As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Volstagg the [chat]ious

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Lion. What is this? Was this really a movie? Is there a real lion in it? No? Then fuck this.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    The PA comic today is awesome and adorable and I love it

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I feel like they should only get 2 minutes each to start a new thread.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I didn't merge shit, stop blaming me for everything you animals

LISTEN UP

First person - you have 10 minutes to make a chat
    Second person - after the 10 minute mark, you have 10 minutes to make a chat

Everyone else chomping at the bit to make some sort of rogue chat, wait 20 minutes jesus christ it's not that long

This rule obviously doesn't apply to mods who can make a chat whenever they feel like it, of course

Finally: all Tom Brady chats will be locked immediately, don't even do it
    There are rules here. So it is spoken. *bows*

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    if you say "fk tom brady" three times in a mirror jake appears and makes fun of you

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    i'm going to keep writing my passwords in my notebook at work

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    What about a Bom Trady chat?

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I like how we are given something strange and new and funny and then we just drive that shit off a cliff

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    I'm offsetting my biotertiary existential malaise by blasting yes and drinking this new sencha I got it's working maybe the boomers were right after all

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Frog + Throat = Croak

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Hi this is Thom Bradley. I wish to make a chat featuring the Foxboro Football Club. They are good and I think you would all like them.

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    So Lastpass hosts the stuff for me, but if they get hacked somehow, my master repository would be in trouble?

But 1password lets me put the master somewhere, but if my drive with that on it died, then I'm also in trouble?

I am confused and scared.

If LastPass is hacked you'll be fine. It's end-to-end encrypted. You should probably change the passwords anyway, but they do not store any unencrypted data on their servers, nor do they have the encryption keys. With current technology, any leaked passwords will take longer than the age of the universe to brute-force decrypt, unless some systemic flaw is found in AES-256.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    ilu Sig don't be mad

:cry:

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    horses champ at the bit sig Jesus this is the mod level we've come to accept

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Okay now someone tell me which of these zillion password managers to use

Preferably one that is free and has all the features of the paid ones

The only totally free one is KeePass, which requires you to manage the cloud side of it if wanted. This is the kind of thing you should probably pay for considering they have all your passwords.

Lastpass is $1/mo. I don't know what 1Password costs these days, but they don't charge you again until the next major version.

1 password is apparently on a subscription model now a days.

Keepass sounds nice unless my database gets lost due to a failing drive or something

A dollar a month or so sounds pretty reasonable though.

There are KeePass plugins that you can use to sync backed up to dropbox or google or whatever.

That sort of defeats the purpose though right? Other than the free part?

depends on which purpose you mean

if you keep your 1password stuff on DropBox and that gets hacked then someone could steal the encrypted password file. They would then have to decrypt it meaning they would need either:
    1) your master password
    2) some revolutionary improvement in decryption technology that noone knows about
    3) a currently unknown vulnerability in the 1password cryptography algorithms
    4) you having a stupid master password
    5) several thousand years with the computing resources of a nation state (barring #2 of course)

the downside of 1password (I actually think it's an upside but whatevs) is that if you forget your master password you are fucked. There is noone that can recover it for you or reset your password. That also means there is no system for an attacker to social-engineer and nothing for them to steal should they attack the 1password company itself.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    It was always ten minutes and five minutes

How dare you change our culture

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    If Trump gets impeached for russia shit it is -literally unamerican- to like Tom Brady

-literally-

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Lion. What is this? Was this really a movie? Is there a real lion in it? No? Then fuck this.
    That was pretty funny, as Lion is probably going to be the one movie from Best Picture that no one saw. :) I saw it, and it was good! It's one of those inspiring feel-good movies, though, with inexplicable shaky cam scenes for no goddamn reason in a couple of sequences (fortunately, very brief and not used throughout the film).

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

LISTEN UP

Everyone else chomping at the bit to make some sort of rogue chat, wait 20 minutes jesus christ it's not that long

This rule obviously doesn't apply to mods who can make a chat whenever they feel like it, of course

Codification of longstanding social norms! <3

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Huckabee is what a stupid person thinks a stupid person sounds like.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    @y2jake215 holy christmas look at the damn menu

sExm2Tbl.png

WILL YOU DIE Y/N

@hakkekage it is always impossible 2 tell depends on ingredients/cooking method/kitchen setup etc

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    y2jake215 holy christmas look at the damn menu

sExm2Tbl.png

WILL YOU DIE Y/N

hakkekage it is always impossible 2 tell depends on ingredients/cooking method/kitchen setup etc

Go ask Will he has an in with the owner and can deliver any specific questions you have

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Woo! Got the earlier flight.

• Options
  • Options
    Hucklebuckle needs to brush up on his tweetslams

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Deviled eggs/steak is a decent bet tho

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

LISTEN UP

This is fair and just.

Agreed. And it will be enshrined in forum memory as "that time SiG the new mod merged all the chats"

• Options
    I like Michael Shannon because he still uses an early 90s flip phone with horribly downsized pictures on it people send him of funny shit.

Also he could probably kill you 30 different ways with whatever is in his pockets.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    horses champ at the bit sig Jesus this is the mod level we've come to accept

she speaks with contempt about "merging shit" but we all know she doesn't have the wherewithal to become a plumber

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    What about a Bom Trady chat?
    navgoose wrote: »
    Hi this is Thom Bradley. I wish to make a chat featuring the Foxboro Football Club. They are good and I think you would all like them.

attempts to circumvent this will be met with me deflating your ability to post in the thread ha ha get it
    I'm joking around but srsly don't do it

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2017
    jake just eat first, then come to the restaurant and pay for your meal and give me the food

Organichu on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Huckabee is such a fucking useless moron god I hate him

That someone with his record of admin failure is allowed to speak on anything is proof rules are different for the GOP in america.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Is

Is that the PAX fancy dinner menu??

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    ilu Sig don't be mad

lol I'm not really mad nexus

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    jake just eat first, then come to the restaurant and pay for your meal and give me the food
    *nods* Eat, Pay, Love

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    James wrote: »
    So Lastpass hosts the stuff for me, but if they get hacked somehow, my master repository would be in trouble?

But 1password lets me put the master somewhere, but if my drive with that on it died, then I'm also in trouble?

I am confused and scared.

If LastPass is hacked you'll be fine. It's end-to-end encrypted. You should probably change the passwords anyway, but they do not store any unencrypted data on their servers, nor do they have the encryption keys. With current technology, any leaked passwords will take longer than the age of the universe to brute-force decrypt, unless some systemic flaw is found in AES-256.

I would note that LastPass is potentially much weaker system since they have an account recovery procedure that could be attacked.

if you lose your 1password info there is nothing to do but delete and start over. So there is no way for someone to convince a customer support rep or some such to give up your info.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    One more hour of work

B u t t s

• Options
    ilu Sig don't be mad

lol I'm not really mad nexus

sig on a different note we bought three of those fkin cat toys you sent us because kitty A. loved the one you got and B. killed it in like a week

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    haha what is the deal with the brady chat thing

This discussion has been closed.