As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]ing from home

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Rock-jawed British manhood. Could there be a more stirring sight?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    main_900.jpg?1480955843

I am helpless against this sort of thing.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    A people ready for adventure

Your novel is a huge success at Court. There's very little that they like better than stories about rock-jawed British manhood knocking villainous continentals about in the name of the Empire. Some of the Court's more delicate flowers swoon at the sweatier moments.

The common folk of London like it even more. Sales are astronomical. A swathe of young adventurers signs up at the docks, convinced that your Mountain of Youth is real. Several treasure-hunters knock on your door. They demand directions and promise you a share of their entirely imagined loot.

Oh oh I also started writing a novel at court--because apparently you can design your zubmarine based on your Tale of the Future, and I do not care if that is or is not the most efficient option; it is definitely the coolest.

I guess I now spend my next many actions uhhh sitting in my lodgings (via the court that is) looking for inspiration? There are a lot of options but not clear what's the best.

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    main_900.jpg?1480955843

I am helpless against this sort of thing.

So is that one panda cub...

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    I think the next time I get a [chat] I am going to do a choose your own adventure game, with each choice linking to a different post.

However, maybe this isn't actually a good idea, because the next post needs to exist in order for the link to work, so you'd need to create the next choice and then edit the link into the previous one, which is iffy. BUT, since each post links to the next choice it's easy to find the most recent one by clicking through. Hmmm. I will create a new draft thread anyway.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I think the next time I get a [chat] I am going to do a choose your own adventure game, with each choice linking to a different post.

However, maybe this isn't actually a good idea, because the next post needs to exist in order for the link to work, so you'd need to create the next choice and then edit the link into the previous one, which is iffy. BUT, since each post links to the next choice it's easy to find the most recent one by clicking through. Hmmm. I will create a new draft thread anyway.

You could do a test run in CF!

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    credeiki wrote: »

Your novel is a huge success at Court. There's very little that they like better than stories about rock-jawed British manhood knocking villainous continentals about in the name of the Empire. Some of the Court's more delicate flowers swoon at the sweatier moments.

The common folk of London like it even more. Sales are astronomical. A swathe of young adventurers signs up at the docks, convinced that your Mountain of Youth is real. Several treasure-hunters knock on your door. They demand directions and promise you a share of their entirely imagined loot.

Oh oh I also started writing a novel at court--because apparently you can design your zubmarine based on your Tale of the Future, and I do not care if that is or is not the most efficient option; it is definitely the coolest.

I guess I now spend my next many actions uhhh sitting in my lodgings (via the court that is) looking for inspiration? There are a lot of options but not clear what's the best.

@credeiki here's what I've figured out so far:

- Inspiration is, like other stuff in the game, a triangular number. A 24 inspiration project needs 300 CP, and a 34 inspiration project needs 595.
    - Yesterday's Work is the chance option; you can either make double progress or lose it
    - Options that just rely on passing a check, or that are auto-successes, yield 10 CP
    - Options that expend Connections (The People's Art, Devils and Art, Religion and Art, etc) yield 15 CP (and seem to cost a variable amount of Connected)

I have a metric fuckton of Connected: the Church from my soul saving so I have just been relentlessly cashing that in.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I cashed in lots of Bohemian connections to write my great works

Sometimes it pays to be a feckless honey addict

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Yayyy kitty is here on my legs

I was starting to worry that I accidentally let her outside because I haven't seen her in a while

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    A 24 inspiration project? Now I'm imagining someone making a 24 RPG.

03bbfc4c11ef07a19751d8be4c6d39b9.jpg

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    this Crazy Ex-Girlfriend episode is hard to watch there is so much fremdschamen

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

Which one?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

Which one?

All of them

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    hehe
    zjcj7qem12ot.jpg

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017

credeiki here's what I've figured out so far:

- Inspiration is, like other stuff in the game, a triangular number. A 24 inspiration project needs 300 CP, and a 34 inspiration project needs 595.
    - Yesterday's Work is the chance option; you can either make double progress or lose it
    - Options that just rely on passing a check, or that are auto-successes, yield 10 CP
    - Options that expend Connections (The People's Art, Devils and Art, Religion and Art, etc) yield 15 CP (and seem to cost a variable amount of Connected)

I have a metric fuckton of Connected: the Church from my soul saving so I have just been relentlessly cashing that in.

yeah i wrote one Tale of the Future and one Patriotic Adventure

one for the Zubmarine and the other to get in with God's Editors since they don't like the Tale of the Future

Orphane on
  • Options
    Oh no and now his $250,000 book contract has been cancelled.

How terrible.

• Options

Which one?
    Rebecca's dad is in town for the wedding

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »

credeiki here's what I've figured out so far:

yeah i wrote one Tale of the Future and one Patriotic Adventure

one for the Zubmarine and the other to get in with God's Editors since they don't like the Tale of the Future

I am going to write everything because I am insane

all the novels, all the poems, and then the 20 whatever symphonies to get my Scholar of the Correspondence to 10

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    A 24 inspiration project? Now I'm imagining someone making a 24 RPG.

03bbfc4c11ef07a19751d8be4c6d39b9.jpg

PLAY OF THE GAME

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    CW's Mxy went full Pepe le Pew there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMS-n9i9Qqk

• Options
    https://failbettergames.bandcamp.com/track/submergio-viol

i really like this song because it's the one that plays when you sail near the Iron Republic

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    https://failbettergames.bandcamp.com/track/submergio-viol

i really like this song because it's the one that plays when you sail near the Iron Republic
    None of the soundtrack of sunless sea is really something I'd listen to outside of the game, but it does a good job of setting the mood.
    When you enter home waters and Wolfstack Lights starts playing I'm just immediately filled with this feeling of relief at having made it back from another voyage alive.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    ezgif-2-67274a7278.gif

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    simonwaifu and I are now all caught up with Riverdale

what a beautiful piece of garbage that show is

• Options
    is archie in a poly relationship with whatshername and whoseherface yet?

they should get it over with and have a threesome

• Options
    Feral wrote: »
    ezgif-2-67274a7278.gif

you forgot to ping @Evil Multifarious and @Organichu

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    fce.jpg

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    For Honor is teaching my why I stopped playing PvP games with randos

People are literally the worst

• Options

This may be easier than you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFhWuJc-qTI

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

I just love that someone looked at the old Archie comics, looked at Twin Peaks, and then thought "Fuck it, worse combinations have happened"

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »

I just love that someone looked at the old Archie comics, looked at Twin Peaks, and then thought "Fuck it, worse combinations have happened"

I'm positive they were also influenced by the comic book reboot.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular

soon, MEA will be out and there will be no need for PVP.

• Options

Early on it seemed like they were going to like, close the love triangle, and make the girls just as interested in each other as they were interested in Archie.

Which kind of seems like an interesting approach, if nothing else it kinid of gives the girls a bit more chance to be indecisive themselves instead of just twiddling their thumbs waiting for Archie all the time.

But from comments from the actresses and the way the episodes have gone since then, it doesn't seem like they're actually going that way.

In which case the kiss is just kind of dumb, instead of a setup for anything.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

soon, MEA will be out and there will be no need for PVP.

I have a major suspicion that Andromeda is going to turn out to just be okay.

Not bad, but not great, either.

Although I base most of that suspicion on not really enjoying either ME3 or Inquisition, which I am aware are divisive opinions.

• Options
    Kana wrote: »

Early on it seemed like they were going to like, close the love triangle, and make the girls just as interested in each other as they were interested in Archie.

Which kind of seems like an interesting approach, if nothing else it kinid of gives the girls a bit more chance to be indecisive themselves instead of just twiddling their thumbs waiting for Archie all the time.

But from comments from the actresses and the way the episodes have gone since then, it doesn't seem like they're actually going that way.

Maybe the show runner decided at the last minute to drop the set up, though you're right it could just have been for fan service too.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    YES.

• Options

Maybe the show runner decided at the last minute to drop the set up, though you're right it could just have been for fan service too.

The first like 2 episodes felt like they were setting up a lot of hints that Veronica was kind of into Betty. The kiss, trying to convince her that her whole thing Archie wasn't going to work out, going like super overboard with the charm offensive when Betty was pissed at her. It felt like Veronica was basically trying to catch Betty on the rebound.

But apparently not.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    hehe
    zjcj7qem12ot.jpg

It is sad that this is happening to a gathering I love, and an intellectual conservative tradition that I have deep respect for.

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.