts are about 72m AP away if you are currently at 54, so people are looking to see the fastest way to get that AP.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    emp123 wrote: »

The current damage increase trait on artifacts is being removed in 7.2, and any AP you spent on it is refunded and there are new artifact traits to get. People are trying to maximise their AP gain after the patch drops by not doing their emissaries until after they get Artifact Knowledge 26 which doubles AP gain (assuming you have AK25). It's basically a matter of how strong can you get right as the patch drops for the first week, if you're aren't all that interested in pushing for mythic raiding or high M+ runs then it's not really a big deal. The new golden trait on artifacts are about 72m AP away if you are currently at 54, so people are looking to see the fastest way to get that AP.

Ah, okay, I hit AK 25 a while ago, but I'm nowhere near trait level 54. And as much as I'd like to get into mythic raiding, I dont think I have the time. At least the mythic+ treadmill is a nice alternative.

I've been hearing mixed reports about whether the AP items in your bags/bank will work when 7.2 hits, but I guess theres really no reason for me to not pop whats on me. I'm holding off on turning in a couple of quests that will give me pretty large amounts of AP though just to see if AK26 will boost them.

emp123 on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    They definitely don't work, they go grey with the patch.

AK26 will definitely boost quests though.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Pretty sure it's cause of the apostrophe, not the name.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Keep this in mind: once you unlock flying in 7.2 (you still have to do a rep grind in Broken Shore....which doesn't have flying), you can pick up all the treasures in Broken *Isles* for some nice AP gain. I'm guessing the average active player (i.e. logs in at least 4 times a week) will be AK 27 or so by that point. I'm not sure how quickly the rep grind is going for people.

Last night, I didn't feel like doing WQs or dungeons, so I picked up some mounts I was missing from vendors. It turns out I have to grind Tol Barad tokens again, since I forgot to grab the spectral wolf the last time around. Also, TB does not have flying enabled. Currently at ~180 mounts, which should increment up slightly when I log into my Alliance hunter.

Does anyone have any links regarding how to do the Argent Tournament without having to joust?

Mugsley on
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Yay, patch day! Or as I like to call it, "Say goodbye to Auctioneer for at least a week" day!

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    TSM4Lyfe

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Yeah, TSM for life. 'Cause there's nothing like the whole thing bugging out, price database not updating and devs not noticing for weeks.

• Options
    StrikaStrika Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    *nods sagely*

The true Vanilla experience. Hence why I'd never want to go back.

It was dire maul for me as that was a weird PVP battle because people would call time out and kill the farmers/bots then go back into fighting each other

Or the endless Barrens Crossroads fight

Those are good. Tarren Mill vs SouthShore was probably the most nostalgic...and random fights breaking out around in the Arathi Highlands, mainly near Stromgarde.

And the giant lag fest/aoe of 5-6 guilds all showing up to do MC and BWL at the same time. We had 3 guilds that would meet up at Kargath and then ride over in a big train at the same time...15 minutes later you finally get to start your raid.

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Aaaaand three new emissaries.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Mai-Kero wrote: »

You see, is funny because Blizz said that it wouldn't happen.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Ok I am confused
    How do you get the achievements for having the armor sets out of some of those raids when you can buy them or had them already?

Nevermind I was confused as it needs the bracers belt or another item durr

Brainleech on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Mai-Kero wrote: »

You see, is funny because Blizz said that it wouldn't happen.

I had two going into tonight so I have no idea whether I got three, but one of my guildies definitely only got one new one.

EDIT: Actually, I only had one, and now I have two, so I gained one.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I'm impressed, they actually got the app updated for 7.2 on patch day.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    This patch fucked up Nighthold BAD

Trillax and Elisande killing people with invisible mechanics.

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    I can't check since I'm on EU servers (and I should really go to sleep), but is there any truth to the reports that a bunch of 110 mobs now scale according to ilvl?

• Options
    If by a bunch you mean all, then yeah.

It's stupid.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Honestly, I think I'm okay with it, as long as your rewards keep scaling with item level too.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Blizz hotfixed Trillax:

(Most raids just will go on tomorrow)
    Did the Scenario and the artifact quests, pretty much got done with that and got into raid, our RL had extended his lockout, so we managed to dodge the Trillax bug and killed H Botanist! Two things helped:
    1. The most obvious one, everybody having the new traits.
    2. Had a Paladin and a Rogue just soak the spores in p3 with inmunities.
    Tight kill, only 1-2 of us at the end, but did it. 2 entire days for Elisandre and Gul'dan, think that we can make it.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
  • Options
    That project did seem awfully intrusive to me for a mere add on. But I just assumed they had it sorted out.

• Options
    Huh you can que for the LFR for Panda back but you still have to roll with coins that's silly

• Options
    That project did seem awfully intrusive to me for a mere add on. But I just assumed they had it sorted out.

Smells like a load of bullshit to me. All they were doing was using the existing assets(like Immersion does) for the dialogue windows, adding some VO and cleaning up Blizzards writing. Hopefully they can figure something out privately with Blizzard, but it's silly they went after them.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Ugh, that feeling of getting blown out in eight BG's in a row.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Arthil wrote: »
    If by a bunch you mean all, then yeah.

It's stupid.

Putting aside whether or not this scaling is a good idea, they put this change without even a mention in their patch notes and then told everyone they didn't document it because they wanted it to feel natural and organic. No, instead you get people noticing how it's suddenly harder to kill stuff and then getting mad because you made a change without fucking telling anyone. Cut it out with the undocumented changes and then doubling down on them afterwards. Patch notes are important. If you think a change will be unpopular, the solution isn't to just not tell people.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Not to mention it's something they specifically said they didn't want to do leading up to release of the expansion.

• Options
    I don't know how well they executed the rebalancing of keystone dungeons. A +10 was supposed to be roughly as difficult as a +15, but it's not even close. I couldn't notice a difference between a 10 today and a 10 before the patch.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    last week's affixes were also much more irritating (especially with the changes to volcanic)

but yeah, I did a 12 arcway earlier and it definitely wasn't as stressful as previous 15s. They quietly reduced the buffs from tyrannical/fortified, too

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »

Smells like a load of bullshit to me. All they were doing was using the existing assets(like Immersion does) for the dialogue windows, adding some VO and cleaning up Blizzards writing. Hopefully they can figure something out privately with Blizzard, but it's silly they went after them.

It sounded much less like cleaning up and much more like actually creating stories in the zones. I think he was changing a LOT and adding much more personality.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    All of which would've still been within the framework of an addon. Triggers for quests activating custom sound files for dialogue. There wasn't even a chance to see how extensive it was going to be before it got killed off.

Arthil on
  • Options

Apparently the devs said that it was fine, legal said no.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Blizz put a post on mobs scaling with item level. They want content to stay relevant, people not staying on the Broken Shore, etc. Ok then. But:
    Watcher wrote:
    Finally, there's the natural question of why we didn't patch-note this. It was not to be deceptive; we know it's impossible to hide a change from millions of players. But the system was meant to feel largely transparent and subtle, just like level-scaling does if you don't stop and really think about it, and so we did want players to first experience the change organically. Your feedback and reactions and first impressions of the system are more useful in this particular case when they are not skewed by the experience of logging in and actively trying to spot the differences. Thank you for that, and I look forward to continued discussion.
    That's a bunch of BS, you thought that people wouldn't notice and test your mob increase? On the game where people datamine PTR changes? Are you serious?

That said, I didn't notice as much since, well, I pretty much just go Prot on WQ stuff and grab all the mobs.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    It actually makes sense when you think about it legally.

They already updated the text once for cata. I am pretty sure that if you allow someone to do that themselves you are kind of freeing up the right for someone to do something you normally charge for.

It doesn't mean it can't happen. It does mean they need to get some things legally set in stone before they do though.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Blizz put a post on mobs scaling with item level. They want content to stay relevant, people not staying on the Broken Shore, etc. Ok then. But:
    Watcher wrote:
    Finally, there's the natural question of why we didn't patch-note this. It was not to be deceptive; we know it's impossible to hide a change from millions of players. But the system was meant to feel largely transparent and subtle, just like level-scaling does if you don't stop and really think about it, and so we did want players to first experience the change organically. Your feedback and reactions and first impressions of the system are more useful in this particular case when they are not skewed by the experience of logging in and actively trying to spot the differences. Thank you for that, and I look forward to continued discussion.
    That's a bunch of BS, you thought that people wouldn't notice and test your mob increase? On the game where people datamine PTR changes? Are you serious?

That said, I didn't notice as much since, well, I pretty much just go Prot on WQ stuff and grab all the mobs.

I beelined for the new island, thought the mobs were difficult, and figured oh gg Blizz, i guess you want me to get my alts to 900 ilvl too before they can do the new content. Turns out they may have a way easier time actually depending on how stuff scales.

That said, had i gone on to do a regular wq and all of a sudden some random mob i used to one shot was giving me trouble, I'd have noticed immediately. Like how could they possibly think it would be seamless?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/624y53/attn_custom_lag_tolerance_was_automatically_set/

tl;dr, if your spells feel unresponsive

run this command - /dump GetCVar("SpellQueueWindow")

It'll probably come back at 400, for some reason Blizz set custom lag tolerance for a lot of people to 400.

Run this command to fix it.

/console SpellQueueWindow 60

Replace 60 with whatever your typical latency is.

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    The rare mobs scaling is pretty wonky, one of the sentinax portal rares took close to five minutes to kill with a dozen or so people actually attacking. It dropped 13 nethershards.

The nethershards also drop from skinning mobs, and certain beacons and wqs leave a ton of skinnable corpses. Have roughly 4k from playing a few hours last night.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I just how they just got done assuring players that they were focusing on transparency and communication, followed closely by a large, undocumented change that impacts nearly every single player. Seems like a pretty solid step back for them in this regard

Pretty sure they specifically mentioned that gear wouldn't factor into to creature scaling when people asked the question when they announced it for Legion as well, since they felt that it'd feel shitty to get more gear but not feel anymore powerful.

This discussion has been closed.