The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Penny Arcade - Comic - A Big, Big Love

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 20 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - A Big, Big Love

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here


Unknown User on
QuidAndy JoeNotoriusBENZilla360kimeCaulk Bite 6Albino Bunny

Posts

  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    "shoot these guys" - yea, I've played Space Invaders dude.

    Rhesus Positive
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I played a couple of rounds of Gigantic now and I think they are kinda overselling how different it is.

    It's a team based character shooter where you hold nodes and get kills to be able to attack the enemy base.

    That those nodes and bases have a cool monster theme doesn't really make it harder to understand mechanically.

    Zilla360
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I played a couple of rounds of Gigantic now and I think they are kinda overselling how different it is.

    It's a team based character shooter where you hold nodes and get kills to be able to attack the enemy base.

    That those nodes and bases have a cool monster theme doesn't really make it harder to understand mechanically.

    What about the avian disdain? How does that factor in?

    Nobeard wrote: »
    You can even mount some non-animals...

    Steam:MichaelLC
  • MvrckMvrck Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I played a couple of rounds of Gigantic now and I think they are kinda overselling how different it is.

    It's a team based character shooter where you hold nodes and get kills to be able to attack the enemy base.

    That those nodes and bases have a cool monster theme doesn't really make it harder to understand mechanically.

    Well when people regularly compare it to Smite and Dota, yeah it's a bit different.

    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • dennisdennis Registered User regular
    I keep watching them stream Gigantic, and they're fucking brainwashing me. I actually came really close to downloading it, even though I knew I would be awful at it. Like, bad enough to make other people quit videogames (plural intended).

    Ultimately, that's what keeps me from doing it. I wish there were designated "scrub league" server or servers. Ones where it's considering totally fine to go and embarrass yourself and where letting your team down is impossible because there are no expectations other than to not quit out during the matchmaking (a problem with the regular game, I've seen).

    Zilla360
  • kakitamikekakitamike Registered User regular
    All my time spent with Gigantic was me trying to remember what episode of looney toons Lord Knossos's run animation was lifted from.

  • GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    I keep watching them stream Gigantic, and they're fucking brainwashing me. I actually came really close to downloading it, even though I knew I would be awful at it. Like, bad enough to make other people quit videogames (plural intended).

    Ultimately, that's what keeps me from doing it. I wish there were designated "scrub league" server or servers. Ones where it's considering totally fine to go and embarrass yourself and where letting your team down is impossible because there are no expectations other than to not quit out during the matchmaking (a problem with the regular game, I've seen).

    Yeah it would be nice if video games played for recreation and fun weren't taking so seriously. People shouldn't be berated/harassed for being poor/new. But I also understand were you are coming from, in the social anxiety sense.

    dennisZilla360
  • dennisdennis Registered User regular
    GDT1985 wrote: »
    Yeah it would be nice if video games played for recreation and fun weren't taking so seriously. People shouldn't be berated/harassed for being poor/new. But I also understand were you are coming from, in the social anxiety sense.

    Maybe we can convince Jerry to set up a league just for folks like us and him. He could call it Jerry's K... err... on second thought.

  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Ah good. The comic title that should have been 2 strips ago. I almost emailed in given that they've recently changed the strip title a few time already when people did that.

    Still would have worked better on the previous comic that was about implied dongs.

    TingleSigBar.gif
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    kakitamike wrote: »
    All my time spent with Gigantic was me trying to remember what episode of looney toons Lord Knossos's run animation was lifted from.

    Bully for Bugs maybe?

    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
    Steam, Fortnite - NotoriusBEN
    Uplay, Arc Gigantic - notoriusben
  • Bigg ShruggzBigg Shruggz Registered User new member
    Thank you for the Pixies based joke. It made my day, albeit into a shady place. Let's have a ball.

  • dennisdennis Registered User regular
    kakitamike wrote: »
    All my time spent with Gigantic was me trying to remember what episode of looney toons Lord Knossos's run animation was lifted from.

    Bully for Bugs maybe?

    Getting more of a What's Opera, Doc vibe.


Sign In or Register to comment.