As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Someone really needs to start a new thread

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I tried the twins once the second time he came right for me and was not going down
    I really would like to know why someone thought these were a good idea

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    HOLY SHIT.

I was bored and went back to Outland to farm transmog, and Ashes of A'lar Dropped!

-edit-

Money shot
    E2oU0ys.jpg?1

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Dang... I decided for the heck of it to try the artifact challenge again and.... I actually did kind of ok. Which means it's possible with my gear level, just... slow.... The problem is one mistake is basically a wipe. And those damn Valk'ryes are very hard to judge where the hole is. That or the runes blowing up were what were getting me... But I could actually burn down that mage's shield in time now which was my barrier before...

Same here, got them all to ~30% on the second try yesterday morning, then misclicked evasion instead of cloak(shaking hands =P). That sort of took the wind out of my sails for more attempts, especially after grinding a few hundred pets to 25 the day before. Did get the waling critters thing done though.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    E.Coyote wrote: »
    Dang... I decided for the heck of it to try the artifact challenge again and.... I actually did kind of ok. Which means it's possible with my gear level, just... slow.... The problem is one mistake is basically a wipe. And those damn Valk'ryes are very hard to judge where the hole is. That or the runes blowing up were what were getting me... But I could actually burn down that mage's shield in time now which was my barrier before...

Same here, got them all to ~30% on the second try yesterday morning, then misclicked evasion instead of cloak(shaking hands =P). That sort of took the wind out of my sails for more attempts, especially after grinding a few hundred pets to 25 the day before. Did get the waling critters thing done though.

I only got them to ~65%, but it seemed doable. My health seemed to no longer be an issue other than getting hit by one of the insta-kill moves (I even at one point got hit a bit by the powered up melee guy and he took me down to like 10% hp, but I was able to heal back to full no problem). But still, think I am going to wait on more gear just so it doesn't take friggin forever to kill them.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I tried the Guardian Druid one again but apparently without one of the artifacts that increases thrash range it's basically not doable for me yet.

• Options
    Finally knocked out the legendary staff quest from Cata on my alt druid after basically putting it off forever. One person congratulated me. Another whispered to tell me to quit wasting my time with legacy content and level (my druid is only 105, I don't play her much) -_-

Side note, Blizzard fucked up the tier 2 set list I see. I was only missing the helm on my Druid and since Nef only drops ONE per week (seriously, wtf is that?) I started running Onyxia for it. And I got it this week! But.... it doesn't count as "completing the set"... even though the graphic is identical. Come on Blizzard....

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Onyxia drops Cata-level Tier 2 lookalikes, not actual Tier 2.

• Options
    I really want to complete the tier 2 set but I fail Razorgore everytime
    I have most of the helms from back when Ony was Vanilla content just I want to complete the Nemesis set just failing the first boss sets me up for disappointment

• Options
    Opty wrote: »
    Onyxia drops Cata-level Tier 2 lookalikes, not actual Tier 2.

But it shouldn't matter for transmog. The appearance is the same.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I have most of the helms from back when Ony was Vanilla content just I want to complete the Nemesis set just failing the first boss sets me up for disappointment

Release mind control voluntarily before it expires and before he dies.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »

I've been doing it fine but it's weird that different alts of mine have had different success rates. My Hunter was having lots of problems and just barely making it while my Druid had no issues. I kind of wonder if there's some element of ilvl scaling in there or something. Of course, it's apparently bugged where you can't use the summoning orb *at all* if you have a pet out which is just dumb.

• Options
    The fishing tourney seems to be broken right now. It's giving first place to everyone who brings in 40 fish.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

I've been doing it fine but it's weird that different alts of mine have had different success rates. My Hunter was having lots of problems and just barely making it while my Druid had no issues. I kind of wonder if there's some element of ilvl scaling in there or something. Of course, it's apparently bugged where you can't use the summoning orb *at all* if you have a pet out which is just dumb.

Healing classes have a much easier time since the heal aggro is usually more than enough to keep the adds running to your actual unkillable character while the MC'd razor gore fucks up the eggs

• Options
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    The fishing tourney seems to be broken right now. It's giving first place to everyone who brings in 40 fish.

Are you talking about the world quest they added with 7.1.5 where the first fifty people win? Or is that bugged out to give more?

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

Healing classes have a much easier time since the heal aggro is usually more than enough to keep the adds running to your actual unkillable character while the MC'd razor gore fucks up the eggs

Hide Razorgore at the back of the platform where the MC orb is, and wait for enemies to stop spawning. There's a cap on how many enemies there can be. Razorgore generates no threat while burning eggs so once all the enemies are on your toon and they've stopped spawning, he'll draw no aggro from them.

• Options
    Yeah but that takes like...6 minutes at least? It's definitely up there with Immersius with 'I'd rather put a nail through my dick' levels of boring.

• Options
    Dang, that would be nice. I still want to get the heirloom ring :P

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Yeah but that takes like...6 minutes at least? It's definitely up there with Immersius with 'I'd rather put a nail through my dick' levels of boring.

Well if your class doesn't generate healing aggro then you don't have any other choice - Razorgore will die if you let mobs hit him for very long.

And it takes around 3 minutes for them all to spawn. You usually have to refresh MC once during the process, and it's a 90second channel. Just alt tab and browse while it's doing it.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Well if your class doesn't generate healing aggro then you don't have any other choice - Razorgore will die if you let mobs hit him for very long.

And it takes around 3 minutes for them all to spawn. You usually have to refresh MC once during the process, and it's a 90second channel. Just alt tab and browse while it's doing it.

It's definitely doable, I have done it a lot. Make sure you're sleeping any dragonkin that aggros onto him and being as efficient as possible with the eggs. But maybe waiting would be easier.

• Options
    Dang, that would be nice. I still want to get the heirloom ring :P

I gave up on it and the salty title because until recently I was not awake to do it
    To know I have worked nights and weekends for 12+ years is just sad

• Options

It's definitely doable, I have done it a lot. Make sure you're sleeping any dragonkin that aggros onto him and being as efficient as possible with the eggs. But maybe waiting would be easier.

it is. I mean, sitting there for several minutes is super boring, but there's no rule that says you have to sit in game, and I'd rather do the fight in several minutes while watching Netflix and not having to pay attention to anything except the MC timer vs having to concentrate and pay attention and actually do mechanics stuff. It's only a transmog run.

• Options

I'm not sure if it's bugged or if you he fishing tourney just isn't popular anymore, but I finally got the heirloom ring and my Salty title

• Options

I've definitely done it as rogue without doing that trick. Just run around popping eggs and sleeping and dragons i see, then cancel mc buff, fan of knives once, resume orb control, repeat.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017

it is. I mean, sitting there for several minutes is super boring, but there's no rule that says you have to sit in game, and I'd rather do the fight in several minutes while watching Netflix and not having to pay attention to anything except the MC timer vs having to concentrate and pay attention and actually do mechanics stuff. It's only a transmog run.

It's a shame they don't make it a bit more solo friendly, though the odds of them going back at this point are super low (I think they did fix some things when they added the pets so you actually *could* solo it. Before I think you needed to do weird tricks to make the fight think there were at least two people like having pets or something). If they made him scale with ilvl like the ulduar vehicles that would solve any issue.

I also wish they'd do something about the suppression room which is just awful. They took disarm trap away from Rogues at some point so there's literally no way (as far as I know) to disable to those things. The only semi-reasonable way through it I've found is that druids can at least shapeshift back and forth which removes the debuff temporarily.

Edit: Wow, I decided to google it.... I wish I had been doing this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh22VKhpIms

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Feels good man...

5kbzmdvfape8.png

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    The trick to Razorgore is to re-click the mind control orb while you're still controlling Razorgore as soon as enemies spawn. This redirects them straight to you.

• Options
    Feels good man...

5kbzmdvfape8.png

I still prefer the havoc skin, but the vengeance one has definitely grow on me.

I'm also the only one in my guild to my knowledge to have all the challenge skins for their class, though being a Demon Hunter that really feels like cheating

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

It's a shame they don't make it a bit more solo friendly, though the odds of them going back at this point are super low (I think they did fix some things when they added the pets so you actually *could* solo it. Before I think you needed to do weird tricks to make the fight think there were at least two people like having pets or something). If they made him scale with ilvl like the ulduar vehicles that would solve any issue.

I also wish they'd do something about the suppression room which is just awful. They took disarm trap away from Rogues at some point so there's literally no way (as far as I know) to disable to those things. The only semi-reasonable way through it I've found is that druids can at least shapeshift back and forth which removes the debuff temporarily.

Can't watch that at the moment, but I'm guessing he uses the mobs from the room downstairs to get punted up to the second floor? That saves a ton of time. Just have to make sure they don't punt you back down once you're up there.

• Options
    Bobble wrote: »

Can't watch that at the moment, but I'm guessing he uses the mobs from the room downstairs to get punted up to the second floor? That saves a ton of time. Just have to make sure they don't punt you back down once you're up there.

Yeah that's what it is.

• Options

Are you talking about the world quest they added with 7.1.5 where the first fifty people win? Or is that bugged out to give more?

It was definitely more than 50

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Bone White Primal Raptor finally, which puts me at 294/300.

Down to just the Soft Hands achievement for the Glory of the Thundering Raider achievement (I figure I can solo it on the mage, but the timing is dicey).

Also need to start hitting the older raids I'm missing mounts from (Elegon, Dragon Soul, Al'akir, Yogg, and Arthas) as well as hitting some of the more...difficult vendor mounts (I'm missing two of the apexis ones, but one of those is a generic hippo that's 50k gold + crystals, and the saberstalker one).

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    I've been killing razorgore every week for a chance at the bracers, if anyone wants a bwl id with just him cleared.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    If you're doing Invincible or anything in Dragon Soul, the time to do Razorgore using the "add spawn cap" method is no worse than any of those. Boring? You bet, but it's the best no-fail way to get through it. I consider this "active" boring (much like Immerseus) instead of "passive" boring of RP forever. Srsly, Arthas has 90 secs minimum to even pull the boss, plus almost 4 minutes during the sub-10% portion. And the discussions on top of Wyrmrest Temple are nearly as long (no DBM timer).

There are a few vids out there that go into detail about how it all works, but it's just as @Dhalphir said, where you stick him into the wall so his tail faces the MC orb and you don't use any other abilities for 1-2 MC cycles (I tend to overexaggerate it a bit), then you can go crazy on eggs. You can also kill off 1-2 eggs during the first MC phase, before any adds spawn.

I'm actually considering trying some other spots to park Razorgore because you can get RNG to cause a couple of adds to aggro to him even if you're just sitting there.

I have *not* seen that trick with the Suppression Room, so I'm going to have to try that. I find that whole portion worse than Razorgore.

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    I too only need Soft Hands for the mount now. Finally completed the Crossing The Streams achievement at Durumu. Last time I tried (early Legion or late WoD), it seemed to be bugged so that you could never see the puffs of colored smoke that indicate the spawn points.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I'll have to try to work on that meta again. I need I think one more Lei shen pillar and the crossing streams achiev

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    I too only need Soft Hands for the mount now. Finally completed the Crossing The Streams achievement at Durumu. Last time I tried (early Legion or late WoD), it seemed to be bugged so that you could never see the puffs of colored smoke that indicate the spawn points.

Out of curiosity are you doing it on Horde or Alliance?

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the top of wyrmrest tower in dragon soul I think represents the highwater mark of terrible RP in raids; at least lich king was a tier/storyline ending boss

they seem to have avoided doing stuff like that since then, or at least let you play through it

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Nobody wrote: »
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

Out of curiosity are you doing it on Horde or Alliance?

Horde.

edit: EU servers.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I don't know why, but for some reason I had the urge to do a bunch of transmog runs on my priest tonight. She's basically not run any raid content at all so she had nothing (and I don't really have any other clothies so pretty much all cloth was new for me)

Running through The Eye though, and this happens...

I got that mount 4 years ago -_- And then just randomly on her very first Eye run ever, it just drops again. Of all the damn mounts to drop. How bout Invincible or Mimiron's Head instead? :P heh, oh well. I wish I could give it away or something. It's a shame...

Random side note, trying to complete more sets on my Priest is really driving home just how phoned-in their tier set tab is. Like, the idea behind it is great. I love that. But just some examples:
    • I got the Priest tier 1 pants from Molten Core. Not even listed on the set (granted the robe hides them but *still*).
    • A TON of the tier pieces list "Vendor" as the source. That's the most unhelpful thing ever, and also super wrong now that you can click tokens to change them into the tier piece instead of having to track down the vendor to exchange them. Makes it super useless for knowing... you know, which BOSS drops the token...
    • Tier 2 helm lookalikes from Onyxia don't count as Tier 2 helms (which is honestly a failing of the transmog system in general, they should count but are listed as separate transmogs... that just happen to look identical)
    • Any pieces you actually have no longer list the source, which is annoying. Especially since all of the Burning Crusade tier tokens can be turned in on Quel'Danis for the equivalent PvP piece, so knowing which boss drops those even if you already have them is useful.
    • Which is another thing - those vendors aren't listed as a source for any of those pieces (granted, it probably does say "Vendor" as helpful as that is... but people would probably love to know there's alternate ways to get those pieces).
    • The sets just get super weird for anything Warlords. I think Blackrock Foundry flat out doesn't even have an LFR set (maybe there isn't one? *shrug*). But it separates LFR and Normal/Heroic/Mythic for some reason. I sort of get why, but it's also confusing. (and it's not like the Mythic pieces don't look a bit different from the non-Mythic pieces too)

I dunno. Just something that has been bothering me. I'm used to their stuff being a lot more polished. Especially given all this information probably exists in about 20 different transmog guides they could have consulted to make it easy, and there aren't that many tiers of gear, all of which is largely duplicate information across every class (minus misc belts and stuff)

P.S. - Dear god WHY does Shadow not have an AOE?!

Edit: Oh I also got one of the Bindings off Baron Geddon which is amusing given priests can't even use swords :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Mind flay and mind sear were combined a few patches ago, that's your aoe.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.