Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Heed the Call of [Arkham Horror Files]!

2»

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I've put together a deck for a second try at soloing Dunwich (my first attempt stalled). I really, really want to play Carcosa but can't justify buying the entire path without playing what I have first.

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    EH is one of my favorite board games, but out of my normal group of players only me and one friend enjoy being the underdogs. Why don't people enjoy slowly going insane and fighting horrors from beyond reality?

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN • MagicPrime | Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)

Ofnv4jq.gif
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh hey, new article talking about the guardian and rogue investigators from The Forgotten Age.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    That guardian might be fantastic for Solo play.

Also a new article up talking about the creation of the new Survivor, Calvin Wright.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Dunwich update:

Just got Essex County'd, and suffered two mental trauma as Roland. (Got eliminated by horror damage, and then had Cover Up in play fire. Although... honestly, by how that adventure ends with a failure, I think that got cover up'd fairly well?)

persona4celestia.jpg
  • AthenorAthenor Who needs lions when you have a battlecruiser? Registered User regular
    I like that the pain train that is the Essex County Express is almost becoming its own meme. That scenario does not fuck around.

iLaXVZ7.png
    Official member of the Grilling Gentry

"Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    edited March 31
    I mean, FFS.
    We were actually doing really well... up until the Engine. I was the one that entered the Engine. The other two players had already gone, and were in the passenger car before it.

I barely dodge the event on entering it with the steam demon, burning a bunch of cards to do so.

I get the Engine that has the "draw three cards." I get the Grappling demon, a cultist (who gets a doom counter), and a arcane barrier, slamming the door to the Engine shut.

Two of the players end up drawing Mythos cards that put doom on the track, causing the two passenger cars they're in to fall into the rift, leaving me alone to fight the monsters.

And then I take two horror the next round from a Mythos card to knock me out.

Worst. Train. Ever.

What was worse was the person who was playing Jim ended up losing the Necronomicon due to this. So we ended up basically getting a Elder Thing token in the chaos bag for... nothing, since he never got it into play.

At least Blood on the Altar went... a little better?
    Only had two sacrificial deaths, and we ended up killing the Beast somehow.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Whew, made it through the Dunwich finale.
    Everyone made it out, and so the campaign was a success, but Roland ended up going mad from the parting 2 extra mental trauma.

That one actually felt pretty good? The extra-dimensional areas flickering in and out of reality was super cool.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Huh, Carolyn's deck-building options are fascinating.
    Guardian 0-3, Neutral's 0-5, cards that "heal horror" level 0-5, up to 15 Seeker/Mystic cards level 0-1.

Additional restrictions: No Weapon cards level 1-5.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Woof, player through the first four of Carcosa today. Those are vastly cooler scenarios...

Although...
    ...let’s just say the King claimed his victims... D:

Ffff, literally ONE space from getting out of the Asylum.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Oh hey, there’s the new Mystic from Forgotten Age: Father Mateo.

Seal is a interesting mechanic, since it removes tokens from the chaos bag.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Mateo looks like a really fun and unique investigator.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I suppose the OP not being in chronological order is thematic. Having not played Arkham Horror for years, I'm wondering what to do with it. Its taking up a lot of shelf space.

steam_sig.png
  • AthenorAthenor Who needs lions when you have a battlecruiser? Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I suppose the OP not being in chronological order is thematic. Having not played Arkham Horror for years, I'm wondering what to do with it. Its taking up a lot of shelf space.

No, it's because I was grouping the "Flagship" games first and foremost.

I guess I should update the OP to include the new video game coming.

iLaXVZ7.png
    Official member of the Grilling Gentry

"Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
2»