As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Conan Exiles: Penny Arcade Server Now Online

• MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    My three man crew has set up on Wednesday Knights and has started to build. We have a little hunting lodge along the river, near the center of the map. If you see someone running around with the clan DDK, give em a wave before you gank them - I sold them on the PA crowd being super nice dudes, and we had someone slaughter our camp less than an hour in. (don't think it was a PA'er, didn't recognize the clan)

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I haven't seen any PVP happening on the Wednesday Knights servers at all, so the fact that you say there was a slaughter is a bit surprising. So far everyone I've encountered has been super chill.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Name started with a W, forget exactly what. Workz, maybe? Given that he was in full iron, and we were wearing grass skirts and holding stone axes, it didn't take him too long to come through the camp and whack us all. I was a bit salty with him since we didn't have beds yet and I had forgotten to actually use the bedroll after placing it, but thankfully he didn't camp us, and we were able to finish what we were doing.

• EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    I'm thinking there is a decay timer though we may have it turned off. Only @Elimination would know for sure.

Not as fluent in admining in Conan as I was with ARK so sadly can't help out.

There did not used to be a decay timer, but there may be now. I know when I last changed some settings many things were not present -yet-.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • SiskaSiska Shorty Registered User regular
    I'm thinking there is a decay timer though we may have it turned off. Only @Elimination would know for sure.

There did not used to be a decay timer, but there may be now. I know when I last changed some settings many things were not present -yet-.

Just checked. Still can't destroy them.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Siska wrote: »

Just checked. Still can't destroy them.

Might dissapear after a server reboot?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Heh - guy that killed my group (Wattz) came on to gripe about our new build. Apparently we walled off some resources he wanted. Shut up fast when my girl let him know we only had so many walls because someone came into our other camp and killed us all.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I mean, there aren't any resources that are locked to a certain place--other than The Dregs' boss drops.

Further north you go the more common coal and iron are.

• BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    Hey Elimination

I have been trying to log into the server for the last two days, and it is lagging terribly. I have tried other servers with no problem. So it looks like yours needs a reset.

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
    I restarted it. More Conan updates need to happen so I can do this more often.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    I suspect that Funcom has their hands full with LEGENDS and finishing the Conanrim expansion, so I'm not expecting much in the way of updates for at least another month.

edited July 2017
    Hrm, the server isn't actually starting back up. @Elimination not sure if you've got some extra magic to get it to work.

True that Fairchild, I've been having some fun with Legends as well so I can't complain too much.

Edit: Whoop it's back up now. Not sure if Elim or thinking positive thoughts did the job. :lol:

Karoz on
  • RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    How is the archery in this game. Can I get my Subotai on?

It seems decent, haven't checked out the high level bows but being a priest of set and crafting lots of poison arrows seems nice.

Archery right now is effective and it works very well, but it isn't "great."

Currently, hit detection is a bit weird and there are some infrequent notch and release bugs. Sometimes you'll draw back and arrow and release and nothing will fire. So its kinda wonky.

But!

Archery is super powerful. Like... it's borderline OP to be quite honest. I have gone with Set as my personal deity of choice, and being a Set worshiper allows you to craft snake arrows, which are incredibly strong. They are not the highest tier of arrow, but they're incredibly cheap to make and their damage is nothing to scoff at.

I find archery to be a very beneficial skillset to invest in.

Hey, bitch about lack of updates and you shall receive!

nc9colkvj750.jpg
    TL;DR
    Added new climbing mechanic- You can climb any surface as long as you have enough stamina available. If the player gets hit while climbing he will fall. You can build items that improve you climbing abilities.
    Fixed spawn timer, this fixes some of the issues where NPCs would respawn instantly/ spiders in the cave no longer get spawned instantly after the player kills them.
    Reptile hide should now be harvestable with daggers.
    The stack size for meat has been increased to 20, previously was 10.
    We've fixed multiple environment collisions, where the player was able to build inside the cliffs
    You can no longer exploit the Thralls by placing them inside placeables
    We've reduced the amount of XP required to level up by 20%.

Full patch:
    A new update has been released! This one includes the anticipated climbing mechanic, exploit fixes, map icons, and much more. Please restart your games and update your servers to make sure you're on the latest version. See HERE for our official blog post on this update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egiXwjj2yaE

TL;DR
    Added new climbing mechanic- You can climb any surface as long as you have enough stamina available. If the player gets hit while climbing he will fall. You can build items that improve you climbing abilities.
    Fixed spawn timer, this fixes some of the issues where NPCs would respawn instantly/ spiders in the cave no longer get spawned instantly after the player kills them.
    Reptile hide should now be harvestable with daggers.
    We've fixed multiple environment collisions, where the player was able to build inside the cliffs
    You can no longer exploit the Thralls by placing them inside placeables

Balance and Gameplay Fixes
    Player can now place building blocks underwater
    Balanced the damage dealt by explosive jars; this means that far objects hit by the explosion will take higher damage than before
    Reptile hide should now be harvestable with daggers
    Machines that require burnable fuel now accept branches as fuel
    Gruel now weights 0,1 instead of 0,3
    Being over encumbered will now allow movement at a limited movement speed. It still applies stamina penalties based on the amount of encumbrance.
    Changed the amount of XP given to the player when discovering a new location; the more you explored the more you get
    Fixed some of the issues related with player state after logging off
    Explosive Jars no longer requires a level 30 feat to learn
    Arrows now cause shields to lose durability when hit
    Added double tap to initiate a dodge action
    Fixed exploit where a player could glitch through walls by using a specific console command.
    Using armor no longer dampens the players fall damage.
    We've made changes to the recopies for the Abysmal Sword and Abysmal Dagger
    Abysmal Fangs now have a higher drop rate than before
    Stonebrick gate and Gateway items no longer can be crafted instantaneously.
    Players now get XP by discovering new locations on the map.
    We've improved the camera when using the bow

General Bug Fixes and Improvements
    Broken highway no longer triggers multiple times for all the players on the server
    Fixed spawn timer, this fixes some of the issues where NPCs would respawn instantly; spiders in the cave no longer get spawned instantly after the player kills them.
    Fixed an issue where sometimes rotating the building placement would give an invalid placement message
    Bug fixes and improvements with peaceable objects
    Added new map icons for vista, ruins and player corpse.
    The map now gets populated with the locations that the player discovers
    Player no longer gets blocked in crouched mode after taking damaged while crouched
    Fixed various audio issues: some sounds wouldn't trigger, or trigger the wrong sound.
    Added option to change or remove the player crosshair/dot.
    Added new visual pop-ups to inform players of new discovered locations
    Fixed an issue where player could not build attached foundation down a slope
    Fixed an issue where a foundation could not be placed in front of a door frame.
    Fixed an issue where sometimes recreating a new character would start the game close to the river.
    Fixed issue where sometimes NPCs were not able to run.
    NPCs and player nametags are shown when getting close to them
    Fixed certain emotes that would not trigger correctly while in first-person mode.
    Changed the crouch mechanic: now the player has the option to toggle it instead of pressing crouch button constantly.
    Added a new visual effect when the player gets hit while using the inventory.
    Fixed a small issue where a player in some instances could walk underwater.
    The revert countdown timer in the settings screen can now be dismissed with the ESC key without affecting the desired selection.
    Fixed an issue where Yog could fly above a Tier 3 shrine’s shield and destroy it.
    Players can no longer get unlimited orbs by splitting them within containers
    Upgrading the Shrines no longer creates a zone where the player cannot build.
    The elevator now has a maximum vertical distance that it can be built
    Fixed an issue where sometimes the player could make the altars float in the air
    You can no longer exploit the Thralls by placing them inside placeables.
    Poisonous Spider attack now has poisoned projectiles that stack on hit.
    Yog avatar no longer gets stuck while performing dive attack
    Fixed an issue where sometimes the "This Land is already Claimed" would overlap with the stats, preventing the player from clicking on attributes to raise them.
    Fixed the issues with the triangle foundation placement system.
    Fixed an issue where the single player server wouldn't save the settings made during the game hosting section.
    We've fixed an issue where sometimes during the logging process the player might fall through the world.

Cinematics
    Fixed issues with some cinematics not triggering.

Server Settings
    Fixed some issues where a player could be killed while offline.
    Added an option to set the maximum ping allowed for a player to be able to connect to the server
    Fixed the issue where the "Disconnecting from Server" dialog wouldn't disappear when returning to main menu.

Text and Localization
    Small text fixes and corrections

Visual Improvements
    We've made improvements to some emote animations while in crouch mode.
    Fixed an issue where sometimes the blood splatter on the character wouldn't disappear
    New particle effects for the altars, so that the player could spot them faster.
    We've implemented high quality icons for different type of locations that the player can discover.
    We've changed some of the icons in order to better reflect the actual items.
    We've improved the look and the feel of the map, you can also zoom in and out now.
    You can now get more information from a map icon by simply hovering the mouse pointer over it.
    We've fixed the issue where the player could not scroll in the Clan Roster page
    Small visual touches were made to the main menu interface.

Known Issues
    If you experience graphical artifacts or crashes when running the game at non-standard resolutions then change your resolution from the main menu when starting the game
    If running the game in borderless fullscreen mode on a multi-monitor setup, the game client may default to the same screen always. Switch to fullscreen or windowed mode instead
    The mountaineer NPC who teaches you to craft climbing gear has no audio or voice. This is part of his backstory -he is a mute!

Elim's server is updated.

Some very nice QoL changes in this patch!

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Hmm, not sure how I feel about climbing.

My base was built up and around geographical features under the assumption that they would be an effective barrier, and this leave some areas exposed.

Move to New Zealand
    Mortious wrote: »

My base was built up and around geographical features under the assumption that they would be an effective barrier, and this leave some areas exposed.

Yeah, we've already got someone planting single foundations near our base to cut off our nearby resources. Can't wait to see what they do now that they can get in.

Madpoet wrote: »

Yeah, we've already got someone planting single foundations near our base to cut off our nearby resources. Can't wait to see what they do now that they can get in.

Honestly that doesn't seem like very good behavior. While the pvp things is there for fun it's not meant to allow people to abuse it.

Not sure how Elimination feels but I'd give one warning before kicking that person off the server.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    It seems to me that climbing will make archer thralls more valuable. If I read the patch notes correctly, any damage will cause you to fall. Put a lot more archers up on your walls and natural barriers, and anyone trying to climb over takes a tumble.

Which now gives me a thought of building cells into your walls. Thralls ensconced in stone for all time...
    Or maybe just inverted pyramid overhangs?

chromdom on
    Overhangs seem to be the way to go; top every wall with a line of ceiling tiles.

Fairchild wrote: »
    Overhangs seem to be the way to go; top every wall with a line of ceiling tiles.

Half-width ceiling tiles would be nice, I find building overhangs with the current ones to look ugly.

Move to New Zealand
    Sorry about lack of communication, the power brick on my laptop died, but I am back now !

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
    Another month paid. Continue Conan-ing !

Fairchild wrote: »
    I suspect that Funcom has their hands full with LEGENDS and finishing the Conanrim expansion, so I'm not expecting much in the way of updates for at least another month.

Dang, what a bad prediction this turned out to be. Which is a good sign, it means that Funcom is committed to EXILES and has a team spending many hours on it.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Any performance improvements with the engine upgrade?

• Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    My performance seems a lot better than a couple of months ago but I don't know if it was this update.

Hotfix today:
    Patch Notes
    Fixed an issue with MaxPingAllowed
    You can no longer build while climbing
    You now enter 3rd person view when climbing
    Several server optimizations related to placeables and buildings
    Fixed a case where the avatar defense dome would disappear on server restart

Elim's server is updated.

edited July 2017

If you can send me the names of people doing this in PM it would be great, If they keep doing this I will ban them from the server. They sound like they are randoms. I actually think these are the first randoms we've ever had. We can always password the server as well, it just wasn't necessary before because we didn't have a shithead troll problem.

Elimination on
    I haven't really been on or played lately. Had some other games come out and I've just been taking a break.

I'm planning on making a full return when the Highlands biome comes out next month.

Actually... I might get on a little before that just to try to finish up my current base (if it still exists).

If you can send me the names of people doing this in PM it would be great, If they keep doing this I will ban them from the server. They sound like they are randoms. I actually think these are the first randoms we've ever had. We can always password the server as well, it just wasn't necessary before because we didn't have a shithead troll problem.

I don't know that there's any way to tell who a stone belongs to, but I'll let you know if I find out.

Well I mean we had no damage to player buildings basically to prevent trolling. If people want, we can turn it on and let people/creatures fuck buildings up during certain times of the day or something.

edited July 2017
    Just poking in here to gauge interest. I have noticed in the last 2 weeks I am the only person who has logged into the server. Are people just waiting for the new map expansion? Early July saw a lot of players but it's been dead since then. Just want to make sure everyone is still wanting to play this and I am not funding a dead server.

As always, you can donate toward the server through paypal sending it to [email protected]

I have only ever received a single donation since starting the server, next server bill is coming on the 15th of Aug.

Elimination on
  • MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    I have been waiting for the map expansion personally, climbing is cool and all but I want new things to climb and build on.

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    same here

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    Honestly, I'd love to play with you guys, but I think the time zone is a bit of an issue since I'm in Europe. Most people seem to log on in the server in the middle of the night for me.

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Rhan9 wrote: »
    Honestly, I'd love to play with you guys, but I think the time zone is a bit of an issue since I'm in Europe. Most people seem to log on in the server in the middle of the night for me.

I haven't been on in a while because of, well life, but I play EU times.