Options

[WoW] Someone really needs to start a new thread

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Or just don't have 4 different levels of gear per tier. That crap even existed in regular dungeons with lfr basically being the gear you get from leveling. There doesn't need to be 150 ilvls of gear difference between the bottom and top of every tier...

that too. It took us five expansions to get from 1-600, now we'll probably be at 1000 after just two more.

We'll be over 1000 before this expansion is done. The devs talked about doing a stat/iLvl squish "after the expansion after Warlods" quite a while back.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    yeah it's going to be necessary for sure

I'd much prefer to go back to doing 500 DPS with raid bosses that have 1m health, instead of doing 900k DPS with raid bosses that have 3.5 billion health.

Warlords didn't squish far enough.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Or just don't have 4 different levels of gear per tier. That crap even existed in regular dungeons with lfr basically being the gear you get from leveling. There doesn't need to be 150 ilvls of gear difference between the bottom and top of every tier...

that too. It took us five expansions to get from 1-600, now we'll probably be at 1000 after just two more.

We'll be over 1000 before this expansion is done. The devs talked about doing a stat/iLvl squish "after the expansion after Warlods" quite a while back.

Yeah, we STARTED this xpac at 700, we're already over 900 for the top range stuff and there are supposedly two more Raid Tiers coming. A conservative guess would be we end at 995 or so, and break 1000 with the next xpac. But who knows, we could blow way past that by raid tier three.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Well, I don't really count levelling gear, and Warlords high end gear topped out at 750. Although, that's me being semantic and it really doesn't matter - the overall number increase is ludicrous no matter where you start and finish it.

We will definitely blow past 1000 this expansion, though. We've already gained nearly 100 from Heroic dungeons to Mythic Nighthold it's not a stretch to say we'll gain another 100 in two raid tiers.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    There was a leak of an artifact weapon of ilvl 1300, so yeah, breaking 1000 this expansion.

On stuff, first raid night after the drama and overall a bunch of swift kills to 5/10 Heroic. Sure, we already beated these bosses before, but got some people coming back and some new recruits, and the whole thing just feels better with no drama and no endless wipes on Krosus.

Oh, and I got a 890 BiS relic and FINALLY got a Heroic Cake, 885 socketed. Thank god, was sick of getting tier cloaks from coins for a month.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    We need more socketed cakes.

Curious: have any of you had luck with Timewalking groups wanting to do achievs? I know probably 90% of the groups just want to finish things, but I was wondering if some of the more fun ones (like, say, the one where you have to kill 100 hoplings) would be worthwhile to certain groups.

Also what the hell. Gul'dan queue was up to 35 minutes last night, so I dropped it in hopes another night won't be so bad. Tanks and Healers: why do you hate that fight?

• Options
    Most people will probably prefer to solo the achievements. Only ones you'll get are accidental ones (the best ones).

• Options
    Yeah, that's what I was worried about. There's at least one that needs 2 people (it involves having a boss hit by two targeting lasers in a short amount of time), and some of the others are a bit tedious to do solo. Also I was thinking some of the achievs like "release and kill the little adds on a Sha fight" would keep the pace up and add a bit of spice to just speed runs.

• Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Also what the hell. Gul'dan queue was up to 35 minutes last night, so I dropped it in hopes another night won't be so bad. Tanks and Healers: why do you hate that fight?

We hate LFR in general. I don't do LFR on any of my characters, even the ones that would benefit from the gear.

I haven't done Gul'dan specifically on LFR, so I have no idea what the tuning is like. I expected Elisande to be a horrific fight for LFR based on her regular mechanics, but they undertuned it so hard that she basically didn't do anything.

But if any of the Gul'dan mechanics are actually dangerous on LFR, then it'd be a nightmare of a fight.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    tanks and healers get the brunt of the shit in LFR if things go sideways.

I can tank on my pally, I have a decent pair of tanking legendaries (belt and pants), I've tanked for several expansions, including heroric modes.

I will still queue up as ret because half the DPS in the raid will drool on their keyboard for the entire fight, and then blame the tank when the add they refused to DPS down causes a wipe.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

We hate LFR in general. I don't do LFR on any of my characters, even the ones that would benefit from the gear.

I haven't done Gul'dan specifically on LFR, so I have no idea what the tuning is like. I expected Elisande to be a horrific fight for LFR based on her regular mechanics, but they undertuned it so hard that she basically didn't do anything.

But if any of the Gul'dan mechanics are actually dangerous on LFR, then it'd be a nightmare of a fight.

From what I saw last night, Gul'dan had less wipes than either Botanist or Astronomancer the first time I saw them in LFR, but you can still wipe if DPS stand in front of Gul'dan or adds get ignored.

Nobody on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Gul'dan seems to go fine on LFR except when the DPS ignore the eyes, which happened pretty much every time until our Determination was high enough that incidental AoE killed them. Also, people don't understand how the Fel Bonds work so you pretty much lose 2 people every time it goes out.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Most DPS seem to be melee these days (weird how that happens when you add melee dps and remove ranged dps specs) and running from add to add as melee is craptastic.

One of the reasons why I switched to my Beastmastery Hunter. You can shoot at whatever and your pet teleports to things fairly quick.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Gul'dan seems to go fine on LFR except when the DPS ignore the eyes, which happened pretty much every time until our Determination was high enough that incidental AoE killed them. Also, people don't understand how the Fel Bonds work so you pretty much lose 2 people every time it goes out.

yup the first few wipes were just a reminder kill the adds asap. Once we got that it was very doable. A lot more sane fight than archimonde was.

• Options
    A buddy of mine went for LFR Gul'dan and his group got up to 18+ stacks.

No thank you.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    7.2 changes the Illidan soul fragments quest by reducing the amount required down to 40 (from 80) and upping the weekly cap to 20 (from 10). So, you'll be able to finish the thing in two weeks at a minimum if you don't mind grinding dungeons. And if you already have 40+, you'll be able to finish it right then and there.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Fun times: I decided to look into the Balance of Power questline. Apparently I'm only on the third quest. So this should be fun.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    7.2 changes the Illidan soul fragments quest by reducing the amount required down to 40 (from 80) and upping the weekly cap to 20 (from 10). So, you'll be able to finish the thing in two weeks at a minimum if you don't mind grinding dungeons. And if you already have 40+, you'll be able to finish it right then and there.

Guessing that means that they looked at their metrics and there's a lot of people who are like me. Took one look at that quest and just stopped doing dungeons.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    also because by the time you get 8 weeks of doing things under your belt the 870 rewards might not even be that useful; this way they can still kinda be targeted at people who're in the gearing up process

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    also I got the worthless resto druid gloves last night, sigh

I've been content essentially to play with house money since getting the ring as my first one, but four terrible options in a row afterward has kinda worn on me

• Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Wifes been back playing for about 2 weeks. She played for about a month when legion dropped. Saturday she got her BIS Legendary for Fire. Last night she got the Fire helm. Salt levels are critical.

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Timewalking week is hilariously good for alts. It makes me not want to really put in any effort with them until it rolls around each time.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Whoever thought they should put the Mists Timewalking vendor right on top of the graveyard on the TIMELESS ISLE should be shot into the sun.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    can you get panda reps from the timewalking dungeons? I thought you just had to click the star thingie in the rep menu but evidently not

• Options
    can you get panda reps from the timewalking dungeons? I thought you just had to click the star thingie in the rep menu but evidently not

The bonus rep star only works when you queue for normal or heroic Panda dungeons. Timewalking is a different queue. Seems like a small technical oversight.

• Options
    6/10 H woo! Our main problem with Aluriel was our strat for Arcane phase, namely that everybody was just stacking behind the boss so when the balls came in, they hit everybody and that hurt A LOT. Once that was fixed, the kill took a few attempts after that.

Did Eli/Gul'dan Normal before that, and I got Gul'dan's pants, so I can have 4pc + Kara cloak and my crit is decent again.

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    I wasn't able to go to raid last night but they got H Botanist down and the reaction seemed to be universally "OK, we got him down. Let's never do that boss again."

• Options
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Timewalking week is hilariously good for alts. It makes me not want to really put in any effort with them until it rolls around each time.

I meant to ask this yesterday. My Prot Pal is ilvl 787. Does his gear level get adjusted down to the "max" ilvl for the dungeon, or is it proportional? In other words, would his adjusted ilvl in Timewalking dungeons be less than, say, a Prot Pal at 900 ilvl?

What I'm ultimately getting at is whether he would (still) be a liability to the average geared healer in Timewalking vice in Legion dungeons.

• Options
    Mai-Kero wrote: »

I meant to ask this yesterday. My Prot Pal is ilvl 787. Does his gear level get adjusted down to the "max" ilvl for the dungeon, or is it proportional? In other words, would his adjusted ilvl in Timewalking dungeons be less than, say, a Prot Pal at 900 ilvl?

What I'm ultimately getting at is whether he would (still) be a liability to the average geared healer in Timewalking vice in Legion dungeons.

Everyone gets brought down to the same iLvl.

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    antherem wrote: »
    I wasn't able to go to raid last night but they got H Botanist down and the reaction seemed to be universally "OK, we got him down. Let's never do that boss again."

It gets hectic at the very end. Only boss that's worse is phase 3 Guldan

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh HAIL SATAN.

From the PvP Q&A today, apparently they're adding a feature where you can obliterate PvP gear and use the tokens from doing so to buy items that let you target a slot and get a random item from that slot.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

I don't mind the LFR but well I have not done it at all this exp
    For various reasons

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Wrong thread.

forty on
  • Options
    Jumped in Timewalking with my Prot Pal last night. Only did 2-3 dungeons, but it was fun and went fairly well. Luckily, I remembered most of the boss fights/mechanics so I didn't look like a complete crazy person.

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Gul'dan wasn't bad except for the empowered eyes have just a bit too much hp for lfr, and the raids ignoring empowered bonds means someone gets gibbed if they don't have a way to dodge the explosion. I'm betting the hp of the eyes gets reduced in a week or two.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

Praise jeebus. I ran out of steam at 40. I just don't have time to run mythic that much and only getting multiples when running mythic plus stuff made that whole quest a cluster f. When I had time I could only bang out 10 and when I did not have time I wound up getting few if any. Kinda annoying to do the last part of it before you do that part now that Gul'dan is available via lfr but at least I can complete the damn quest line.

• Options
    So, we tried Botanist before Tich, for some reason.

Man, Botanist is like, have it sort of in control then in p3 it goes FUBAR. Gonna see if I and others talk to try Tich first.

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »

Man, Botanist is like, have it sort of in control then in p3 it goes FUBAR. Gonna see if I and others talk to try Tich first.

We've wiped more times on the trash pull as you enter Tich's room than we have on Tich.

• Options
    TryCatcher wrote: »

Not really much point doing that. You'll have to kill Botanist sooner or later and it's not a fight that gets much easier with gear so coming back to it later isn't really making it easier.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah but Tichondrius drops tier where Botanist doesn't, so it's worth doing for the extra power bump from getting people their 2 or 4 piece sets

This discussion has been closed.