Options

[WoW] Someone really needs to start a new thread

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    There, I have the stupid sparkle moose. Now done with all grindy ass archaeology things so that I don't need to do another grindy ass archaeology thing again (probably... actually, probably not... *sigh*)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Grabbed the Vengeance DH legendary cloak tonight, for 15% magic reduction on Immolation Aura. Pretty glad about that, because it's a fantastic legendary for survivability in Nighthold where magic damage is a big thing.

We got a relatively smooth re-kill process on H Gul'dan, took half a dozen wipes to get it together once more. Then we did our first Mythic raid, and got Skorpyron down. Feeling very good about this.

Only downside of moving into mythic is that roster management becomes a thing I have to start accounting for, but I think we'll be okay.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    forty wrote: »
    6 Highmountain digsites and I'm at 151/600. Ugh, looking at 24 digsites at this rate.
    Well, that was a good estimate. I just hit 600 near the end of my 24th digsite. It was actually looking like it was going to take a couple more than that, then I hit an incredibly lucky string of like 4 ghosts in my last 4 digsites.

Ugh.

forty on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I heard rumblings that Mythic Skorp is similar to Heroic Horridon. Does that sound appropriate?

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I heard rumblings that Mythic Skorp is similar to Heroic Horridon. Does that sound appropriate?

I don't know Horridon, but Mythic Skorp is basically just Heroic with less margin for error and slightly more positioning requirements.

You can't afford to get knocked back and spawn extra adds, while on Heroic it's trivial to deal with extras.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Guys. Revelation Online just went to open Beta and this is one of the mounts (it flies). I think we've found the WoW killer....
    36xofbozpsoz.jpg

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Looks like a second rate Tera clone, which was quite second rate in and on itself.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    Guys. Revelation Online just went to open Beta and this is one of the mounts (it flies). I think we've found the WoW killer....

So what knee jerk change to wow will this new mmo bring about?

• Options
    5-person cat mounts duh!

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    kaid wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    And if you like Warlords over Legion then you are in a very small minority.

I'll take grindy, RNG content over zero content any day of the week.

Zero content? What are you talking about? Warlords had a ton of content. I would argue outside of Mythic+ it had just as much content as Legion has right now, albeit with the "world quest equivalent" being localized at two hubs per day instead of all over...

Can you explain what content that is, then? Because six months into Warlords, I only logged on for raids, and I did that for the remainder of the entire expansion, with a small exception when they released Tanaan Jungle and I logged on for thirty minutes per day to do the Tanaan quests to get flying.

Off the top of my head:
    -Garrison campaign, with a new chain of quests every week
    -Legendary Ring campaign that spanned across most of the expansion
    -Garrison building related content including dungeon quests, PvP quests, mount taming quests, collecting transmog gear via iron scraps, profession buildings, etc
    -Garrison invasions
    -Garrison missions and follower recruitment, as well as bodyguards (if you had a barracks)
    -Finding treasures which often required fun searching for interesting rewards (Legion turned this into largely useless Order Hall resources)
    -Introduction of weekly events and timewalking
    -Usual stuff - dailies, dungeons, rep grinds, raids, etc

This is off the top of my head. There was a lot more. But I don't see how there was "zero content. " By that definition, Legion only has two raids and nothing else

Problem with wod is the garrison generated so much loot/money there basically was no reason to leave it and do what content was available. Their dailies were for apexis crystals to basically buy gear you did not want that was worse than the random stuff your garrison crapped out so after doing the rep thing for flying most never bothered working on them. They were also just totally mindless grind the hell out of mobs in X zone setups. Garrison invasions again cute idea short circuited by the garrison follower missions having MUCH better rewards than anything that dropped from invasions.

Dungeons in WOD were pointless I love dungeon running and WOD had some great dungeons but were basically not even worth doing until basically the expansion was mostly done already.

So basically most of what I did in wod was my once per week garrison campaign stuff and legendary ring and then milled around playing ults. There is a reason I have a full slate of 100+ level characters and it was not because WOD was overflowing with stuff to do at max level.

Yes, they made Garrisons too powerful, but I still had fun with them. I feel like, in typical fashion, they identified the issue and WAY overcorrected for Legion, rather than just toning thing back a little bit to encourage more types of play.

The apexis thing is the same problem they have now. Why am I doing world quests? The gear is bad now, the cache gear is even worse (830.. Seriously Blizzard?). So it's pointless too.

I thought WoD dungeons were fun when I still had Inn quests to do for them. I agree they were pointless after, same way dungeons in every expansion since TBC were pointless after like the first raid. I had hoped they would expand dungeons to have more fun rewards like the Inn quests, but they went the opposite way with Mythic+.

I understand some people like that, but I don't. I have been let down soooooooooooooo many times by organized group content that I am now at the "fuck it" stage of not wanting to bother. Why find a guild when they will just break up again, same as has happened every expansion? I even had a group of friends I was running EN with, only to have stupid loot drama break that up, like a month into the expansion. So I'm done with it.

I get saying WoD didn't have enough raid content, that is true. But it did have things to do. Legion has almost exclusively group content, and not much else (outside of tedious grinds for no real reward).

So that is my frustration.

The emissary stuff is not great but it is good for quite a bit for characters once you hit 100 the rep gains unlock a lot of stuff that is useful and good and the gear you get helps round out your sets until you get better. Plus there is a chance for that fox mount and some other nice stuff and it is one of the higher drop rates for legendaries for non major raiders. All 3 of my legendaries have come from emissary boxes.

Apexis no matter if you ran them the entire expansion were ever going to give you anything you anything useful until tanann came out. Once that came out it was pretty easy to buy the mount and the few other things you may want and then you were pretty much done with it forever.

The dungeons were even more pointless than normal in WOD. The ilevel to get into heroics was nearly the same for the LFR which came out at around the same time. Your garrison alone would out ilevel you for dungeons and between that and LFR dungeons in wod did not even work as your normal step up into raiding gear tier. Legions model is pretty solid I don't do a ton of mythic plus but its a pretty solid option and if you do the heroics with a WQ active their rewards are pretty solid for the effort.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I got the lengendary tanking trinket the other day. Haven't really tried it out in a proper raid, but I'm pretty happy to drop Sephuz's Secret for that.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

I don't know Horridon, but Mythic Skorp is basically just Heroic with less margin for error and slightly more positioning requirements.

You can't afford to get knocked back and spawn extra adds, while on Heroic it's trivial to deal with extras.

I remember Horridon, and I don't really see the similarities beyond being a big boss that summons adds and you have to dodge the frontal attack. Horridon had you running around a massive room at set phases with a heavy focus on interrupts and dispels. Positioning was really only there so you could manage adds better, not because it was the focus of the fight.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I'm not really a big "alt" guy, especially for something like this game where if you plan on playing alts, it's a bit of an investment due to the AP grind (which has gotten easier since launch) and also things like when a legendary drops, you'll always wish it was on your main instead of your alt.

But I started a Windwalker Monk and loved it enough to get it to 110, geared up for mythics within 2 weeks, and got my first legendary drop, which was the cloak that makes Touch of Karma do 150% damage. Not too shabby.

Then I figure I'm enjoying playing a DPS enough, and I main a Holy Paladin, so let's give this whole Ret spec thing a try. With my equipped gear, even forgoing things like my trinkets which are both INT and my two legendaries (one of which is the Holy-spec cloak that does nothing for Ret), I'm 884 geared. Took me 3 days to get a bunch of AP to max out Ashbringer including getting the first point in the 20 level paragon trait. This morning I ran the random heroic before reset to get some more AP and got the legendary cloak for that spec (Divine Storm/Templar's Verdict damage +15% if uses successively within 4 seconds).

Part of me wishes it was a better holy legendary, but I can't complain. And I didn't think I'd really like Retribution spec but man, it's fun.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    I have four legendaries out of all my 5 110s. I'm still hoping for a second leg to drop for my disc priest

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Since we're taking this thread and running with it, can someone grab me the OP (well, the second post) from the previous thread? Since it's locked, I can't quote it to grab the links/formatting. I'm hoping one of you happens to have it somewhere. If not, I'll try to gin up a proper OP and we can be on our way.

Mugsley on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I'm not really a big "alt" guy, especially for something like this game where if you plan on playing alts, it's a bit of an investment due to the AP grind (which has gotten easier since launch) and also things like when a legendary drops, you'll always wish it was on your main instead of your alt.

But I started a Windwalker Monk and loved it enough to get it to 110, geared up for mythics within 2 weeks, and got my first legendary drop, which was the cloak that makes Touch of Karma do 150% damage. Not too shabby.

Then I figure I'm enjoying playing a DPS enough, and I main a Holy Paladin, so let's give this whole Ret spec thing a try. With my equipped gear, even forgoing things like my trinkets which are both INT and my two legendaries (one of which is the Holy-spec cloak that does nothing for Ret), I'm 884 geared. Took me 3 days to get a bunch of AP to max out Ashbringer including getting the first point in the 20 level paragon trait. This morning I ran the random heroic before reset to get some more AP and got the legendary cloak for that spec (Divine Storm/Templar's Verdict damage +15% if uses successively within 4 seconds).

Part of me wishes it was a better holy legendary, but I can't complain. And I didn't think I'd really like Retribution spec but man, it's fun.

Do you know how much salt you could manufacture if you told any ret paladins you just "tried" the spec and got the best dps legendary by a country mile?

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    I have four legendaries out of all my 5 110s. I'm still hoping for a second leg to drop for my disc priest

I have two on my Disc priest, and they're both bottom tier :(

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Is there a good, agreed upon place to see the "legendary tiers" for your spec?

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Since we're taking this thread and running with it, can someone grab me the OP (well, the second post) from the previous thread? Since it's locked, I can't quote it to grab the links/formatting. I'm hoping one of you happens to have it somewhere. If not, I'll try to gin up a proper OP and we can be on our way.
    Post 1:

Features

Karazhan reimagined as a 5-man Mythic dungeon (read: raid-lite)
    • Requires attunement via other Mythic Dungeons
    • Drops ilevel 855 loot with last hidden boss dropping 875
    • Whopping 9-boss roster -- will take a significant amount of time to clear
    • Nostalgia garunteeed!

New mini-raid Trials of Valor
    • Releases November 6
    • 3 boss mini-raid
    • 5 ilevels higher than Emerald Nightmare: no tier loot
    • Unique transmog armor
    New Suramar Quests

New World Quests

New Zone: Alcaz Isle

New Mounts & Toys

New Blood of Sargaras trader

Full coverage on Wowhead's guide

forty on
  • Options
    Post 2:
    zwwj159h19z1.png
    FAQ

Is there a PA guild?

There is not a PA guild associated with this thread. We do however have a discord channel that we use to organize. Permanent link is: https://discord.gg/ZrDh6u5, or ask @ Dhalphir
    There are both Horde and alliance toons in there, so feel free to message people and start groups together. Seriously don't be a stranger, there are a lot of helpful people.

There is also a Horde guild on Chogall that is run by the fine people of SE++ which you can find more info about in their thread.
    I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention the ancient Penny Arcade Alliance on Dark Iron. Founded by Tycho himself, <Knights of Arcadia> is still going strong. You can contact @ SniperGuy for more info there. Be forwarned, Dark Iron is a PvP server with a serious imbalance in favor of the Horde, so you know if you're not ready for some 1v5 action...
    jocf9bh5r140.jpg

I haven't played since <Previous Expansion>, what's changed?
    Let me explain... No, there is too much, let me sum up.

Class Fantasy
    As is customary with each expansion, classes have gone through significant changes. The focus for Legion was on refining Class Fantasy: giving each class defined strengths and weaknesses, and moving away from the homogeonized jacks-of-all-trades they'd become. You can read more about Blizzard's philosophy on each class here at their class preview page. You also get a free boost to level 100 with purchase of Legion, and the opportunity to do a trial run with a new class before locking in your choice for that boost.

Order Halls
    Garrisons are dead! Long live Order Halls! Seriously, though each class gets it's own Order Hall complete with a class quest chain that awards a set of armor at max level with a unique look for each class. Order halls also give follower missions (similar to Garrisons) and are generally really awesome looking with tons of followers walking around in teir gear, etc. Full Wowhead guide here.

Artifact Weapons
    Each spec has it's own unique Artifact Weapon, which you'll be using exclusively here on out. There are no weapon drops in Legion, instead there are relics which work like gem slots and will increase the ilevel of your weapon. There are no new talents or abilities given to each class in Legion, instead character progression is gated behind powering up your artifact (through the aptly named Artifact Power consumables) to add new abilities and passive bonuses. All AP is gained via using consumable items, so you can totally queue and play as a tank but put all your AP into your DPS spec instead. Additionally, after reaching 110 you can start researching Artifact Knowledge which increases the amount of AP you gain from each consumable earned afterwards. AK research has a catch-up mechanic, so even if you're just starting now you won't be permanently behind.

Warforging & Titanforging
    All loot drops from max level content; World Quests, dungeons, raids, pvp chests, etc, have the chance to proc additional ilevels in sets of 5 up to the current maximum ilevel of 895. Each item also has a chance to proc the tertiary stats (leach, speed, avoidance, and indestructible) and/or a socket. So you potentially could get a Titanforged ilevel 895 helm with leach and a socket from your very first world quest. You would then also immediately need to buy a ticket to Vegas and put it all on red.

World Quests
    Across the map you'll see quest icons. Going to the specified area will generate a quick audio intro to the quest and automatically add it to your quest log. Finishing the objectives will automatically complete the quest, and leaving the area will also remove it from your log. I'm not going to lie to you; these are reskinned dailies with better rewards, but we don't care.

Legendaries
    There are currently 160 new legendaries for legion. They are divided up among class and spec with a few shared by role and 2 universal ones. You can get Legendaries from almost any activity at any level in legion (yes, you could get one at 98 from your very first dungeon run). They are currently ilevel 895, and will continue to scale throughout the expansion, as well as provide some crazy overpowered effects for your class/spec. Expect to never get one yourself, unless it drops for you on an alt you don't really mean to play.

Dungeons
    There are four difficulties for dungeons this time around. Additionally, why leveling dungeons scale to your individual level; so a level 108 tank could be healed by a level 101 healer and a level 100 DPS could (and probably will) pull more weight than a level 110. Normal loot drops scale with level and cap at 805. Heroic dungeons drop ilevel 825 items, and require a min ilevel of 810 to queue for (but you can form a group yourself and walk into any heroic naked if you want). Mythic dungeons can only be completed once each week and drop 840 gear and can't be queued for. You will have to put together a group the old fashioned way, but there are lots of resources for doing so. The in client group finder tool is a good way to start, as is joining our discord server. Realize that the ease/difficulty of finding groups is 80% of what we argue about in this thread; join in!

Finally there are Mythic+ dungeons which require a bit of explaining. After completing your first Mythic dungeon, you'll get a Mythic Keystone which will be attuned for a specific dungeon. Putting the Keystone into the Font of Power at the start of the appropriate dungeon will start a timed run of that dungeon. Beating that time will level up your keystone allowing you to take on increasingly challenging dungeon content. At Mythic 4+ your keystone will gain an affix like "Teeming" which will increase the difficulty even more by adding more mobs or other effects to the trash. This provides small group friendly end-game content as the rewards scale with the difficulty. Unlike regular Mythics, there is no lockout on Mythic+ dungeons.

Raiding
    Raiding also has four difficulties, and each has it's own lockout meaning you could masochistically run the Emerald Nightmare 4 times in the same week! Looking For Raid can be queued for, and has reduced difficulty and fewer mechanics allowing it to be completed by unwashed uncoordinated masses and drops 835 loot. Normal (850) and Heroic (865) difficulties require preformed raids (so, you know, get social), but can be run by and scale to group sizes between 10 & 30 people which gives groups some great flexibility. Mythic raiding requires exactly 20 players who are all on the same battlegroup, and is the only content restricted in this way. Mythic drops 880 gear that is permanently stained with salt.

PvP
    PvP has seen the most changes this expac. Abilities now have pvp modifiers, usually downtuning, meaning your awesome 1.4 mil Justicar's Vengeance crits in pve will 'only' hit for 936k in pvp. Additionally any instanced pvp area (battlegrounds, arena) will apply a stat template to your character and ignore all gear (except for traits from your Artifact Weapon). Raising your average ilevel above 800 will give you a small bonus to your template, but generally limited to single digit percentage points which means that entering PvP is easier than ever. There is still PvP gear, but realize that it's pretty much just a visual thing now. Honor points are no longer a currency: instead you have Prestige levels which are pretty much an experience bar that goes to level 50. Along the way at each honor level you'll get nice rewards and unlock your PvP talent tree skills. Getting to Honor Level 50 let's you trade it all in for a prestige rank, netting you some cool titles and mounts and starting the honor grind all over again. Once 7.1 hits you won't lose out on your pvp talent unlocks, but until then...

Do I have to buy all the previous expansions?
    No you don't! All previous expansions through Warlords of Draenor have been rolled into the base game. You just need to purchase a copy of Legion to access the current content, and doing so gives you a free character boost to level 100 to get you right into the thick of things.

I really like theorycrafting, where can I go to talk with other theorycrafters?
    *work in progress

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    Is there a good, agreed upon place to see the "legendary tiers" for your spec?

The various class Discords usually have them listed somewhere, failing that you can usually find a consensus by comparing Icy Veins, Wowhead, and MMO Champion guides to see what they agree on.

• Options
    That tank trinket I got last week is a real nice chunk of damage.
    4.5-5.5% of my total damage over the course of a fight, and some really good shields to boot.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, Shard of the Exodar on my mage, it's nice that my 3rd legendary is an actual DPS one.

• Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »

I have two on my Disc priest, and they're both bottom tier :(

The legendary I have is the smite belt. :)

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    1 Skysec's Hold
    2 Ekowraith, Creator of Worlds
    3 Elize's Everlasting Encasement (note that this is particularly powerful if you have taken the Rend and Tear talent)
    4 Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus
    5 Archimonde's Hatred Reborn
    6 Dual Determination
    7 Oakheart's Puny Quods
    My first Legendary was Ekowraith, and I figured it seemed pretty good, so that was lucky. My second (and only other) Legendary was Oakheart's, and that thing seemed like a pile of shit (besides being a good stat stick). Looks like the game is balancing things out.

forty on
  • Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    Oh, hey, Shard of the Exodar on my mage, it's nice that my 3rd legendary is an actual DPS one.

enjoy it while you can, they're nerfing the second lust from full duration to 25 seconds

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Speaking of leggos, just had KJ's Burning Wish drop for my priest out of a emissary cache.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2017
    We got a relatively smooth re-kill process on H Gul'dan, took half a dozen wipes to get it together once more. Then we did our first Mythic raid, and got Skorpyron down. Feeling very good about this.
    Mythic Anomaly will have you feeling otherwise.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    OP updated. Let me know if there's anything else you want to see.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »

enjoy it while you can, they're nerfing the second lust from full duration to 25 seconds

Still better than Norgannon's and Prydaz.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Prydaz is the best legendary and I will hear no dissent. Not only are the stats on it crazy, but I'm pretty sure that if everyone in the raid had one, it would almost be like having another healer

• Options
    If everyone in a 20 person raid had it, it'd be more than 300k hps I think? (just doing some rough napkin math)

• Options
    If everyone in a 20 person raid had it, it'd be more than 300k hps I think? (just doing some rough napkin math)

Assuming that your tanks have 5 million health (which is on the low end with current itemization) and non-tanks have 2.5 mil (also on the low end) and a 20 man group:

(2.5m * .25) * 18 = 11,250,000 damage absorbed every 30 seconds, or 22,500,000 every minute
    (5m * .15) * 2 = 1,500,000 every 30 seconds, or 3,000,000 every minute

25,500,000/60 = 425,000 hps in damage absorbed per minute.

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

Assuming that your tanks have 5 million health (which is on the low end with current itemization) and non-tanks have 2.5 mil (also on the low end) and a 20 man group:

(2.5m * .25) * 18 = 11,250,000 damage absorbed every 30 seconds, or 22,500,000 every minute

I wasn't sure what non-tanks sit at these days, so I low-balled at 2m... and I couldn't remember what the shield% was for tanks.
    Also I don't quite hit 5m as a tank and I am very sad (though Meta puts me over 6m, so it's probably more than 5m on average anyway)

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »

Do you know how much salt you could manufacture if you told any ret paladins you just "tried" the spec and got the best dps legendary by a country mile?

I thought the best one would've been Liadrin's Fury since auto-generating AP during AW/Crusade is nice, regardless of the synergy you get with Cloak of the Nethrazim.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular

I wasn't sure what non-tanks sit at these days, so I low-balled at 2m... and I couldn't remember what the shield% was for tanks.
    Also I don't quite hit 5m as a tank and I am very sad (though Meta puts me over 6m, so it's probably more than 5m on average anyway)

My bear is well over 5million HP and my neck only gives me like 900k of a shield. Not sure why that is.

• Options
    Cirira wrote: »

My bear is well over 5million HP and my neck only gives me like 900k of a shield. Not sure why that is.

900k would be 6 million hp, so if that sounds right, there you go. DPS shields are 25% of hp, while tank specs only get 15%. It also takes whatever current max HP is, so if you have a flask up, or any HP increasing cooldowns at the time the shield procs, that will make your shield even bigger.

• Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Thread title is appropriate. Just got the affliction legendary lock helm to replace my demo legendary helm, I prefer affliction over demo, so this works out!

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I do want the helm but all I have is the ring and cloak

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »

900k would be 6 million hp, so if that sounds right, there you go. DPS shields are 25% of hp, while tank specs only get 15%. It also takes whatever current max HP is, so if you have a flask up, or any HP increasing cooldowns at the time the shield procs, that will make your shield even bigger.

My brain did the math wrong so that makes sense. I always have to make sure I'm in bear form when the neck rolls to get the bigger shield on pull. Only downside to it on a druid.

This discussion has been closed.