As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect: Andromeda] Negative Ghost Ryder, the planet is full. Tag your Spoilers.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Apparently in the space of 3 days I had mentally blocked how unbelievably bad this games menus are.

Seriously, it is actually aggressively bad.

I refuse to believe that a human being, at any point, sat down and tested it, and concluded "yep, this is a thing that remotely resembles a thing that could be considered slightly usable by a sentient lifeform!"

I honestly cannot think of a single game, in my 36 years of life and playing video games that has a more obtuse, poorly designed, toeing the line of being literally useless, menu system.

I'd like to introduce you to a little game called EVE Online...

Seriously though, can we get the "vote kick" button moved off the "inspect squad" button?

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    2am. Maybe I should go to sleep?

...nahhhh...

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Really enjoying the single player so far, but alas sleep.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Apparently in the space of 3 days I had mentally blocked how unbelievably bad this games menus are.

Seriously, it is actually aggressively bad.

I refuse to believe that a human being, at any point, sat down and tested it, and concluded "yep, this is a thing that remotely resembles a thing that could be considered slightly usable by a sentient lifeform!"

I honestly cannot think of a single game, in my 36 years of life and playing video games that has a more obtuse, poorly designed, toeing the line of being literally useless, menu system.

For all of the good aspects that carry over from game to game, Bioware is also not a company that responds well to criticism; often instead leaning even harder into the things people didn't like about their games rather than recognizing and correcting them. The menu seems to be yet another jewel on that crown.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Oh hey there's actually a button (Alt on PC) for switching sides on the camera so it's over the other shoulder. That was driving me nuts, so many times I couldn't aim properly.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Did they patch the sound issues in MP with the launch?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

I'm having it happen a lot less now(not at all tbh). But I'm not sure if its fixed or if I'm getting lucky.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

It sounds WAY THE HELL better. (Xbox) It's still not perfect, but I've got it set to surround/high dynamic range, and it's "pretty darn good". Still get snuck up on, but the positional audio and shot effects are much improved.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Since I'm playing early for my country by using a VPN to unlock the game early, I have to play in offline mode which means no strike missions. How badly am I burning myself by having to do this for the first dozen hours?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    dporowski wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    I kind of regret playing Multiplayer now. It spoiled some of the late game Kett and Remnant enemies for me. I think the SP reveals would have more impact if I didn't know the enemies already...

I totally spoiled myself in ME3 that way, a new enemy would show up and instead of being all wowed by the experience I was just like, "Oh, yeah, those guys, they're not actually that bad."

I've resolved to stay away from MP until I finish the single player campaign this time

The introduction of both Banshees and Atlases was... Anticlimactic.

"Wait... There's just... One of them?"
    I liked how the boss fight for that particular side mission was.... 2 Banshees.

Adorable.
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    A steak! wrote: »
    A steak! wrote: »
    Can someone tell me why it is that in the year of our Lord 2017 EA can't make a password reset that actually sends out an email?

I reset my password from the "forgot password" on the Origin site and it sent an E-mail. Or do you mean another EA account thing?

I tried from SWTOR, EA site and Origin and nothing. I've been on the line with EA for an hour and we've almost got it figured out. One clue as to my trouble was that all my security answers are in Cyrillic.

That makes me wonder... how do you set up a 2-step authentication app for your Origin account? The options in Origin says its a thing but I can't find an Origin app on the Android store.
    There isn't one, you just get a thing added to whatever authentication app you already have.

edit: Whoever made the MP list (@Strikor?) send me the links so I can add it to the OP.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    Honestly I'd rather DadRyder (or MomRyder if that was in the game) be the protag. Having an older, world weary character who maybe isn't at their prime instead of a scrappy warrior god/goddess would be a change of pace I wouldn't mind. AND I SAY THIS AS A YOUNGER PERSON SO IT'S NOT ME JUST WANTING OLD PEOPLE TO BE MAIN CHARACTERS CAUSE I'M OLD

Not every game can be witcher 3 :(

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Since I'm playing early for my country by using a VPN to unlock the game early, I have to play in offline mode which means no strike missions. How badly am I burning myself by having to do this for the first dozen hours?

You can send teams out via the APEX HQ app, but you're probably not missing out on much.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    TFW suddenly everyone except you is dead and you're not sure what happened.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

You can do strike missions from the phone app no matter what county you're in, I think.. At least my team Romeo just mastered their first one :snap:

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Drack is delightful. I think I'll toss PB out the airlock.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    PSA.

Not going to spoiler this, because everybody deserves to know this.

When you're planet scanning, the little red lights around the edge are red herrings. They don't show anything or signify anything. If there's something to scan on a planet, you'll be told and there'll be an arrow.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Yeah, took me a bit to realize that. Just listen for hideous Scottish screeching, that denotes an anomaly.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

To my own detriment I have to say that quirky space elves hit some notes deep within my personality.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Another PSA - You can exit the galaxy map for a great view out of the window of whatever planet or system body you're currently at, so don't forget to do that occasionally.

• Options

To my own detriment I have to say that quirky space elves hit some notes deep within my personality.

I romanced Sera, so I can't say shit. Speaking of, Vetra is such a scoundrel...

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Got a Krogan Merc and Salarian Infiltrator. Also got a black widow and 2 new guns. One is a single shot snipers with 1200 damage. I don't really like how enemies can spawn on top of you, but I'll just have to play more to get a feel for each one. The biggest issue I had in my few matches was getting over run. The huge thing, plus an ascendant and with 2-3 grunts and dogs wiped us pretty quick.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    i-fV3WqFk-2100x20000.jpg

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

The best is to pair up Peebee with Cora
    Peebee just keeps making fun of Cora for being an Asari wannabe

She has a decent point, too.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Well...played a few hours of MP...about to hop into SP and see what its talking about.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Are alien augmentations only applicable to alien weapons? I researched the cryo mod for weapons but didn't get the chance to apply it and can't seem to find it in my inventory or in the development tab.

Quid on
  • Options
    Relatively early Eos spoilers
    Is there a time gate on accessing the parts of Eos that remain level 3 hazardous after the first vault, or can I get there before the next vault?

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I'm seriously considering Redboxing this on the way back from the gym just to get the install and patching out of the way by the time my game gets here.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Is there a time gate on accessing the parts of Eos that remain level 3 hazardous after the first vault, or can I get there before the next vault?

I hope not? I thought the
    level three hazard was a pretty clear indication of 'do it later', since you die like 3 seconds into trying to do them...

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options

level three hazard was a pretty clear indication of 'do it later', since you die like 3 seconds into trying to do them...
    You actually don't, even once the life support is down on the Nomad it takes AGES for it to actually die. I definitely got the feeling I'm not supposed to be there, though, there was some stuff there that I feel like you're not meant to see yet.

• Options

You actually don't, even once the life support is down on the Nomad it takes AGES for it to actually die. I definitely got the feeling I'm not supposed to be there, though, there was some stuff there that I feel like you're not meant to see yet.
    once you leave the nomad though...

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Folks weren't lying about the CC being limited

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    guys pls dont be INSANELY jealous of my scarf

8)

*snip*
    Simran is a fucking good name, dude.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Well...played a few hours of MP...about to hop into SP and see what its talking about.

That was actually my first multiplayer match, didn't even realize you were on ps4.

Seemed like it ran okay, though often when I looked at other people's characters they were glitched out.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I'm actually getting more and more impressed at how expressive faces are. Here's a series of pictures which, I think, do a decent effort of showing it off. They look better in motion, obviously, but it's really quite remarkable the subtle control that the engine has over what are, in humans, tiny facial muscles.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas more and more like the start of the game just doesn't do it justice. Every single one of these pictures is a distinctly different emotion on display.

Spoilered for taking up a lot of screen real estate, but these are not spoilers.
    olROScz.jpg
    yiAfBQp.jpg
    wuaLoOj.jpg
    lzIKtL6.jpg
    lmcyE0h.jpg
    xhZciAW.jpg
    Rf3O1NP.jpg

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Folks weren't lying about the CC being limited

As per my post above, I'm beginning to think it's a consequence of how detailed they've gotten with facial expressions. You can only allow so much bone structure customising if you want to retain fine control over minute facial movements.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Yeah from what I saw it seems best to just pick a base face you like and tweak it a bit.

But I hope its more indepth in the future.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    More counterpoints against the circlejerk as I think of them

The spazzy running down the stairs? Only reproducible if you spam A and D while sprinting.

The weird walk that Cora does? she does it, but it's only Cora. Ryder doesn't.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    The number of POC presets is kinda amazing

Everyone's wide-eyed because of how woke bioware is rn

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    I ordered this late last night from Greenman. Now the code delivery wait is on.

Faster you bastards, faster.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    No bioware game has ever managed even vaguely decent looking blond hair.

True story:

I'm terrible with character creators so I normally just use the default face

All my femshep runs are femshep+diff hair color

Couldn't do a blonde one it looked so awful

This discussion has been closed.